• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Maybe in America its normal to be fat and suffer from multiple chronic diseases idk. Thats too bad for you then I guess.
It is… well, being fat causes lots of chronic diseases, so it all kind of ties together. And being very fat is very common in the US. It’s almost a given for the majority of people that when you hit your 40s, you have at least 20-30 lbs of fat you should not have. Obviously if we were all relatively healthy, at least in terms of the things we can control, the number of people dying of covid would be significantly smaller.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Banned
It is… well, being fat causes lots of chronic diseases, so it all kind of ties together. And being very fat is very common in the US. It’s almost a given for the majority of people that when you hit your 40s, you have at least 20-30 lbs of fat you should not have. Obviously if we were all relatively healthy, at least in terms of the things we can control, the number of people dying of covid would be significantly smaller.
Yes that is the case. I don't live in the US and being fat is not the norm here. I might have literally 1 fat uncle and he got covid early last year. The guy is a doctor so he checked himself to the hospital and asked them to give him corticosteroids. He had 0 complications and he is morbidly obese. Also had a 90 year old aunt with high blood pressure catch covid and she didn't have any complications at all. Both were unvaccinated I might add.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Yes that is the case. I don't live in the US and being fat is not the norm here. I might have literally 1 fat uncle and he got covid early last year. The guy is a doctor so he checked himself to the hospital and asked them to give him corticosteroids. He had 0 complications and he is morbidly obese. Also had a 90 year old aunt with high blood pressure catch covid and she didn't have any complications at all. Both were unvaccinated I might add.
then you are good brother

1. eat well
2. sleep well / mitigate stress
3. regular exercise

and you are good to go about your life, vaccinated or not. Enjoy! Unfortunately , however, 99% of people in the civilized world are unable to perform these functions, so we are in a bit of a pickle, hence Covid.

Statistically for most people with covid, the vast majority are fine. So just getting covid generally shouldn’t be as terrifying as some people make it out to be. However, the vaccine is a very low risk way to substantially decrease that small risk so that it is more in line with typical respiratory infections like the flu. But I’m all for people making their own choices.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Statistically for most people with covid, the vast majority are fine. So just getting covid generally shouldn’t be as terrifying as some people make it out to be. However, the vaccine is a very low risk way to substantially decrease that small risk so that it is more in line with typical respiratory infections like the flu. But I’m all for people making their own choices.
It's not just getting Covid that scares people. That's what a lot of people don't understand. It's not just getting sick. It's also the fear of infecting others. Especially loved ones.

I have been lucky enough to not get Covid, but if I had a test come back positive I would be immediately afraid and retrace all the steps I had taken in recent days. Who I had contact with. Etc. That is where my fears and stress would come from. Not because I am afraid I am gonna suddenly drop dead or whatever.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Carrying an extra 20 - 30 lbs (ie overweight by BMI) actually has the best prognosis for COVID. It's the obese and even moreso the super obese where COVID mortality ramps up very rapidly.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It's not just getting Covid that scares people. That's what a lot of people don't understand. It's not just getting sick. It's also the fear of infecting others. Especially loved ones.

Pretty sure most of the people who don’t seem to understand this will be young, and without elderly parents.

Having the people you’re closest to be over 70, and with health issues that come with age, really sharpens the mind on how important getting vaccinated is.

My concern is never, and has never been, about me. It’s about others. Don’t know why it’s so hard for some to get this.

Last edited:
I beg to differ.
I mean the stats are the stats. Whether you choose to be fearful is certainly up to you. But if you are vaccinated as well as those around you, you have very little to fear. If you are afraid, there’s no reason not to be vaccinated. But fear is relative of course. People are afraid of all kinds of things. I hope you aren’t letting your fear impact your life too much in a negative way.

Star-Lord

I mean the stats are the stats. Whether you choose to be fearful is certainly up to you. But if you are vaccinated as well as those around you, you have very little to fear. If you are afraid, there’s no reason not to be vaccinated. But fear is relative of course. People are afraid of all kinds of things. I hope you aren’t letting your fear impact your life too much in a negative way.
I implore you to read my previous posts in this thread.

