• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

rugioh

Banned
I didn't bet on them but I hope Gambit remakes legends, they're starting to win me over. North/Fnatic is a shit draw cause I picked both for playoffs and whoever loses that is most likely not gonna make it (if North starts 0-2 they may be able to run the table but I highly doubt fnatic does)

Applebite

it's a 1v5 at the pro level.

unless everyone was afk somehow, how is that not impressive?
Because Envy played it terribly. First kill was a regular tradefrag onto Happy, pretty normal stuff. It's a 1v4 now and Envy can easily win if they just hold back or push together. They then choose to send in 2 players one by one as JDM has a very favorable position in terms of cover, where he hits two shots in a row. They're solid shots, but it's not at all unlikely when you give him the amount of time they gave him. Really terrible CS by Envy there. JDM then chooses to go very aggressively into mid, hits one lucky shot on a player holding an off angle through the box (very lucky the player was damaged) and then gets a nice shot onto Kenny who had positioned himself extremely poorly. Honestly, the only thing JDM did was hit the shots that people at that level should be hitting, and the only really impressive one was the last one on Kenny mid air. JDM is a great AWPer but that clip did not impress me as much as it highlighted why the upcoming french shuffle is happening.

Applebite

JDM's shots were impressive. Really quick shots and he didn't miss a single bullet. It's just NV's positioning that was terrible.
The only shot I thought was impressive was the last one, took more composure and accuracy. The other ones were pretty rudimentary. Something like that Guardian ace on overpass from a few tournaments back is a lot more impressive in terms of AWP play imo.
Every 1v5 will have the other team playing badly.
Not that there's not a shred of truth to this, but he didn't really outplay anyone. You'll find a lot of 1v5 or 1v4 situations where there's more tactics and mindgames at play, and picking people off one by one in duels where you're in a favorable position with an AWP is pretty normal.

Again, JDM is a great AWPer. Just don't really think it was super impressive as much as it was a "Yup, Envy is still not that great" moment.

cHinzo

67d093b94a.jpg

Cobble case spotted on my smurf. :D

baby

The only shot I thought was impressive was the last one, took more composure and accuracy. The other ones were pretty rudimentary. Something like that Guardian ace on overpass from a few tournaments back is a lot more impressive in terms of AWP play imo.

Not that there's not a shred of truth to this, but he didn't really outplay anyone. You'll find a lot of 1v5 or 1v4 situations where there's more tactics and mindgames at play, and picking people off one by one in duels where you're in a favorable position with an AWP is pretty normal.

Again, JDM is a great AWPer. Just don't really think it was super impressive as much as it was a "Yup, Envy is still not that great" moment.

it was a 1v5 at match point that took about 10 seconds at one of the biggest tournaments of the year and its not like they all rushed him one by one and every shot was at least semi impressive.

honestly the only reason i can think of that you look at that and think nah thats not impressive is because you want to jerk yourself off about how much better you are than everyone else who thought it was awesome

on a side note it sucks that that it starts so early im still on break so i dont get up til noon and by then ive missed most of it

cHinzo

youre just saying that because it would make astralis getting demolished look less bad

Nah I, for one, actually like to watch JW and Flusha play. At least more than current Fnatic.

I like to watch Astralis, Na'Vi, Optic, Godsent and G2 games. Exciting CS all around. :>

Applebite

it was a 1v5 at match point that took about 10 seconds at one of the biggest tournaments of the year and its not like they all rushed him one by one and every shot was at least semi impressive.

honestly the only reason i can think of that you look at that and think nah thats not impressive is because you want to jerk yourself off about how much better you are than everyone else who thought it was awesome
It was good playing. He didn't make any mistakes and I liked the ballsy play of going aggressive in mid. I never said it was a bad highlight or anything, but it got like 20k upvotes on reddit or something ridiculous like that and made it to the frontpage of the site, and it's one of the most popular CS highlights in a long time. I'm not being contrarian, if I was I'd say it's a terrible highlight and that NA players are all shit and are desperate for good NA pro plays or some cynical thing like that. I just don't think a clip of a guy killing 4 bumbling players making mistakes and taking bad positions is worthy of that kind of hype.

baby

It was good playing. He didn't make any mistakes and I liked the ballsy play of going aggressive in mid. I never said it was a bad highlight or anything, but it got like 20k upvotes on reddit or something ridiculous like that and made it to the frontpage of the site, and it's one of the most popular CS highlights in a long time. I'm not being contrarian, if I was I'd say it's a terrible highlight and that NA players are all shit and are desperate for good NA pro plays or some cynical thing like that. I just don't think a clip of a guy killing 4 bumbling players making mistakes and taking bad positions is worthy of that kind of hype.

