• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

ColonelColon said:
I just read on somethingawful that Crysis 2 can already render in DX10 or DX11 if enabled through a config file.

Has anyone here tried this?
So it would be:

r_ShadersDX11=1
r_ShadersDX9=0
r_driver=dx11

since he doesn't have a DX11 card. I'll try it now

Mr Cola said:
Is this game broken online? Spent half hour and i cant join any servers, either through server browser or quick match
Pretty much, it's really hard to get into a game and when you do some kick you after a minute of playing. The party system is poorly designed, if you have 3 people in a party and you join a server and that server when you join it has only 1 slot open it'll let the host join, then give the other 2 people a "server is full" message, meaning the host has to realise what happened, leave the game and then invite everyone back into the party, this is especcially annoying as the server browser takes long to load all the servers so you can never really know how many slots are open as people may have joined since you searched. Also it has reset my rank a couple of times for no reason. Also the website to enter the LE code is broke.

tldr: wait for the multiplayer to be fixed before bothering to play it.

neoism

ColonelColon said:
I just read on somethingawful that Crysis 2 can already render in DX10 or DX11 if enabled through a config file.

Has anyone here tried this?
not sure my eyes are fucked I guess I really dont see a difference.
I am using the 1.2 version of the tool, and my system file is as follows.
; crysis2

sys_game_folder=GameCrysis2
sys_dll_game=CryGameCrysis2.dll
sys_user_folder=Crysis2

r_ShaderCompilerServer=192.168.14.180;192.168.14.181

log_IncludeTime = 1
sys_languages = "english,french,spanish,german,turkish,russian,polish,italian,czech,japanese,chineseT"

log_verbosity = 0

r_displayInfo = 1

sys_PakLogInvalidFileAccess=0
sys_float_exceptions=0

g_language = English

r_ShadersDX11=1
r_ShadersDX9=0
r_driver=dx11
r_drawnearfov = 78
d3d9_TextureFilter = trilinear

I would think a 5870 is DX11 ready :?

Hixx

Up to 'Power Out'. Last few levels have been awesome though I've seen enough Pinger's now to last a life time. The scene that they first used to show off Crysis 2 (iirc?) where
the building collapses on Central Station
, probably the best looking moment in any game on consoles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Heavy said:
So to turn on HDR and Bloom I should set it to 1.0? it's default in the program to 0

And the following are default settings in the program:
Radial Blur checkmarked
FSAA checkmarked
Edge AA: Lapace Edge AA (should I go to the second one, Edge AA?)
MSAA: Disabled
Motion blur: Camera and object

What are the recommended settings here?

I'm pretty sure HDR/Bloom at 0 will turn them off. 1 is 'default', 0 is the lowest it can go.

Otherwise I have everything set to high (since extreme apparently does nothing), all settings (shadows, ssao, fsaa, radial blur, colour grading) turned on, 4xMSAA, 0 edge AA, Camera + Object blur.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Has anyone's fan gone crazy while playing this game on the PS3? Anytime I start to play this game the fan goes crazy high and noisy. It scares the crap out of me since I've already gone through a YLOD with my first PS3. My current PS3 is a slim, anyone else's fans doing the same thing? A friend of mine has a fatty and his PS3 does the same thing when he plays Crysis2.

Red

neoism said:
not sure my eyes are fucked I guess I really dont see a difference.
I am using the 1.2 version of the tool, and my system file is as follows.

I would think a 5870 is DX11 ready :?
5xxx series are DX11 yes.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that that dx11 line did anything or not. Maybe?! Would have to take comparison pics but I'm too lazy.

EatChildren said:
I'm pretty sure HDR/Bloom at 0 will turn them off. 1 is 'default', 0 is the lowest it can go.

Otherwise I have everything set to high (since extreme apparently does nothing), all settings (shadows, ssao, fsaa, radial blur, colour grading) turned on, 4xMSAA, 0 edge AA, Camera + Object blur.
Thanks. Definitely not turning off HDR.

Top 10:

capture783l.jpg

lol I have 668 posts total and 205 of them are in here. Probably another 100 in the other Crysis threads. I need to get a life.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know what's weird? The Bryant Park area...
I'm assisting/protecting civilians...do you ever actually see a civilian?

