• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

grendelrt

Ickman3400 said:
I'm not sure there's anything to link to, they just haven't said anything about a dx11 patch coming anytime soon. It's coming someday, but so is Jesus supposedly.

I couldnt help it, i laughed out loud at this

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think I'll hold off

Where's my POM?

c1_tracks.jpg

c2_tracks.jpg

geeko

This game is looking pretty damn nice now that the custom configs are out. I can't wait for dx11 patch, this game could really benefit from a little tessellation, and whatever else dx11 offers.

bhlaab

plagiarize said:
so it gets rid of them, albeit it in a way that has other costs. you can't say it doesn't get rid of them.

what they did was demonstrate that they could make an urban environment in their engine run as well as the jungles they were known for and look damn nice at the same time. whether it was the sole purpose of doing so i'm sure this will help them get licensees as they have demonstrated both the flexibility and scalability of Cry Engine 3.

It doesn't get rid of them. With PostMS on I still see them from time to time in addition to the textures being smeared and anything more than 10 feet in front of my face looking like a haze of shitdust

Zomba13

Is anyone else having problems with online? It keeps wanting me to enter my serial code every time I start the game up and sometimes when trying to join a server it tells my my key has been used (other times it lets me join but the servers are all either empty, full or laggy)

Speaking as someone who didn't play Crysis, I think the story's fine in this game. It's not the best I've ever seen, but it's not as terrible as people have been making it out to be either.

bhlaab said:
It doesn't get rid of them. With PostMS on I still see them from time to time in addition to the textures being smeared and anything more than 10 feet in front of my face looking like a haze of shitdust
i don't think anyone can rationally describe things in the game looking like a haze of shitdust. you sound angry and emotional. it may not get rid of all the aliasing but it absolutely gets rid of almost all the aliasing. MSAA doesn't get rid of all the aliasing you'll see in a game either... it doesn't mean its 'doing nothing to inhibit' jaggies because you can still see them from 'time to time'.

was just looking at the OP. hey, Mickey, any chance we can get some reviews added?

Zomba13 said:
Is anyone else having problems with online? It keeps wanting me to enter my serial code every time I start the game up and sometimes when trying to join a server it tells my my key has been used (other times it lets me join but the servers are all either empty, full or laggy)
The current workaround for the serial code is to enter it when you go into multiplayer, then switch to single player, then go back to multiplayer and enter it a second time. I'm not sure if they're related or not, but I haven't had an issue with the "code in use" since the game has started to remember my code.

Now when you finally get into multiplayer you'll probably run into an issue where many ranked servers are stuck in the lobby. Unfortunately that's a server side issue that they're working on but haven't fixed yet.

RyL said:
Notice how the picture I took is not me staring down at a ground texture or up in the face of it. I can do what you just did and walk up to a good amount of textures in Crysis 2 and come up with similar results (just for kicks, compare the one in your quote with this: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594680945384824217/77ED3579D4613B610DA165F94F41033710A55593/).
The problem I was trying to highlight in my picture is that the texture is obviously stretched much further than it should be across the ground. Couple that with the fact that the textures aren't that high in resolution to begin with and you have a recipe for what happened in my picture.

bhlaab

plagiarize said:
i don't think anyone can rationally describe things in the game looking like a haze of shitdust. you sound angry and emotional.

And you sound like an apologist. Quit trying to get into my head and play a game with real AA and tell me that this is just as good.

JoeBoy101 said:
How's he supposed to prove a negative? Crytek has never made an official statement saying a DX11 patch would be coming out, much less when.
Yes they have. Dev recently made a post on either incrysis.com or crymod.com forums, I forget.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
subversus said:
I think I'll hold off

Where's my POM?
Any way to get POM working with AF in the original? That's my biggest problem with it.

It looks awesome when you staring down at the ground, but while looking forward, it just turns into a soupy mess a few feet from the player.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Heavy said:
He said it's coming out, didn't say when.

I copy/pasted in this thread some days back but my Google-Fu came up empty, sorry.

ok, I'll wait then.

Back to Dragon Age: Origins.

Grisby

Hey guys, I just reached the subway part pretty early in the game.

Do I start finding upgrades for the guns soon? Also, do I have to sniff them out?

CozMick

Banned
MAXIMUM LAG!

Seriously, Is it the net code or is it the matchmaking host selector? because I have never ever seen 2 people in a server with 4 bars, only the host and the rest with 3, 2 or 1.

In fact the majority of servers are rife with 2 bar connections, it's unplayable.

JoeBoy101

Heavy said:
He said it's coming out, didn't say when.

I copy/pasted in this thread some days back but my Google-Fu came up empty, sorry.

This is the link you posted:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?pos...962#post782962

And this is the text you posted from it:

Heavy said:
PC-specific graphic features - Features such as DX11 aren't generally featured in console ports because the consoles don't support them. Crysis 2 will feature DX11.

That is no promise of anything. Now, I'm behind firewall so I can't read the post at CryMod, but that's hardly a ringing declaration of a patch underway. They've been saying Crysis 2 will support DX11 for months now. I really want the DX11 changes, but given their recent PR performance and treatment, until we get a clear concise comment on the plan, development, or existence of said patch, I'm not holding my breath.

JoeBoy101 said:
This is the link you posted:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?pos...962#post782962

And this is the text you posted from it:

That is no promise of anything. Now, I'm behind firewall so I can't read the post at CryMod, but that's hardly a ringing declaration of a patch underway.
Excellent Googling skills lol (or however you found it) :p

But... how is "Crysis 2 will feature DX11" not a promise? How much more clearer can they get? Does it need to be notarized? It's coming, we just don't know when.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:
Any way to get POM working with AF in the original? That's my biggest problem with it.

