• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

~Kinggi~

Banned
AEREC said:
ugh...for some reason the alien bio matter stopped registering when I pick it up...it still says I collected 100 non crystals (or whatever) but my count in the upgrade screen always says zero.
This bug seems pretty fucking common.

Is this always happening on everybody's game? I havent got to the end yet but im still unaffected.

StuBurns

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
I slaughtered enough space squids to get all the nanosuit upgrades in my first playthrough-- will these carry over if I start a new campaign from the main menu? Nano-recharge seems to be the most useful; the suit fully recharges in ~2 seconds. It really helps out in heated firefights.
I maxed it out in one playthru too, and yeah, it all carries over.

RoboPlato said:
What upgrades are people using on the suit? I have Cloak Tracking, Nano-recharge, Mobility Enhance, and Stealth Enhance on.
Same.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What upgrades are people using on the suit? I have Cloak Tracking, Nano-recharge, Mobility Enhance, and Stealth Enhance on.

Weenerz

Banned
Possible to remove the intro videos that you can't skip when booting the PC version? Takes like 2 minutes to get to the damn log-in screen.

Ros8105

Weenerz said:
Possible to remove the intro videos that you can't skip when booting the PC version? Takes like 2 minutes to get to the damn log-in screen.
Add "g_skipIntro=1" in the system.cfg in the main Crysis 2 folder.

AEREC said:
ugh...for some reason the alien bio matter stopped registering when I pick it up...it still says I collected 100 non crystals (or whatever) but my count in the upgrade screen always says zero.
Yeah there's a glitch that goes with the loss of the points you already had where restarting a level puts you at a negative point value, something like -800 points, so until you fill that deficit it shows 0.

Finally got my hands on the PS3-version. And, I don't know what's going with some people here, but I think that even this "bad" version is quite solid. There are a few bugs here and there, but the graphics, sound (best gunsounds I have ever heard in any game thus far) and gameplay are quite good.
It's not Game of the decade-good, but a very strong contender of this year.
I also think that the graphics are better than those of Killzone 3. But that may be due to the more realistic approach than Killzone's story and style.

Wazzim

Banned
This game has some amazing physics! lol

crysis22011-03-2621-25aans.png

Binabik15 said:
That reminds me, is there any news on C2 piracy?

I mean, the leak had the whole security accesible, right? That can´t be good.

console version were leaked about 1.5 weeks before release, pc version about 3 days after release.

Sethos

Banned
fizzelopeguss said:
console version were leaked about 1.5 weeks before release, pc version about 3 days after release.

You didn't hear about the full developer compiled build leaking over a month in advance, did you? Complete with SecurRom master keys, Sandbox etc.

RoboPlato said:
Definitely mobility enhance and stealth enhance, those are no brainers. I use cloak tracking too because I don't like the others (I really dont need to see bullet trails glowing green and the proximity sound is really annoying.)

The toughest call is between nanorecharge and armor enhance, I think I usually go with armor enhance though. Otherwise armor runs out quicker than I'd like.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neuromancer said:
Definitely mobility enhance and stealth enhance, those are no brainers. I use cloak tracking too because I don't like the others (I really dont need to see bullet trails glowing green and the proximity sound is really annoying.)

The toughest call is between nanorecharge and armor enhance, I think I usually go with armor enhance though. Otherwise armor runs out quicker than I'd like.
Yeah, the Threat Tracker looks awful and kills the framerate on PS3. I don't even think I've seen any cloaked enemies but I put it on since the others in that category seemed useless. I thought that switching from Armor Enhance to Nano-recharge would make armor go down too fast but if you can get to cover for 2 seconds it recharges all the way and you can basically keep it going forever if you get the rhythm down. Stealth Enhance plus Nano-recharge just feels like cheating at some points when trying to be stealthy.

Y2Kev said:
Haven't you ever just stood somewhere thinking about something for like a minute or two, then someone comes by and asks what you're doing? I think that was the deal with that guy.

RoboPlato said:
Yeah, the Threat Tracker looks awful and kills the framerate on PS3. I don't even think I've seen any cloaked enemies but I put it on since the others in that category seemed useless. I thought that switching from Armor Enhance to Nano-recharge would make armor go down too fast but if you can get to cover for 2 seconds it recharges all the way and you can basically keep it going forever if you get the rhythm down. Stealth Enhance plus Nano-recharge just feels like cheating at some points when trying to be stealthy.
OK you convinced me, I should change. I use stealth way more than armor anyway.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I had the tracer upgrade as well as the one that showed footsteps. I didnt really care for either, but having both on made me feel like I was some super cyborg predicting shots and movements.

