• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Jaysen

Banned
Our hero, ladies and gentlemen. Being an asshole to save lives. Captain Douche.

You should try getting your point across in a way that actually isn’t just you repeatedly calling people stupid. Once and a while, maybe. But you literally just call everyone stupid. It’s your go-to response. Not everyone has to agree with you. That guy doesn’t believe in the vaccine? So what? You think he’s in here changing hearts and minds? You can tell someone you disagree with them without acting like a child.
Look how brave you are calling out a lowly forum member. Yet you can’t direct that ire at people purposefully spreading misinformation. I wonder why that is. Hmmmm

ManaByte

Gold Member
Look how brave you are calling out a lowly forum member. Yet you can’t direct that ire at people purposefully spreading misinformation. I wonder why that is. Hmmmm

I think anyone purposely spreading anti-vax misinformation from a position of authority (verified social media account, doctor, pastor, TV pundent, politician, influencer) should be jailed for voluntary manslaughter. A few of those and anti-vax bullshit will dry up quick.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
And now there is the additional risk of getting a dangerous but not normally life threatening disease while all the hospitals are full. Full of people who had the choice to not be so ill but thought otherwise.

In the end, regardless of measures, compliance and enforcement, most people will start to adjust theior behaviour once they see the hospitals filling up. Or if you're in a very poor nation where going to a hospital would never be an option for you anyway, bodies piling up at the overwehelmed cemetaries and crematoria.

We're not even close to our hospitals being full. Well maybe in some townships, but not as a country.

v71udGa.jpg

I think it's rather unlikely we will get to our previous winter peak. We're probably about 4 ~ 5 weeks behind the UK with our Delta wave, but I imagine it will follow a similar pattern. We'll see.

MjxqxIB.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

butbutbutbut Israel.

Oh hell yeah, let's just use the entire fully vaccinated population as the denominator as if they were all exposed equally in this very brief window!

TJu5Nxg.jpg

And this is the great Delta surge in context that already appears to be leveling off...

CVVpeII.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I generally ignore them and give the advice I believe is correct; which is that people should be vaccinated. Being a jerk doesn’t get people to agree with you. It is counterproductive. I just don’t see a lot of anti vax people calling vaccinated people idiots or hoping bad things happen to them. They’re usually just complaining about governments and pharmaceutical companies, which I actually consider less destructive in terms of societal cohesion. 70% of American adults are vaccinated. That’s really good.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
So coronovirus is spreading at work, 3 cases so far this week, and everyone of them were vaccinated. Not one nonvaccinated person has so far exhibited any symptoms at all. And people wonder why we are passing on this "vaccine" and I use that term lightly since this really isn't a vaccine at all. It's just a flu shot and little more. Vaccines are by definition suppose to build a complete immunal response to the targeted viral infection, not half ass work and still allow you to get the virus. Imagine if the polio or small pox vaccine had worked this half assed. I'm not even sure how you are suppose to achieve herd immunity with a vaccine with such a high failure rate.

jw is that you in your avatar?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I call people who willfully spread misinformation in a sad stupid attempt to get others hurt morons. Dangerous morons. There’s not two sides here. There’s people smart enough to know the vaccine is the way out of this, and then there’s idiots.

You're like the definition of the NPC meme that gets angry when presented with anything contrary to your programming. If it's not "Get the jab. Do your part." then it's misinformation to you. You're delusional and lack the ability to comprehend what is going on in the world if you think that even 100% global vaccination is "the way out." It's certainly the way to something, but not back to normal.

Jaysen

Banned
You're like the definition of the NPC meme that gets angry when presented with anything contrary to your programming. If it's not "Get the jab. Do your part." then it's misinformation to you. You're delusional and lack the ability to comprehend what is going on in the world if you think that even 100% global vaccination is "the way out." It's certainly the way to something, but not back to normal.
Why aren’t the people who call out the science of the vaccine calling out the science behind the miracle cures? It’s almost like there’s an agenda at play.

FunkMiller

So coronovirus is spreading at work, 3 cases so far this week, and everyone of them were vaccinated. Not one nonvaccinated person has so far exhibited any symptoms at all. And people wonder why we are passing on this "vaccine" and I use that term lightly since this really isn't a vaccine at all. It's just a flu shot and little more. Vaccines are by definition suppose to build a complete immunal response to the targeted viral infection, not half ass work and still allow you to get the virus. Imagine if the polio or small pox vaccine had worked this half assed. I'm not even sure how you are suppose to achieve herd immunity with a vaccine with such a high failure rate.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Report #19 (data through the 9th of July) is now out.

