• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Thaedolus

aXGLhSA.jpg
c4vLiQo.jpg
Ntg75j4.jpg
5PLyKSS.jpg

matt strikes back

Reactions: QSD

Dr_Salt

Banned
No. I follow the science as indicated by peer reviewed clinical trials, conducted by recognised medical organisations or government bodies that all show that ivermectin has no effect of Covid (thus far). Do you know the difference between in vitro and in vivo by the way?
Show me the the hundreds of in vivo studies on it. Someone else said there is like 1 massive in vivo study from the UK and its not even done.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The only main things I saw to fight obesity in terms of government response: 1) Michelle Obama's school lunch reform plans, 2) NY taxing soda and banning trans fats locally. Both plans were heavily criticized by the opposition party and called authoritarian.
I mean there are a ton of government programs:
And all the behind the scenes stuff the FDA does regarding food labeling.
But you are right there is a concerted effort to push back against any direct government intervention even though just giving 'advice' clearly doesn't work.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Joe Rogan memes aside, is it not worth examining/ discussing how a 54 year old man with a high stress job bounced back from a Covid infection in 3 days?
No. It's really not. Joe Rogans specific case is only interesting if you are a fan of his. Now if a couple thousand 54yr old dudes in a "high stress job" followed the exact treatment he claims to have received and suddenly started to get over Covid in a few days then that would be interesting because it would show a trend.

A singular case of someone having a mild case of something does not prove anything. Especially in the case of Covid where the experience from person to person is so widely varied. There have been young people who have had severe cases and get hospitalized while at the same time there have been 70yr olds who just have mild cases and are better in less than a week. It varies wildly. Rogan could have had a mild case even if he didn't take any of the stuff he is claiming to have taken. And it could have been worse. But we don't know. Because one case is not enough to make any serious discussion on and is certainly not enough to make an argument for widespread use of any experimental treatments that he might have taken.

Nobody_Important

Has anyone else been enough of a masochist to read some of the Twitter comments on The Joe Rogan stories by the way?

It is baffling to me that people on social media are willing to take Rogan at his word and use his singular case as proof that such and such treatment works and use it as "proof" the vaccine is nonsense or whatever......but at the same time will naysay an FDA approved vaccine that has been thoroughly tested and been applied to great success millions of times.

It makes no fucking sense to me.

Tulipanzo

Honestly, anybody calling Ivermectin "horse paste" has a fundamentally better understanding of the current science than people pushing it as covid treatment

Honestly, anybody calling Ivermectin "horse paste" has a fundamentally better understanding of the current science than people pushing it as covid treatment
Let Darwin's theory do its work.

PS.. Preparation H also is a good lip balm for the upcoming winter dry lip season.

Kilau

Just had my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Monday. Side effects still ongoing. Brain fog, headache, fatigue. Hopefully this subsides soon. Work productivity has dropped to basically zero.
Everyone is different but that seems longer than I’ve heard. My own side effects lasted less than 36 hours.

I don’t think you should be worried but maybe put a call in to your doctor for some feedback.

Hope you feel better soon.

poppabk

Everyone is different but that seems longer than I’ve heard. My own side effects lasted less than 36 hours.

I don’t think you should be worried but maybe put a call in to your doctor for some feedback.

Yeah about 24 - 36 hours for me to. I wasn't too bad, fever of 102 consistently for a full day, but the feeling was disconcerting as I was 'ill' without actually being ill and my brain didn't quite know how to deal with it.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Looking less likely that I'll be able to get the 3rd shot on time. Might be October at this rate.

Was reading about that yesterday. Basically the FDA said there isn't enough data to justify boosters, but the White House and CDC jumped the gun and put out the recommendation anyways.

Looking less likely that I'll be able to get the 3rd shot on time. Might be October at this rate.

