• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Spookie

jakonovski said:
Does the pc multiplayer work at all? The matches never start, everyone just sits in the lobby forever.

Don't join EA servers and every one in three should work. No idea what the fuck they are doing but it needs to be fixed pronto. :/

MRORANGE

bloody hell, how in the hell do you kill the mech in Grand Central Station O_O I pretty much used all the rockets in the room and it still wont go down.

knitoe

Still don't understand the weapons upgrade / attachment options and I am more than half way through the game. Lets say, there are two scarab one with a silencer and other with a sight. If I pick up the silencer one, how do I add sight attachment? Or, vice versa. And, later one, I get grenade launcher and shotgun attachments.

knitoe said:
Still don't understand the weapons upgrade / attachment options and I am more than half way through the game. Lets say, there are two scarab one with a silencer and other with a sight. If I pick up the silencer one, how do I add sight attachment? Or, vice versa.
Whenever you pick up a weapon, a Scarab for example, you get to keep whatever attachment(s) on there forever for that weapon. So if you have a silencer Scarab equipped and see a red dot sight Scarab on the ground, just pick up the RDS Scarab and drop the silencer one and then press the weapon attachment button and select both. Doesn't sound like you are using the weapon attachment menu?

Stitch

Gold Member
fizzelopeguss said:
anyone else getting dogshit performance from a 560 ti? fluctuates from 60 to 20 regularly, the frame drops coincide with the GPU usage tanking down to 50%
nope. everything on high, runs with 60 fps all the time

edit: actually i have shadows on medium because i think it makes them look better.
also all blur off.

Heavy said:
Whenever you pick up a weapon, a Scarab for example, you get to keep whatever attachment(s) on there forever for that weapon. So if you have a silencer Scarab equipped and see a red dot sight Scarab on the ground, just pick up the RDS Scarab and drop the silencer one and then press the weapon attachment button and select both. Doesn't sound like you are using the weapon attachment menu?

Well, don't some Scarabs/weapons only work with certain attachments? For example, a ranged Scarab (or SCAR...I can't remember) has the assault scope on it but it doesn't let me add on a silencer.

StuBurns

Banned
Finished, it's really very good for a console shooter, although not as good as Crysis 1 certainly. The writing is awful though.

MRORANGE said:
bloody hell, how in the hell do you kill the mech in Grand Central Station O_O I pretty much used all the rockets in the room and it still wont go down.
Aim for the red generator in his back

I've put around 6-8 hours (360 version) into the game's campaign and judging by the chapter list in the extras menu - I have around 4-5 chapters left depending on where I am upto (can't remember exactly).

The game is amazing - up among the best shooters ever.
Graphics are incredible. I played a good portion of the KZ3 SP and it's just no contest for me. Everything in C2 looks fantastic and I haven't noticed too many performance issues (cloaked sniping tends to get the game choking). That said, there are some strange oversights such as keypads/buttons for some things that look PS1 bad and ridiculously awful paper effect when activating printers/copiers.

I really like the story taking place almost entirely through your visor - it made the Onyx building scene one of the best moments in videogames for me, and it helps greatly in keeping me immersed. That said, the silent hero was not a good choice. It works in Halo because Master Chief is an elite, tailored-for-war, badass, cold steel, probably gave your mother the only orgasm she ever had, awesome silent type - because you know who he answers to (only chuck Norris), and what his purpose is. I feel none of that in crysis, I'm some bitch marine who doesn't do one thing before getting fucked up and getting lucky enough to be found and suited up. To top it off, who the fuck is Gould and why am I following his instructions? I'm just not sure that in a reasonably decent plot - that having a silent unproven hero was the best choice.

The MP is a blast - more of the same from the demo, which I loved. My K/D is currently sitting at 2.89 and I can feel the COD whore creeping out of me.

Oh and dat audio - great effects and music. Second to Reach for soundtracks this gen for me.

Well done Crytek, I'm happy they went this direction instead of C1 - will be there for that Kingdoms game day one.

X-Frame

Random question but how detailed in NYC in the SP?

I work in NYC and hearing talk about Grand Central (which I am in 2x a day) sounds amazing.

MisterAnderson said:
Well, don't some Scarabs/weapons only work with certain attachments? For example, a ranged Scarab (or SCAR...I can't remember) has the assault scope on it but it doesn't let me add on a silencer.
That's right. You can't get every attachment for all the weaps. Some seem to be restricted

knitoe

Heavy said:
That's probably it. How do I access the weapon attachment menu on PC? Also, with X360 controller.

X-Frame said:
Random question but how detailed in NYC in the SP?

I work in NYC and hearing talk about Grand Central (which I am in 2x a day) sounds amazing.
The subway station listings are hilarious off and it's odd how Grand Central is continually called Central, but otherwise not that bad at all.

knitoe said:
That's probably it. How do I access the weapon attachment menu on PC? Also, with X360 controller.
For PC keyboard it's whatever key you have it assigned to. I don't remember the default because I changed it. For 360 controller, hold the back button.

knitoe

Heavy said:
For PC keyboard it's whatever key you have it assigned to. I don't remember the default because I changed it. For 360 controller, hold the back button.
The back button brings up the suit powers. Is there a toggle for suit / weapon attachment after hitting back button?