Report #​
Delta CasesVacc1 CasesVacc2 CasesUnvacc CasesTotal Delta DeathsVacc1 DeathsVacc2 DeathsUnvacc Deaths
16​
60624​
13555​
4087​
35521​
73​
11​
26​
34​
17​
92029​
19957​
7235​
53822​
109​
18​
50​
38​
18​
123620​
26495​
10834​
71932​
257​
45​
118​
92​
19​
229218​
54091​
28773​
121402​
460​
65​
224​
165​
Increase
105598​
27596​
17939​
49470​
203​
20​
106​
73​
Increase %
115%​
138%​
248%​
92%​
186%​
111%​
212%​
192%​

Those with two doses now make up approximately half of Delta deaths among people who received emergency care in England, with the total percentage of those dying to Delta who have some level of vaccination now at over 60%.

Report #20 (data through 2nd of August) from England is now out.

Item
Delta Cases
1-Dose Cases
2-Dose Cases
Unvaccinated Cases
Total Delta Deaths
1-Dose Deaths
2-Dose Deaths
Unvaccinated Deaths
Report 16
60624​
13555​
4087​
35521​
73​
11​
26​
34​
Report 17
92029​
19957​
7235​
53822​
109​
18​
50​
38​
Report 18
123620​
26495​
10834​
71932​
257​
45​
118​
92​
Report 19
229218​
54091​
28773​
121402​
460​
65​
224​
165​
Report 20
300010​
70107​
47008​
151054​
742​
79​
402​
253​
<50 Totals
265749​
64271​
25536​
147612​
71​
8​
13​
48​
>50 Totals
33736​
5835​
21472​
3440​
670​
71​
389​
205​
<50 Rate
88.58%​
24.18%​
9.61%​
55.55%​
9.57%​
11.27%​
18.31%​
67.61%​
>50 Rate
11.24%​
17.30%​
63.65%​
10.20%​
90.30%​
10.60%​
58.06%​
30.60%​
Increase
70792​
16016​
18235​
29652​
282​
14​
178​
88​
Increase %
31%​
30%​
63%​
24%​
61%​
22%​
79%​
53%​

As expected from early symptom reporting app data, the vaccinated cases and deaths continue to rise at a higher rate than the unvaccinated, but overall England is on its way out of this wave. Remember that this is just looking at those who had emergency care attendance (including those who visited a hospital but did not stay overnight), so the actual number of infections and community spread is obviously going to be a lot higher, especially if the vaccinated are less likely to exhibit serious symptoms.

Some other data:
  • Of those <50 and fully vaccinated, 25,536 received emergency care and 13 died, or 0.05091%.
  • Of those <50 and unvaccinated, 147,612 received emergency care and 48 died, or 0.03252%.
  • Of those >50 and fully vaccinated, 21,472 received emergency care and 389 died, or 1.81166%.
  • Of those >50 and unvaccinated, 3,440 received emergency care and 205 died, or 5.95930%.
Also of note from the presentation materials that backs up what the CDC was hinting at the other day:

1.7.1. Comparison of viral load Ct by vaccination status In the NHS Test and Trace (NHSTT) case data, the mean and median lowest Ct values for all cases with Delta, where Ct data are available, since the 14 June 2021 are similar, with a median of 17.8 for unvaccinated and 18.0 for those with 2 vaccine doses (Figure 12). This means that whilst vaccination may reduce an individual’s overall risk of becoming infected, once they are infected there is limited difference in viral load (and Ct values) between those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated. Given they have similar Ct values, this suggests limited difference in infectiousness. To note, this analysis is undertaken on case data and are not age-stratified. Findings can be influenced by test-seeking behaviour, as well as true changes in the data, for example the age distribution of cases, which can also influence Ct values.

Loki

Count of Concision
Report #20 (data through 2nd of August) from England is now out.