I got my 3rd shot yesterday - Pfizer and didnt feel anything this morning. Last time it kicked the crap out of me with a sore back only.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Was reading about that yesterday. Basically the FDA said there isn't enough data to justify boosters, but the White House and CDC jumped the gun and put out the recommendation anyways.
It's a little ironic because this already happened. Pfizer said first they recommend a booster, and the white house criticized them for jumping the gun. Then the white house agreed and now FDA is accusing them of jumping the gun. Then the FDA will likely approve it next month.

Everyone's just slow basically. I'm fairly confident they'll approve it. I do think its kind of crappy they keep moving the goal post exclusively to "prevents serious illness and death" instead of addressing the main claim, which is prevention of infection increasing substantially with the booster. I'd rather just get the shot and be less likely to get it period, not only avoid serious infection and death. Oh well.

I got my 3rd shot yesterday - Pfizer and didnt feel anything this morning. Last time it kicked the crap out of me with a sore back only.
Are you considered high risk / immunocompromised then? Currently seems to only be approved for that group 28 days after shot 2.

It's a little ironic because this already happened. Pfizer said first they recommend a booster, and the white house criticized them for jumping the gun. Then the white house agreed and now FDA is accusing them of jumping the gun. Then the FDA will likely approve it next month.

Everyone's just slow basically. I'm fairly confident they'll approve it. I do think its kind of crappy they keep moving the goal post exclusively to "prevents serious illness and death" instead of addressing the main claim, which is prevention of infection increasing substantially with the booster. I'd rather just get the shot and be less likely to get it period, not only avoid serious infection and death. Oh well.

Are you considered high risk / immunocompromised then? Currently seems to only be approved for that group 28 days after shot 2.
Nope, I'm healthy as an Ox.

Little story behind this. In my province and in Canada in general we were behind getting vaccines because we are slackers and don't actually have any labs that make them for us so our Fed government ordered from wherever they could to get and that was AstraZeneca for many non high risk population and seniors got Pfizer or Moderna.

So my first dose was Astra in April then Pfizer in June. They announced late last week that for people planning on traveling to countries that don't allow Astra as an official vaccine you could get boosters of Pfizer if you want so I got a 3rd shot and now I'm in the 2 dose pfizer group and good to go. The interesting part is if you got a Astra first and you did have the choice for a second shot and chose Astra again you can get Pfizer as a 3rd and in 28 days after a 4th shot of pfizer!

Not joking

edit: note if you got 2 Pfizer you cant get a 3rd shot just yet.

Last edited:

poppabk

There are alot of people in the scientific community who would disagree with you. I'm not a scientist so you would have to ask them why they think ivermectin is useful against covid.
I mentioned it earlier in this thread but the issue isn't whether ivermectin is effective, it might be but the evidence isn't there right now to convince a lot or most of the people responsible for making universal treatment measures.
But ivermectin is this hot button issue because, like HCQ before it, it is positioned as not the cure for COVID, but the cure for lockdowns, vaccines, masks, social distancing. It is the beacon for people who think that the impact of COVID could have been avoided if 'they' hadn't wanted it to have these impacts.

Setzer

I've posted this here elsewhere but I just wanted to share my story. It's one thing to talk about COVID without having got it, but once you have it it's a whole other story. At least it was for me.

I am vaxxed (with two shots of moderna). I was very naive initially, having had those shots I thought I was good. I didn't wear masks to many places once California opened (and neither did anyone else), and I felt it was back to normal again. Boy was I wrong. I got COVID at the beginning of August. I fell very ill, and around day 11, my fever got worse and my blood oxygen levels dropped into the 70's. I had trouble breathing. I was in big trouble. The hospital was little help. They said I was "borderline" for the ICU, and sent me home with an oxygen machine.

A veterinarian family member recommended ivermectin. Now like many I laughed at first and told them I'm not taking the stupid horse paste. But this is someone I trust deeply who sincerely cared about helping me. I was sent several articles to read about it, including the FLCCC stuff. I was in bad shape, so I decided fuck it, what do I have to lose. I have two young daughters. Fear may have played into it. I also did not expect to get this ill with the vaccine. Doctors were not giving me a damn thing other than Norco.

