• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

CozMick

Banned
Violater said:
Awesome thanks for that, I was worried that connection issues would have been carried over from the demo I was unable to play.

Yeah, the beta was a broken mess when trying to connect to games, I've had no problems whatsoever connecting to games and have yet to be disconnected :)

Zomba13

Wazzim said:
Definitely a cable or something sitting against one of the fans, I had that too recently.
Had a feeling it was that because I had that happen before. Just seems odd to me it only happens when I've been playing Crysis 2 a while. I guess it uses more GPU power and heats up more/works the fan harder and a cable moves because of the heat/added breeze. Gonna be a hassle to open it up and check/move cables because of my water cooling system has the intake fan for the radiator on the side's fan hole.

~Kinggi~ said:
This bug seems pretty fucking common.

Is this always happening on everybody's game? I havent got to the end yet but im still unaffected.

I got the bug, luckily I bought the best upgrades already so it's no biggie. I want to try out the others though, so it really sucks.

pakkit

Banned
dark10x said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vre1ABXbMoM&NR=1

Reraise. Shuffle up and deal!

This games rough around the edges, but Crytek's games always have that element. I think they've struck an interesting balance between consolized FPSes and their high end computer roots. You have little FPS sandboxes in highly detailed environments. I think I'm a little over half way now, game definitely rocks. Some of the scenarios are pretty frustrating though. Awful, awful save scheme. Sup Bioshock.

Shinn, I have no idea how you take those console screenshots but they look incredible. Perhaps some trickery at hand here >.<

RoboPlato said:
What upgrades are people using on the suit? I have Cloak Tracking, Nano-recharge, Mobility Enhance, and Stealth Enhance on.
Was about to pose the same question. I use a similar setup except I like the green bullet paths from the Tracer upgrade. Looks really cool :D

It's kinda funny that a 600 point upgrade is the best out of the mobility choices. The sprint energy decrease isn't why it's good though... it's good because it decreases energy use by half when you move while cloaked, which is a HUGE upgrade if you play stealthy.

jett said:
I don't know if the aliens in C2 are stupid or if this is part of the game design, but it's really easy to get behind them and stealth kill them. More fun than fighting them in the first game, though. :p
Wait until you get to a level where they actually start investigating your intervention. That's when the game is at its best. In my opinion, both Crysis 1 and 2 hit their high strides when you feel like a Predator.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished it. Fantastic single player. Easily one of the best FPS in years. Awesome combat options, great atmosphere and it's pretty long. I can't recommend this game enough.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit, Dennis.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It also seemed like some levels are missing to me. Like when you get on a convoy and control the vehicle's machinegun, you expect a rail shooter sequence to follow but the level just ends and the next one is after the convoy arrived wherever so you're on foot. Disjointed/misplaced stuff like that.

TheExodu5

Banned
raphier said:
Give me your configs, NOW!

Just a note, one thing that makes Denis' shots look so damned amazing is that they're 2560*1600 downsampled to 1680*1050.

The shots I've been posting lately are 1920*1080 downsized to 1600*900.

That basically means our shots are super sampled. In game, things look a lot more aliased.

DennisK4 said:
Non-vaseline edition

snip
Oh look my 20/20 vision returned...

What is your config ? That actually looks like a pc game again.
I was afraid that the game would look terrible once you 'd turn off TAA (suddenly : bad textures)
But it actually looks good.
Makes it even more baffling that these are not the default settings.

Put more hours into the single player and im really enjoying the game, just wish there was a way to remove the blur effect (360 version). I finally calibrated my new tv and the game looks a lot better, the low resolution objects and enemys in the distance look like shit on my 55" but overall I think this is one of the better looking console games.

Played a little bit of multiplayer and enjoyed what I played, would have played more but my 7 year old wireless router is going to shit and cant get my 360 slim out of a strict NAT so it takes a bit to find games. Time to buy a new router, any suggestions sorry its kinda off topic

Ugh, the multiplayer in this game is basically unplayable right now (360 version).

I have 50 down, 5 up connection and haven't seen more than 2 bars.

It's a random, spray-and-pray nightmare.

Enosh

finaly found some decend 6v6 servers, christ so much of an beter MP expiriance, they are usualy full so i have to spam the "join" button untill i get in but once I am in it's great

seriously who ever had the bright idea to cave into the whining of some PC gamers and go with 8v8 should get draged behind cryteks office and shoot

derFeef

Wazzim said:
The config in the OP sets my settings to the lowest pre-set ingame, is that normal?

edit: whoops, I wanted to quote that one, I apologize, Wazzim.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Dennis I too demand to know how you're playing it. I will copy your settings exactly when I play!

