• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

You can go to the club in Berlin, but you can't dance. :messenger_robot:
Making out with thots is still okay tho, right?
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

sinnergy

Some excellent (but preliminary) news…

What would they say otherwise ? Work’s okayish .. no one would take a booster 🤣 which still helps enough for Delta.. it’s short term planning , for Omnikron we need booster 4 in March ..

Do you have kids? I live in a red state that opened school on time, but they had no extracurriculars like sports or band. No birthday parties. No church for a year. It was awful, and tons of kids had it worse than mine did.
I have , you know what would be bad , being in war and have bombs fall left and right and being scared of being shot dead.

while this all is very inconvenient, human kind in this age feels to me like spoiled little kids .
Our Kids will rebound , yea it costs more energy for us parents , have them home , stand up to your bosses, work from home , educate them from home , but hey , nothing comes for free in life , at least not my life , we had our share of shit the last 5 years.

what’s even more scary is that people are not scared of COVID, this whole shitshow is basically created by all layers of people in the world , even ministers .

but hey I guess we need some more years to adjust and fuck everything up!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I have a feeling the UK is headed for another lockdown.

Time for me to pull out my Covid Marshall gear and start curtain twitching again. Previous lockdown, I reported my neighbor for having a large group of people over for a gathering. I also would report people who looked like they were outside without a damn good reason. Fucking loved it.

This is actually what my neighbor told me this evening when I nipped to the car. He actually does get off to being a Covid Marshall and spying on people around the street.

chromhound

Gold Member
What would they say otherwise ? Work’s okayish .. no one would take a booster 🤣 which still helps enough for Delta.. it’s short term planning , for Omnikron we need booster 4 in March ..

I have , you know what would be bad , being in war and have bombs fall left and right and being scared of being shot dead.

while this all is very inconvenient, human kind in this age feels to me like spoiled little kids .
Our Kids will rebound , yea it costs more energy for us parents , have them home , stand up to your bosses, work from home , educate them from home , but hey , nothing comes for free in life , at least not my life , we had our share of shit the last 5 years.

what’s even more scary is that people are not scared of COVID, this whole shitshow is basically created by all layers of people in the world , even ministers .

but hey I guess we need some more years to adjust and fuck everything up!
2 shots every year... Maybe 3 lol

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Yes, that is why we have super Polio variants walking around nowadays. Wait a minute...
Polio vaccines were researched from mid 30s to mid 50s, research kept going in the 80s for more effective vaccines and it wasnt eliminated before mid 90s in america

Great comparison!

Cyberpunkd

Polio vaccines were researched from mid 30s to mid 50s, research kept going in the 80s for more effective vaccines and it wasnt eliminated before mid 90s in america

Great comparison!
Ok then, I guess thoughts and prayers - let’s keep locking down and opening for the next 20 years while we research the vaccine. In the meantime we just let old people die.

There was one time a European government liked that line of thinking…

❄️, ❄️ everywhere

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

Great comparison!

Scientific and medical knowledge (especially as it relates to infectious diseases and vaccines), and technology were virtually antiquated in comparison. You're talking about many decades prior to the Information Age, before sophisticated computing, a time when scientists the world over were unable to rapidly share information and access the results of hundreds of relevant research studies in seconds.

It's not surprising those obvious factors would be lost on you - after all, you think the US still had native polio cases as recently as the mid-90's (1979 was the last one, and one case was introduced from abroad in 1993).

Malakhov

Banned
Ok then, I guess thoughts and prayers - let’s keep locking down and opening for the next 20 years while we research the vaccine. In the meantime we just let old people die.

There was one time a European government liked that line of thinking…

❄️, ❄️ everywhere
Totally a valid reply, how am i not surprised
Scientific and medical knowledge (especially as it relates to infectious diseases and vaccines), and technology were virtually antiquated in comparison. You're talking about many decades prior to the Information Age, before sophisticated computing, a time when scientists the world over were unable to rapidly share information and access the results of hundreds of relevant research studies in seconds.

It's not surprising those obvious factors would be lost on you - after all, you think the US still had native polio cases as recently as the mid-90's (1979 was the last one, and one case was introduced from abroad in 1993).
1993, I'm shocked, not why I mentionned mid 90s, nope, not at all. It was officially eradicated from the americas in 1994, oh my, I was wrong...

