• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Can I direct you to the closest veterinary supply store?
1toothpaste.gif

In all seriousness, take care brother. You might be in for a bit of a rough go if you’ve got it, but you’ll make it. Do update your status

I appreciate it and I will. I'm hoping its just a coincidence. If it's not the universe has a sense of humor at least lol

Dr_Salt

Banned
The point of my question is our hospitals in the United States have no more room. They are full of non vaccinated people with covid. There is no more room for people who have heart attacks, strokes, etc. There have been people that have died in the ER, because they couldn't get a bed.

My point is, if you don't want to wear a mask or get the vaccine that's fine but don't come crying and need help when you're dying. Stay the fuck home. Don't take beds away from people who need them.
I mean yea morally you are probably right but people have no obligation to care about other people's health and in the case you are paying for a public service you have the right to use it.

molasar

Banned

I want a 3090ti, a 2TB M2 PCIE4 SSD, 8TB storage drive, full liquid cooling in a Corsair case with front intake fans and full LED.

You failed to prove any virus so far.

Your paper does not cover:
- direct real time observation of processes occurring with alleged particles,
- EM visualization in patient's samples or decaying lab cell cultures,
- acquirement and purification,
- biochemical characterization (including: sequencing of intact genome strand if it exists),
- verification by having test subjects exposed to purified particles as it allegedly occurs in nature.

We can get into more details if you wish.

MScarpa

I mean yea morally you are probably right but people have no obligation to care about other people's health and in the case you are paying for a public service you have the right to use it.
It was a question more so to the people who believe it's just the flu. I know they don't give a shit, but i think it's fair trade. They don't have to get hassled for the vaccine and mask shit, and if they DO get Covid god sorts out the rest. Win/Win

molasar

Banned
May want to save the money for renewing your lapsed antipsychotic prescriptions.

You see I am not into scientism. That is why I asked about scientific evidence which can't be disproven logically or by control experiments.

What about you?

molasar

Banned
alleged viruses. do you even know what these words mean

These words mean that no virus has ever been proven to exist by undeniable evidence so far. No virologist can do this.

Anyways I just give you guys a chance to win a set of nice gaming hardware if you believe otherwise.

The point of my question is our hospitals in the United States have no more room. They are full of non vaccinated people with covid. There is no more room for people who have heart attacks, strokes, etc. There have been people that have died in the ER, because they couldn't get a bed.

My point is, if you don't want to wear a mask or get the vaccine that's fine but don't come crying and need help when you're dying. Stay the fuck home. Don't take beds away from people who need them.
There are also many, many people in hospitals due to their own negligence in self-care for other reasons. Why draw the line at not taking the vaccine? What about people who take up beds because of poor diet and sedentary lifestyle leading to disease? I could make the argument that that's far worse because it's many, many poor decisions over time. Plenty of opportunity to correct, yet persistent indifference.

If we're going to care for the sick - the idea behind having a healthcare system, it's not a reasonable position to inquire "why are you sick?" to everyone who needs care and eliminate the possibility of care for those who could have averted illness imho. If we start doing that, we'll have to turn away the majority of would-be patients.

Razorback

Just want to give people a quick reminder of that quote about wrestling pigs.

I'm not saying don't do it, but be aware of what you're getting yourself into.

MScarpa

There are also many, many people in hospitals due to their own negligence in self-care for other reasons. Why draw the line at not taking the vaccine? What about people who take up beds because of poor diet and sedentary lifestyle leading to disease? I could make the argument that that's far worse because it's many, many poor decisions over time. Plenty of opportunity to correct, yet persistent indifference.

If we're going to care for the sick - the idea behind having a healthcare system, it's not a reasonable position to inquire "why are you sick?" to everyone who needs care and eliminate the possibility of care for those who could have averted illness imho. If we start doing that, we'll have to turn away the majority of would-be patients.
Because the people with the bad diet, who smoke, or do drugs or whatever else you want to come up with, those people aren't saying "diabetes isn't real, it's a hoax". "Smoking cigarettes, it's fake news, nothing wrong with 2 packs a day"

So if people want to claim it's just the flu, its a hoax, covid is fake news, etc etc Put your life where your mouth is, go all in and risk it all. Don't all of the sudden want help.

Did you get the vaccine? Have you seen the numbers of vaccinated/not vaccinated in the hospital? Those numbers are INCREDIBLE.

Because the people with the bad diet, who smoke, or do drugs or whatever else you want to come up with, those people aren't saying "diabetes isn't real, it's a hoax". "Smoking cigarettes, it's fake news, nothing wrong with 2 packs a day"

So if people want to claim it's just the flu, its a hoax, covid is fake news, etc etc Put your life where your mouth is, go all in and risk it all. Don't all of the sudden want help.

Did you get the vaccine? Have you seen the numbers of vaccinated/not vaccinated in the hospital? Those numbers are INCREDIBLE.
So we're to turn people away from health care who have bad judgment or are uninformed? Is that the essence of your position?