I had it shipped to me the next day. On day 12, I took a dose of ivermectin, and within 24 hours my fever dropped. I took two more doses over the next two days and was able to eat and felt even better. I needed oxygen for the next week as my levels were still high 80's/low 90's, but I was over the hump of the illness. My eyes were extremely sore and head severely foggy, with a cough that finally went away a few days ago. But I've fully recovered.

Who knows. We can argue if the horse paste did anything or not. I sincerely feel like it turned things around for me. I feel like if I had taken it sooner I may have not gotten to the point I did. I have asthma, doctors said my lungs were suffering viral pneumonia and may need ventilation soon. It's strange to me that within a day after taking ivermectin I could breathe much better, and three days later x-ray's showed my lungs looked good and were clearing up.

I don't understand why the FDA is so against it when it is used for other human illnesses. The drug really turned things around in countries like India, just look at the numbers. Why is it such a problem? I don't recommend taking it daily for prevention, I think that is fucking stupid. I am for the vaccine, and highly recommend it. I can't wait to get my third booster but I have to wait several months now. But if my family or friends get COVID and get seriously ill, I'm going to recommend it to them.

It worries me that a drug that is showing to be effective against COVID is so trashed, and discarded as a "drug made for horses" when the biologists that discovered it won the Nobel Peace Prize. We are living in such a strange time, where this virus is mutating at a rate that makes me wonder how effective the current vaccine even is. Because that was the worst illness I've ever suffered, and I thought I would be at least a little bit better protected from it.

That's all I wanted to share. I don't care if I take heat or not for my experience, I just wanted to share it as I have not heard of many vaxxed people with COVID taking ivermectin, or with a positive stance on it. I am now taking COVID very seriously, and I don't think I will be without a mask anytime soon.
My sister just got over having COVID a couple days ago. She had it pretty bad. Her symptoms first started on 8/21 and there were several days her fever got up to 103. By 8/25 her symptoms were getting worse - body aches, fever, nausea, bad cough and trouble breathing. She got an injection of Ivermectin and two days later she was better. Now, maybe the virus had already run its course and she would have gotten better anyways without it.....who knows but she's thankful she got it because she feels she would have ended up in the hospital without it.

FunkMiller

Well. Certain People in the United States who belong to certain organisations have championed ivermectin as a cure, have downplayed the seriousness of covid, and have thrown doubt on the efficacy of the vaccine. They have done all this to achieve certain aims that they feel will be of benefit to their future success.

A lot of other people like these Certain People, and will believe what they say... and automatically disbelieve anything said by anyone else.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Banned
I mentioned it earlier in this thread but the issue isn't whether ivermectin is effective, it might be but the evidence isn't there right now to convince a lot or most of the people responsible for making universal treatment measures.
But ivermectin is this hot button issue because, like HCQ before it, it is positioned as not the cure for COVID, but the cure for lockdowns, vaccines, masks, social distancing. It is the beacon for people who think that the impact of COVID could have been avoided if 'they' hadn't wanted it to have these impacts.
Yes I understand that point. I just don't see why we shouldn't be exploring in depth all these possible treatments instead of attacking them. In the end we all want covid to disappear and the truth is that while the vaccine is highly effective it is not perfect. We should be attacking the problem with various solutions.

Last edited:
Well. Certain People in the United States who belong to certain organisations have championed ivermectin as a cure, have downplayed the seriousness of covid, and have thrown doubt on the efficacy of the vaccine. They have done all this to achieve certain aims that they feel will be of benefit to their future success.

