• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Trickster

Trickster said:
I'm currently downloading the game from steam. Just want to know which setting from the tweak guide in the OP is the one the affect the vaseline filter I'm hearing a lot about, kinda want that turned off if possible.

Quoting myself in the hopes that someone will answer my question :)

JB1981

Casp0r said:
Strange I've seen no one mention the cover system this game has ... it's kind of good, doesn't work on everything but it works quite well.
Hm weird I never use it. Should I start? Does it actually shield you from enemy fire? It feels really clunky

NotTarts said:
Crysis 2, IMO, has a perfect balance between the orchestral music of Crysis and electronic/drum music of Warhead.
I think it would be amazing if this game had a fully electronic soundtrack. Imagine if Solar Fields did it (Mirror's Edge).

I just started hitting the nighttime levels. Right now I'm in the central area with the Pinger and the infinitely respawning Ceph grunts. There was a video posted of that level last week. Holy crap. I love it when the game goes into Hunter vs. Hunter mode. I wish the entire game was like this. This kind of combat is so exhilarating.

j-wood said:
I second this. It cannot be stated enough how awesome I think the multiplayer is.

I love the unlock system and using the nanosuit in multiplayer is just badass.

One of my favorite features is how you actually have to pick up the dog tags in order to earn your killstreak. That simple feature adds balance to the awfulness it is in the COD series. It adds even more challenge to it.
Wow, that's pretty neat. Note to self: pick up dog tags.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I've put in a few hours of the SP and MP and it is really growing on me. I wasn't so pleased with either at first, too. Definitely going to try pushing a finish on the SP today. Playing on the second hardest difficulty I think. I don't remember the name. Feels pretty solid. Rarely do I feel over powered, and switching to shield has been saving my ass quite often. I think I'm starting to prefer this way with the powers over the first.

pix

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2FCrysis-2-PC-213107%2FNews%2FCrysis-2-Patch-DX11-Update-mit-erweitertem-Grafikmenue-soll-morgen-kommen-817619%2F

How credible is this. DX11 coming tomorrow.

pix said:
http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2FCrysis-2-PC-213107%2FNews%2FCrysis-2-Patch-DX11-Update-mit-erweitertem-Grafikmenue-soll-morgen-kommen-817619%2F

How credible is this. DX11 coming tomorrow.

Please be true.

As revealed on a German website now, tomorrow is a DirectX 11 update for Crysis appear second Der DX11-Patch. The DX11 patch does appear to an expanded menu graphics for the PC version of the new Crytek shooter with it.

>.<

AEREC

Does it not bother anyone that:

battlefield-bad-company-2-20090601045721547_640w.jpg

Is every other Cell soldier in the game...I mean how many times do i have to kill the guy.

Im pretty sure he was one of the marines in the sub at the beginning of the game too.

But seriously, having pretty much 80% of enemy soldiers being voiced by the same guy with no change in tone is a pretty major oversight in a highly cinematic game in this day and age.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AEREC said:

Is every other Cell soldier in the game...I mean how many time do i have to kill the guy.

Im pretty sure he was one of the marines in the sub at the beginning of the game too.

But seriously, having pretty much 80% of enemy soldiers being voiced by the same game with change in tone is a pretty major oversight in a highly cinematic game in this day and age.

Yeah, it's definitely annoying. I just try to imagine he gets away every time.

Majanew

Banned
AEREC said:

Is every other Cell soldier in the game...I mean how many times do i have to kill the guy.

But seriously, having pretty much 80% of enemy soldiers being voiced by the same guy with no change in tone is a pretty major oversight in a highly cinematic game in this day and age.
lol, every time I hear him, I'm like, "hey it's you!"

Took me a second to place where I've heard that voice before.

Dennis

Banned
nib95 said:
How is that remotely true? Workable within constraints would be not to try and up the graphics ante in place of a stable frame rate. I think they did the opposite, and pushed for better visuals with un-workable or un-optimised constraints.
Its true because the game works on 360 and PS3.

Simple as that. I don't know what you have trouble understanding.

Patrick Bateman said:
I don't get the fuss about Stealth mode in MP. When I played a couple of matches I mostly used the Armor mode, because it made more sense to me. That plus a LMG and you're set to kick asses and take names.

The only problem I have with the MP is that it's a tad laggy.
On 360 I installed the game and will frequently be the first one to load up a map. I get host A LOT, so I think there is some correlation on being first into a room and getting the host. If you're on 360, installing the game could mitigate lag.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I wasn't saying stop talking about SP or tech stuff, was just asking if things will eventually swing over to MP or if I'm gonna have to resort to another place/thread for MP talk.

Feels like there's loads of nuances to learn with all the abilities and complicated map design. Loving it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope to god we get more Crysis within a year. I don't like having to wait for so long. Maybe even two mini expansions, one for Psycho and one for Nomad? Like five levels a piece and filling in what happened to them?

I just need more.

NIN90

So I think my Crysis is still on 1.0 and that's why I can't find any servers.
When I try to apply the patch (got the game through EADM so no Steam auto-patching for me) it tells me that it can't find my Crysis 2 install and that I should reinstall. Fuck that. I'm not gonna redownload over 8 gigs.

nib95

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Its true because the game works on 360 and PS3.

Simple as that. I don't know what you have trouble understanding.

Your quote was...