JoeBoy101

I'd rather they fix some of the bugs instead and push that out sooner than the DX11 patch and a graphics menu. That said, I'll gladly take either. And if they're getting it out, say this week (or next), I'd be really impressed.

Though I really gotta wonder why they didn't just say they were cooking one up for post-release a month ago when they were taking grenades from the community.

Exuro

JoeBoy101 said:
. Though I really gotta wonder why they didn't just say they were cooking one up for post-release a month ago when they were taking grenades from the community.
I'm wondering this as well. Maybe the DX11 effects aren't news worthy? Not announcing/showing off the DX11 build before it gets patched tomorrow sounds a little worrying. If there are some awesome effects then preview images or a video would be expected, but a stealth patch sounds like there isn't going to be anything noteworthy in it.

jett

D-Member
Y2Kev said:

Personally I didn't pay attention to the objectives, couldn't care less about anyone in this game. I just killed stuff and moved to wherever the minimap was point me to.

Stitch

Gold Member
yeah I just run to the blue point and shoot everything that's standing in my way.

story and objectives are complete dogshit.

jackdoe

Just beat the game.
Pretty much just stealthed through the whole final level. Was disappointed that there was no final boss. Just a couple of elite units that went down easily.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jett said:
Personally I didn't pay attention to the objectives, couldn't care less about anyone in this game. I just killed stuff and moved to wherever the minimap was point me to.

Hargreave: By my most capricious calculation, all organic life bioforms inserted into the Dome Chamber by rhododendrons must cease to polish their vitamin E intake forms immediately or the coral ecosystems of Lacedonia will surely

hang on a minute

Alcatraz, I have to go take a shit. I will contact you with more interesting dialog soon.

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
Hargreave: By my most capricious calculation, all organic life bioforms inserted into the Dome Chamber by rhododendrons must cease to polish their vitamin E intake forms immediately or the coral ecosystems of Lacedonia will surely

hang on a minute

Alcatraz, I have to go take a shit. I will contact you with more interesting dialog soon.

hahahhahaha

Grisby

Y2Kev said:

I saw a couple for a brief second in a quarantine tent.

Heavy said:
Yeah, I'm not sure if that that dx11 line did anything or not. Maybe?! Would have to take comparison pics but I'm too lazy.

Thanks. Definitely not turning off HDR.
it's easy to confirm that it is running in dx11 using that if you have fraps... let me just check.

nope. that dx11 stuff does nada.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Uhh in the final area are there supposed to be some difficult enemies? Because there were just two clouds of 5000 nano catalyst sitting there when I got there :/

Anyway, finished it (post-human). 11 hours clocked on steam, minus playing some multiplayer and troubleshooting that glitch, so let's say 10 hours.

Thought it was dull in the first third, pretty fun in the middle, and overstayed its welcome in the last few levels. TSL is on, so no big final impressions just yet.

iNvid02

Heavy said:
Top 10:

capture783l.jpg

lol I have 668 posts total and 205 of them are in here. Probably another 100 in the other Crysis threads. I need to get a life.

how do you look at who's posted? didnt even know there was an option

JB1981

EviLore said:
Uhh in the final area are there supposed to be some difficult enemies? Because there were just two clouds of 5000 nano catalyst sitting there when I got there :/

Anyway, finished it (post-human). 11 hours clocked on steam, minus playing some multiplayer and troubleshooting that glitch, so let's say 10 hours.

Thought it was dull in the first third, pretty fun in the middle, and overstayed its welcome in the last few levels. TSL is on, so no big final impressions just yet.

Maybe they knew there was a bug and just threw them in last minute

StuBurns

Banned
EviLore said:

There were
four white eyed aliens for me.
Two of them got bugged on geometry so I just melee'd them to death though.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
EviLore said:
Yeah...
4 extra tough cloaked cepth
worth 5000 cats each. :p

You got robbed.

S.W.

luka said:
Yeah...4 extra tough cloaked cepth worth 5000 cats each. :p

You got robbed.
I was thinking, there's NO WAY one of these guys worth ten times more than a juggernaut. These assassins don't even have shielding protecting them being one-hit-kill by a melee from behind.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mikasangelos said:
Finished the campaign and oh man was it a blast! Visually stunning stuff.

