• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

impact

Banned
I feel like I missed out on my CSGO childhood never being silver or nova ranks :(

>200 wins :s

Silver Master => Nova 2, we have won 7 in a row i think.

win streaks is how you rank up, and also the last match or so probably had some higher ranked dudes than normally so the wins counted that much more to your rank. that's some sick stuff though I didn't think it could be that quick.

CoolS

It's really funny to look through threads about CS:GO before it was announces or when skins where introduced.

I especially like these:

The rumour thread before the announcement (what, no 12vs12?)
The official announcement
Arms Deal update = f2p incoming? And skins are an unfair advantage because of visibilty?
Valve wants to unite the playerbase aka it's nice to want things.

Really amazing how Valve managed CS:GO and made it as big as it is today, especially when you read peoples reactions from a few years ago.

garath

It's really funny to look through threads about CS:GO before it was announces or when skins where introduced.

I especially like these:

The rumour thread before the announcement (what, no 12vs12?)
The official announcement
Arms Deal update = f2p incoming? And skins are an unfair advantage because of visibilty?
Valve wants to unite the playerbase aka it's nice to want things.

Really amazing how Valve managed CS:GO and made it as big as it is today, especially when you read peoples reactions from a few years ago.

Yeah. CS:GO was not well received initially. I started playing immediately but it was a very small community. 1.6 guys kept playing 1.6 and source guys kept playing source. I stopped playing shortly before the arms deal (dammit).

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
This. But even if the scene suddenly wanted a TI I doubt Valve would make it. One TI is already taxing enough for them, hell, they said that one SDD was taxing. If they outsourced these instead of mostly doing it in-house then there could be a chance.

And when would they host it? July and August are for TI, and Gamescom. In Spring they have their Hawaii vacation, but there's also Katowice. And then DHW. Maybe somewhere mid-Fall (seems to close to DHW already) or late Spring/early Summer. But then just expand the majors by one.

March: Katowice
4 month break
August: Cologne
~3 month break
Nov/Dec: DH

Yeah. Could be 4 majors with increased prize pool.

Yeah 4 majors with increased prize pool is probably the most likely scenario but I think it would be pretty cool if they changed the concept of TI from being a Dota only tournament to some kind of official Valve e-sports tournament.

So you'd have a CS and Dota tournament taking place at the same time or at least during the span of 2 weeks or something like that in Seattle or outsourcing it somewhere else, I don't know. Maybe even throw in a TF2 tournament.

But those comments from the players about them preferring multiple smaller tournaments over one big tournament was at a time when those 2 things were excluding each other (don't know if it's the right english word) and the option was only one of them and CSGO had something like 50k concurrent players at best.
Now theoretically Valve could easily afford to do both and support let's say 3 smaller majors and a big TI like tournament every year.

CoolS

Na man, I'm pretty sure these comments were also made during ESL Cologne last year when we where already at 300k player or something. Can't source this stuff at work.

Anyway, I doubt a lot will change, I just hope that they'll make and announcement soon about Katowice.

Odah

Banned
Also there is a new option under privacy settings (which is pretty annoying cus it was auto-enabled for me) that only lets you trade when you send a e-mail confirmation.

d40f5f3c91.jpg

cHinzo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

s406.png

P90 Asiimov FT -- MB-6E7D7ED947AC2330 - Taken by Haribi. 31 entrants total.

t1421937880z1.png

Good luck boys.

garath

I have tons of 4 cent to $1 skins that I'd love to bet but csgolounge just isn't cooperating. I may have to cave and get a dedicated bot or something.

Xizk

Alright I went all in on HR today. 4¢ on HR v VP and 4¢ on HR v Penta if I win either I'll be good.

HR might win against Penta but VP ehh. New HR seems worse on paper plus they only recently changed rosters so they will be really scrimmy versus a strong VP.

Rivitur

Banned
HR might win against Penta but VP ehh. New HR seems worse on paper plus they only recently changed rosters so they will be really scrimmy versus a strong VP.
Here's hoping flamie has a good game and VP and HR are on equal terms with the awp so its rifles vs rifles or Kucher vs Pasha.

cHinzo

Nice giveaway ChinZo!!!!

Thanks for the P90 in advance :)

#Rigged. :p

Gonna repost for the new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

s406.png

P90 Asiimov FT -- MB-6E7D7ED947AC2330 - Taken by Haribi. 31 entrants total.

t1421937880z1.png

Yeah 4 majors with increased prize pool is probably the most likely scenario but I think it would be pretty cool if they changed the concept of TI from being a Dota only tournament to some kind of official Valve e-sports tournament.