I implore you to read my previous posts in this thread.
You might have to point me to it. The thread moves fast. I can assume you suffered a loss. I’m sorry to hear that. Obviously that is going to effect your perspective on all this; which is of course understandable. I hope you are able to move forward in time. My condolences if this is the case.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In the short term. Like you said there are many unknowns from covid and the vaccine. If you are a young healthy person you have overwhelming odds you will survive it and thats a fact. Yea living with the vaccine is less risky but don't act as if covid was some kind of humanity ending disease where if you get it you will surely die.
I'm not acting as if it's some kind of humanity ending disease where if you get it you will surely die. I'm acting as if it's a dangerous disease that has already killed over 600,000 of my fellow countrymen, was the third leading cause of death last year, causes hospitals around the country to shut down, causes billions of dollars of expense, and if not controlled properly has the potential to exponentially spread and be much much worse.

You can say all you want how as an individual the stats are in your favor but you're still doing flawed risk assessment and bad math. The danger you are in is still relatively small, but compared to the alternative is many times larger. You also don't assess the danger to the community as a whole. Every death is a tragedy, and while you can probably avoid death on an individual level with a 99.9% survival rate, you are looking at heartbreaking numbers when that is applied to a population of millions.

Star-Lord

You might have to point me to it. The thread moves fast. I can assume you suffered a loss. I’m sorry to hear that. Obviously that is going to effect your perspective on all this; which is of course understandable. I hope you are able to move forward in time. My condolences if this is the case.
Long story short; lost both parents to Covid, had Covid myself.

I just feel I know first-hand how devestating Covid can be. Both my parents were 70+ and my father had a long history of underlying health conditions. They both passed away before being vaccinated. I contracted it after receiving my first jab. I can tell you now, it was the most unpleasant period of my life. I'm lucky in the fact I didn't contract long covid.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My concern is never, and has never been, about me. It’s about others. Don’t know why it’s so hard for some to get this.
That's the thing that is really disappointing about all of this, as it shows how self centered or narrow minded people can be when times are hard. So many of these anti-vaccination arguments are predicated on the self with not a thought given to friends, family, and community. "MY personal risk is low". "I am not in a vulnerable demographic". "This is most certainly not going to affect ME".

Great, you're looking out for your own skin, but that's not all that's at stake here. Every person vaccinated is a tiny step towards greater protection for not just the self, but everyone around the self too. The effect is compounded by all the secondary benefits this confers like not having our hospitals overflowing. Look at the difference between the UK and the US to see how big of an impact this makes.

For all the whining about "freedom", the UK is more meaningfully free at this moment, because their hospitals aren't getting overcrowded with hard-headed vaccine hesitant freedom lovers.

Long story short; lost both parents to Covid, had Covid myself.

I just feel I know first-hand how devestating Covid can be. Both my parents were 70+ and my father had a long history of underlying health conditions. They both passed away before being vaccinated. I contracted it after receiving my first jab. I can tell you now, it was the most unpleasant period of my life. I'm lucky in the fact I didn't contract long covid.
That is very sad. As I said, I do hope that after a time, you will be able to move forward in a positive way. But obviously your perspective on any of this will be influenced by what you have suffered. I hope that people will get vaccinated in order to prevent things like this. I do believe that once a person is vaccinated, they should move through their life without fear. But that doesn’t invalidate any feelings you have to the contrary, clearly.

FunkMiller

That's the thing that is really disappointing about all of this, as it shows how self centered or narrow minded people can be when times are hard. So many of these anti-vaccination arguments are predicated on the self with not a thought given to friends, family, and community. "MY personal risk is low". "I am not in a vulnerable demographic". "This is most certainly not going to affect ME".

Great, you're looking out for your own skin, but that's not all that's at stake here. Every person vaccinated is a tiny step towards greater protection for not just the self, but everyone around the self too. The effect is compounded by all the secondary benefits this confers like not having our hospitals overflowing. Look at the difference between the UK and the US to see how big of an impact this makes.

For all the whining about "freedom", the UK is more meaningfully free at this moment, because their hospitals aren't getting overcrowded with hard-headed vaccine hesitant freedom lovers.

Yes. Awful lot of people around here who plainly don’t give a damn about those around them, and that’s pretty sickening.

Luckily they appear to be in the minority, at least in the U.K.

The worst thing about Covid for me, other than the actual disease, is just how selfish it’s shown people to be.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I do believe that once a person is vaccinated, they should move through their life without fear.
This was a fine strategy earlier this year, but not so anymore due to the delta variant.

The vaccines have less protection against the new delta variant, so until a better one is formulated, a return of some of the other mitigation measures is necessary, even if vaccinated.