Item
Delta Cases
1-Dose Cases
2-Dose Cases
Unvaccinated Cases
Total Delta Deaths
1-Dose Deaths
2-Dose Deaths
Unvaccinated Deaths
Report 16
60624​
13555​
4087​
35521​
73​
11​
26​
34​
Report 17
92029​
19957​
7235​
53822​
109​
18​
50​
38​
Report 18
123620​
26495​
10834​
71932​
257​
45​
118​
92​
Report 19
229218​
54091​
28773​
121402​
460​
65​
224​
165​
Report 20
300010​
70107​
47008​
151054​
742​
79​
402​
253​
<50 Totals
265749​
64271​
25536​
147612​
71​
8​
13​
48​
>50 Totals
33736​
5835​
21472​
3440​
670​
71​
389​
205​
<50 Rate
115.94%​
24.18%​
9.61%​
55.55%​
15.43%​
11.27%​
18.31%​
67.61%​
>50 Rate
12.69%​
17.30%​
63.65%​
10.20%​
145.65%​
10.60%​
58.06%​
30.60%​
Increase
70792​
16016​
18235​
29652​
282​
14​
178​
88​
Increase %
31%​
30%​
63%​
24%​
61%​
22%​
79%​
53%​

As expected from early symptom reporting app data, the vaccinated cases and deaths continue to rise at a higher rate than the unvaccinated, but overall England is on its way out of this wave. Remember that this is just looking at those who had emergency care attendance (including those who visited a hospital but did not stay overnight), so the actual number of infections and community spread is obviously going to be a lot higher, especially if the vaccinated are less likely to exhibit serious symptoms.

Some other data:
  • Of those <50 and fully vaccinated, 25,536 received emergency care and 13 died, or 0.05091%.
  • Of those <50 and unvaccinated, 147,612 received emergency care and 48 died, or 0.03252%.
  • Of those >50 and fully vaccinated, 21,472 received emergency care and 389 died, or 1.81166%.
  • Of those >50 and unvaccinated, 3,440 received emergency care and 205 died, or 5.95930%.

The clarity and manner of presentation of this data shames the garbage the US/CDC has been putting out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren’t the people who call out the science of the vaccine calling out the science behind the miracle cures? It’s almost like there’s an agenda at play.

It's quite fascinating to me that you view some relatively small figures online speculating about stuff like hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin as the ones with an "agenda" even though they are frequently censored, deplatformed, and pushed into the seedier corners of the Internet. Meanwhile, you have the entire state apparatus and its media allies, as well as almost all prominent corporations (including those who stand to make unheard of profits) pushing vaccination as the only way out of this and stifling any conversation to the contrary regardless of what revelations come in from around the world.

Yeah, I'd say there is an agenda at play, but I think we see this in completely opposite ways.

Dude none of us here likely have enough scientific understanding to make any broad claims about any of this stuff. We all decide to trust different people. I don’t know how much the vaccines are helping, I just know once we started giving them to the nursing home patients where I live, we stopped getting really sick covid patients from the nursing homes. We had been getting a pretty steady flow of them for several months and all of the sudden we stopped getting them.

That’s what I tell people who I am trying to convince to get the vaccines. That’s what I told my dad, who was hesitant at first, but got his first shot 2 weeks ago. People trust what they see. Berating them doesn’t make them more likely to come around. And it doesn’t make you look good. It makes you yourself look deranged.

Thaedolus

It's quite fascinating to me that you view some relatively small figures online speculating about stuff like hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin as the ones with an "agenda" even though they are frequently censored, deplatformed, and pushed into the seedier corners of the Internet. Meanwhile, you have the entire state apparatus and its media allies, as well as almost all prominent corporations (including those who stand to make unheard of profits) pushing vaccination as the only way out of this and stifling any conversation to the contrary regardless of what revelations come in from around the world.

Yeah, I'd say there is an agenda at play, but I think we see this in completely opposite ways.
Agenda or greed, but the grift is real. Certain people are financially incentivized to keep this “what are they not telling you?!?!” or “big tech is censoring me!!!” charade going. Brett Weinstein has in particular been a huge disappointment, since he’s a smart guy but appears to be stuck in that sort of schtick lately, and you can basically guess what he’s going to say before he says it now. And he’s said some things about the regulatory process I know are flat out wrong because he’s out of his lane (and in mine, funnily enough) on the topic. It’s hard to say if his head is stuck up his own ass and he thinks he knows more than he does, or if he’s just riding the wave for money.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Agenda or greed, but the grift is real. Certain people are financially incentivized to keep this “what are they not telling you?!?!” or “big tech is censoring me!!!” charade going. Brett Weinstein has in particular been a huge disappointment, since he’s a smart guy but appears to be stuck in that sort of schtick lately, and you can basically guess what he’s going to say before he says it now. And he’s said some things about the regulatory process I know are flat out wrong because he’s out of his lane (and in mine, funnily enough) on the topic. It’s hard to say if his head is stuck up his own ass and he thinks he knows more than he does, or if he’s just riding the wave for money.

