• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

//B1G

Banned
I'm not going to look through this whole thread (or maybe I am, depending on the quickness of response) for a good config, so could someone c/p theirs? I want the vaseline gone and the FOV increased, and whatever other changes improve visuals and [hopefully] lessen the hit on FPS.

JoeBoy101

//B1G said:
I'm not going to look through this whole thread (or maybe I am, depending on the quickness of response) for a good config, so could someone c/p theirs? I want the vaseline gone and the FOV increased, and whatever other changes improve visuals and [hopefully] lessen the hit on FPS.

Check a few pages back. The Config Utility over at CryMod is what you want (unless better came out I was unaware of).

//B1G

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:
Check a few pages back. The Config Utility over at CryMod is what you want (unless better came out I was unaware of).
Couldn't find the utility you're talking about, but I used the config in the OP and it's dropped my FPS from a good 50 to sub-30, although it looks dramatically better. I guess I'll just mess around with that until I get something that does what I want it to.

george_us

Good lord Crytek should of cut the first four hours or so or at least significantly cut a portion of the beginning. It's disgusting how much better this game becomes after I'm only fighting aliens.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
EviLore said:
Yep, I may need to restart the level in order to continue. Uploading a video of the bug.

Don't think you do. I didn't get the floating guns, but I got Chino with the "PUNCH IT MAN LETS GO" every 5 seconds. Turns out that he triggered at the start of the level when he was supposed to trigger at the very end. I actually think I skipped over part of the battle because he was already at the exit while I think I needed to be fighting lol

EviLore said:
On Semper Fi or Die...

I hear "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" on infinite loop at full volume for this entire level. Restarting the game has no effect.

Also I just got to what looks like it's supposed to be the climax of the level, but it's completely bugged out. Guns are shooting at each other...just guns, no people holding them. Objective isn't updating after I get to the destination. Just "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" and guns.
Restarting the level did not fix the problem for me, but I figured out a workaround for this. Just keep going. If you are standing at the place you are suppost to defend, looking out toward where the aliens were coming from, go to the right and jump up onto the ledge. This should progress the scripting. The waypoint will be pointing toward the place you were defending, but ignore it and go on through. The end of the level is right after.

Good luck.

eso76

EviLore said:
On Semper Fi or Die...

I hear "MOVE OUT! GO! MOVE OUT! GO!" on infinite loop at full volume for this entire level. Restarting the game has no effect.

on the first level i kept hearing "uh?ah?eh?ah?uh?ah?eh?uh?ah?eh?ah?uh?ah?eh?...." from enemies who thought had seen something moving, at such a fast pace it was hilarious.

Yeah, the game has several bugs and glitches, even on consoles. Anyway, after having seen the game on a PC with a rather old GPU, i don't think anyone can claim vanilla Crysis 1 looked better. Some of you guys are mistaking more beautiful scenery for better graphics, but lighting alone puts C2 on a different level already and an urban setting rendered in such detail certainly isn't 'easier' to handle than C1's jungle. C2 also has a lot more going on onscreen i think ?
And it performs a lot better,

mello

Picked this up on 360 today, I'm satisfied with how it runs and the visuals are somewhat impressive.

I've only had time for an hour or two on the campaign mode. My only bone to pick is with the AI, it's quite bad. I'm playing on Solider difficulty, so perhaps it has something to do with that.

eso76

george_us said:
Good lord Crytek should of cut the first four hours or so or at least significantly cut a portion of the beginning. It's disgusting how much better this game becomes after I'm only fighting aliens.

Yeah, and the last 2 hours.
I really have to agree with my friend's first impressions here, the game has a very strong central part, but the first couple acts and the last 3 or four are a lot less interesting.

Speaking of weird noises, what's up with that constant metallic clacking on several levels? I thought it belonged to the aliens, but I've been noticing it in several levels where the aliens aren't present, either. It's kind of annoying.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Speaking of weird noises, what's up with that constant metallic clacking on several levels? I thought it belonged to the aliens, but I've been noticing it in several levels where the aliens aren't present, either. It's kind of annoying.
I think it is the noise you make when running with armor enabled.