I got eyestrain from his setting, just to let you know. There is no AA - it just looks good on the shots because it is downsampled.

Grisby

The Antitype said:
Ugh, the multiplayer in this game is basically unplayable right now (360 version).

I have 50 down, 5 up connection and haven't seen more than 2 bars.

It's a random, spray-and-pray nightmare.

I haven't played many matches, maybe 6, but only one of the, was really laggy. Hope its stable tonight if I get on. Loving the MP and I might try to get to 50.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I need non-vaselinovision. That looks awesome.

I think I need to start a new organization. GAT. Gamers against temporal AA. We will start by purchasing those leftover GATT logos.

Frostburn

So I finally getting around to checking out the demo, have to log in or create an account. I already have an account but I don't know what my "Nickname" is supposed to be. I click the recover password button, get to the site, change my password and when I go to look at my profile it acts like I'm signed out. I go to the forum, I can click the button to create a post then it tells me I need to be signed in. I am already signed in. So I can't "register" since I already have that e-mail address in use but I can't use that account to sign in to anything. Amazing and broken shit. Apparently this is a "known" issue. Glad I didn't just buy the game since I wouldn't even be able to play at the last the multiplayer portion of it because their shit is broken.

EatChildren said:
Here are some comparison shots I took of tessellation in the Unigine Heaven DX11 benchmark. It would be utterly glorious if they got it in Crysis 2. Imagine it on the bricks walls, the rubble, the structures, the Ceth *drools*.

Before and after.
Before and after.
Before and after.

I shouldn't get me hopes up. I do hope more games impliment tessellation though.

What DX11 brings is more than just tessellation, developers get quad core and higher multicore support. Which means better performance, i.e Physics, A.I, audio, Rendering. Tessellation also has levels, low-high.

Right now I want go home and kick some enemies .

aeolist

Banned
Really considering waiting for a mod that turns off the tactical options in the visor, gets rid of the suit voice entirely, and makes ADS/strength jumping feel a lot snappier before I play anymore.

Max

I am not Max
When using that Advanced Graphics Options .exe the damage overlay (jelly vision?) acts all glitchy. The screen either goes completely black or leaves a frozen frame of your gun. Hard to explain.

aeolist said:
Really considering waiting for a mod that turns off the tactical options in the visor, gets rid of the suit voice entirely, and makes ADS/strength jumping feel a lot snappier before I play anymore.
Might be a while, we finally have access to the pack files through unofficial means but Crytek is cracking down on any reference to it and not allowing the sharing of modded files through their forums.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
MickeyKnox said:
Crytek is cracking down on any reference to it and not allowing the sharing of modded files through their forums.

Damn, that's ridiculous. Why??? I was editing Village two weeks ago and it wasn't even hidden in the archive.

subversus

MickeyKnox said:
Why do people still no get the difference between releasing an indie dev kit and mod tools for Crysis 2.

that's because you will be able to use it to mod this game.

Alexios

subversus said:
Um, what? When did they announce this? Releasing the engine stand alone like UDK is far from making Crysis 2 modable so when did they announce that they will do both?

It's still too freaking far... At least release a level editor to keep the fun going, Crytek... People could then use the MP maps and key campaign areas for fun invasion modes.

aeolist

Banned
Alextended said:
Um, what? When did they announce this? Releasing the engine stand alone like UDK is far from making Crysis 2 modable so when did they announce that they will do both?

It's still too freaking far... At least release a level editor to keep the fun going, Crytek... People could then use the MP maps and key campaign areas for fun invasion modes.
Depends on how they have the dedicated servers set up. Did they release the code so people can run their own or do you have to rent one from an affiliate like Bad Company 2?

subversus

Alextended said:

Far? Since there is unofficial resource unpacker out already it's not far.

but yes, it won't be as easily modded as Crysis 1 unfortunately.

I don't know why they decided against mods this time. It's stupid.

Tom Penny said:
360 or PS3 version?
maximum_trolling.JPG

Alexios

aeolist said:
Depends on how they have the dedicated servers set up. Did they release the code so people can run their own or do you have to rent one from an affiliate like Bad Company 2?
I meant single player but I think they have anyway? If not, that's super duper lame too.

aeolist

Banned
subversus said:
Far? Since there is unofficial resource unpacker out already it's not far.

but yes, it won't be as easily modded as Crysis 1 unfortunately.

I don't know why they decided against mods this time. It's stupid.
Probably they want to sell DLC? Hard to do that when you have a community putting out better content for free and more often than you can scrape together a map pack.

subversus said:
It won't ship with any of the Crysis 2 assets, and unless they reverse their position on the editing the game then any mod for Crysis 2 will be considered a violation of the EULA.

Top Bottom