Otherwise I didn't pay any attention to the suit upgrades. I think I picked the mobility one so I could sprint more. By the end I had only upgraded once for each category.

The lack of a NG+ kills a lot of stuff like this for me. Sames goes for Bulletstorm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
EatChildren said:
I had the tracer upgrade as well as the one that showed footsteps. I didnt really care for either, but having both on made me feel like I was some super cyborg predicting shots and movements.

Otherwise I didn't pay any attention to the suit upgrades. I think I picked the mobility one so I could sprint more. By the end I had only upgraded once for each category.

The lack of a NG+ kills a lot of stuff like this for me. Sames goes for Bulletstorm.
I'm pretty sure this does have NG+.

~Kinggi~

Banned
EatChildren said:

This has ng+. You keep all your shit on the next game and can build on that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh cool. Didnt notice.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would love to play the online maps and key campaign areas against waves of soldiers/aliens/bosses with weapons laying around. Please release tools Crytek...

Tom Penny

Man. I've been getting raped in the same section for a while now then the game froze :| Damn super mech thingamagigs. Hard to take down.

Tom Penny said:
Man. I've been getting raped in the same section for a while now then the game froze :| Damn super mech thingamagigs. Hard to take down.
Well here's how I do them, if I can:

I go into stealth and use all my C4 on them, works like a charm. If that doesn't kill them, I would use a JAW rocket and that should do it.

JambiBum

Assault reminds me so much of spies vs mercs. I love it. Too bad I can never play it because some asshole glitched the lobbies. He just sits there some how and no one can so anything. Keeps pulling us into his game

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tom Penny said:
Yeah, those things are a bitch, but I have to admit that the encounters are memorable. You really have to be cautious and make the best use of everything around you. They aren't just pushovers that you can unload into.

The only downside is that the checkpointing can make certain encounters annoying. The one around the Times Square looking area, for instance, checkpoints you a couple minutes before the mech shows up. You have to fight some aliens first and then it appears. As it can kill you within seconds, if you screw up, this is annoying.

jackdoe

Neuromancer said:

I go into stealth and use all my C4 on them, works like a charm. If that doesn't kill them, I would use a JAW rocket and that should do it.
Exactly. They aren't exactly the brightest bunch and their weaknesses are pretty much where you expect them to be (the back which the game actually spells out in its loading screen tips).

mbmonk

I have to eat some crow on this game. I have been fairly vocal that I was not a fan of the SP up to the point I had played it.

I got very little enjoyment out of the early part of the game. But things got much better once I got to the
alien hive entrance
. After that point the enemies became more interesting, suit unlocks we made available on a much broader scale, large scale events occurred, and classic Cryteck touches to the environment that wowed me (waterfalls, whirlpools, etc.).

I will say I am still not a fan of the pacing or length of the first chunk of the game. The missions bored me as well as the enemies and gameplay. But it's hitting it's stride now. I just wish they didn't make people suffer through the first couple of hours. Those early hours make it a bit harder to recommend to others because the slog is so long to get to the good stuff.

Zomba13

So I've noticed when playing this that after a while my computer starts clicking. Like, a cable is touching a fan. Only seems to happen playing this game for a while, not noticed it with anything else and it goes away once I stop playing for a while. Like, the longer I play the louder it gets.

I think playing this makes my card run really hot and its doing something. I checked HWMonitor and my cards temp was apparently 83C at max with an average of 70 something. Don't know what temps it gets to running other games but haven't noticed any clicking. Seems to go completely when my card cools down. I'm idling at around 54C now and no clicking at all. Could it be the cards fan working harder and nothing to worry about or should I check it out?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it me or is the second half the game miles and miles and miles better than the first half? I was all but ready to throw in the towel but the 2nd half just killed it level after level.