A lot of other people like these Certain People, and will believe what they say... and automatically disbelieve anything said by anyone else.
The sad part it's the "certain organizations" against each other. I've never seen so much stupidity as politics determines how you treat a medical issue.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me at all. Social media and its influence over the stupid and gullible should be held liable for this misinformation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yes I understand that point. I just don't see why we shouldn't be exploring in depth all these possible treatments instead of attacking them.
We are exploring in depth all these possible treatments.

What's being attacked is irresponsible misinformation and stupidity that is actively causing harm.

In the end we all want covid to disappear and the truth is that while the vaccine is highly effective it is not perfect.
Not being perfect is an irrelevant criticism. It is the most effective and proven countermeasure that we currently have to combat COVID. Getting 100% of the adult population in the world vaccinated is hands down the best thing we could do to get closer to the goal of making COVID disappear.

We should be attacking the problem with various solutions.
The best way to attack the problem with various solutions is to use the solutions that are actually proven to work.

The vaccines are proven to hinder infection and greatly hinder severe illness and death. It is the best option we have at the moment, and to not go in 100% on them is crazy.

Nobody_Important

Yes I understand that point. I just don't see why we shouldn't be exploring in depth all these possible treatments instead of attacking them. In the end we all want covid to disappear and the truth is that while the vaccine is highly effective it is not perfect. We should be attacking the problem with various solutions.
We should 100% be attacking the idea people should be self medicating like some of these ridiculous grifters on social media have been suggesting.

And we should be attacking the problem with proven solutions. Not just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks along the way.

Last edited:

poppabk

We are though. The PRINCIPAL trial in the UK for example is looking at multiple therapies (and has published positive findings for some already) including Invermectin.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Herd immunity goalposts are moving. Just wait. For December when they will say you need 110%

The goalposts move, not arbitrarily, but due to the delta variant. It's math.

For herd immunity to be achieved, a virus' reproductive number has to be reduced to below one.

It's calculated by taking the virus' R0 reproduction number, and multiplying that by [1 - (vaccination rate x vaccine efficacy)]

Original COVID19 had a R0 of around 3, and our vaccines had an efficacy of greater than 90%. Using those numbers, we could reach herd immunity with about 75% of us getting the vaccine (which is around 80% of all eligible people since kids can't get vaccinated yet).

However, the delta variant has a higher R0, similar to chickenpox. Estimates say that it's around 5 to 9. Furthermore, vaccine efficacy against delta has fallen too, to around 40 to 80%. Using these new numbers, the only thing that can be adjusted is to increase the amount of people who are vaccinated.

Of course, that's just in the context of vaccinations. The effective reproduction number can be further reduced with countermeasures like masking, social distancing, and contact tracing. This is why until we get a new vaccine that has a high efficacy against transmission, we still need to throw as many proven mitigations against this virus as possible, within reason.

sinnergy

The goalposts move, not arbitrarily, but due to the delta variant. It's math.

For herd immunity to be achieved, a virus' reproductive number has to be reduced to below one.

It's calculated by taking the virus' R0 reproduction number, and multiplying that by [1 - (vaccination rate x vaccine efficacy)]

Original COVID19 had a R0 of around 3, and our vaccines had an efficacy of greater than 90%. Using those numbers, we could reach herd immunity with about 75% of us getting the vaccine (which is around 80% of all eligible people since kids can't get vaccinated yet).

However, the delta variant has a higher R0, similar to chickenpox. Estimates say that it's around 5 to 9. Furthermore, vaccine efficacy against delta has fallen too, to around 40 to 80%. Using these new numbers, the only thing that can be adjusted is to increase the amount of people who are vaccinated.

Of course, that's just in the context of vaccinations. The effective reproduction number can be further reduced with countermeasures like masking, social distancing, and contact tracing. This is why until we get a new vaccine that has a high efficacy against transmission, we still need to throw as many proven mitigations against this virus as possible, within reason.
Yup, but people need another year to digest this ..

