• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

mbmonk

TUROK said:
Is that the go-to insult whenever you have nothing witty to say? Point out that I haven't been here for long?

I was pointing out the fact that you only made half the connection when it came to my post. But if you want to keep ignoring that fact by all means continue to do so.

But hey, you got me. You did it man! Congrats!

Damn I just cant get into this one, just not my type of fps, Im very early in the game and Im sure it gets better, I do appreciate it though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
MickeyKnox said:
The whole dx11 patch thing was a misunderstood quote from a German pc gaming outlet that had an interview with a Crytek employee post PC demo but pre-release where he talked about the there being a day one patch for the game and about maybe, possibly adding support for dx11 at some undetermined point in time. Two separate things.

Now as for the likely hood of seeing dx11 get implemented well it's about reading between the lines, take for example this screen cap of the official Crytek CryEngine3 page from a while back next to what it currently says and spot the difference:

they've said that it will be featured in Crysis 2. Nvidia page says it. What else do you need?

skyfinch

This is a long thread so I hope this hasn't been asked before, but do enemies respawn? I'm killing the aliens (forget which level) and they seem like they're respawning and the only way to stop them is to make it to the next checkpoint.

skyfinch said:
This is a long thread so I hope this hasn't been asked before, but do enemies respawn? I'm killing the aliens (forget which level) and they seem like they're respawning and the only way to stop them is to make it to the next checkpoint.
There are a couple moments like that in the game

JoeBoy101 said:
How's he supposed to prove a negative? Crytek has never made an official statement saying a DX11 patch would be coming out, much less when.
My point was he doesn't know any more than anyone else.

skyfinch said:
Thanks.

Good way to earn points to power up your suit, I guess.
Just make sure it's actually collecting the points, there's a bug where not only does it not keep the points you already had but it won't register you collecting new ones.

kitch9

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Is anyone else having problems with online? It keeps wanting me to enter my serial code every time I start the game up and sometimes when trying to join a server it tells my my key has been used (other times it lets me join but the servers are all either empty, full or laggy)

Load game, enter multiplayer,enter key,enter singleplayer, enter multi again and enter key if asked.

That should sort the key thing.

StuBurns

Banned
The game has been pretty buggy so far for me, really feels quite rushed. Loving it though, definitely the best shooter on PS3, Reach is still way better though.

Grisby said:
Hey guys, I just reached the subway part pretty early in the game.

Do I start finding upgrades for the guns soon? Also, do I have to sniff them out?

I don't have an answer for you but either does anyone else. They are too busy doing screen comparisons. "Graphics blow!" "Graphics rock!" It's getting silly in here.

Grisby said:

Do I start finding upgrades for the guns soon? Also, do I have to sniff them out?
You mean things like silencers and different sights? When you pick up a gun with attachments you unlock that attachment for the gun. For example, when you pick up a shotgun with the silencer you unlock it and you can then equip/unequip it anytime you want for the rest of the game. So be sure to pick up any gun with new attachments you see lying around.

StuBurns

Banned
Grisby said:

I believe the way it works is you find guns with the added elements on them, and then whenever you pick up that gun in the future, you'll be able to add those things. You don't pick up the bits on their own.

EDIT: Beaten.

StuBurns said:
The game has been pretty buggy so far for me, really feels quite rushed. Loving it though, definitely the best shooter on PS3, Reach is still way better though.
Yeah right now I'm trying to decide what I like better. Reach will probably win out because of co-op, vehicles, and the very distinct levels, but Crysis 2 is still awesome.

CitizenCope said:
I don't have an answer for you but either does anyone else. They are too busy doing screen comparisons. "Graphics blow!" "Graphics rock!" It's getting silly in here.
This OT has never really been about the actual game.

StuBurns

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Yeah right now I'm trying to decide what I like better. Reach will probably win out because of co-op, vehicles, and the very distinct levels, but Crysis 2 is still awesome.
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed they came out the gate of console shooters and delivered on this level. I wish it had co-op though, the encounter arenas seem prefect for it.

I was planning to trade it in Monday and get the Tomb Raider Trilogy, but they've sufficiently impressed me that I'll be keeping it for a second play thru down the line.

Grisby

Wired All Wrong said:
You mean things like silencers and different sights? When you pick up a gun with attachments you unlock that attachment for the gun. For example, when you pick up a shotgun with the silencer you unlock it and you can then equip/unequip it anytime you want for the rest of the game. So be sure to pick up any gun with new attachments you see lying around.