Pandering to ahem, certain demographics is an industry on itself. There's a cottage industriy with economic interests pushing these ideas.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

By getting his YouTube channel demonetized? Who knows, maybe he's making more now from donations or something, but I kind of doubt it.

My point is that these small-time so-called "grifters" are not making much of an impact at all in comparison to the massive monolith of state power + media + big tech + corporate spending.

RAÏSanÏa

Occam's Razor.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit, looks like Novavax may not be getting approved in the US any time soon (or possible at all).

Thaedolus

By getting his YouTube channel demonetized? Who knows, maybe he's making more now from donations or something, but I kind of doubt it.

My point is that these small-time so-called "grifters" are not making much of an impact at all in comparison to the massive monolith of state power + media + big tech + corporate spending.
He’s been on Bill Maher and Joe Rogan, I think you’re underplaying his reach and ability to make money.

Edit RE: Novavax: shows the regulatory process is working if their mfg process wasn’t up to snuff

Last edited:

vpance

So is grifter the new more palatable form of "he's a Nazi"? lol

Only other place I've seen it used as much is on Ree.

Toons

Are you under the delusion that this virus is ever going away? Or are you advocating for whatever restrictions you think will control the virus to last forever? Because if there is one thing we have seen for certain, it’s that the day you relax the rules, the virus is going to do what it does. So any temporary rules you lay down will only yield temporary results.

You’re going to have to get comfortable with the possibility you could get covid. Assuming your aren’t over 50 and unhealthy, your chancesof needing a hospital or dying were already low. With the vaccine, they are exceedingly low. At this point, covid is a fact of life. Anyone looking for political or public health leaders to get rid of that fact are giving power to people who don’t actually have the ability to solve the problem.

No, I dont think its going away. That's not the point. The point is to prevent it from spreading further and mutating to a form more difficult to handle to the extent possible, and to save lives in the present. We are very much still in the beginning stages of controlling something like this long term. It takes far more than a year and 5 months to achieve that. So no, they don't need to last forever but we aren't at a point yet where this is nearly controlled enough where we can let it do what it does. Other viruses and plagues have taken a few years if not several to completely handle, and that was with less people and even less means of spreading.

Masks and vaccines are the best way to work towards that goal for what you're talking about because we've already seen this year that easing the restrictions too early has caused small measures of bounce back

RAÏSanÏa

Yes, and I would argue that greed, money, and power provide quite a simple explanation.
Or educated people in their democracies are doing the best they can to help their nations in a complex situation.

All the complex agenda of paranoia is simply antivaxxer FUD regarding vaccines that is spewed out on a daily basis to undermine scientifically supported health initiates.

It's not an agenda by the state. It's the public health response.

Crazy how Weinstein, the guy who originally floated the idea of the lab leak hypothesis, was called a lunatic conspiracy theorist until the government/media begrudgingly admitted it was the most likely scenario. And once again, he has opinions that don't match the mainstream narrative and continues to have his name smeared using the exact same tactics as before.

I'm not saying he's right, I don't watch his podcast so I don't know everything he is putting out there. But I wouldn't outright dismiss the guy considering he was right before, and I would definitely be suspicious of the alternate viewpoints running the same play out of the censorship play book that they used earlier.

Thaedolus

Crazy how Weinstein, the guy who originally floated the idea of the lab leak hypothesis, was called a lunatic conspiracy theorist until the government/media begrudgingly admitted it was the most likely scenario. And once again, he has opinions that don't match the mainstream narrative and continues to have his name smeared using the exact same tactics as before.

I'm not saying he's right, I don't watch his podcast so I don't know everything he is putting out there. But I wouldn't outright dismiss the guy considering he was right before, and I would definitely be suspicious of the alternate viewpoints running the same play out of the censorship play book that they used earlier.