Aesius

I just don't see the 3rd dose being very popular. It's similar to how social distancing was widely adopted during the first few months of the pandemic and then people started to relax more in the summer once masks became commonplace and mandated. Or even how masks were widely adopted and accepted originally and now people are extremely reluctant to go back to them after mandates were briefly dropped. You only get one chance at stuff like this. A 3rd or, god forbid, 4th dose (and so on) of the vaccine is going to be a tough sell. Not just from a personal decision standpoint, but from a logistical standpoint. And it will get even tougher with each successive booster. I feel like a lot of these decisions always fail to account for human nature.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just don't see the 3rd dose being very popular. It's similar to how social distancing was widely adopted during the first few months of the pandemic and then people started to relax more in the summer once masks became commonplace and mandated. Or even how masks were widely adopted and accepted originally and now people are extremely reluctant to go back to them after mandates were briefly dropped. You only get one chance at stuff like this. A 3rd or, god forbid, 4th dose (and so on) of the vaccine is going to be a tough sell. Not just from a personal decision standpoint, but from a logistical standpoint. And it will get even tougher with each successive booster.
We currently have a surplus of vaccines and not enough people taking them. Our initial rollout was done well enough, although I think it could have been faster. As time goes on, our logistical supply chain will only improve. I don't think logistics will be that big of a problem.

I feel like a lot of these decisions always fail to account for human nature.
The 3rd dose may not be popular, but those are the facts and facts don't care about the feelings of snowflakes.

Aesius

We currently have a surplus of vaccines and not enough people taking them. Our initial rollout was done well enough, although I think it could have been faster. As time goes on, our logistical supply chain will only improve. I don't think logistics will be that big of a problem.

The 3rd dose may not be popular, but those are the facts and facts don't care about the feelings of snowflakes.
It's not the logistics of administration sites or having the doses on hand. It's the logistics of getting people TO those sites. And getting out effective messaging that a third dose is needed.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's not the logistics of administration sites or having the doses on hand. It's the logistics of getting people TO those sites. And getting out effective messaging that a third dose is needed.
The logistics of getting people to vaccination sites should be a problem as long as it's as easy as taking a trip to your local drug store or pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart.

However, the persuasion aspect to effectively target the vocal minority of stubborn holdouts will be a problem, since it's already a problem now.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Has anyone else been enough of a masochist to read some of the Twitter comments on The Joe Rogan stories by the way?

It is baffling to me that people on social media are willing to take Rogan at his word and use his singular case as proof that such and such treatment works and use it as "proof" the vaccine is nonsense or whatever......but at the same time will naysay an FDA approved vaccine that has been thoroughly tested and been applied to great success millions of times.

I think the most egregious stuff in this case is how disingenuously it's being portrayed by the media. They haven't reported the story accurately at all. When your headline reads "Rogan took ivermectin, a horse medicine, to try to cure COVID" you know there's an agenda.

I haven't even seen a lot of people arguing what he did is proof of any kind against the vaccines, but I'm sure you'll always find idiots and/or bots on any social media platform trying to drum up drama.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think the most egregious stuff in this case is how disingenuously it's being portrayed by the media. They haven't reported the story accurately at all. When your headline reads "Rogan took ivermectin, a horse medicine, to try to cure COVID" you know there's an agenda.

I haven't even seen a lot of people arguing what he did is proof of any kind against the vaccines, but I'm sure you'll always find idiots and/or bots on any social media platform trying to drum up drama.
Is it though? I only see one headline like that in a google news search I did just now.

y66ITAW.png

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This is a good video that succinctly summarizes what's going on with Ivermenctin.

His newest video talking specifically about Joe Rogan is very good too.

CAB_Life CAB_Life he also made a very informative video about exercise and COVID, that covers a lot of the topics you hit on.

I take issue with that doctor's portrayal of what Joe said. He didn't say "I took these drugs and they worked for me." He said "I got COVID, this is what we did, and I'm currently feeling better." That is a significant difference.