Dr_Salt

Banned
then you are good brother

1. eat well
2. sleep well / mitigate stress
3. regular exercise

and you are good to go about your life, vaccinated or not. Enjoy! Unfortunately , however, 99% of people in the civilized world are unable to perform these functions, so we are in a bit of a pickle, hence Covid.
I'm fully vaccinated my friend. I will continue to social distance and wear masks also. I agree vaccines are effective in reducing severe cases and I think that if you are inside the high risk population it is better if you are vaccinated but I just don't support the government forcing you to do stuff against your will that is all. IMO people should have the choice always.

RAÏSanÏa

Good and reasonable penalty IMO

Economics.
ace-ventura-pump.gif

Oooh, ya. can ya feel it?

Thaedolus

We get a surcharge for being obese or for being a smoker at my company, so this seems perfectly reasonable in the grand scheme of unreasonable health insurance.
I’ve worked for companies that do the same, annual checkups to check risk factors like BMI, resting BP, cholesterol, etc. You got a discount if your score was good enough. Makes sense

This was a fine strategy earlier this year, but not so anymore due to the delta variant.

The vaccines have less protection against the new delta variant, so until a better one is formulated, a return of some of the other mitigation measures is necessary, even if vaccinated.
Feel free to mitigate however you feel is appropriate.

Thaedolus

Except, as proven, getting vaccinated doesn't make you immune to Covid.
Or make you unable to spread it to others. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and a sister who is buying into this idea the vaccine isn’t necessary. My wife and I being COVID recovered and vaccinated makes me feel pretty safe for myself, but I’m absolutely aware I could still spread it to my family. My baby has developed a cough this week- is it wildfire smoke? Common cold? COVID? No way to just put those thoughts to rest when my state is in a surge just as bad as before the vaccine…

Star-Lord

Or make you unable to spread it to others. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and a sister who is buying into this idea the vaccine isn’t necessary. My wife and I being COVID recovered and vaccinated makes me feel pretty safe for myself, but I’m absolutely aware I could still spread it to my family. My baby has developed a cough this week- is it wildfire smoke? Common cold? COVID? No way to just put those thoughts to rest when my state is in a surge just as bad as before the vaccine…
Couldn't have put it better myself. Like you, I feel safer now I've had both jabs, but I'm under no illusion that I'm now immune to the virus or that I am ruled out as a carrier. Even though restrictions are lifting all the time, I still abide by social distancing, wearing a face mask, and carry a small bottle of anti-bac gel on me at all times. I've seen what destruction the virus can cause first-hand, so am taking no risks.

"feel" is the problem. Too many people are basing their decisions on feelings, and not on facts.
Again, you do what you decide is appropriate for you. That’s how life is. You will live with the consequences of whatever your choices bring to you, as will I. This is just the way it is.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Again, you do what you decide is appropriate for you. That’s how life is. You will live with the consequences of whatever your choices bring to you, as will I. This is just the way it is.
I know this is beating a dead horse but: this is a situation where untold others have to deal with the consequences, in a way that’s unique to this situation, too

Last edited:
I know the is beating a dead horse but: this is a situation where untold others have to deal with the consequences, in a way that’s unique to this situation, too
They will deal with the consequences of their own actions. That’s the nature of things. If they want to protect themselves further, the tools are available to them.

Thaedolus

They will deal with the consequences of their own actions. That’s the nature of things. If they want to protect themselves further, the tools are available to them.
The nature of things doesn’t have to be that the majority of people who take responsibility to act in a rational and reasonable manner need to bear the burden of accommodating the minority who want to act irrationally and without regard for others.

How about: the unvaccinated must deal with the consequences of their own actions, which is to be ostracized and shut out of society due to their irresponsible nature. That’s the nature of civilization.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I am doing what is appropriate for me. However, what is left for me to do when I have to deal with the consequences of other people's reckless behavior?

My life liberty and pursuit of happiness are directly negatively affected by other people who are using up resources and are a drain on the system who could very easily not be. I don't live on an island alone. I have to share this space with other people and I'm bearing the burden of their careless decisions.

It's not so cut and dry when other people's personal responsibility becomes my problem too.

The nature of things doesn’t have to be that the majority of people who take responsibility to act in a rational and reasonable manner need to bear the burden of accommodating the minority who want to act irrationally and without regard for others.

