• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Banned
Meier said:
Shame you all couldn't cake walk to the GAF League Championship of Season 3!

Huh? How do you figure? We've got the best record, the highest rating, and the highest rank out of all the GAF teams! Or did the standards for GAF champs somehow change? :eek:

Meier

Enron said:
Huh? How do you figure? We've got the best record, the highest rating, and the highest rank out of all the GAF teams! Or did the standards for GAF champs somehow change? :eek:
2.0 beat NeoGAF, the Barons and ACEN. 2.0 = CHAMPIONS.

DCX

DCX
2.0 is also in College A. The way it goes is the way they will weigh in with the playoff seeding.

Division should factor in as a point value, quality wins, vs non quality wins, GAF league records, rank and ratings. Throw them into a formula and the champions of CR Season 3 shall be decided.

It would only be fair, but in the end, 2.0 swept GAF teams and played quality opponents since the word go! Our record doesn't show how tough of a season we've had.

DCX

Really season 2 should have been the Barons championship. The barons played one less game and were only one game behind Acen... plus the Barons sweeped.

Acen looks to me to be the season 3 champ, even without the sweep. They would dominate 2.0 at this current point in the season.

DCX

DCX
DY_nasty said:
Can't we clear challenges and get one more game against ACEN in?
They have to challenge us, and i doubt by the end of the season we would have time to get it in. I took like 2 weeks or so to play barons and they challenged us early on.

DCX

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Barons had an extensive backlog regarding challenges before we challenged you. Still, you can now cancel challenges I believe...

Enron

Banned
DCX said:
They have to challenge us, and i doubt by the end of the season we would have time to get it in. I took like 2 weeks or so to play barons and they challenged us early on.

DCX

No. I tried to challenge you guys already. It won't let me. YOU have to challenge US.

and LOL at the suggestion for the GAF championship. It should only have to do with, you know, winning...overall record, record against quality opponents, rank. Total training points just favors whoever was able to "acquire" *ahem* the best players from other teams (ditto for division). We've had to fill an empty slot three times this season, and one of our players (earl the pearl's owner) hasn't been heard from in weeks so his TP has remained the same, yet we still win. Shame on 2.0 for trying to steal a GAF championship!

woodchuck

in college football, don't they denote the conference champion (if there isnt a championship game) by conference record and not total record?

DCX

DCX
Enron said:
No. I tried to challenge you guys already. It won't let me. YOU have to challenge US.

and LOL at the suggestion for the GAF championship. It should only have to do with, you know, winning...overall record, record against quality opponents, rank. Total training points just favors whoever was able to "acquire" *ahem* the best players from other teams (ditto for division). We've had to fill an empty slot three times this season, and one of our players (earl the pearl's owner) hasn't been heard from in weeks so his TP has remained the same, yet we still win. Shame on 2.0 for trying to steal a GAF championship!
You think i haven't tried to challenge you?!?! It wont let me either. Say what you want, we beat all the GAF teams including the almighty ACEN. So if you want to crown yourself, then crown em! It aint my fault all you did for the better half of the season is feast on playground.

DCX

woodchuck

that's what we should have done.

play playground teams until we can build up our stats and develop chemistries. then play real teams

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
that's what we should have done.

play playground teams until we can build up our stats and develop chemistries. then play real teams
2.0 is bigger than GAF dude, that's my whole stance on Season 3. My goal for this team was to play harder comp and give us a chance to make the playoffs. We're in good position to do that and on top of that, we swept the GAF teams. Tonight we play a playground, how and why i don't know. They must have been a College or Pro team and disbanded.

Either way, 2.0 is going to be a Pro team next season for sure, ACEN can rule the College ranks and Barons...well...maybe we can Start a Team NeoGAF 3.0 and be our farm team :D

DCX

Enron

Banned
DCX said:
You think i haven't tried to challenge you?!?! It wont let me either. Say what you want, we beat all the GAF teams including the almighty ACEN. So if you want to crown yourself, then crown em! It aint my fault all you did for the better half of the season is feast on playground.

DCX

you could have beaten all the GAF teams and lost every other game and still be "Champs" according to your definition!

I think the only fair way to decide is record vs. quality teams and rank. Or just rank...since the courtrivals rank theoretically would take that into account anyways.....

lol @ 2.0's opponent tonight.....21 game losing streak!

woodchuck

Enron said:
you could have beaten all the GAF teams and lost every other game and still be "Champs" according to your definition!

I think the only fair way to decide is record vs. quality teams and rank. Or just rank...since the courtrivals rank theoretically would take that into account anyways.....

not necessarily. you get more points for beating a one-man team than losing to a college team. it doesn't take into account strength of schedule.

DCX

DCX
Enron said:

lol @ 2.0's opponent tonight.....21 game losing streak!
reggienotmyfualt.gif When i challenged them, they were good and now they got Baroned.

DCX

stats up to date.
2yotspj.jpg

Enron

Banned
DCX said:
reggienotmyfualt.gif When i challenged them, they were good and now they got Baroned.

DCX

Yeah, you can tell by the teams they are playing....a bunch of college teams, its obvious they once were mighty. lol Baron'd

Enron

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
Lets think about GAF championship in terms of college ball. OOC games don't count towards the regular season division championsip.

Another 2.0 shill appears, fearful of an Acen repeat!

That works if you play the majority of your games in conference (ala college football). however, here it does not.

Major League Baseball division champs are the team with the best record, not the best division record. Same with the NBA.

If we arent going to do it by quality record, we should just do it by rating/rank. It's still a toss up at this point.

Well, I mean between 2.0 and Acen.

lol Barons

EDIT:

Holy crap, Acen is beating the #59 team in courtrivals by 40 points late in the 3rd!

DCX

DCX
Check CR forums...ACEN and 2.0 did not make the playoffs, yet teams we both layed beat downs to did! Blasphemy!

DCX

I don't see ACEN beating 2.0 head to head. But I didn't see ACEN beating any of these teams either. I have no idea how we're doing it. We have way fewer points and way fewer chems, yet we're staying competitive with great teams and smoking a few teams that should be way out of our league (some of them literally are out of our league).

Enron

Banned
heh. If we dont make it, that's alright. Id hate to think we got in because we TALKED our way in, anyways.

I didnt realize that some of the playoff slots were staff picks. I thought that it was the top 64 by rank at the end of the season.

i wish courtrivals would explain why mason can't shoot worth shit...oh it's because dunking is the most useless attribute. thanks kazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Enron

Banned
pheeniks said:
i wish courtrivals would explain why mason can't shoot worth shit...oh it's because dunking is the most useless attribute. thanks kazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the big dunker on our team, Kemp, scores in double digits every night and frequently tops 20 .

Enron said:
the big dunker on our team, Kemp, scores in double digits every night and frequently tops 20 .

Shawn Kemp has 603 TC. Mason has 724 as well as a level 2 chem. This sim is pure bullshit.

But I'll keep playing anyways!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
pheeniks said:
Shawn Kemp has 603 TC. Mason has 724 as well as a level 2 chem. This sim is pure bullshit.

But I'll keep playing anyways!

You need to put your points in the right places baby!

What was Kemp's line tonight?

alright bitches, we're gonna have season 3 voting for MVP, DPoY and All-Around.
i'll post candidates tomorrow. voting after the last game, and winners after CR championship.
'ACE can you put a poll up just for MVP?:D
i'll give you candidates tomorrow.

Adam Blade said:
How can you leave Bol off the blocks list? :/
oops, my bad.

Top Bottom