Jin

Blue Ninja said:

It's those little spider robots that feast on human corpse.

jackdoe

Lostconfused said:
Can some one tell me whats fun about fighting aliens? I shoot them and they die, that's about all I am getting here.
They are essentially the equivalent of the nanosuit Koreans from Crysis 1. They have access to speed, jump, cloak and power. So it makes a nice change of pace IMO.

jackdoe said:
They are essentially the equivalent of the nanosuit Koreans from Crysis 1. They have access to speed, jump, cloak and power. So it makes a nice change of pace IMO.
I have yet to see them cloak or punch me out with super strength. Also they are as dumb as a sack of rocks, their AI is even worse than the one for human soldiers.

jackdoe

Lostconfused said:
I have yet to see them cloak or punch me out with super strength. Also they are as dumb as a sack of rocks, their AI is even worse than the one for human soldiers.
Their AI is quite stupid, but I have been punched out by super strength, charged at by super speed, and have seen them cloak.

nyong

Banned
Just beat it: 10 hours on the default setting. That's 10 hours of often strategy-less run and gunning. Had I played on hard, I imagine it would have taken me 12-14 hours. Definitely going to increase the difficulty on my next playthrough.

For anyone wondering, I can only run Crysis 1 on High (not Very High) and pull 30ish FPS with dips. Crysis 2 I'm on Very High pulling 50-60 FPS with much better graphics. Don't hold out for a better machine. If you can run Crysis 1 on medium-high, you can run Crysis 2 on high-max. With better graphics. The destruction is awe-inspiring at times.

-PXG-

Nirolak said:
Crytek has successfully courted their target audience.

cryteklol87ep.png

Source: http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/51354285056864256

They paid me to say that.

Loam

Lostconfused said:

The Ceph are a mixed bag. On some levels I was constantly flanked, or at least was forced back when they went for higher ground. On others the Ceph just remained in one piece of cover while I repeatedly shot them in their jelly bits.

I never encountered super speed, however rushing them for a melee kill often resulted in my being thrown back. I also didn't encounter cloaking until towards the end of the game.

nyong

Banned
EviLore said:
Video of the glitches uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QciBjdk3fCQ
omg, I couldn't even finishing watching because that loop was so grating.

Gamespy is bugged too, FYI. My computer crashed and when I rebooted the PC my game stats were completely reset. Everything, including time played and my inverted y-axis. Also including my upgrade points. Haven't checked multiplayer stats yet, but I'd be shocked if they're intact. The only thing that remained--thank goodness--was my saved game progress. So yeah, if you're going to quit out of the game, I'd highly recommend exiting out properly through the menus.

bee

oh :(

negatives would be the cannibalization of the games soul to turn it into some blockbuster console game, wtf happened to the ai at least early on? there's so many things i miss from the original game

the positives for me would be the ludicrous performance, sure i have 560 sli but its running 1080p, extreme with a load of other tweaks too but edgeaa 3 instead of fsaa but its never dropped from 60fps yet, not that impressive you're maybe thinking but that's with 3D vision enabled (driver 3D not that cheat shit)

also i still really like the multiplayer, yeye its a cod clone but i certainly prefer it over that game. its not mind blowing but its certainly very good in multi

jackdoe

Wren said:
The Ceph are a mixed bag. On some levels I was constantly flanked, or at least was forced back when they went for higher ground. On others the Ceph just remained in one piece of cover while I repeatedly shot them in their jelly bits.
The AI is buggy as hell in this game. I've often stared enemies in the face and had nothing happen. They just stood there and stared back.

Kyaw

How do i enable AA after using the autoexec from the first page of this OT?

All the edges look aliased but everything looks very sharp and doesnt suffer from vaseline...
Or does it only work with vaseline type AA?

jackdoe said:
The AI is buggy as hell in this game. I've often stared enemies in the face and had nothing happen. They just stood there and stared back.
Another month or two to iron out the various AI glitches would have worked wonders. I'm doubtful it'll ever be patched.

derFeef

So everyone seems to be playing at post-human. I need to step up my game I guess. It is frustrating to die that often though :/

Hixx

Game has gotten so much better. Starting to see the multiple paths now, like for instance
the lab. I basically fought my way there cos I fucked up my stealthy approach but you can just swim round the back it looks like and bypass the dozen or so enemies

The AI really is terrible though. On the same mission,
when you're fighting the chopper and they start rappelling down, the guys with the JAVs literally stood there facing the other way till I killed them!
I'd like to see more weapon variation though, basically rocked the Scarab all the way through so far.

jackdoe

Heavy said:
Another month or two to iron out the various AI glitches would have worked wonders. I'm doubtful it'll ever be patched.
Hopefully it will. Because the AI glitches, including glitched AI pathfinding really make it hard to stealth when enemies get stuck on the terrain.

jackdoe said:
Hopefully it will. Because the AI glitches, including glitched AI pathfinding really make it hard to stealth when enemies get stuck on the terrain.