the positioning of the last 2 players at least was fine. had he not had that flash and had peeked them before he wouldve run into both of them at the same time and died. thats why the flash was brilliant

and its not the quality of the play alone, its the timing and the follow up in the next 5 rounds. i dont get whats hard to understand about that. it was so dismal before that that people were actually tuning out of the game because they thought it was over

Applebite

the positioning of the last 2 players at least was fine. had he not had that flash and had peeked them before he wouldve run into both of them at the same time and died. thats why the flash was brilliant

and its not the quality of the play alone, its the timing and the follow up in the next 5 rounds. i dont get whats hard to understand about that. it was so dismal before that that people were actually tuning out of the game because they thought it was over

I guess maybe the timing of it was it, then. I didn't watch the game live and knew Liquid ended up losing in overtime anyway so it didn't really have much of an impact on me. I don't know if I'd call flashing players based on info brilliant, but like I said, I liked the aggressive play anyway. It just diminishes the play to me that he was allowed to do all that based on 2 of Envys players making huge mistakes and that wonky positioning in mid by Apex(?) and Kenny.

Upon rewatching it I'll concede that it was actually better than I had remembered, but he still got pretty fucking lucky with two players practically offering themselves up to him and getting a wallbang on a damaged player. Like I said, I didn't say it was a bad play at all but I think the attention it got is pretty ridiculous and probably inflated by the fact that it's an NA team.
Been some good games today.

Astralis v Optic now as well, fuck this Resident Evil 7 preload. BITCH U CAN WAIT
That SK comeback was pretty nuts. Aizy making so many mistakes hurt my soul though.

baby

wasnt based on info, he hadnt seen what they were holding and they werent holding it when his teammates died, so he threw the flash on the assumption that there was at least 1 mid, and the flash was perfect for exactly the angle they held. whether it was all luck or a great prediction i suppose well never know but it was amazing anyway

Applebite

wasnt based on info, he hadnt seen what they were holding and they werent holding it when his teammates died, so he threw the flash on the assumption that there was at least 1 mid, and the flash was perfect for exactly the angle they held. whether it was all luck or a great prediction i suppose well never know but it was amazing anyway

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call it a good decision based on gamesense but I still don't think it makes it an amazing play. But whatever, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because I think he's a great player in any case, so I think we can agree on as much as that instead of arguing the semantics of what makes the difference between a "great" and "amazing" highlight. It probably would've mattered more to me if I cared about Liquid and followed the game as it happened.

Glasshole

Banned
67d093b94a.jpg

Cobble case spotted on my smurf. :D

Watched every single game of every major, first on GOTV, later on Twitch with a connected Steam Acc.

I have never gotten a drop to this day. I'm not even salty, it's just mathematically fascinating. In the same time, my friend got 5.

baby

Watched every single game of every major, first on GOTV, later on Twitch with a connected Steam Acc.

I have never gotten a drop to this day. I'm not even salty, it's just mathematically fascinating. In the same time, my friend got 5.

some people are just luckier dude. im almost in the same boat, i watched everything until the last 2 majors, which ive just been watching parts of and ive only ever gotten drops from the last 2 i didnt watch much of

cHinzo

Only my third drop in 9 majors though. 😔

Ffs Astralis drew G2. Gonna be hard as fck. Hoping Navi can beat SK and Gambit beating VP, so we're getting a VP vs SK game in groups. :'D

I really hope Optic gets a better draw for the rest of the groups and sneak out. F3 is a good start. Also hope somehow one of nV or Mouz make it 🙏🙏

Applebite

I really hope Optic gets a better draw for the rest of the groups and sneak out. F3 is a good start. Also hope somehow one of nV or Mouz make it 🙏🙏
Envy have a pretty decent chance. It looks like Train is the only map Godsent can make work at this point. Honestly the pre-shuffle lineup seemingly had much better chemistry, going off their Dreamhack Malmö performance anyway.

Dalibor68

Banned
At MLG I got 3 souvenirs only watching from quarterfinals onwards (overpass, nuke, cache), on ESL Cologne same situation but only 1 souvenir(cobblestone), now this time i'm watching since the first group match but nothing

also on 2 accounts

Top Bottom