So at the end.......Prophet was still alive?
I'm think Prophet was controlling you the whole time. His consciousness was in the suit and Alcatraz was essentially dead, just a catalyst for the suit to function. Once it absorbed enough Ceph DNA the suit, Alcatraz, and Prophet became one. I think that Alcatraz couldn't talk because he wasn't in control at all, Prophet was. It was only once Prophet's consciousness took over that he could speak.

Dennis

Banned
EatChildren said:
1.6 of the graphics tool is out.

Adds in 'extreme' graphics options that may improve visuals. HDR/Bloom default values are 1.
Have anybody tried this new version?

Does the 'Extreme' settings actually do anything at all better than 'High'?

By the way, tried to use the 360 controller for rumble but it is just not precise enough for me on Post-human difficulty.

Good god almighty at "Unsafe Haven", chapter 12 I believe. This might have been one of the greatest levels of anything I've ever played. Gameplay was fun and Crytek set a new benchmark for visuals, unbelievable. I could watch those big blue energy mortar rounds firing across the map dynamically light the entire environment over and over till my eyes bleed.

DennisK4 said:

Nah

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Heavy said:
Good god almighty at "Unsafe Haven", chapter 12 I believe. This might have been one of the greatest levels of anything I've ever played. Gameplay was fun and Crytek set a new benchmark for visuals, unbelievable. I could watch those big blue energy mortar rounds firing across the map dynamically light the entire environment over and over till my eyes bleed.
Yeah, that level was the highlight of the game for me. So many combat options a huge space to run around in, and awesome atmosphere.
Seeing the civilians trying to get on the trains and the rescue efforts run by the marines really struck me. You don't get to see stuff like that in most FPS now.

RoboPlato said:
Yeah, that level was the highlight of the game for me. So many combat options a huge space to run around in, and awesome atmosphere.
Seeing the civilians trying to get on the trains and the rescue efforts run by the marines really struck me. You don't get to see stuff like that in most FPS now.
I actually didn't see that. I was probably running around looking for random shit. What part of the level was this? And yeah, it was HUGE. So many options and routes to take.

Edit- wish we had GIFs of those blue mortar rounds firing and lighting the environment. Might try to make some

Hajaz

in the 360 version, how do you equip that rocket launcher to take the heli down?
i just picked it up and cant equip it :S

ZeroRay

Heavy said:
I actually didn't see that. I was probably running around looking for random shit. What part of the level was this? And yeah, it was HUGE. So many options and routes to take.

Edit- wish we had GIFs of those blue mortar rounds firing and lighting the environment. Might try to make some

It's probably the level after the one you're talking about, when you go to the train station.

edit: Or maybe I missed it too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Heavy said:

I think what I was referencing might be a bit after where you are. Sorry about that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DennisK4 said:

I tried it and noticed nothing different.

Crysis 2, I believe you have to play it more than once and on higher difficulty to really enjoy it. First time I played and completed the campaign, difficulty was set to normal or soldier. Now the private military soldiers actually run for cover. (not related to difficulty)Some trees can be shot down, but not all of them, It probably depends on the weapon. The Scar really puts the subwoofer to good use, the shotgun as well.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558652148371900807/6ED10FF6C2590FD4A42AEAB1496B5F8ABE4B6FD4/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
EviLore said:
What ending enemies? :|
That's really shitty that you got stuck with that glitch. They were kind of cool to fight.
You get to feel like most of the CELL guys feel when they know you're cloaked around them. I think it was pretty funny that they actually included a suit upgrade just for those four guys since they're the only cloaked enemies in the game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
fuck yeah

Was it posted?

Tiago Sousa said:
Cooking some great DX11 tech bits for C2 fans, be patient guys. All I can say, is that we have 16 ms or more to have fun with pc hardware...

I think I'll stop playing for now since I haven't got far and wait...

raphier

Banned
RoboPlato said:
That's really shitty that you got stuck with that glitch. They were kind of cool to fight.
You get to feel like most of the CELL guys feel when they know you're cloaked around them. I think it was pretty funny that they actually included a suit upgrade just for those four guys since they're the only cloaked enemies in the game.
I scorned when I realized this.
regarding the nanosuit upgrade.

derFeef

Voice-chatter of the CELL guys borked as well now. They stutter around with cut-off one words like "Nothing..." "Where..." "Target..."

Top Bottom