How about: the unvaccinated must deal with the consequences of their own actions, which is to be ostracized and shut out of society due to their irresponsible nature. That’s the nature of civilization.
Good luck enforcing that in a way that doesn’t appear horrific. But that is a separate discussion. The tools are available for anyone who is at risk to protect themselves. Children, statistically for example, are at such low risk that even unvaccinated, they are at lower risk than most other age groups fully vaccinated.

People who can be vaccinated should be. This will lower the risk of severe infection down to something comparable to other respiratory illnesses, which people don’t generally do much to mitigate against. Vaccinated individuals who want to further protect themselves can wear masks, although it’s becoming clear that will need to be an N95 or KN95 to have any significant impact on the delta version of this virus. If a person feels vaccination and quality masks are not enough, they will have to refrain from whatever activities they feel unsafe doing. There is nothing more that can be done for them.

I am doing what is appropriate for me. However, what is left for me to do when I have to deal with the consequences of other people's reckless behavior?

My life liberty and pursuit of happiness are directly negatively affected by other people who are using up resources and are a drain on the system who could very easily not be. I don't live on an island alone. I have to share this space with other people and I'm bearing the burden of their careless decisions.

It's not so cut and dry when other people's personal responsibility becomes my problem too.
We are where we are now. The healthcare system will be stressed for a period of time. Ideally it will be relatively brief. Probably 2-3 months. People can choose to protect themselves during that time in the way i described above or they can deal with the consequences. Your “pursuit of happiness” doesn’t really mean you get to dictate the rules of society until you feel comfortable enough to not be afraid. All the tools are available to you to make covid a small concern to you personally.

Look man, if you are afraid to do what you want to do despite all the protections available to you, that’s on you now. That is a choice you are making. Blaming other people is nonsense. You are capable of protecting yourself and doing basically what you want. If you choose not to do that, so be it.

Last edited:
TBH i wouldnt mind being exposed to the virus in a secure setting where i wont be a risk to others. Then leave that setting when its over.

The problem with how we are doing things now is that it is exactly the same as the Nazi tactics back in the day. They started doing things that everyone thought was the right thing to do against those they didn't like. It started small but it ended up in a world war.

There has to be a better way.

RAÏSanÏa

Being vaccinated means a person can fight off Covid faster than nonvaxxed, regardless whether both may not get as sick in most cases to a small percentage. That small percentage difference in recovery has a spectrum of many impacts other than simple life/death.

But let's keep it simple, yet expand a little.
Couple simple economic implications:
Unvaxxed going to icu was 28/100,000 vs 2/100,000 vaxxed from the numbers from my region a couple days ago(high vaccination rate).
Vaccinated having faster recovery time means less chance of mutation and spreading.
Unvaxxed slower recovery and higher number going to icu burden the health system and increase risk to others.

Freedom is never free. $$$

Thaedolus

TBH i wouldnt mind being exposed to the virus in a secure setting where i wont be a risk to others. Then leave that setting when its over.

The problem with how we are doing things now is that it is exactly the same as the Nazi tactics back in the day. They started doing things that everyone thought was the right thing to do against those they didn't like. It started small but it ended up in a world war.

You realize the vaccine accomplishes the same result in a demonstrably safer manner? This makes absolutely zero sense.

Last edited:

you are comparing anti-vaxxers to Jewish, disabled, homosexual and racial minorities, and then you are saying our treatment of anti-vaxxers is equivalent to Nazi treatment of those groups

do I have this right?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Your “pursuit of happiness” doesn’t really mean you get to dictate the rules of society until you feel comfortable enough to not be afraid.
Do other people's pursuit of happiness mean that they get to put the community in danger which then results in even more draconian emergency responses? Do other people's right to express their freedom mean that it's okay when it infringes on my own liberty as well? Their liberty should not come at the expense of mine.

All the tools are available to you to make covid a small concern to you personally.
They are, and I employ them, but I'm concerned about more than just me. I'm concerned about everyone else too because I'm forced to live with everyone else and that is the reality we must deal with. I'm not the only factor in this equation.

Look man, if you are afraid to do what you want to do despite all the protections available to you, that’s on you now. That is a choice you are making. Blaming other people is nonsense. You are capable of protecting yourself and doing basically what you want. If you choose not to do that, so be it.
Being afraid to do what I want to do despite all the protections available to me? What does being afraid have to do with any of this?