It looks awesome when you staring down at the ground, but while looking forward, it just turns into a soupy mess a few feet from the player.
I gave it up for AF so fast and never looked back.

JoeBoy101

Heavy said:
Excellent Googling skills lol (or however you found it) :p

But... how is "Crysis 2 will feature DX11" not a promise? How much more clearer can they get? Does it need to be notarized? It's coming, we just don't know when.

"We do plan to release a patch for DX11 for the PC"?

Sorry, given Crytek's actions over the past month or two, I'm not giving them benefit of the doubt. Specifically a 'yes' answer to if a patch is coming out, or a statement of affirmation with the words 'DX11' and 'patch' in it, preferably from Crevat.

PS. Don't blame google. :) I just remembered in this thread and thought it was the mentioned one because I responded to it in this thread. It was back like 30 pages ago.

JoeBoy101 said:
How's he supposed to prove a negative? Crytek has never made an official statement saying a DX11 patch would be coming out, much less when.
The whole dx11 patch thing was a misunderstood quote from a German pc gaming outlet that had an interview with a Crytek employee post PC demo but pre-release where he talked about the there being a day one patch for the game and about maybe, possibly adding support for dx11 at some undetermined point in time. Two separate things.

Now as for the likely hood of seeing dx11 get implemented well it's about reading between the lines, take for example this screen cap of the official Crytek CryEngine3 page from a while back next to what it currently says and spot the difference:

beforeafter.jpg

Hixx

The part in chapter 4 or 5 where
the highway collapses
looked absolutely amazing. It was definitely the first wow moment I've had in terms of the visuals on the 360. I also had an 'ugh' moment at the exact same time, though. Framerate must have been sub 15 throughout that whole section leading up to it, trying to fight was frustrating with it so had to revert back to MAXIMUM CLOAK :(

mbmonk

Lunchbox said:
ice T tweeted he likes the game

Finally the issue can be put to rest. Ice T has weighed in. Did you hear that everyone Ice T. I wonder if he wears his MW2 night vision goggles while playing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but once again, I just don't find the aliens as enjoyable to fight as the humans. These are definitely the best alien enemies Crytek has designed to date, no doubt, but they are still frustrating at times.

Also, if you forget to engage armor you go down instantly. This isn't usually an issue, but there have been moments where I finished a large battle and begin to walk away only to face a single straggler who instantly kills me since I had disabled max armor. You are then tossed all the way back to the checkpoint before the major battle. :\

BeeDog

dark10x said:
I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but once again, I just don't find the aliens as enjoyable to fight as the humans. These are definitely the best alien enemies Crytek has designed to date, no doubt, but they are still frustrating at times.

Also, if you forget to engage armor you go down instantly. This isn't usually an issue, but there have been moments where I finished a large battle and begin to walk away only to face a single straggler who instantly kills me since I had disabled max armor. You are then tossed all the way back to the checkpoint before the major battle. :\

Funny, I think the aliens have been much more enjoyable so far than the, frankly, lousy human enemies. To be fair, I just got past the WAVE part, so my opinion might change.

bhlaab said:
And you sound like an apologist. Quit trying to get into my head and play a game with real AA and tell me that this is just as good.

why should i? i don't like the PostMSAA and am playing with MLAA. and yes, i've played MANY games with real MSAA and that's why i know it doesn't do anything for alpha aliasing, for example, where as the PostMSAA takes care of alpha aliasing (at the cost of blurring the whole screen which i don't like).

my argument isn't and has never been that this is as good as real AA... it's that you can't factually claim that it's 'doing nothing' to inhibit the jaggies. because that's *factually* wrong.

TUROK

mbmonk said:
Finally the issue can be put to rest. Ice T has weighed in. Did you hear that everyone Ice T. I wonder if he wears his MW2 night vision goggles while playing.
Whoa, I didn't know you could type in monotone.

mbmonk

TUROK said:
Whoa, I didn't know you could type in monotone.

I copied the style from the original poster.

You are so clever! And such a cute little junior too! *Pinches your cheeks like Grandma*

ok i just got through level 6 on supersoldier difficulty and knowing that I have another 6 levels of this game brings a smile to my face. Having a lot of fun with it!

TUROK

mbmonk said:
I copied the style from the original poster.

You are so clever! And such a cute little junior too! *Pinches your cheeks like Grandma*
Is that the go-to insult whenever you have nothing witty to say? Point out that I haven't been here for long?

Zomba13

Jay Shadow said:
The current workaround for the serial code is to enter it when you go into multiplayer, then switch to single player, then go back to multiplayer and enter it a second time. I'm not sure if they're related or not, but I haven't had an issue with the "code in use" since the game has started to remember my code.

Now when you finally get into multiplayer you'll probably run into an issue where many ranked servers are stuck in the lobby. Unfortunately that's a server side issue that they're working on but haven't fixed yet.
Awesome, will try that.
I did experience the stuck in lobby thing a few times in the demo/beta. Hope that stuff gets fixed soon because I quite like the multiplayer. It's no CS:S or TF2 but I do enjoy using the suit powers.

ZeroRay

KingOfKong said:
ok i just got through level 6 on supersoldier difficulty and knowing that I have another 6 levels of this game brings a smile to my face. Having a lot of fun with it!

There are 18 levels brah.

Top Bottom