Thanks. Yeah, thats what I meant. I haven't been picking up guns. :(

Just finished the game, now I want to re-start the campaign. Amazingly fun game and stunning visually, particularly on PC. One of the problems the game has are graphics, because I just want to take in the scenery.

Kind of looking forward to playing the game again on easier difficulty. Right now there really just isn't any room for experimentation outside of sit in armor mode and shoot things until they die.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Lostconfused said:
Kind of looking forward to playing the game again on easier difficulty. Right now there really just isn't any room for experimentation outside of sit in armor mode and shoot things until they die.

I've hardly used armor mode at all. Mostly to land from high jumps or to run away.

Lostconfused said:
What are you playing on?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Crytek has successfully courted their target audience.

cryteklol87ep.png

Source: http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/51354285056864256

Neuromancer said:
What are you playing on?
The highest difficulty whatever its called. Post Human Warrior, super soldier, some dumb name that isn't Delta. Oh if you meant which platform then its PC.
Nirolak said:

Source: http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/51354285056864256
Well at least some one managed to reach out and touch the console audience. Best of luck to the dragon age team on their attempt number 3, haha.

george_us

Just got to
Wall Street
and the game has picked up significantly. The level design is FAR more interesting than the first couple of hours.

StuBurns said:
Definitely agreed. Topping Reach is one Hell of a tall order, however. The AI really makes that game, in my opinion. It has some of the best AI I've seen in... anything.

CitizenCope said:

No kidding, i am starting to wonder if PC gamers ever actually "game".

Nirolak said:

http://www.abload.de/img/cryteklol87ep.png[IMG]

Source: [url]http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/51354285056864256[/url][/QUOTE]
Haha awesome

I like how that looks, did you apply some other kind of AA?

I'm thinking about using that tool to remove the TAA and then force MSAA through Radeon Pro, but I want it to look like that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DeadRockstar said:
That AA compatibility thing posted earlier seems to work for me:

http://www.abload.de/img/aa22e42.jpg[IMG]

Peace out vaseline.[/QUOTE]
Now we just need slightly more consistent textures and fancy DX11 stuff that's never coming and we're all set!

CitizenCope said:

I find this funny because I been looking at some of the PC screenshots in other threads & they have a attraction to showing close up screenshots of rocks.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
On Semper Fi or Die...

I hear "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" on infinite loop at full volume for this entire level. Restarting the game has no effect.

Also I just got to what looks like it's supposed to be the climax of the level, but it's completely bugged out. Guns are shooting at each other...just guns, no people holding them. Objective isn't updating after I get to the destination. Just "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" and guns.

EviLore said:
Guns are shooting at each other...just guns, no people holding them. Objective isn't updating after I get to the destination. Just "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" and guns.
Sounds like a modern shooter distilled into the purest form possible.

I'm not sure what happened to the QA on this game. I've had no gun spawn in my hand more than once now. Just a floating hand.

I also assumed the AI suiciding was going to be a one off. It actually happens with surprising regularity.

JoeBoy101

EviLore said:
On Semper Fi or Die...

I hear "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" on infinite loop at full volume for this entire level. Restarting the game has no effect.

Also I just got to what looks like it's supposed to be the climax of the level, but it's completely bugged out. Guns are shooting at each other...just guns, no people holding them. Objective isn't updating after I get to the destination. Just "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" and guns.

Apparently the marines took it so seriously, they left their guns behind to shoot it out. :)

george_us said:
The aliens are WAYYYYYY more fun to fight then the humans.

Its ironic. If the entire first game was fighting the North Koreans, it would be universally heralded as the best ever. Likewise, if this game was entirely fighting the aliens, I would be much more bullish about it.

MisterAnderson said:
Agreed. Now if only the nano catalyst would actually be collected from there corpses...

Not playing the game anymore until this is fixed. It might not be game-breaking, but I consider it too serious of a bug. Melee bug doesn't help either.

EviLore said:
Guns are shooting at each other...just guns, no people holding them. Objective isn't updating after I get to the destination. Just "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" and guns.

Well you just convinced me to add this game to my wishlist. The only thing better than that would be if there were characters but no guns and bullets were coming out of their pointed fingers.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
EviLore said:
On Semper Fi or Die...

Alcatraz, over here! Punch it man, lets go!

I wanted to kill myself.

Top Bottom