Nowhere did he once say "Ivermectin made my COVID better."

He merely gave an update of what happened, what he took, and where he currently stands. If someone reads too much into that and decides to copy what he did, that's on them. You can't help stupid.

People are just looking for reasons to dunk on him because they think he's an anti-vaxer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is it though? I only see one headline like that in a google news search I did just now.

y66ITAW.png
Yes, trust me. It was all over Twitter. I saw at least a half dozen of them.

"Joe Rogan, known anti-vaxer, contracts COVID and took a horse drug Ivermectin"

all variations of that headline.

They did it because they want to get rage clicks. Both from angry people knowing they mislead, or people happy to see him sick thinking he's an anti-vaxer. They know exactly what they're doing with those headlines. And they know 75% of people don't even read articles, just headlines. So the far majority of people who read these social media headlines think Rogan got COVID and went commando and took Ivermectin on his own and took nothing else.

It's wrong and it's exactly why the term "fake news" has merit.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I take issue with that doctor's portrayal of what Joe said. He didn't say "I took these drugs and they worked for me." He said "I got COVID, this is what we did, and I'm currently feeling better." That is a significant difference.

Nowhere did he once say "Ivermectin made my COVID better."
You're really splitting hairs here, especially when Rogan at the end thanks modern medicine for pulling him out of this. Basic linguistics would suggest that the drug treatment he outlined at the beginning is being referenced.

He merely gave an update of what happened, what he took, and where he currently stands. If someone reads too much into that and decides to copy what he did, that's on them. You can't help stupid.

People are just looking for reasons to dunk on him because they think he's an anti-vaxer.
Whether he likes it or not, Rogan is a source of information for many people. With great power comes great responsibility. It's the problem with not wanting to be a role model. In reality, it's not up to the role model. It's up to the people who make them a role model. You can make disclaimers all you want, but it only absolves responsibility in the legal sense.

Yes, trust me. It was all over Twitter. I saw at least a half dozen of them.

"Joe Rogan, known anti-vaxer, contracts COVID and took a horse drug Ivermectin"

all variations of that headline.
Your initial criticism was about the media, and I gave you an example of the media. Twitter isn't the same thing. Twitter is a social media ecosystem designed to amplify tribal behavior for clicks.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You're really splitting hairs here, especially when Rogan at the end thanks modern medicine for pulling him out of this. Basic linguistics would suggest that the drug treatment he outlined at the beginning is being referenced.

Whether he likes it or not, Rogan is a source of information for many people. With great power comes great responsibility. It's the problem with not wanting to be a role model. In reality, it's not up to the role model. It's up to the people who make them a role model. You can make disclaimers all you want, but it only absolves responsibility in the legal sense.

Your initial criticism was about the media, and I gave you an example of the media. Twitter isn't the same thing. Twitter is a social media ecosystem designed to amplify tribal behavior for clicks.
But all he did was give an update on his status. He’s a public figure who puts out content. People are going to want to know what’s going on when he hasn’t uploaded a video in a while. So he gave a detailed update. That’s what pretty much everyone does. “I got COVID, here’s what I was given, here’s how I’m feeling.”

is he not supposed to tell people what happened? The criticisms are absurd. Hell, even if he didn't mention what he took, people would say “Rogan, who Isn’t vaccinated, by saying he got COVID and is feeling better is trying to suggest you don’t need the vaccine.”

people with an agenda are going to pick at whatever he says and take issue with it.

Yes, my criticism is of the media. The twitter accounts of the media networks were posting their news stories on social media knowing people will read the misleading headlines and probably not even read the story.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
But all he did was give an update on his status. He’s a public figure who puts out content. People are going to want to know what’s going on when he hasn’t uploaded a video in a while. So he gave a detailed update. That’s what pretty much everyone does. “I got COVID, here’s what I was given, here’s how I’m feeling.”

is he not supposed to tell people what happened? The criticisms are absurd. Hell, even if he didn't mention what he took, people would say “Rogan, who Isn’t vaccinated, by saying he got COVID and is feeling better is trying to suggest you don’t need the vaccine.”

people with an agenda are going to pick at whatever he says and take issue with it.

