• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CounterSpy |OT| Spies like us

codhand

Developer Dynamighty brings us a 2D stealth-action game, with a heavy dose of Saul Bass, and Lalo Schifrin.

cSuDVXc.png

xxkZmHh.png

1378995526_Counterspy-Announcement-Screenshots-02-e1406165454563.jpg

YU7iQLq.png

Announcement Trailer

Launch Trailer

Gameplay

E3 2014 sit-down interview / gameplay demo with commentary

Reviews
Ux7bcdh.png

Screenshots

thumbnail_2_1476f5fb_v2.jpg

Preview

Interview on the game's varied influences.

Release: 8/19. 1pm-ish? EST
Platforms: PSN (Cross-buy), [Droid, iOS coming soon]

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
had to pre-order it on PSN as soon as I saw that E3 demo. Looks absolutely terrific!

dugdug

Banned
Man, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the pre-order. Looks great!

Lack of a Plat is a bit of a bummer, though.

Oh man, don't fail on me Counterspy! The last time I pre-ordered a game I ended up being so disappointed :(

Also, no title for the OT? There's like a trillion references we could use.

Counterspy |OT| Spies like us

dugdug

Banned
Wheres the trophy list?

Don't think there's a trophy list out yet, but, they've said in PS Blog comments that they went for multiple golds rather than a platinum to allow for more varied challenges. I like that way of thinking, at least.

eshwaaz

Preordered to get the discount. Stage demos at E3 made the game look fun, but I'm concerned that only one environment has been shown. I get the feeling I've already seen pretty much all the game has to offer - really hope I'm wrong, as I love the look.

Great looking game, but I'm gonna wait. Too many games right now coming down the pipe and I've already been burned by Fez and Strider being PS+ releases right after I got them.

I'll probably buy it when I have a gap of games.

I hope this has a demo. I've spent so much money on Vita games recently (Rogue Legacy, Table Top Racers, Hohokum, The Swapper) and although I want this game I'd like to try it first.

rawd

Great looking game, but I'm gonna wait. Too many games right now coming down the pipe and I've already been burned by Fez and Strider being PS+ releases right after I got them.

I'll probably buy it when I have a gap of games.

I've shifted my gaming queue to all of the smaller PS Plus games I've been collecting and neglecting.. Finished Thomas was Alone yesterday... probably starting Closure tonight

kevin1025

Banned
Been looking forward to this game since it was first announced. Tomorrow is going to be great. This and Diablo III on PS4, so, so good. (Also, Hotline Miami, time for another replay!)

Dunlop

Kind of where I am, looks great but will probably be "free" in the next few months

I would have been on the fence about this one but the preorder deals for the 4 games were enough to sway me

Gameplay videos look really good can't wait to play it tomorrow.

delSai

Tried it at Gamescom while waiting for Bloodborne to be playable and i liked what i played. It wasn't much because the Dude who played The Order was done shortly after i started Counterspy. But i dunno if i'll buy it, i suck at Stealth ~_~

M.Steiner

Is this not available for pre-order in the UK? Just had a look through the store but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Will be buying either way. Game looks great.

FDC1

Don't think there's a trophy list out yet, but, they've said in PS Blog comments that they went for multiple golds rather than a platinum to allow for more varied challenges. I like that way of thinking, at least.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. If there is no platinum, that means the game has only 315pts at best, so a maximum of 4 gold trophies. If it had a platinum trophy, it could have a maximum of 12 gold trophies.

acevans2

I'm really tempted to preorder this tonight. I already got Rogue Legacy and Hohokum, so I would get an additional $3 back for the PSN Play promotion... but my backlog is already so big...

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. If there is no platinum, that means the game has only 315pts at best, so a maximum of 4 gold trophies. If it had a platinum trophy, it could have a maximum of 12 gold trophies.
Yeah I was thinking that didn't seem right.

Hope the Vita version of this game is solid. I have a long flight this weekend and am planning to play this while I'm on it.

Neff

I dunno why but this gives me a mild Rolling Thunder vibe.

And it looks fun. I think I'll get it.

lt519

Looks cool, still have no clue what it is but will be playing this week! All the other PLAY games have been fantastic so I'm taking a leap of faith on this one.

Edit: This would be a dream game if it was voiced by H. Jon Benjamin and scripted by the people that do Archer...basically I want Archer the game

Ricky_R

Something about it looks very similar to Strider. Aside from the fact that it's a side-scroller of course. Something about the environments's art style and how it changes from one side to the other.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I dunno why but this gives me a mild Rolling Thunder vibe.

And it looks fun. I think I'll get it.

Yeah, same. Think it's the odd gangly characters and angular stances.

This is in the money back offer on US PSN right?

Top Bottom