Edit: Figured it out. Back > Suit powers. Hold Back > Weapons Attachments.

X-Frame

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
The subway station listings are hilarious off and it's odd how Grand Central is continually called Central, but otherwise not that bad at all.

Hm, pretty cool. I don't take the subway so I wouldn't know the difference! Lol.

MRORANGE said:
I've done that already, seems to either be a bug or the game just hates me.
There's also a cluster rocket launcher at one of the supply areas. I forget what the name of the weapon is. But you hold it like carrying a turret. Just looks like a box, so it's easy to miss.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blue Ninja said:
Speaking of weird noises, what's up with that constant metallic clacking on several levels? I thought it belonged to the aliens, but I've been noticing it in several levels where the aliens aren't present, either. It's kind of annoying.

This is the one enhancement that lets you know when an enemy is nearby. On Semper Fi or Die I noticed it on the marines with you, for whatever reason the beeping comes from anyone, not just enemies. Since you're grouped with them for pretty much the next 2 levels I just took it off since it was annoying as hell.

EviLore said:
Yeah, I was able to just keep going, as Pookaki suggested. Big climactic set piece never happened, but at least I'm not stuck.

Video of the glitches uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QciBjdk3fCQ

You played the entire level like that? I could barely make it through the video.

Lostconfused said:
Yup and its nowhere near as Sci Fi as whats in that book.

It would have to be some pretty loony stuff to get more SciFi than Crysis, what with its super VTOL aircraft, experimental plasma guns, gauss guns, nanosuits, handheld tactical fusion weapons, zero G squid aliens and alien freeze rays.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
ThoseDeafMutes said:
It would have to be some pretty loony stuff to get more SciFi than Crysis, what with its super VTOL aircraft, experimental plasma guns, gauss guns, nanosuits, handheld tactical fusion weapons, zero G squid aliens and alien freeze rays.

2cnti05.png

Dreohboy

Lostconfused said:
Man Crysis went from the relatively modern day to crazy sci fi shit.

I love it.

If I want modern day I'll play COD. If I want realism I'll play Arma. If I want bubble gum aliens I'll play Halo.

Sci fi, end of the world stuff? Crysis has just become that.

Dreohboy

Lostconfused said:
Yup and its nowhere near as Sci Fi as whats in that book.

Some would also argue the original Crysis is nowhere near as interesting as that book either. Beautiful, and a good way to show off what a good computer can do? Yup. Not as interesting as Cry2 imo.

stuminus3

Dreohboy said:
Sci fi, end of the world stuff? Crysis has just become that.
Eh, that would be Half-Life... :p

But seriously, why the fuck did Steam download half of this game then randomly decide to stop and download it all again. Thought I was in for a good weekend once the wife and kids were asleep, now I have to waste my game time watching this blue bar for another hour... :-/

StuBurns said:
I don't think the tone is that scifi during the game, it feels more like Cloverfield to me.
I think it gets kinda sci fi when the suit pretty much becomes a part of Alcatraz's body and is telling him what to do most of the time.

StuBurns

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I think it gets kinda sci fi when the suit pretty much becomes a part of Alcatraz's body and is telling him what to do most of the time.
I guess scifi was the wrong word, Crysis 1 is scifi too, I guess futuristic was my point. It feels fairly current really, maybe I misunderstood the discussion in that regard.

stuminus3 said:
Eh, that would be Half-Life... :p

But seriously, why the fuck did Steam download half of this game then randomly decide to stop and download it all again. Thought I was in for a good weekend once the wife and kids were asleep, now I have to waste my game time watching this blue bar for another hour... :-/

If this was 2007, I would say that would be your computer warning you of the consequences of trying to run Crysis 1 on it. Maximum explosion, incoming.

But now, even consoles can run it. Supposedly. So hum yeah, don't know hat's up with that.

Edit: Wouldn't the steam key work with EADM? I know you can't put retail keys on anything other than the EADM, but maybe it's worth trying a Steam key on the DM. Seems to me like it could work.

stuminus3

-bakalhau- said:
If this was 2007, I would say that would be your computer warning you of the consequences of trying to run Crysis 1 on it. Maximum explosion, incoming.

But now, even consoles can run it. Supposedly. So hum yeah, don't know hat's up with that.

Edit: Wouldn't the steam key work with EADM? I know you can't put retail keys on anything other than the EADM, but maybe it's worth trying a Steam key on the DM. Seems to me like it could work.
It's all good, Steam was being a big fat liar, it actually didn't start the download again, it just said it did. Game is installed and I'm ready to jump in. Never seen that happen before.

TheExodu5

Banned
stuminus3 said:
It's all good, Steam was being a big fat liar, it actually didn't start the download again, it just said it did. Game is installed and I'm ready to jump in. Never seen that happen before.

I think it's because it gets to a stage where it starts to decompress data, and somehow resets itself.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I mentioned earlier in the thread, but I read Blindsight by Peter Watts recently and I found it to be intriguing and thought-provoking hard scifi.

His Crysis novelization could very well be good.

Top Bottom