• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Meier

Jamesfrom818 said:
Clutch performance by The Machine tonight.

Code:
Date         	FGM-A  	        3PM-A  	FTM-A  	REB  	AST  	ST  	BK  	TO  	PTS
8/27/2008 	12 - 18 	0 - 0 	1 - 1 	1 	0 	5 	0 	1 	25

11 points in the final 6 minutes to secure the W.
Yep, it was nice to watch. Noel was 7-8 from the field before the subs came in in the 3rd and then went scoreless to close out the game. Machine really took up the reins and ran with it.

Reggie is averaging 16.4 RPG a game now. DPOTY confirmed.

Enron

Banned
viakado said:
2.0 related? fuck you man! fuck you!
i've been busy working massive overtime of late. i'll try to make some time this weekend with the 3-day holiday.

don't do it! After the way the Barons have been treated? DONT BE A DOORMAT!!!!!

56249353.jpg

Jerome James: "I would like to announce the first of.."
Jamal Crawford: "I know your team got done wrong, Jerome but why we here?"
James: "Shush! People have these announcements in big restaurants and I wanted to try that."
Williams: "... granted, but this is a fuggn' 5th grade elementary school!!"
James: "Shoot, they serving collards today!!"
White Guy: *forcing a smile *"pleasedontrapemepleasedontrapemePLEASTOGODdontrapeme..."

Meier

Tied the game up with 2:49 left and then went scoreless... typical 2.0 fashion. :p Gotta get that chem for Popeye and Felton!

Enron

Banned
Holy crap, ACEN beat the Golden State Lakers, they were ranked in the 60s! And 2.0 loses again. Acen back to being ranked higher than 2.0, all is well with the world.

Interim GM Jerome James said:
"At this time I would like to announce our two acquisitions to bolster our attack . . . SF Stephen Jackson and the player who will complete one of the deadliest PG rotations on Court Rivals today, Jose Calderon...

Stephen Jackson brings a well-rounded game with scoring punch, defensive ability and outside shooting to diversify out team and Jose Calderon brings over his vast experience with over 200 career assists, yet is a guy not afraid to take the big shots. We welcome them to the future..."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They brought JAXXX back!

You thought Mason put up garbage.... ooooooh man.:lol I like the point guard acquisition though. Monta, my protege, has finally realized his potential.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DY_nasty said:
They brought JAXXX back!

You thought Mason put up garbage.... ooooooh man.:lol I like the point guard acquisition though. Monta, my protege, has finally realized his potential.

not the same Jaxxx... not the true Jaxxx

DY_nasty

Thats why I shipped his ass out to begin with. Nobody at GAF even knew Gunnin' was possible til JAXXXX opened up for the Barons.

Blackace

DY_nasty said:
Thats why I shipped his ass out to begin with. Nobody at GAF even knew Gunnin' was possible til JAXXXX opened up for the Barons.

well the real Jaxx winning

Meier

Branduil said:
We really need updated stats. Since the last update Dirk has been averaging like 16 rebounds a game.
Dirk has played very well, I'm impressed. So has JJ for that matter... but neither is the Regginator. In his last 10 quality games, Reggie is averaging 20.3 boards and 2.6 blocks. :D

Great win against a Top 20 team in A. OKC Barons MIGHT make the playoffs... we need to almost win out.

Players of Game:
Jesus Shuttlesworth: 11-20 (7/13 3s), 29 pts.
Monta Ellis: 17 assts., 3 TOs (almost 6:1 ratio)

Meier

The Frankman said:
Great win against a Top 20 team in A. OKC Barons MIGHT make the playoffs... we need to almost win out.

Players of Game:
Jesus Shuttlesworth: 11-20 (7/13 3s), 29 pts.
Monta Ellis: 17 assts., 3 TOs (almost 6:1 ratio)
It's based entirely off team ranking/rating. ACEN and 2.0 have an outside chance if we win out against quality opponents, but it'll be just about impossible to move up 20+ spots in 5-6 days.

Meier said:
It's based entirely off team ranking/rating. ACEN and 2.0 have an outside chance if we win out against quality opponents, but it'll be just about impossible to move up 20+ spots in 5-6 days.
Which is why I'm challenging teams in College D and the Top Ten in Playground A.

Code:
[B]146[/B]  	 OKCityBarons  	22  	16  	0.579  	397
Hell we moved up like 28 spots in 2 games.

pilonv1

ACEN just beat a team 20 spots higher (66) by 36 points. Playoffs baby

Kemp continues his BEASTING since moving to the starting lineup - 27pts.

Blackace

pilonv1 said:
ACEN just beat a team 20 spots higher (66) by 36 points. Playoffs baby

Kemp continues his BEASTING since moving to the starting lineup - 27pts.

Kemp promised his kids that he would score a point for each of them... He came up short this game but soon he will get there!

Meier

Blackace said:
Kemp promised his kids that he would score a point for each of them... He came up short this game but soon he will get there!
:lol Yeah, ACEN is just tearing it up. Crazy stuff!

DCX

DCX
Enron said:
Acen is about to take down the 55th ranked team in Courtrivals! Pro team to boot.

Edit: Acen wins!
Great win for ACEN and they continue to roll. 2.0 had a good victory as we march on toward an outside chance of making the playoffs, we should all know in a few days.

DCX

DY_nasty

Anthony Mason, 3-16 :lol

JAXXX 13-19, 9-14 from deep, 35 points off the bench o_O

I've only got one thing to say about this game...

Code:
  [B][U]Date    FGM-A   3PM-A FTM-A  REB  AST  ST  BK  TO  	PTS[/U][/B]
9/1/2008 13 - 19 9 - 14 0 - 1   3    0   1   0   1      35

JJJJJAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX

OKC Thunderloons in 4th quarter - 17 pts.
JAXXXXXXX playing half the 4th - 17 pts.

:D

Enron

Banned
Meier said:
Season 4 is going to be all 2.0 baby! I expect big things -- just gotta make sure everyone keeps training.

This would be a nice change. ACEN is tired of cakewalking 2 seasons in a row now.

Meier

Enron said:
This would be a nice change. ACEN is tired of cakewalking 2 seasons in a row now.
Shame you all couldn't cake walk to the GAF League Championship of Season 3!
Malleymal said:
From commish to follower to di**rider..... damn how the (not so)mighty have fallen (to their knees)
You gotta admit, the guy is damn good.

Top Bottom