MScarpa

No, but I have both an auto-immune condition and kidney disease. You didn't answer my question.
I'll answer your question. Relax a minute. First off nobody except for the random guy on the previous page would ever agree to this.
Secondly, hospitals are starting to have to make tough choices on who gets beds, vents, medicines, etc. So you never know, it may get to a point where if you aren't vaccinated you get care last.

So no, people aren't going to get turned away right now, because nobody is going to sign away their right to care. Do i think they should have to wait till everyone else is taken care of before they can get help. ABSOLUTELY!
So you can deny covid, and say its a hoax, it's like the flu, bla bla bla, but when you need your life saved because this flu is fucking you up, then all the sudden you want help.

I'll answer your question. Relax a minute. First off nobody except for the random guy on the previous page would ever agree to this.
Secondly, hospitals are starting to have to make tough choices on who gets beds, vents, medicines, etc. So you never know, it may get to a point where if you aren't vaccinated you get care last.

So no, people aren't going to get turned away right now, because nobody is going to sign away their right to care. Do i think they should have to wait till everyone else is taken care of before they can get help. ABSOLUTELY!
So you can deny covid, and say its a hoax, it's like the flu, bla bla bla, but when you need your life saved because this flu is fucking you up, then all the sudden you want help.
If we don't care for those who are ignorant, lacking reasonable intelligence, or even those who are self-destructive, I don't think we have much of a valid claim to any idea of a "society" - certainly not a compassionate one.

@Corndog
Dr. Malone didn't invent the mRNA vaccine. Neither did he invent the mRNA technology. What he did was developing a method to get RNA into cells. Considering literally thousands of people worked on the technology behind it and the fact that it continuously evolves, it is disingenuous to claim he is the inventor.

This is his contribution:

It's important to consider that this was in 1989, years before the clinical application in humans, which he didn't contributed to.

To understand how important he was to that prject. He was working on it in one university and when he switched over to another university the whole project moved with him. He was instrumental in the creation of that tech.

MScarpa

If we don't care for those who are ignorant, lacking reasonable intelligence, or even those who are self-destructive, I don't think we have much of a valid claim to any idea of a "society" - certainly not a compassionate one.
Ok so you have no response. Sounds good man. Good luck. Stay safe.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'm not from the US and I'm not 100% sure how your public health system works but if you pay taxes then why should you have to waive your right to a public system you are paying for?

Our public health systems are extremely limited, covering only those of retirement age, former members of the armed forces, those holding certain political offices, and a select few (proportionally speaking) with certain disabilities. The vast majority have to rely on private health insurance, and almost all hospitals / healthcare networks are private.

Next, the amount of beds in each hospital must be approved and licensed to insure each hospital actually has the resources to provide care for those patients (they have the right kind and number of staff, the appropriate equipment, etc). Beds are separated by types - standard, ICU, pediatric ICU, etc. So each care providing facility is extremely limited, and resources are extremely limited, in the wealthiest country in the world.

A rough estimate is that only 18% of citizens have any level of public health coverage.

With all of that in mind, the unvaccinated are choosing not to do the right thing for the good of the public health of all, and in neglecting to do the right thing are ending up overwhelming the system and depriving those who are acting in good faith of care - care the people on the right side are paying for.

So in short motherfuck the unvaccinated. If they want to be that catastrophically selfish and reckless, then they should be put in the back of the line when they come down with the plague that is facing us all. They need to take some personal responsibility.

Edit: I think I had a seizure near the end there, that or Chrome decided to fuck up the undo / redo operations

Last edited:

MScarpa

Our public health systems are extremely limited, covering only those of retirement age, former members of the armed forces, those holding certain political offices, and a select few (proportionally speaking) with certain disabilities. The vast majority have to rely on private health insurance, and almost all hospitals / healthcare networks are private.

Next, the amount of beds in each hospital must be approved and licensed to insure each hospital actually has the resources to provide care for those patients (they have the right kind and number of staff, the appropriate equipment, etc). Beds are separated by types - standard, ICU, pediatric ICU, etc. So each care providing facility is extremely limited, and resources are extremely limited, in the wealthiest country in the world.

A rough estimate is that only 18% of citizens have any level of public health coverage.

With all of that in mind, the unvaccinated are choosing not to do the right thing for the good of the public health of all, and in neglecting to do the right thing are ending up overwhelming the system and depriving those who are acting in good faith of care the people on the right side are paying for.

So in short motherfuck the unvaccinated. If they want to be that catastrophically selfish and reckless, then let they should be put in the back of the line when it comes time when they come down with the plague that is facing us all. They need to take some personal responsibility.
Wow someone else who fucking has some common sense. Some people in this thread are delusional. You get a reddit gold on GAF. 🤗

Dr_Salt

Banned

With all of that in mind, the unvaccinated are choosing not to do the right thing for the good of the public health of all, and in neglecting to do the right thing are ending up overwhelming the system and depriving those who are acting in good faith of care the people on the right side are paying for.