If I get into an accident, there is a high chance that I won't have the proper emergency care available to me because it's currently being taken up by many others who could have easily and cheaply avoided it.

If I want to live life normally, I can't because the government has imposed social distancing and attendance limits (depending on what state I'm in) due to so many people being unvaccinated and causing a strain on the health care system. Compare that with the UK, which has a higher vaccination rate, which does not have a hospital crisis, and whose citizens are currently more free than many Americans.

Blaming other people is not nonsense when there is a direct cause and effect relationship between their poor choices and the hardships we all have to face now because of it. Personal responsibility is an important pillar of a functional society that holds people accountable for their actions.

Nobody_Important

I had to read this 3 times in order to make sure I understood what you were getting at because I was positive that I had somehow misunderstood it.

You are actually comparing the current situation surrounding vaccines to the beginnings of the fucking holocaust????

You realize the vaccine accomplishes the same result in a demonstrably safer manner? This makes absolutely zero sense.
No it doesnt. You are 6x more resistant to Covid if you get it without the vaccine.

you are comparing anti-vaxxers to Jewish, disabled, homosexual and racial minorities, and then you are saying our treatment of anti-vaxxers is equivalent to Nazi treatment of those groups

do I have this right?

Initially its exactly the same. Nazis didn't start killing Jews till a decade after they started oppressing them.

I had to read this 3 times in order to make sure I understood what you were getting at because I was positive that I had somehow misunderstood it.

You are actually comparing the current situation surrounding vaccines to the beginnings of the fucking holocaust????
Yes.

Last edited:
No it doesnt. You are 6x more resistant to Covid if you get it without the vaccine.

Initially its exactly the same. Nazis didn't start killing Jews till a decade after they started oppressing them.

please draw exact parallels between Nazis initial oppression of the Jews with our oppression of anti-vaxxers and cite specific examples of each

Nobody_Important

Yes.

You are out of your mind. Step away from the computer and get some much needed air. Because holy shit man. That is ri-god damn-diculous. We are not going to be sending unvaccinated people to camps or dragging them from their homes. To even suggest such a comparison is insane.

There has been some straight up stupid shit said in this thread but that takes the cake by a country mile.

Last edited:
Do other people's pursuit of happiness mean that they get to put the community in danger which then results in even more draconian emergency responses? Do other people's right to express their freedom mean that it's okay when it infringes on my own liberty as well? Their liberty should not come at the expense of mine.

They are, and I employ them, but I'm concerned about more than just me. I'm concerned about everyone else too because I'm forced to live with everyone else and that is the reality we must deal with. I'm not the only factor in this equation.

Being afraid to do what I want to do despite all the protections available to me? What does being afraid have to do with any of this?

If I get into an accident, there is a high chance that I won't have the proper emergency care available to me because it's currently being taken up by many others who could have easily and cheaply avoided it.

If I want to live life normally, I can't because the government has imposed social distancing and attendance limits (depending on what state I'm in) due to so many people being unvaccinated and causing a strain on the health care system. Compare that with the UK, which has a higher vaccination rate, which does not have a hospital crisis, and whose citizens are currently more free than many Americans.

Blaming other people is not nonsense when there is a direct cause and effect relationship between their poor choices and the hardships we all have to face now because of it. Personal responsibility is an important pillar of a functional society that holds people accountable for their actions.

Your response to this:
I do believe that once a person is vaccinated, they should move through their life without fear.

Was this:

The post was about fear. So maybe we are having a miscommunication.

Also, you will be well taken care of should you be in a car accident. Trauma centers set aside resources for traumas. Even during pandemics.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The post was about fear.
The post was about common sense and determining best practices from all current and accurate data.

Also, you will be well taken care of should you be in a car accident. Trauma centers set aside resources for traumas. Even during pandemics.
Does the ICU being full of COVID patients reduce the quality of care for everyone else? Elective surgeries being cancelled is a thing. Increased health care worker burnout is a thing. Delayed response to otherwise everyday emergencies are a thing.

please draw exact parallels between Nazis initial oppression of the Jews with our oppression of anti-vaxxers and cite specific examples of each

I already did. But i'll extrapolate. First oppression of the Jews came like this:

The 25-point Program of the NSDAP[edit]