Weinstein certainly knows more about virology than I do, and he’s right that it’s ridiculous that the suggestions it’s a lab leak are being immediately quashed by the powers that be, but I don’t think anything has vindicated him in that regard. It’s still up for debate as far as I know, and it’s a moot point when it comes to therapeutics and risk mitigation, where he predictably falls in line with the “what about this other stuff the media won’t tell you about???” grifters.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Just read Australia is finally giving up on that stupid 0 Covid bullshit, maybe Australian can finally live normally and not be subjected to some perverted power trip of their officials.

Can you point me to where you read that, please?

It's a hopelessly stupid strategy. Always has been. But they fucked up vaccine procurement so badly, they've had no other choice. Scotty From Marketing strikes again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Or educated people in their democracies are doing the best they can to help their nations in a complex situation.

All the complex agenda of paranoia is simply antivaxxer FUD regarding vaccines that is spewed out on a daily basis to undermine scientifically supported health initiates.

It's not an agenda by the state. It's the public health response.

Powerful people utilizing their position to seize more power and enrich themselves is not a complex agenda. It is a consistent pattern of behavior that we have seen repeat countless times throughout history. Suspecting it might be the case again is not an unfounded conspiracy theory.

Especially when we see, time and time again throughout this pandemic, that we are being led by compromised individuals who will happily lie to the public if they think it's beneficial, like Dr. Fauci, who may have even been directly involved in starting this damn pandemic.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cuomo fails to adequately qualify his statements therefore how can we know what’s real?

1. That was not a failure to qualify a statement. He said unequivocally that the vaccinated should have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated. I agree.
2. It was about not trusting what government officials say (right up to our president), not about knowing what may or may not be real.

Congrats everyone. We did it!

107% fully vaccinated! Yay!

In all seriousness, that's a pretty tame mistake, though. He probably just meant "doses administered."

RAÏSanÏa

Powerful people utilizing their position to seize more power and enrich themselves is not a complex agenda. It's something that happens time and time again throughout history. Suspecting it might be the case again is not an unfounded conspiracy theory.

Especially when we see, time and time again throughout this pandemic, that we are being led by compromised individuals who will happily lie to the public if they think it's beneficial, like Dr. Fauci, who may have even been directly involved in starting this damn pandemic.
That's slipping into assumptions to support your paranoia.

That isn't to say there isn't corruption, that's why regulation and oversight is important.

Thaedolus

1. That was not a failure to qualify a statement. He said unequivocally that the vaccinated should have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated. I agree.

he should have qualified his statements with “as far as we know” or “to the best of our knowledge today” and it would’ve been fine, and true. And as a vaccinated person I can apparently still transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, so that’s a problem with people who can get vaccinated not doing their part for those who can’t, like my children or immunocompromised employee, or my sister who’s on the deluded anti vax spectrum.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
he should have qualified his statements with “as far as we know” or “to the best of our knowledge today” and it would’ve been fine, and true. And as a vaccinated person I can apparently still transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, so that’s a problem with people who can get vaccinated not doing their part for those who can’t, like my children or immunocompromised employee, or my sister who’s on the deluded anti vax spectrum.

The only thing that has changed, though, is that now vaccinated people have more to fear of other vaccinated people. So why does that lead to vaccine mandates?

Thaedolus

The only thing that has changed, though, is that now vaccinated people have more to fear of other vaccinated people. So why does that lead to vaccine mandates?
What changed was our information about how the virus spreads as the population becomes more vaccinated, how well the OG vaccine immunity deals with Delta, and how that affects other groups. Public officials are dealing with moving targets, if they miss here and there or the underlying information they have changes as we learn more, it’s no reason to flip the table over and go to snake oil salesmen for advice.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Woop woop. Vaccines work.

Could you walk me through your logic on that one? When the Delta wave in the UK really began in mid-June, around 45% of the population was fully vaccinated. Cases then exploded and peaked on July 17 when 53% of the population was fully vaccinated. Today 57% of the population is fully vaccinated.

That 8 percentage point difference from the onset to the peak is what turned things around? Interesting.

and go to snake oil salesmen for advice.

These kind of baseless accusations really need to stop.

Singular7

- vaccinated have nothing to fear, as stated above "they worK"
- unvaccinated are making an individual choice not to have a medical procedure

What else is there to say? Screeching and fear with forced medical procedures or just accept it?