So you'd have a CS and Dota tournament taking place at the same time or at least during the span of 2 weeks or something like that in Seattle or outsourcing it somewhere else, I don't know. Maybe even throw in a TF2 tournament.

But those comments from the players about them preferring multiple smaller tournaments over one big tournament was at a time when those 2 things were excluding each other (don't know if it's the right english word) and the option was only one of them and CSGO had something like 50k concurrent players at best.
Now theoretically Valve could easily afford to do both and support let's say 3 smaller majors and a big TI like tournament every year.

I don't think Dota fans would be particularly happy about that. It's their event.

But I've been in favor of a ValveCon/SteamCon for a while now. So if they make that while also keeping TI, sure.

Not gonna happen though :/

Na man, I'm pretty sure these comments were also made during ESL Cologne last year when we where already at 300k player or something. Can't source this stuff at work.

Anyway, I doubt a lot will change, I just hope that they'll make and announcement soon about Katowice.

I remember reading them the first time after Katowice happened.

Xizk

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 4m4 minutes ago
Xgames Update: Clutch Cats have withdrawn from the competition. @mlg is working on a replacement team for the competition. Stay tuned.

Wow ex-IBP not going. Wonder if they lost the EG sponsorship? They should invite Torqued as they got to the finals of the qualifiers twice if I'm not mistaken.

cHinzo

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 4m4 minutes ago
Xgames Update: Clutch Cats have withdrawn from the competition. @mlg is working on a replacement team for the competition. Stay tuned.

Wow ex-IBP not going. Wonder if they lost the EG sponsorship? They should invite Torqued as they got to the finals of the qualifiers twice if I'm not mistaken.
No. No they shouldn't. Might as well invite Dismay or Paradox then. :"D

ChrisW

Thing now about managing to rank up to nova1 is that I don't want to solo-queue anymore incase I lose it without my team.

Xizk

Richard Lewis said it will be Team Liquid which I think is a mistake. They didn't get to the finals at all in the qualifiers which Torqued did. But I guess the name gets them the spot. They also haven't won against any of the top teams since the new roster if I'm not mistaken.

K.Sabot

That shitskin value.

$2 turns into $17 hopefully!

Worrying thing I see though, nobody on HR is picking up AKs when they have the chance.

Rivitur

Banned
there is no reason hr shouldve had 11%
fuck me for not icb'ing on these guys
Well I did say bet low on HR. The new HR is basically exaclty like VP. All Riflers with Awp by committee. Honestly when I saw the odds I bet immediately on HR. (4¢ is all I had) The problem now is the HR penta game is now going to fuck me because the odds are sure to shoot up in the next 30min.

udiie

A mix versus the third best team in the world. But then VP picked d2 which is their worst map by far and well.

well yeah they may be a mix but many of these players have held their own against some of the best in the world. i mean, odds should maybe look closer to 20-25% for HR
plus if vp starts to play poorly they generally begin to slump for the rest of the match

Well I did say bet low on HR.
oh believe me i wouldve bet, just slipped my mind this morning

cHinzo

Well I did say bet low on HR. The new HR is basically exaclty like VP. All Riflers with Awp by committee. Honestly when I saw the odds I bet immediately on HR. (4¢ is all I had) The problem now is the HR penta game is now going to fuck me because the odds are sure to shoot up in the next 30min.

Wut. Pasha is the dedicated AWP'er for VP (although Neo can also AWP pretty good) and Kucher is for HR now.

Edit: Bot Byali going 2-21. :"D

garath

Damn. I've missed out on so many good underdog bets because of bot queue being full :( I would have bet HR today for sure. :/

Rivitur

Banned
Wut. Pasha is the dedicated AWP'er for VP (although Neo can also AWP pretty good) and Kucher is for HR now.

Edit: Bot Byali going 2-21. :"D
He's is the dedicated awper but its more like the old NIP where who ever is feeling it will pick up the awp. More recently you will see Snax pick up the awp if he feels comfortable or even neo pick it up. Pasha will pick up the awp only if the team needs middle control and the other team doesn't have a KennyS. If VP know that they don't have a chance at middle they will all go rifles and look for picks at bombsites.

Rivitur

Banned
Does anyone want to update me on the score of the Titan/FS game on occasion? I'm unable to watch the stream
I got you buddy ole pal (unless I somehow fall asleep) I love dabo0 streams (aka game agent)

Udiie you can watch it on twitch if you can't watch on Hitbox. Gameplantv is streaming it on twitch.
Game currently paused Titan 1-0

Top Bottom