• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 |OT| of Orbs, Freaks, and Exploding Pedestrians

Mairu

Why For? said:
I foudn some in the toilet undergroud through the chimney next to Agency Tower.

Does anyone have that achievement? Leaping down the chimney from Agency Tower and surviving? When I use the glide i survive, but don't get the achievement, but when I DON'T use the glide, I always die when I land in the toilet.
I tried the same thing and had the same issue. Died without wingsuit, no achievement with wingsuit

Vorg

Banned
So guys, I've been replaying Crackdown 1 and while it's still an amazing experience, it's a real hassle to level up the driving. Is there an easier way than just looking for criminals and try to run them over? I didn't bother to level up the driving the first time I finished it. Are the benefits worth it? What are they, exactly?

NH Apache

Banned
I'm trying to capture a tactical location and no one is coming. It tells me that I can't move away from it or it'll fail. Has this happened to anyone else?

theultimo

NH Apache said:
I'm trying to capture a tactical location and no one is coming. It tells me that I can't move away from it or it'll fail. Has this happened to anyone else?
Keep looking around, its kinda flaky where they are sometimes.

goldenpp72

NH Apache said:

Is it next to a giant building?

goldenpp72

NH Apache said:
Yes! I can see them on radar, but it looks like they are on top of the building. I can't get up there or else itll fail me out.

You have to make your way up the building, I did it with a level 4 agility but I had to use buildings on the left, some people report this makes it time out but it didn't for me. If it is a bug, I guess either get level 5 agility so you can climb it directly, or do co op. I thought that one was pretty stupid too since it comes off as.. poorly thought out.

NH Apache

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
You have to make your way up the building, I did it with a level 4 agility but I had to use buildings on the left, some people report this makes it time out but it didn't for me. If it is a bug, I guess either get level 5 agility so you can climb it directly, or do co op. I thought that one was pretty stupid too since it comes off as.. poorly thought out.

AH. I'm a four as well. I'll give it a shot. Although I have no ammo left from mucking around in the meantime.

edit: wow, that was poorly done. But I did it!

Why For?

Banned
NH Apache said:

Yep.

Shai Gen in front of the massive building yeah?

Why For?

Banned
NH Apache said:
Thanks, finally got it. Taking a break after a 6.5 hour play session. I freaking love it. So good.

So you DO have to climb the buildings?

That inda sucks. Will have to have a crack when I get home.

goldenpp72

Why For? said:
So you DO have to climb the buildings?

That inda sucks. Will have to have a crack when I get home.

Yeah I stood in front of the building on like 5 different occasions running around in circles while the agency boss dude kept bitching over and over about not leaving the area, and the areas on the building itself don't have low enough areas to grab onto at level 4, so I went to the left where the metal railings and plantish shit was and made my way up.

I mean it was fun to do but it felt a bit broken.

NH Apache

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
Yeah I stood in front of the building on like 5 different occasions running around in circles while the agency boss dude kept bitching over and over about not leaving the area, and the areas on the building itself don't have low enough areas to grab onto at level 4, so I went to the left where the metal railings and plantish shit was and made my way up.

I mean it was fun to do but it felt a bit broken.
Yeah, you have to get on the rigging. Why would they have a leave the area thing if they want you to go up? Sigh.

Other than that, fuck awesome. Totally did not expect
big muthafucking freak to come at me and attack the super uv freak killer. Jesus that thing was hard.

I'm playing on easy and I have died a few times already.

soldat7

Is there no jukebox in Crackdown 2? The soundtrack is excellent (A+ TheListener). Also, I'm not seeing the names of the songs when I switch stations, which is a bummer. I'd like to know which songs are which.

Good gosh the more I level up the more amazing this game becomes.

GhaleonEB

Why For? said:
Yep.

Shai Gen in front of the massive building yeah?
I had one of the first tactical locations disappear on me last night. There's three on the southern island off to the west, in a row. The middle one disappeared after I captured it. The chopper came down, the agency dudes, and they're all camped out. But no marker on the ground or on my radar any longer.

soldat7

GhaleonEB said:
I had one of the first tactical locations disappear on me last night. There's three on the southern island off to the west, in a row. The middle one disappeared after I captured it. The chopper came down, the agency dudes, and they're all camped out. But no marker on the ground or on my radar any longer.

Is there supposed to be a tactical location for each Cell stronghold you clear? Cause I've had a few missing as well, if that's the case.

GhaleonEB

soldat7 said:
Is there supposed to be a tactical location for each Cell stronghold you clear? Cause I've had a few missing as well, if that's the case.
I assumed so - the announcer keeps calling them tactical locations, and I got to it by filtering and marking them on my map. All the others had the red Cell marker replaced with the Agency's white one on my map, except for that one. I think it's a bug.

theultimo

GhaleonEB said:
I assumed so - the announcer keeps calling them tactical locations, and I got to it by filtering and marking them on my map. All the others had the red Cell marker replaced with the Agency's white one on my map, except for that one. I think it's a bug.
There are some which get taken by Cell again if you do not get both or all 3 of them.

But it sounds like a bug, as I have them.

soldat7 said:
Is there no jukebox in Crackdown 2? The soundtrack is excellent (A+ TheListener). Also, I'm not seeing the names of the songs when I switch stations, which is a bummer. I'd like to know which songs are which.

Good gosh the more I level up the more amazing this game becomes.

Cool, glad you like it. Sorry we didn't put the track listing up in the HUD this time. It was not required in the contracts so we opted not to do it. But there is some hidden functionality for the radios that we carried over from CD1. Shoulder buttons skip tracks and D Pad left and right changes the volume.

theultimo

TheListener said:
Cool, glad you like it. Sorry we didn't put the track listing up in the HUD this time. It was not required in the contracts so we opted not to do it. But there is some hidden functionality for the radios that we carried over from CD1. Shoulder buttons skip tracks and D Pad left and right changes the volume.
If you released the soundtrack ie Vice city, I would buy 10 copies and other people would as well. It's a nice soundtrack, is in only in vehicles though?

Why For?

Banned
Ghal.

Sometimes they only appear AFTER you've taken the necessary locations.

Ususally you need to take 2 before they both appear there. It's weird, but it actualyl tells you that's how it works.

Notice when you take one it says 1/2 taken. You need ot take both before the marker shows in SOME cases.

theultimo said:
If you released the soundtrack ie Vice city, I would buy 10 copies and other people would as well. It's a nice soundtrack, is in only in vehicles though?

The licensed music is in vehicles and world locations. The music is used to define who controls the area you're in. The original score is everywhere, as appropriate. Would you guys want the ability to play the Cell/Civ/Agency tracks like a custom soundtrack? Or do you prefer the world + cinematic feel?

Crackdown 2 is like two completely different games

1. Level 1-4

2. Level 5-6 (aka, God Tier)

Once you reach Level 5, specifically in agility and strength, man, you feel more like a superhero than Crackdown 1 ever made you feel. Gliding, SMASHING people with objects, bull rushing through enemies, and using the Agency Helicopter is just SO much fun.

TheListener said:
The licensed music is in vehicles and world locations. The music is used to define who controls the area you're in. The original score is everywhere, as appropriate. Would you guys want the ability to play the Cell/Civ/Agency tracks like a custom soundtrack? Or do you prefer the world + cinematic feel?

I don't need music while I'm running around on foot except for the appropriate Day/Night/etc. themes but I DO want the soundtrack in the AGENCY VEHICLES though as those are what I'm in 95% of the time. Those don't have a radio correct? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I never hear the soundtrack in those vehicles.

NH Apache

Banned
TheListener said:

If there was an option to switch, OMG.

Sometimes, you are in a mood for partying, sometimes quiet exploring...imo

theultimo

TheListener said:
I like how the music kicks in as you are about to die, but having the option to listen to the licensed tracks while playing in a custom list would be a good change sometimes.

soldat7

TheListener said:

Dude, dude, dude...I've been wanting my agent to sport a personal mp3 player for a looong time now. When you get down to those last several dozen orbs, I would especially love the option to toggle the music. I would love leaping around Pacific City with some extra tunes in my back pocket.

A great example of this is the recent MGS Peace Walker. There's a Walkman in the game and it's great playing through the campaign without it, but when you're grinding or farming, it's great to have some soundtrack choices.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You know what the agent needs more then an MP3 player? A god damned flash light. So many pitch black alleys and corners where you literally see nothing but blackness.

theultimo

Sinatar said:
You know what the agent needs more then an MP3 player? A god damned flash light. So many pitch black alleys and corners where you literally see nothing but blackness.
Agent Alan Wake in, Crackdown Falls.

There is a way to adjust the brightness however.

And MGS4/Peace walker is a great way of adding custom soundtracks.

Raxus

Why For? said:
I foudn some in the toilet undergroud through the chimney next to Agency Tower.

Does anyone have that achievement? Leaping down the chimney from Agency Tower and surviving? When I use the glide i survive, but don't get the achievement, but when I DON'T use the glide, I always die when I land in the toilet.
You have to beat the game in order to unlock the full height of the tower, this enables you to earn the achievement, landing in the toilet gives it to you but you will probably die anyway.

Why For?

Banned
Raxus said:
You have to beat the game in order to unlock the full height of the tower, this enables you to earn the achievement, landing in the toilet gives it to you but you will probably die anyway.

Really?

What the fuck

Ok guys, sorry if this has been posted a million times, but I havent been keeping up with this thread. Theres a funny glitch in co op with the wingsuit. Try landing right behind your buddy while in wingsuit mode. He'll go flying across the map. :lol

Its pretty much the same glitch as in GTA4 multiplayer if you fell into a choppers rotor blades. :lol

VALIS

Sinatar said:

I turned the gamma up 3-4 notches in the display settings. Helped a lot.

Ding

Why For? said:
It's funny that people are now disappointed in the non-transforming cars. Yeah it LOOKED cool, but outside of one or two examples, didn't DO anything.
Of course it did something. The acceleration, handling, and armor of the Agency vehicles got steadily better as your driving skill improved. And they got more bad-ass looking. And, all three of them gained perks at level 5. The supercar got guns, the big rig got turbo boost, and the SUV got jumping/wall-climbing.

GhaleonEB

1) The
mega-freak that attacks the 4th beacon or so was a nice surprise. Would have been nicer if he were a threat, rather than a target.

2) New tactical location bug: I call for the chopper, the radius of the radar fills with red triangles signaling Cell to kill, but there are none. No enemies, anywhere. I try to move toward the triangles, and the announcer tells me to go back to the tactical location. If I don't, I lose it and have to trigger the chopper again. But there are no enemies to kill. I've done this about a dozen times now. Time to move on to a new place and hope this one becomes un-glitched later on.

The more I play, the worse the game gets. Crackdown 1 was the opposite.

eek5

GhaleonEB said:
1) The
mega-freak that attacks the 4th beacon or so was a nice surprise. Would have been nicer if he were a threat, rather than a target.

2) New tactical location bug: I call for the chopper, the radius of the radar fills with red triangles signaling Cell to kill, but there are none. No enemies, anywhere. I try to move toward the triangles, and the announcer tells me to go back to the tactical location. If I don't, I lose it and have to trigger the chopper again. But there are no enemies to kill. I've done this about a dozen times now. Time to move on to a new place and hope this one becomes un-glitched later on.

Those dudes are on the roof.. you need to be able to climb to the top which will require max agility IIRC.

You could also do it with a helicopter I guess.. but that'd also require max agaility

JambiBum

GhaleonEB said:
1) The

The stuff you were talking about earlier with the strongholds isn't a glitch. Certain areas require multiple stronghold take downs to unlock the supply point. Later in the game you get areas with three points. You take the first one, the agency comes in, then you have to move to the second one in the area. If you don't do it soon after you take the first one then the cell will retake the area.

Also @ Why For?, you don't have to beat the game to get the toilet achievement, but you do have to complete all of the beacons so that it powers the agency tower. Basically up to the last mission. There's a rooftop race and renegade orb that are at the top of the tower. You can either wait until you have the fully constructed tower or do what I did. I grabbed a heli and parked it near the top of the tower. Jumped back down and started the race. Once I got to the last couple of race checkpoints that I couldn't reach on my own I jumped in the heli. You can activate the points while in the heli. Made it a lot easier.

Plasma

Banned
Completed the main storyline last night, really enjoyed it.

Only thing I would change to this game is the jumping mechanics, take a leaf out of Infamous' book and make it more like a platformer.

Time to get the rest of those orbs then I guess.

derFeef

Hm, I got those pre-order colors and the sheet says Gold, Bronze, Black, Green.
I only got the last 3.

Edit: Ah, must be a mistake by the German translation.

JambiBum

derFeef said:
Hm, I got those pre-order colors and the sheet says Gold, Bronze, Black, Green.
I only got the last 3.

Edit: Ah, must be a mistake by the German translation.

It should be: Gold, Gunmetal, Black, and Green.

Ive got about 3 hours into it, and even though I see pretty much what I'll be doing for the rest of the game..... is it a crime that Im incredibly looking forward to it? : /

Im having an incredibe blast and love a lot of the new weapons introduced. The freaks would be VERY boring to fight, but the UV weapons make you feel awesome fighting them.

I dont know. I see the very valid complaints, agree with them, could have easily NOT bought the game...... but I love it so far. *shrugs shoulders*

TheApatheticOne said:
Ive got about 3 hours into it, and even though I see pretty much what I'll be doing for the rest of the game..... is it a crime that Im incredibly looking forward to it? : /

Im having an incredibe blast and love a lot of the new weapons introduced. The freaks would be VERY boring to fight, but the UV weapons make you feel awesome fighting them.

I dont know. I see the very valid complaints, agree with them, could have easily NOT bought the game...... but I love it so far. *shrugs shoulders*

That's crackdown for ya. It has a strange pull that keeps you playing. Eventually you hear a voice deep in your head saying:

"Feels good man."

Lionheart1827 said:
That's crackdown for ya. It has a strange pull that keeps you playing. Eventually you hear a voice deep in your head saying:

"Feels good man."
That's my hope. And its why I can't fight the urge any longer.

In an effort to feel less guilty for paying full price for Crackdown 2, I'm trading in 16 games today after work. It was time for a good ole fashion purge anyway.

Then Crackdown 2 will be mine. Please don't let me down with the DLC Ruffian - I have faith in you guys.

Top Bottom