DennisK4 said:
CryTek have done a damn fine job creating a game that is workable within the constraints demanded by being on the consoles

My point was, no they haven't really done a fine job at working within the constraints of consoles. Just because the game "works", does not mean they did a fine job of it. Unless your standards in that respect are quite low and "works" is comparable to "fine job". For me just working is very different to working damn fine. Imo the performance on consoles is not acceptable and more concessions should have been made to bring the performance up to par.

grendelrt

NIN90 said:
So I think my Crysis is still on 1.0 and that's why I can't find any servers.
When I try to apply the patch (got the game through EADM so no Steam auto-patching for me) it tells me that it can't find my Crysis 2 install and that I should reinstall. Fuck that. I'm not gonna redownload over 8 gigs.

Is it the auto patcher that is breaking? There was a thread on that, this may help

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13347

kaizoku said:
I wasn't saying stop talking about SP or tech stuff, was just asking if things will eventually swing over to MP or if I'm gonna have to resort to another place/thread for MP talk.

Feels like there's loads of nuances to learn with all the abilities and complicated map design. Loving it.

Agreed, I love the feel of multiplayer. It has the basic CoD mechanics, but the nano suit introduces enough nuances (love the superjump) to make everything feel fresh. Having dog tags related to killstreak bonuses is a fantastic idea as well.

Hixx

Aaah, this game has been the perfect cure to my Homefront hangover. If only the release dates were swapped around I would have saved £36 :(

Quick question: do the bigger aliens (that drop 500 nano dust) a) have visible weakspots and b) have nanovision or whatever its called? They always take an age to drop (I've put 3 JAV in one once and still had to finish it off with the SCAR) and always seem to spot me even when cloaked and a fair distance away.

HixxSAFC said:
Aaah, this game has been the perfect cure to my Homefront hangover. If only the release dates were swapped around I would have saved £36 :(

Quick question: do the bigger aliens (that drop 500 nano dust) a) have visible weakspots and b) have nanovision or whatever its called? They always take an age to drop (I've put 3 JAV in one once and still had to finish it off with the SCAR) and always seem to spot me even when cloaked and a fair distance away.
Head, upper back. Best way to sneak up and put 2 C4 on their backs.

Also, people getting spotted in cloak, are you letting it fully cloak you before you run out? It isn't like in Crysis 1 where cloaking is instant.

AEREC said:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/989/989038/battlefield-bad-company-2-20090601045721547_640w.jpg[IMG]

But seriously, having pretty much 80% of enemy soldiers being voiced by the same guy with no change in tone is a pretty major oversight in a highly cinematic game in this day and age.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's still standing though. Stubborn bitch.

HixxSAFC said:

Funny thing I just remembered... forget which level this was,
I think the one where you punch the 3 spore towers
but there was this huge area with a Heavy (that's what they're called) at the back of the map on a platform and I sneaked all the way back there cloaked really carefully w/o being detected by the other aliens. Climbed up to the platform, went a few feet behind him and threw four C4 charges on his back and blew him to smithereens. Laughed so hard hahahaha

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EviLore said:
Oh cool, all the nano catalyst I collected finally decided to disappear.
It will happen continually till the end of the game on checkpoint reloads and game restarts. Fortunately, the final level has 4 enemies at the end with 5k a piece so it's pretty easy to grab some of the bigger ones that you are missing in that level and once you get them they don't disappear like the nanotech. I'm gonna use that level to get the final two upgrades I'm missing for my replay.

Hixx

universalmind said:
Head, upper back. Best way to sneak up and put 2 C4 on their backs.

Also, people getting spotted in cloak, are you letting it fully cloak you before you run out? It isn't like in Crysis 1 where cloaking is instant.

thanks. to answer the cloaking question I've had no problems with it apart from the Heavy's.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is this game broken online? Spent half hour and i cant join any servers, either through server browser or quick match

StuBurns said:
In the traditional sense, Crysis is more of a sequel to FarCry than Crysis 2 is to Crysis. However it's gone in the direction I think a lot of people would have expected when they decided to bring the game to consoles. To say this isn't Crysis 2 implies there will be a gameplay sequel to Crysis, and I really doubt that.
I think you can draw a direct line of progression between Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2.

Crysis 1 released right alongside Call of Duty 4. They saw their PC-only game go on to sell a respectable 3+ million (how high is it now? who knows) while COD4 went on to sell nearly 20 million (or more at this point) across all 3 platforms and become the biggest FPS franchise in history. I don't see how this kind of disparity could *not* inform their design choices in a huge way.

Crysis 1 had multiplayer that mostly took after the biggest PC FPS at the time - Battlefield 2. It had large expansive battlefields, vehicles, and capture points, while adding its own twists. It didn't even ship with Team Deathmatch. After the success of COD4 the one multiplayer mode they added to Warhead was... Team Deathmatch. Now we have Crysis 2 with multiplayer that literally tries to be Call of Duty's small scale, small player count, progression-based combat with nanosuits.

StuBurns

Banned
nib95 said:
My point was, no they haven't really done a fine job at working within the constraints of consoles. Just because the game "works", does not mean they did a fine job of it. Unless your standards in that respect are quite low and "works" is comparable to "fine job". For me just working is very different to working damn fine. Imo the performance on consoles is not acceptable and more concessions should have been made to bring the performance up to par.
There must be a lot of console games you find unacceptable then.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Tweet from Tiago Sousa, Principle R&D Graphics Programmer from Crytek

http://twitter.com/#!/CRYTEK_TIAGO/status/52034965503873024

Cooking some great DX11 tech bits for C2 fans, be patient guys. All I can say, is that we have 16 ms or more to have fun with pc hardware...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
X-Frame said:
Is there a lot of people playing the PS3 version? Basically, is it difficult to find a game?

I hopped on for the first time last night and had no trouble getting a game in the beginner's room. And that was around 1am EST.

Top Bottom