Tom Penny

Neuromancer said:

I've killed them before.
I couln't grab the 2 C4. Probably a glitch at the spot i'm in. It's the enclosed building, then aliens attack you too. I'll get it eventually

Wazzim

Banned
Zomba13 said:
So I've noticed when playing this that after a while my computer starts clicking. Like, a cable is touching a fan. Only seems to happen playing this game for a while, not noticed it with anything else and it goes away once I stop playing for a while. Like, the longer I play the louder it gets.

I think playing this makes my card run really hot and its doing something. I checked HWMonitor and my cards temp was apparently 83C at max with an average of 70 something. Don't know what temps it gets to running other games but haven't noticed any clicking. Seems to go completely when my card cools down. I'm idling at around 54C now and no clicking at all. Could it be the cards fan working harder and nothing to worry about or should I check it out?
Definitely a cable or something sitting against one of the fans, I had that too recently.

CozMick

Banned
Violater said:
What is the final word on the PS3 online?

I'm level 25 on the PS3 version so my impressions are from around 10 hours of play.

Maps are varied and the design on most is pretty damn good.

Framerate is iffy on some parts of certain maps, including when someone calls in a Orbital Strike on Skyline (beta map) but the motion blur really helps the game feel smooth most of the time.

The amount of weapons is sparce, 3 assault, 2 smgs, 3 lmgs, 2 shotguns and a couple more.

The Module and "challenge" system is based on Call of Duty and there are hundreds of them.

Dog tags are unlocked for achieving specific hidden goals which is fun.

The matchmaking is quite quick, not CoD quick but alot quicker than Uncharted 2, although the host selection process is a bit broken in my opinion, it changes host after EVERY round regardless of whether the previous host had a good connection..

The Killcam is the biggest broken piece of shit in video game history, think of the worst MW2 killcam you have ever seen and then times it by 10..

Player base is sweet so far, plenty of people have mics.

There are 6 game modes with a few different variations in each mode. (I've only played TDM)

Overall, it's a great multiplayer, and a keeper :)

kitch9

Banned
1080p, 3d, max detail and 60fps is absolutely stunning at times..... I'm about half way through.

Can we have all 3d done like this please!?!?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't know if it is me playing Crysis 1 too much but I find this game to be perfectly designed for open ended encounters. Tons of stuff to do, I'm not sure if could've noticed all these possibilities if I haven't played the first one a lot. Fun, fun, fun.

The only difference is that I don't need to haul my ass through jungles anymore.

I miss vehicles though. Big landscapes allowed their use. Also Crysis 2 is designed like a chain of stages. It would be nice if they allowed me to use different paths so I could just pass some places like I did in the first one. But I'm only at the beginning so this may change.

glad to see this winning people over :) i'm pacing myself... but yeah, it's definately picking up since heading to the hive. the part after that where you drive after that quick as you can, i fucked up the jump and was clearly just going to miss the landing... but somehow i bailed out of the jeep and while the jeep missed the landing and plummeted hundreds of feet i didn't.

total heart in mouth moment. it was awesome.

i was pretty annoyed i couldn't get up to Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. Alcatraz hadn't eaten anything in ages, and he wanted a Shack Double.

Pimpbaa said:
They aren't endless tho, the reinforcements do end eventually. I try to kill them all since I do enjoy the combat, especially if they are aliens so I can get lots of catalyst points.
Yeah, they aren't endless. Honestly I don't even know what they're talking about. I haven't experienced this, unless they're referring to the reinforcements after you're detected and a guy shoots up the red flare? They're not endless.

The enemy encounter design overall is in another league compared to the shit that was Crysis 1's aliens (half the game), thanks to the much improved AI of said aliens.

Violater

CozMick said:
I'm level 25 on the PS3 version so my impressions are from around 10 hours of play.

Good description

Overall, it's a great multiplayer, and a keeper :)

Awesome thanks for that, I was worried that connection issues would have been carried over from the demo I was unable to play.

Heavy said:
Yeah, they aren't endless. Honestly I don't even know what they're talking about. I haven't experienced this, unless they're referring to the reinforcements after you're detected and a guy shoots up the red flare? They're not endless.

The enemy encounter design overall is in another league compared to the shit that was Crysis 1's aliens (half the game), thanks to the much improved AI of said aliens.
i have seen some fairly horrid spawning though. like, you go down a dead end corridor, turn around and start heading back the other way, and suddenly you're being shot in the back by a guy that just spawned.

that's be my only complaint really... the spawns aren't very well hidden at times.

Top Bottom