1. We demand the union of all Germans to form the Greater Germany on the basis of the people's right to self-determination enjoyed by the nations.
  2. We demand equality of rights for the German people in its dealings with other nations; and abolition of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
  3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the sustenance of our people and colonization for our superfluous population.
  4. None but members of the nation may be citizens of the state. None but those of German blood, whatever their creed may be. No Jew, therefore, may be a member of the nation.
  5. Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest and must be regarded as being subject to foreign laws.
  6. The right of voting on the state's government and legislation is to be enjoyed by the citizen of the state alone. We demand therefore that all official appointments, of whatever kind, shall be granted to citizens of the state alone. We oppose the corrupting custom of parliament of filling posts merely with a view to party considerations, and without reference to character or capability.
  7. We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to nourish the total population of the State, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) must be excluded from the Reich.
  8. All immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since 2 August 1914, be required immediately to leave the Reich.
  9. All citizens of the state shall be equal as regards rights and obligations.
  10. The first obligation of every citizen must be to productively work mentally or physically. The activity of individual may not clash with the interests of the whole, but must proceed within the framework of the whole for the benefit for the general good. We demand therefore:
  11. Abolition of unearned (work and labour) incomes. Breaking of debt (interest)-slavery.
  12. In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice of life and property that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment due to a war must be regarded as a crime against the nation. Therefore, we demand ruthless confiscation of all war profits.
  13. We demand nationalization of all businesses which have been up to the present formed into companies (trusts).
  14. We demand that the profits from wholesale trade shall be shared out.
  15. We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.
  16. We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the State, county or municipality.
  17. We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
  18. We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
  19. We demand substitution of a German common law in place of the Roman Law serving a materialistic world-order.
  20. The state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. The plans of instruction of all educational institutions are to conform with the experiences of practical life. The comprehension of the concept of the state must be striven for by the school [Staatsbürgerkunde] as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the state of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
  21. The state is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.
  22. We demand abolition of the mercenary troops and formation of a national army.
  23. We demand legal opposition to known lies and their promulgation through the press. In order to enable the provision of a German press, we demand, that:a. All writers and employees of the newspapers appearing in the German language be members of the race;b. Non-German newspapers be required to have the express permission of the state to be published. They may not be printed in the German language;c. Non-Germans are forbidden by law any financial interest in German publications or any influence on them and as punishment for violations the closing of such a publication as well as the immediate expulsion from the Reich of the non-German concerned. Publications which are counter to the general good are to be forbidden. We demand legal prosecution of artistic and literary forms which exert a destructive influence on our national life and the closure of organizations opposing the above made demands.
  24. We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Germanic race. The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within on the framework.THE COMMON INTEREST OVER INDIVIDUAL INTEREST[13]
  25. For the execution of all of this we demand the formation of a strong central power in the Reich. Unlimited authority of the central parliament over the whole Reich and its organizations in general. The forming of state and profession chambers for the execution of the laws made by the Reich within the various states of the confederation. The leaders of the Party promise, if necessary by sacrificing their own lives, to support by the execution of the points set forth above without consideration.

It first started with people not being allowed to be citizens with no other penalty. Arguably at this stage where the proposed changes are which are coming like unvaccinated will not be allowed to leave the country and large monetary penalties is worse than how the Nazis treated the Jews. As more and more efforts to stop the virus is ineffective most likely harsher oppression will follow.

The post was about common sense and determining best practices from all current and accurate data.

Does the ICU being full of COVID patients reduce the quality of care for everyone else? Elective surgeries being cancelled is a thing. Increased health care worker burnout is a thing. Delayed response to otherwise everyday emergencies are a thing.
The post was about fear. I made it. Let’s get that straight. You responded to my post about fear. I hope that clears up your confusion.

I already did. But i'll extrapolate. First oppression of the Jews came like this:

It first started with people not being allowed to be citizens with no other penalty. Arguably at this stage where the proposed changes are which are coming like unvaccinated will not be allowed to leave the country and large monetary penalties is worse than how the Nazis treated the Jews. As more and more efforts to stop the virus is ineffective most likely harsher oppression will follow.

so even the one point you highlighted is not “exactly the same” as what there is now with unvaccinated people, do you want to try again?

RAÏSanÏa

rub-your-finger-asking-for-money-H6M80G.jpg

Starts to add up
accounting-machine.jpg
accounting-machine.jpg
accounting-machine.jpg
accounting-machine.jpg

at all levels,
pearlie-gates.jpg

on all accounts.

Top Bottom