If the obvious stuff like the game deleting your collecting points/disallowing you to collect more points/melee/weapon cycle glitch aren't patched, then I am boycotting Crytek.

kamspy

Still fighting the disappearing Nano Catalyst bug. But fuck it really. I just got to [location]
Times Square with no electricity
and I've never seen better graphics in a game. This is some James Cameron shit. I'm amazed. Really. Even back when I had high expectations for Crysis 2 I never dreamed of this kind of stuff running this well on my modest rig (275, 955x4).

The visual presentation isn't always at that ^ level, but it's the best looking game I've ever played. Besting Metro DX10 in my opinion. The game itself is pretty fun. The first half you fight soldiers and I totally got my "Predator" fix that I loved Crysis 1 for giving me. Second half you fight the covenant elites from Halo. Turns out they look pretty cool on PC.

The semi auto rifle you get towards the end is god like. So is the auto shotty. Already two of my favorite game guns of all time. I just wish the MP didn't suck and I could consistently collect Nano Catalyst in SP. Oh well. Gives me a reason to play again when the patch comes out. I don't own a DX11 card, so I'll admit that my opinion on the matter is irrelevant, but I'd say Crysis 2 is DX#WINNING just the way it is now. Played around with the configs and never found one that beat Extreme (since I couldn't get POM to work, it's the only one I use in Crysis 1).

Has anyone got the POM command from Crysis 1 to work? That was my favorite cvar. Made the dirt around my feet look fucking cool.

Zomba13

So... How do I drive tanks properly? I hop in and my mouse sensitivity goes to something like 1. I have to move it repeatedly from one side to the other again and again to turn the turret, unplayable. My sensitivity is 70 in the menu btw. Fine on foot.

MisterAnderson said:
If the obvious stuff like the game deleting your collecting points/disallowing you to collect more points/melee/weapon cycle glitch aren't patched, then I am boycotting Crytek.
99% sure the nano points glitch is gonna be patched because it's game-breaking and ridiculous it even got through Q&A. But I seriously doubt they'll care enough to fix the AI glitches. There's no way Crytek didn't notice them during testing so they just didn't care to fix.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, I'm gonna be done with the single player in a day or so... Have they said anything about patching the online stuff? I've not been able to even redeem my LE code stuff, whatever those are, and it does act like I haven't inputted the CD Key even though I have... That kind of issues will be annoying when I'll want to actually play the multiplayer... Speaking of glitches, it totally ruins the visual quality when soldiers/enemies walk into each other pushing them along, and it even happens with vehicles here and there a jeep just rammed some dudes and they just got pushed over, no reaction at all, and they were enemies not invincible allies... You'd think that since the game isn't even really sandbox they would be able to make them behave better, yet they seem to do worse than the original. Oh well.

Heavy said:
99% sure the nano points glitch is gonna be patched because it's game-breaking and ridiculous it even got through Q&A.
Its not game breaking. The QA obviously found that glitch, hell people who pirated that leaked dev build found that glitch in there. Crytek just didn't think it was worth their time to fix it.

kamspy

Alextended said:
So, I'm gonna be done with the single player in a day or so... Have they said anything about patching the online stuff? I've not been able to even redeem my LE code stuff, whatever those are, and it does act like I haven't inputted the CD Key even though I have... That kind of issues will be annoying when I'll want to actually play the multiplayer...

Did you clear your cache and run the mycrysis site in Firefox 4? For some godforsaken reason it's the only way I got it to work. That said, it was the second result in my initial google search so the problem didn't take long.

You're not missing much. If this game had nice sized Bad Company 2 levels and ton of destruction we could crown it GOTY right now and not have to think twice. Confining it to little arena maps is a shame. When has coppying COD every been financially successful for a publisher? I can't figure out why they insist on it. Such a missed opportunity.

Game-breaking was too strong of a word but yeah it's a cockroach of a bug. I didn't know people found out about it in the leaked beta... that's pretty bad then. Still think it'll be patched, along with the melee glitch. The AI not so much.

anyone else getting dogshit performance from a 560 ti? fluctuates from 60 to 20 regularly, the frame drops coincide with the GPU usage tanking down to 50%

Top Bottom