Thanks for confirming what I wrote, btw

Last edited:

Ionian

I'm in ICU at the moment. I kept getting weaker until I collapsed on concrete and was lifted on a trolley onto an ambulance an into ICU. I'm early 40's. It's pure torture. Dr's come and go with drugs drips and tests, isolated room with nothing to do.

I wouldn't wish this on an enemy, I can walk one minute and feel like I'm about to collapse the next. Practically in the dark here. It's no joke for some people. No visitors, no nothing. Docs might re-emerge if lucky to put you on another drip that makes you want to piss yourself only you have to get their attention to disconnect. It's crazy.

sinnergy

I'm in ICU at the moment. I kept getting weaker until I collapsed on concrete and was lifted on a trolley onto an ambulance an into ICU. I'm early 40's. It's pure torture. Dr's come and go with drugs drips and tests, isolated room with nothing to do.

I wouldn't wish this on an enemy, I can walk one minute and feel like I'm about to collapse the next. Practically in the dark here. It's no joke for some people. No visitors, no nothing. Docs might re-emerge if lucky to put you on another drip that makes you want to piss yourself only you have to get their attention to disconnect. It's crazy.
But for some it’s just flu …bro .. haven’t you heard?
We do this together, hope you get well soon!
For others obey the rules , social distance, wash your hands often , wear masks etc..

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Hang in there, bro.

Ionian

For others obey the rules , social distance, wash your hands often , wear masks etc..
Oh I know you're joking but this sure as hell ain't flu, certainly not whatever one I have. It's scary shit when you feel OK for a bit and then it worsens and that's under docs supervision. Feels like my bodies decaying, then is fine and then Boom! Even worse again, can't see any family or anything. It's like. A jail cell. I have an armband I have to hide if I want to leave the ward for anything.

sinnergy

Oh I know you're joking but this sure as hell ain't flu, certainly not whatever one I have. It's scary shit when you feel OK for a bit and then it worsens and that's under docs supervision. Feels like my bodies decaying, then is fine and then Boom! Even worse again, can't see any family or anything. It's like. A jail cell. I have an armband I have to hide if I want to leave the ward for anything.
Yeah , hang in there man ! You are in good hands !

ntropy

so what are the doctors treating you with?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just hang in there. You'll be okay. Just be sure to follow the doctor's orders.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Lex Fridman's latest episode with Jamie Metzl is about a thorough as deep a dive on the origins of COVID as I've ever heard. It's about 5 hours and they cover everything from the lab leak hypothesis to Fauci, to the CCP's cover up and complicity, etc, to how it could've gotten out if it were a lab leak, with nuance and bi-partisanship.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Jesus man sounds like a world of shit, hope you pull through

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
God I love The Onion lol

The elite at Burlington Coat Factory think they can convince us that parkas and down jackets can protect us from the quote-unquote ‘chilliness,’ but we know better than that,” said rally attendee Leigh Stanton, who accused the retail chain of fear-mongering over dangerously cold temperatures to control Americans and restrict their mobility with thick layers and big puffy sleeves.

Last edited:
Never understood that. A bad flu is way worse than mild covid.
Bad covid is even worse than that.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Lex Fridman's latest episode with Jamie Metzl is about a thorough as deep a dive on the origins of COVID as I've ever heard. It's about 5 hours and they cover everything from the lab leak hypothesis to Fauci, to the CCP's cover up and complicity, etc, to how it could've gotten out if it were a lab leak, with nuance and bi-partisanship.
LOOOOVE Jamie metzl ❤️
Josh rogin is someone else Ive been very impressed with on this topic.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
LOOOOVE Jamie metzl ❤️
Josh rogin is someone else Ive been very impressed with on this topic.
He believes very strongly it came from the lab and he was not shy about laying into the CCP for everything they did to spark the pandemic. And he was critical of Peter Daszak as well.

Cyberpunkd

The things some people spend their time on…

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The things some people spend their time on…
Are you referring to Lex, Jamie, or whoever listened to the 5 hour podcast?

If it's the latter, I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think I've ever listened to a podcast without doing something else. I'd venture to guess most people don't either. Podcasts are the ultimate multi-task form of media. I listen when exercising, driving, gaming, and taking a shit.

Top Bottom