99.7% survival without a vaccine. Higher if you're under 60 and healthy. Keep repeating that in case you are arguing that I should be fired from my job, barred from the economy, and deleted from the internet.

99.7% survival without a vaccine.

Why is this a global 2 year psychological meltdown?

----------

Delta variant -- how is this being identified? Symptoms? We can't test for it, that I'm aware of; didn't CA just state in official court documents that we haven't even isolated the alpha variant?

Last edited:
- vaccinated have nothing to fear, as stated above "they worK"
- unvaccinated are making an individual choice not to have a medical procedure

What else is there to say? Screeching and fear with forced medical procedures or just accept it?

99.7% survival without a vaccine. Higher if you're under 60 and healthy. Keep repeating that in case you are arguing that I should be fired from my job, barred from the economy, and deleted from the internet.

If everyone gets vaccinated there is no control group, therefore they can make up anything they want about the effectiveness of vaccines, as well as whether or not there were harmful long term effects. Also, without a boogeyman to fight, they are lost. Everything must be someone's fault, and they all got vaccinated so if anything happens it must be someone else's fault, that's where the unvaccinated come in. It couldn't be that by funding gain a function research we opened Pandora's box and no one really knows what will happen, and we might have very limited control at this point.

If you acknowledge gain a function research might have unleashed a virus that changed our world, and that due to the artificial means by which it came into existence, we don't have a proper playbook for what it might do, and it might kill millions in the future even if it's harmless today, that has all kinds of implications about our scientific community and whether or not they should be allowed to operate so freely. Maybe instead of worrying about gun control, we should have been worrying about nerd control all of this time.

FunkMiller

Could you walk me through your logic on that one? When the Delta wave in the UK really began in mid-June, around 45% of the population was fully vaccinated. Cases then exploded and peaked on July 17 when 53% of the population was fully vaccinated. Today 57% of the population is fully vaccinated.

That 8 percentage point difference from the onset to the peak is what turned things around? Interesting.

What else would you say is the reason? We unlocked completely on July 19th. Delta is highly infectious and highly transmissible. Yet with no lockdown measures, our R rate has started falling, as our vaccination rates continue to escalate (78% of all adults vaccinated). We’ve had multiple large scale mass gatherings, full freedom of movement, and a completely open nation for weeks now. And yet cases have stabilised and the R Rate has fallen. Against, as I say, the most virulent strain of the virus so far. What else is the explanation?

What else would you say is the reason? We unlocked completely on July 19th. Delta is highly infectious and highly transmissible. Yet with no lockdown measures, our R rate has started falling, as our vaccination rates continue to escalate (78% of all adults vaccinated). We’ve had multiple large scale mass gatherings, full freedom of movement, and a completely open nation for weeks now. And yet cases have stabilised and the R Rate has fallen. Against, as I say, the most virulent strain of the virus so far. What else is the explanation?
I agree that it’s vaccinations combined with natural immunity. There isn’t another great explanation.

sackings

As soon as people stop pumping hydroxychloroquine and that other drug as effective/alternatives to vaccination, sure.
Heres the thing, it doesnt have to be one or the other. Both should be considered effective tools. This whole idea that covid is some magical virus that conventional drugs are ineffective against, is lunacy. Problem for Big Pharma is, they cant distribute their vaccine with EUA if there is a viable alternative treatment. Hence why they will not even entertain an alternative treatment. Guess why regeneron is allowed? Because it makes them fucking money

FunkMiller

Heres the thing, it doesnt have to be one or the other. Both should be considered effective tools. This whole idea that covid is some magical virus that conventional drugs are ineffective against, is lunacy. Problem for Big Pharma is, they cant distribute their vaccine with EUA if there is a viable alternative treatment. Hence why they will not even entertain an alternative treatment. Guess why regeneron is allowed? Because it makes them fucking money

Hydroxi isn’t cleared in the UK for use on covid. Still in trials phase. It’s not a viable treatment. Covid vaccines cleared. Viable and proven.

Our healthcare is free.

AstraZeneca is produced at cost.

Hydroxi is experimental. I thought people who didn’t like the vaccines were against experimental treatments?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chloroquine-and-hydroxychloroquine-not-licensed-for-coronavirus-covid-19-treatment#:~:text=Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine not licensed,-19) treatment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom