• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Tears - Gamespot review (GS sure likes the 6.8)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/crimsontears/review.html

"If the repetitive nature of Crimson Tears doesn't bother you, then there's really no reason why you won't derive many hours of enjoyment from it. The game has its share of ups and downs, but if you're willing to overlook the occasionally frustrating fixed camera, it actually gets better the more you play it, just like the characters with whom you'll be fighting. Crimson Tears certainly isn't a game for everyone, but if you're the type of person that gets hooked on character development in combat-oriented games, it's at least worth a rental."

Milkman

I think it's the best thing they've done since Tobal 2. Which isn't saying much, but it's fun and it looks cool. It's basically Tobal 2's dungeon mode made into a full game that doesn't suck.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the JP version of Crimson Tears. I can't fathom the sort of reviews that place it on par with abysmal drek like Evil Prophecy, but I guess random dungeons aren't everyone's bag. Me, I like the slick fighting engine, crazy boss encounters, and mad phat l3wt enough to oerlook the boring environments. Good, almost great game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Drinky Crow said:
Yeah, I really enjoyed the JP version of Crimson Tears. I can't fathom the sort of reviews that place it on par with abysmal drek like Evil Prophecy, but I guess random dungeons aren't everyone's bag. Me, I like the slick fighting engine, crazy boss encounters, and mad phat l3wt enough to oerlook the boring environments. Good, almost great game.

I'd rather play Tobal 2 or Ehrgeiz, as you get an actual main fighting game to go along with the dungeon crawling mini game. :p

I rather liked the Dungeon mode in Ehrgeiz, only it was too short. It was a little bland, but the fun play mechanics made it one of the more entertaining Dungeon games I have played. I played it with a friend and we would trade control whenever we switched between characters.

If this game is just Ehrgeiz's dungeon mode made into a game, I might have to get it. That Dungeon mode was much more fun than all the rest of Ehrgeiz (although the cheesy FMVs and Tifa in a hat were fun).

Top Bottom