Yes, my criticism is of the media. The twitter accounts of the media networks were posting their news stories on social media knowing people will read the misleading headlines and probably not even read the story.
If you're going to reduce the situation down that much, then I could just as well say that all the doctor did was give his professional opinion about Joe's status update. People are going to want to know what's going on about a particular COVID related topic from a COVID professional. That's pretty much what everyone does. "Someone did X to treat their COVID, here's what I think about it".

Is Dr. Mike not supposed to tell people what happened?

Nobody_Important

Can you link that article please?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
New DNA vaccines approved for emergency use in India.

India has approved a new COVID vaccine that uses circular strands of DNA to prime the immune system against the virus SARS-CoV-2. Researchers have welcomed news of the first DNA vaccine for people to receive approval anywhere in the world, and say many other DNA vaccines may soon be hot on its heels.

ZyCoV-D, which is administered into the skin without an injection, has been found to be 67% protective against symptomatic COVID-19 in clinical trials, and will likely start to be administered in India this month. Although the efficacy is not particularly high compared to that of many other COVID-19 vaccines, the fact that it is a DNA vaccine is significant, say researchers.

Topically administered, not an injection.
Easier to produce than mRNA vaccines.
Easier to store than mRNA vaccines.
Less effective than mRNA vaccines.

QSD

The basic problem here, as I've always argued, is one of trust

A lot of people trust Rogan. In the end, whatever you think of Rogan, Weinstein, or any other player in this crazy vaccine/ivermectin story, people are free to place their trust where they may. A lot of the time I'm not surprised people trust these alternative media figures over every other serpentine PR representative that the government or pharma wheels out to toe the party line. As you know I placed a lot of (unwarranted, it turns out) faith in Bret Weinstein myself. In the end, one way to describe the problem would be "Government/institutional communication fails to inspire the requisite amount of trust to successfully roll out a vaccination campaign". Where the lack of trust can't just be made the fault of the hesitant. Sure, they're abnormally paranoid, but if you take a cursory glance at recent history it's not a completely unwarranted paranoia.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If you're going to reduce the situation down that much, then I could just as well say that all the doctor did was give his professional opinion about Joe's status update. People are going to want to know what's going on about a particular COVID related topic from a COVID professional. That's pretty much what everyone does. "Someone did X to treat their COVID, here's what I think about it".

Is Dr. Mike not supposed to tell people what happened?
But his gripe with Rogan isn't what he took. It's with releasing the video altogether. That's what everyone taking issue about Rogan has issue with.
Can you link that article please?
It's not an article. It's tweets put put by MSNBC, WaPo, NPR, CBS News, and other news outlets that phrased the tweets as.

Unprofessional misleading garbage. Just utter trash.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I read the headlines for those tweets and thought they must be from random twitter idiots. The mainstream media must have formed a unified cabal to decide their response to anything that goes against their agenda.
They're threatened by his influence, because his audience is way bigger than all of them, and they're trying to paint him out to be a right wing conspiracist nut.

There's a reason their headlines don't read "Joe Rogan contracted COVID, said he's feeling better" or "Joe Rogan has COVID, said he took monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, and prednisone."

It's "Joe Rogan, critic of the vaccine took ivermectin a horse drug the FDA warns not to ingest." Which btw isn't even accurate. Ivermectin can be "ingested" it just has been unproven to work for COVID and people shouldn't self-dose. They're making it sound like he took antifreeze.

These are the same outlets who have put out headlines in the past "Joe Rogan, who's had a transphobic past, said X, Y, and Z" and when you find out what he said it was simply "Trans women should not fight biological women in UFC."

They're all embarrassing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom