• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

impact

Banned
I would be really disappointed if its 250k again considering how much the player size has grown since then, it would basically be Valve keeping an even more massive cut

also Fnatic running all over Navi

All the extra money has gone to improving the game and serveHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gabe is rich bitch

udiie

Anyone have tips for turning my large amount of 3-5 dollar items into better skins? Should I trade for keys, or trade up, or sell on steam, etc.

ChrisW

Anyone have tips for turning my large amount of 3-5 dollar items into better skins? Should I trade for keys, or trade up, or sell on steam, etc.

I turned mine into a knife simply by trading and getting an extra 30 pence here 50 pence there profit on trades

If you can trade for a slightly better skins after a few times you have something worth like $10 however that takes lots of time, if ya convert them to keys you might be able to get something nice

udiie

thanks chris, trunks
my current situation is about 40-50 dollars in items ranging from 3-8 dollars, so consolidating them without losing too much is my main issue

Mokoi

Banned
thanks chris, trunks
my current situation is about 40-50 dollars in items ranging from 3-8 dollars, so consolidating them without losing too much is my main issue
They gave you horrible adivce. What you want to do is go all in on underdog bets all the time. You'll be living like a king man.

ChrisW

Just won 5 games in a row and managed to rank up to Gold Nova 1 which was my goal to reach before the end of the month, so in happy.

I'm really learning how to manage spray control of the AK and M4

soultron

Banned
^ Congrats. The rank up is real.

Don't know if you're already doing this, but playing offline, enabling cheats so you can toggle showimpacts 1 helped me a lot in my initial days of learning spray control. This lets you see the blue/red/purple dots you sometimes see in YouTube tutorial videos so you can see where your shots are landing.

Finally picked up the Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, going to give it a spin tonight. Gotta train hard on Train for this weekend's AHGL match up.

Rivitur

Banned
They gave you horrible adivce. What you want to do is go all in on underdog bets all the time. You'll be living like a king man.
image.php

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Eh, I'd think it'd be in their best interest to build up the game even more. More tournaments, more players, more money!

I am pretty sure they will. I mean yeah, they would be pretty stupid not to sponsor more tournaments considering how much money they make off the team stickers and new users with every major. Especially if they add more buyable stuff like player signatures and maybe even spray logos etc.

I hope and think that we will end up with 4 majors with $250k each and on top of that an international like tournament with a multi million dollar price pool somewhere down the line. Maybe not this year but by next year pretty sure.

An ESL, ESEA, MLG and Dreamhack major plus The International would be perfect.

K.Sabot

LIQUID VS NETCODE ENDING

MY GOD THAT WAS INSANE

5v5 battle with bomb planted everyone firing at each other with one guy going for the defuse right in front of the Ts.

soultron

Banned
Kingston HyperX Cloud headset is miles better than my old SteelSeries Sibera V2.

• Way better build quality and materials, for far less money.
  • Better sound isolation because the cups fit with a better seal.
  • Fits comfortably despite the better grip on your head.
  • Support strap that goes over the top of your head won't bust in 2 days like the POS faux-leather plastic hiding cheap elastics on the SS Siberia V2.
  • Microphone is flexible but feels sturdier, can be detached outright, and has a foam screen on it.
  • Cables have braiding around them to protect them from crimping and general wear and tear.

Xizk

LIQUID VS NETCODE ENDING

MY GOD THAT WAS INSANE

5v5 battle with bomb planted everyone firing at each other with one guy going for the defuse right in front of the Ts.

Was so close to winning my underdog bet. Adren always whines about Overpass so I knew his team would be bad on it. My butt was squeaky on c9 vs elevate. I was expecting c9 to be strong on it but Shazam didn't show up today. Luckily N0thing and Shroud showed up.

cresto

Kingston HyperX Cloud headset is miles better than my old SteelSeries Sibera V2.

• Way better build quality and materials, for far less money.
  • Better sound isolation because the cups fit with a better seal.
  • Fits comfortably despite the better grip on your head.
  • Support strap that goes over the top of your head won't bust in 2 days like the POS faux-leather plastic hiding cheap elastics on the SS Siberia V2.
  • Microphone is flexible but feels sturdier, can be detached outright, and has a foam screen on it.
  • Cables have braiding around them to protect them from crimping and general wear and tear.
I like them too. The accessories are subpar and i cant use the volume control. No sound through it.

d2, nuke, cache (albeit new), and mirage are all fine and pretty close to 1.6...I just never understood the changes they made to make inferno such a fucking mess.

There is a lot more unnecessary boxes on Dust 2. It's no wonder people say the maps are CT sided when each bomb site has so many spots for the terrorist to check. Dust 2 is totally different.

CoolS

This is what I'm expecting. Same old 250k and no CSGO International.

and Valve fanboys will still defend them somehow.

To be fair, a lot of pros went in record and saud the prefer multiple events with "smaller" price pools instead of ab big international style event, where everything is on the line. And at least Valve hosted the bootcamp for the teams a week before DH Winter...

That said, there is no reason not to up the price money to 300k or even 350k for majors

Odah

Banned
I was right with my Deponeret prediction wohoo \o/

Safest bet of today: Titan > Flipsid3 (Dust2)

Current Odds: 79 - 21

My Odds: 80 - 20

Reason: Even when Titan was in their slump last year they always brought decent scores and wins on Dust2, why? because they were known as the kings of Dust2. Everyone feared playing against Titan on Dust2 with a good reason. They were incredibly good on it. I would call Dust2 as their best map whereas F3 haven't shown any good matches on it. Titan's last match (w/ KQLY) they STOMPED NiP 16-1. Flipside on the other hand lost 16-6 against Penta, 16-9 against mouz, 16-5 against Planetkey and so on, they're really bad on Dust2 as it seems and now they gonna have to face the - in my opinion - best Team on this map.

However we all know how TItan crumbles since the loss of Kookly, we don't know much about rpk yet but he showed pretty decent rifle aim and positioning in their first game with Titan's new lineup and if he comes back to his old form they gonna have a great new replacement for KQLYfornia.
Because of Titan's new-lineup changes and late inconsistency (losing against mouz and ESC) I can see them become a little shaky but there is NO WAY that they will lose this Bo1 against F3 on Dust2. Any other map, maybe... but on Dust2 I can't see an upset happening, especially when kennyS shutsdown long all on his own and with his cracy short pushes.

Risk: low-medium

To be fair, a lot of pros went in record and saud the prefer multiple events with "smaller" price pools instead of ab big international style event, where everything is on the line. And at least Valve hosted the bootcamp for the teams a week before DH Winter...

This. But even if the scene suddenly wanted a TI I doubt Valve would make it. One TI is already taxing enough for them, hell, they said that one SDD was taxing. If they outsourced these instead of mostly doing it in-house then there could be a chance.

And when would they host it? July and August are for TI, and Gamescom. In Spring they have their Hawaii vacation, but there's also Katowice. And then DHW. Maybe somewhere mid-Fall (seems to close to DHW already) or late Spring/early Summer. But then just expand the majors by one.

March: Katowice
4 month break
August: Cologne
~3 month break
Nov/Dec: DH
That said, there is no reason not to up the price money to 300k or even 350k for majors

Yeah. Could be 4 majors with increased prize pool.

CoolS

I was right with my Deponeret prediction wohoo \o/

Safest bet of today: Titan > Flipsid3 (Dust2)

Current Odds: 79 - 21

My Odds: 80 - 20

Reason: Even when Titan was in their slump last year they always brought decent scores and wins on Dust2, why? because they were known as the kings of Dust2. Everyone feared playing against Titan on Dust2 with a good reason. They were incredibly good on it. I would call Dust2 as their best map whereas F3 haven't shown any good matches on it. Titan's last match (w/ KQLY) they STOMPED NiP 16-1. Flipside on the other hand lost 16-6 against Penta, 16-9 against mouz, 16-5 against Planetkey and so on, they're really bad on Dust2 as it seems and now they gonna have to face the - in my opinion - best Team on this map.

However we all know how TItan crumbles since the loss of Kookly, we don't know much about rpk yet but he showed pretty decent rifle aim and positioning in their first game with Titan's new lineup and if he comes back to his old form they gonna have a great new replacement for KQLYfornia.
Because of Titan's new-lineup changes and late inconsistency (losing against mouz and ESC) I can see them become a little shaky but there is NO WAY that they will lose this Bo1 against F3 on Dust2. Any other map, maybe... but on Dust2 I can't see an upset happening, especially when kennyS shutsdown long all on his own and with his cracy short pushes.

Risk: low-medium

Thanks, betting on F3

In all seriousness, BO1s, especially online never are 80-20. If schneider and pauf suddenly have a great day they could easily beat Titan. Just saying.

This. But even if the scene suddenly wanted a TI I doubt Valve would make it. One TI is already taxing enough for them, hell, they said that one SDD was taxing. If they outsourced these instead of mostly doing it in-house then there could be a chance.

And when would they host it? July and August are for TI, and Gamescom. In Spring they have their Hawaii vacation, but there's also Katowice. And then DHW. Maybe somewhere mid-Fall (seems to close to DHW already) or late Spring/early Summer. But then just expand the majors by one.

March: Katowice
4 month break
August: Cologne
~3 month break
Nov/Dec: DH

Yeah. Could be 4 majors with increased prize pool.

4 Majors with an increased price pool would probably be best. Then again, faceit with all their LAN finals alone will put a lot more stress on the teams. If there are just too many tournaments, some teams might decide to skip some if it helps them to concentrate on the majors.

Odah

Banned
Odah I'm trusting you.

rip

Hey, it's just my opinion so don't take anything for granted :p But I do try to value the facts and fact is that Titan is good..very good on Dust2 and Flipside are not.

Titan Dust2 matches (35 Won / 0 Ties / 10 Losses)
F3 Dust 2 matches (1 Won / 0 Ties / 7 Losses)

cHinzo

rip

Hey, it's just my opinion so don't take anything for granted :p But I do try to value the facts and fact is that Titan is good..very good on Dust2 and Flipside are not.

Titan Dust2 matches (35 Won / 0 Ties / 10 Losses)
F3 Dust 2 matches (1 Won / 0 Ties / 7 Losses)

Yeah F3 even loses to scrub teams as every German team in that country on Dust2. Easy bet!

The real money maker of the day though... HR or Penta. :"D

Odah

Banned
Yeah F3 even loses to scrub teams as every German team in that country on Dust2. Easy bet!

The real money maker of the day though... HR or Penta. :"D

I'd go with Penta but skill wise HR is better but the line up changes might harm their teamplay.

On the other hand, Penta showed poooooooor teamplay and decision making against CW yesterday so I'd skip.

50-50 imo

CoolS

should be safe for VP, HR doesn't have a lot of mad fragging ability right now. flamie is their best 'rated' player that should tell you something.

how many ranked wins you guys at?

iFOODeoleuaNl.png

I'm at 168 or something. Still Gold Nova Master, I'll probably peak at that rank since I can't seem to string together more than 1 or 2 wins.

My Silverness knows no bounds :D

G5dcaw6.jpg
What. I just yesterday looked at you inventory. Sick stuff man :D

Top Bottom