• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

bhlaab

MisterAnderson said:
So I think I kind of like the "blurriness" of PostMSAA=1 combined with Edge AA=3 the best out of everything I've tried. Turning PostMSAA off completely really shows some aliasing pretty bad. I'd imagine 8x forced AA would look best though, has anyone figured out how to do that? (nvidia)

Apparently if you plug 0x000012C1 into nvidia inspector you can enable Sparse Grid Supersampling under transparency options. Some people say it works, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

screenshots here
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3930970&postcount=340

Just beat it, hell of a game. My game time was 8 hours and change but I died quite a bit and I don't think it counted that.

Edit: normal difficulty, 360 version

Nekrono

Version 1.5 of the config tool is out.

crysis2advancedgraphics.png

Changes (Verison 1.5)
*added HDR brightness level
*added Bloom level
*skipped initial login by default
*possibly fixed the no-motion blur bugs
*creates a seperate autoexec.cfg file where you open the .exe file for more easy editing.

Changes (Version 1.4)
*added Shadows option
*added SSAO Option
*added color grading option
*added VSync option
*motion blur should now disable when set to disabled
*fixed some minor bugs

Link

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gotta commend Crytek for releasing a long FPS game among a sea of short campaigns. Especially this game with the graphic quality being so high.

My clock is at over 5 hours which doesnt count deaths and im on ch 9 or 19. Playing on veteran which is 2nd hardest difficulty.

Sanjay

Neuromancer said:
Subscribed, that guy's hilarious.

LOL when he compares Halo and Crysis that they both have super suits but:-

"only with this super suit, you can do a lot more then fucking jump high"

Jadedx

Banned
Sanjay said:
LOL when he compares Halo and Crysis that they both have super suits but:-

"only with this super suit, you can do a lot more then fucking jump high"
In halo you can jump high, run fast, cloak, drop shield, and jetpak.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Finished the game today... feel like I'm echoing everyone else, but the final half/third was pretty awesome.

So what are the implications of the ending? Is Alcatraz completely dead and gone? Has Prophet taken over his body? Are they co-existing? Alcatraz is a corpse, right? What's Rasch's role in all this? Is Nomad and Psycho dead or bonkers or something? Hargreave's dead for sure, right? Also, why the heck does Alcatraz follow all of Hargreave's orders when it's obvious the guy's being shady as hell? I know he's mostly a corpse and can't talk and is dependent on the Nano-suit, but isn't he capable of independent thought? I did think the Nano-suit developing something of a personality (sorta, I guess that was Prophet's ghost in the machine) was neat.
That's basically everything I took away from the ending as well (besides OMG HORRIBLE BINK VIDEO COMPRESSION! *vomits*).
That Rasch(sp) guy is a non-entity and just there to set up a sequel, unless there is something I missed in one of the unlockable emails.
As for Nomad and Psycho, I'm guessing they never found Prophet and are still out there somewhere.

Lingitiz

Jadedx said:
In halo you can jump high, run fast, cloak, drop shield, and jetpak.
Those are all additive things in Halo though, whereas in crysis they are part of the main gameplay loop. Halo's main pillars are weapons, grenades, and melee at its core.

eshwaaz said:
I've been taking a pretty aggressive approach so far, but I like the sound of that. Looking forward to trying that tomorrow.
Yep, you can fire off about 2-3 Scarab shots while cloaked with that combo before you have to take cover and let it regen. It's very fun meticulously progressing through a huge area picking off dudes one by one, maybe using like 10 or 15 bullets total, all while not being shot at once. Gotta have patience and scope out the area with the visor first, but you'll feel like the fkng Predator.

bhlaab

Does the game ever explain why Prophet had the shitty nanosuit with the utilitarian hud and less versatility while Nomad and Psycho had ones with ipod touch UIs and better energy management?

My theory is that Raptor Team was run by a bunch of racists.

jackdoe

Heavy said:
Yep, you can fire off about 2-3 Scarab shots while cloaked with that combo before you have to take cover and let it regen. It's very fun meticulously progressing through a huge area picking off dudes one by one, maybe using like 10 or 15 bullets total, all while not being shot at once. Gotta have patience and scope out the area with the visor first, but you'll feel like the fkng Predator.
Pistol is even better. It is ridiculously accurate and eats up little energy. When I finally got my silencer for the pistol late in the game, I felt unstoppable against human enemies.

jackdoe said:
Pistol is even better. It is ridiculously accurate and eats up little energy. When I finally got my silencer for the pistol late in the game, I felt unstoppable against human enemies.
Haven't tried it with the pistol, good call. Only thing is it'll prob be harder to take them out from long range (I'm guessing)

jackdoe

Heavy said:
Haven't tried it with the pistol, good call. Only thing is it'll prob be harder to take them out from long range (I'm guessing)
You can get amazingly close to enemies while cloaked without them noticing. It's better than stealth kills since you decloak and alert other enemies. I ended up clearing rooms of six enemies while stealthed, with the silenced pistol and got no alerts.

george_us

dark10x said:
Hmm, so odd that you say that as the first third of the game is my favorite, actually. :\
I just thought the level design was pretty god awful and offered almost no vertical gameplay. Plus the humans are boring to fight against. From Dead Man Walking until now (Dark Heart) the game has been a friggin' blast.

Fighting the Ceph after "Dark Heart" becomes amazing. The game finally starts to feel like Crysis 1, in my opinion. I hope it keeps up. Unfortunately, glitches are still present. The story is also bizarre as Hell.

I wish I had millions of dollars to fund a Gantz video game with this kind of quality.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wish I had millions of dollars to fund a Gantz video game with this kind of quality.

Would possibly be the best game ever.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I know but like I said, it's not killing them. Any idea of what they want me to be throwing?