So in short motherfuck the unvaccinated. If they want to be that catastrophically selfish and reckless, then let they should be put in the back of the line when it comes time when they come down with the plague that is facing us all. They need to take some personal responsibility.
I know most people work on private health insurance in the US but do the everyday man taxes fund these public hospitals?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
To understand how important he was to that prject. He was working on it in one university and when he switched over to another university the whole project moved with him. He was instrumental in the creation of that tech.
The person who made mRNA tech possible as a therapeutic measurement for humans was Katalin Karikó. The work from Dr. Malone was certainly important, but that doesn't mean he invented the mRNA vaccines, neither does it mean he invented the technology to make mRNA vaccines work with human. He also hasn't done any work on the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and what he has said towards those vaccines has been fact-checked.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I know most people work on private health insurance in the US but do the everyday man taxes fund these public hospitals?

What few public hospitals there are, partially, and only a select few have access to those public hospitals (public in the sense that the government wholly or partially owns them). So you're really asking irrelevant questions, no offense. All that matters is that the unvaccinated are neglecting their part of the public contract, so they should be the ones making any and all sacrifices for their actions. Taxes, who pays for what, none of that matters.

Edit: I understand that those in every other first world country who take healthcare for granted, as they should, would be confused by the US's broken system. I know, I've worked within it for years

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Banned
Wow someone else who fucking has some common sense. Some people in this thread are delusional. You get a reddit gold on GAF. 🤗
I mean yea you might feel that you are doing the right thing but this world doesn't work on feelings and the truth is people have no obligation to give a fuck about your health or wellbeing. Yea it might be extremely selfish or whatever you wanna call it but that is just a fact of life.

MScarpa

I mean yea you might feel that you are doing the right thing but this world doesn't work on feelings and the truth is people have no obligation to give a fuck about your health or wellbeing. Yea it might be extremely selfish or whatever you wanna call it but that is just a fact of life.
You quoted my common sense post? Haha
I hope you're vaccinated buddy. 😉

Dr_Salt

Banned
What few public hospitals there are, partially, and only a select few have access to those public hospitals (public in the sense that the government wholly or partially owns them). So you're really asking irrelevant questions, no offense. All that matters is that the unvaccinated are neglecting their part of the public contract, so they should be the ones making any and all sacrifices for their actions. Taxes, who pays for what, none of that matters.

Edit: I understand that those in every other first world country who take healthcare for granted, as they should, would be confused by the US's broken system. I know, I've worked within it for years
Then answer my question in a rational way and not because you feel it is the morally right thing to do or because of the way you feel about the situation. Why should a person waive their right to use a public service they are paying for? The question is not irrelevant at all.
If the unvaxxed aren't paying for it then yea they should be placed at the end of the line.

The person who made mRNA tech possible as a therapeutic measurement for humans was Katalin Karikó. The work from Dr. Malone was certainly important, but that doesn't mean he invented the mRNA vaccines, neither does it mean he invented the technology to make mRNA vaccines work with human. He also hasn't done any work on the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and what he has said towards those vaccines has been fact-checked.
Yeah i am talking about the part that he did in 1989. As for Katalin Kariko, she states in her paper in that mRNA research that Malone helped her greatly. I dont know the extent of his help but he did have a part of it at least according to her.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Banned
You quoted my common sense post? Haha
I hope you're vaccinated buddy. 😉
I am and I'm not scared of a disease with 99% probability of survival. What if I wasn't buddy, you gonna wish me death like some of the crazy people here do to the unvaxxed?

Thaedolus

I am and I'm not scared of a disease with 99% probability of survival. What if I wasn't buddy, you gonna wish me death like some of the crazy people here do to the unvaxxed?
This is an ad hominem attack and I’m reporting you to fallacy council

Dr_Salt

Banned
This is an ad hominem attack and I’m reporting you to fallacy council
The thing is some of you guys short circuit when you read there might be vaccinated people that are against the totalitarian measures that have been imposed in various countries.

I also get that its hard for some Americans to understand that not all places on Earth work like the US.

Then answer my question in a rational way and not because you feel it is the morally right thing to do or because of the way you feel about the situation. Why should a person waive their right to use a public service they are paying for? The question is not irrelevant at all.
If the unvaxxed aren't paying for it then yea they should be placed at the end of the line.

Everyone that pays into the system, whether they use it or don't, pays for the people that use it, whether those people pay or don't. In privatised hospitals this is done through insurance premiums, with people paying the money covering the cost of everyone's treatment with the idea that there is more coming in than being used. Some people's treatment costs more than the money they paid in with insurance, and they still get treated. In a nationalised public system it is done through taxes. Some people cannot or do not pay taxes that directly contribute to their care, and yet they still get treated.

When a crisis hits and the demand has obliterated supply the only thing that can give is the level of care. Regardless of what you pay in and how, unexpected events tip the scales. What we can do as individuals is our best to ensure equilibrium.

Last edited:
Top Bottom