Hmm I'm not sure man. I know I killed a guy with a table.

DoomGyver

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I know but like I said, it's not killing them. Any idea of what they want me to be throwing?
Play on easy, wound them first and aim for their head. Also pretty sure kicking cars into enemies counts towards this achievement too.

Is anyone else with the PC version experiencing a lot of freezing? Frequently my whole picture freezes, with the music continuing in the background. Sometimes if I wait several seconds, the screen will flash and it will go back to normal. Most of the time I have to ctrl-alt-del out and go back in. Sometimes ctrl-alt-del wont even respond and I have to hard reboot.

jackdoe

Fighting the Ceph after "Dark Heart" becomes amazing. The game finally starts to feel like Crysis 1, in my opinion. I hope it keeps up. Unfortunately, glitches are still present. The story is also bizarre as Hell.
The plot feels so disjointed. Especially the first level where they just throw you into the world and a voice tells you to kill people. You're not quite sure who these people are, you are just told they're bad guys and need to die.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm powersliding everywhere in MP now. It's better than armor mode because no-one can hit you and the skill kills are fun as hell. :)

Full Recovery said:
Play on easy, wound them first and aim for their head. Also pretty sure kicking cars into enemies counts towards this achievement too.
Nah that can't be, because I've done that plenty and never gotten the popup saying I had 1/10.

I managed to do it with an explosive barrel, it killed a guy but didn't explode. I guess I have to use heavier objects. 9 more to go!

Thanks for the help everyone.

I don't get shoehorning in PMC's, the corporation that made the suits, the manhunt for Prophet, the whole tenuous plague/cure angle or Alcatraz being completely mute Freeman-style in all these interactions with other people. I just feel like I'm being pointlessly bounced around the city.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
luka said:
I'm powersliding everywhere in MP now. It's better than armor mode because no-one can hit you and the skill kills are fun as hell. :)

Multiplayer is working a lot better now, and it's sick as hell. I'm still unlearning a lot of the other shooter mechanics I'm used to, but yea sliding around is a great tool. Crash SIte is my go to chaos mode, and Assault is surprisingly slow paced and tense. Love it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sanjay said:
I have beat Halo 1, 2 & 3 and I don't recall anything other then jumping high in slow motion to be honest.

All of those are in Halo Reach

You can only do 1 at a time

Heavy said:
With a laser sight it's easy. Not much sway either so you don't even need to stabilize your aim most of the time.

I'm still one of the folks that are unable to login to their MyCrysis account on PC to play online. This is seriously beyond ridiculous now.

Anyone ever try getting a refund through Steam? How do I even go about doing that? With the 3DS coming out I won't be geting too much MP in and was hoping to play non-stop all this past week :/

zlatko

Banned
Started the campaign up tonight and messed around in multiplayer. Haters gonna hate but it's definitely a tie between this and Killzone 3 for best looking console game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Team Klimt said:
I'm still one of the folks that are unable to login to their MyCrysis account on PC to play online. This is seriously beyond ridiculous now.

Anyone ever try getting a refund through Steam? How do I even go about doing that? With the 3DS coming out I won't be geting too much MP in and was hoping to play non-stop all this past week :/
They rarely do that and if they do it's a "one per customer" thing. Might be better to just make another account or wait the issues out.

Anyone else having huge problems getting into muliplayer matches in the PC version? I think i have played 4-5 matches in like 6 hours. I keep getting into a server that never starts, it just sits there in the lobby. And whenever i actually get to play a match i always get disconected when the match is over and i have to find a new server. Thinking of getting the console version because of this..

SapientWolf said:
They rarely do that and if they do it's a "one per customer" thing. Might be better to just make another account or wait the issues out.

Balls. No MP at all during launch week - for tons of players. What a huge fuck-up.

FStop7

Banned
This game pushed me over the edge. I was getting around 25fps with my 1GB 4890 at 1900x1200 on "Extreme" on my Mac Pro under Win7 x64. So I went ahead and ordered the 5870 since that's the only upgrade option I have with native OSX support. My 4890 was flashed and could be a little wonky (erratic fan behavior) so I was already prepared to replace it. I wish I could have just gone straight to a 6000 series card, though.

AcciDante

Just played the part where
you meet hargreave, then that bridge collapses.
How much longer do you think I have? I'm enjoying it a lot, but I want to get it back to gamefly before my next billing period!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
AcciDante said:
Just played the part where
you meet hargreave, then that bridge collapses.
How much longer do you think I have? I'm enjoying it a lot, but I want to get it back to gamefly before my next billing period!

You are almost done. 2 levels left I believe.

kitch9

Banned
LaserBuddha said:
Is anyone else with the PC version experiencing a lot of freezing? Frequently my whole picture freezes, with the music continuing in the background. Sometimes if I wait several seconds, the screen will flash and it will go back to normal. Most of the time I have to ctrl-alt-del out and go back in. Sometimes ctrl-alt-del wont even respond and I have to hard reboot.

Sounds like a display driver crash, back your overclock off if you have one, this game works a video card like no other..... Its almost Furmark levels of heat...

DSN2K

playing the pc version....game is great for what it is.

Certainly isn't as open as Crysis 1 but as I said for what it is, its still a fantastic shooter with great visuals and Im loving it so far.

kitch9

Banned
jackdoe said:
The plot feels so disjointed. Especially the first level where they just throw you into the world and a voice tells you to kill people. You're not quite sure who these people are, you are just told they're bad guys and need to die.

Uhm, that was the point. Alcatraz has fuck all idea what's going on, there's a dude on the radio calling him prophet and that's it....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bridge level is fucking terrible and throwing me back to the start for failing the QTE at the end is an awful idea.

The last couple of levels have seen such a tremendous drop in quality. They're not very good at all.

Top Bottom