• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

jintek

Banned
I tend not to care about Crysis' online MP, but the cheating doesn't surprise me... I still don't know what the appeal to cheating is, I'll never be the best at any game and even MP for me is about personal best.

That said, I'm getting extremely tired of fps multiplayer in general so I'm a bit callous hearing about cheaters. But seriously, in regard to cheating I think SnP2 on Wii has the most legit leaderboards of all the competitive games I've seen. Or has that been pillaged too?

kamspy

Nothing of value was lost. MP was already a bust for me. Map sizes are about 1/10th what they should be. Game would be infinitely better for it.

I PM'ed Cry-Tom and Cry-Adam about 5 days ago about this and never got a reply. Its not just the nanosuit.xml thats messed either. Its the whole damn pak file.
Shocking!
The funny thing is, this could be EASILY prevented. All they have to do is bump up the security level of scripts.pak from =1 to =3. Yes Crytek, I know how your 'anti-cheat' security level system works. You've got engine.pak at =3 and it works pretty well. Doing anything to it makes the game not load. However, you need to bump it up one some other important .paks as well.
lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Heavy said:
MP is Crytek UK (Free Radical), right? I thought they were supposed to have a quality multi-player pedigree. Should've known better than to trust the Haze guys. Even so, how did no one at Crytek Germany or whatever it's called not notice this?
I seriously doubt that Crytek UK packaged the PC code, but they're a convenient whipping boy.

Lingitiz

Shame about the pc multi hacking. After putting a ton of hours into 360 mp i'm really loving it although it is not without flaw. Hopefully issues get fixed across the board.

strata8

Heavy said:
Their security system, though, locks down the files for the entire game (that includes SP files, so the game wouldn't boot at all if the file is changed). So it's either no modding support or cheaters in MP.

Honestly, Crytek.

Nabs

lolol @ the xml file. i saw a youtube clip with aim botters as well. mp is going to be a warzone soon enough.

Nekrono

NotTarts said:
Their security system, though, locks down the files for the entire game (that includes SP files, so the game wouldn't boot at all if the file is changed). So it's either no modding support or cheaters in MP.

Honestly, Crytek.

And so far neither are happening.

GG Crytek.

As someone else mentioned, the gunplay in Crysis2 is some of the best I've ever played in ANY shooter. The look, feel, sound, etc.
It's THAT fantastic!

scitek

derpy7cy.gif

gtfom75f.gif

roflc7rt.gif

kitch9

Banned
Sinatar said:
Let's settle this silly throwing dudes distance debate once and for all.

24jos.gif

crysis-strength-toss-o.gif

It's damn near identical.

People are saying sprint is slower too, which its not if you use it on its own (Armour or stealth switched off.) and carry a pistol.

As far as I can make out you can do everything in Crysis 2 that you could in 1 but this time you can mix the important ones.

demolitio

Can I throw an enemy off the roof of a very tall skyscraper? At some point, I want to do that quite badly. And then I'll play "Free Falling" as the poor man soars through the air.

That has to be possible at some point or another...

scitek

demolitio said:
Can I throw an enemy off the roof of a very tall skyscraper? At some point, I want to do that quite badly. And then I'll play "Free Falling" as the poor man soars through the air.

That has to be possible at some point or another...

I'm sure you can. There are more aliens in the skyscraper stages, though.

demolitio

scitek said:
I'm sure you can. There are more aliens in the skyscraper stages, though.
I'll take what I can get so aliens are fine with me.

So how often are you guys running into hackers on the PC version? I know every game has hackers, but people make it sound like it's abundant in this game which scares me.

Nekrono

demolitio said:
So how often are you guys running into hackers on the PC version? I know every game has hackers, but people make it sound like it's abundant in this game which scares me.

Well considering that people who haven't even bought the game are playing online i'd say a lot.

bhlaab

Okay, according to the missions screen I'm at 16/19 missions complete.

When the fuck amd I going to get a pistol laser sight already!

Dennis

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
PostMSAA needs to be off completely, that r_FSAA line Dennis is throwing around is an inactive cvar and does exactly shit all.

use edgaa 3 and brute force morphological AA through radeonPRO
huh?

I don't have any r_FSAA line in my autoexec.cfg nor have I suggested anyone else use that

Don't talk out your ass.

bhlaab

Has anyone found a way to force MSAA with NVIDIA Inspector?

0x000012C1

But it only works in tandem with Sparse Grid Supersampling

Ssssooo if you don't have SLI 480s or above don't even bother. Trying 4x SGSSAA netted me a fat 1fps. Looks amazing though.

Won't work unless you have the latest drivers, fyi

G_Berry

Banned
kamspy said:
Nothing of value was lost. MP was already a bust for me. Map sizes are about 1/10th what they should be. Game would be infinitely better for it.

Yeah and less people for instant action.

10 or 12 MAX!!!!

Dennis

Banned
bhlaab said:
0x000012C1

But it only works in tandem with Sparse Grid Supersampling

Ssssooo if you don't have SLI 480s or above don't even bother. Trying 4x SGSSAA netted me a fat 1fps. Looks amazing though.

Won't work unless you have the latest drivers, fyi
Thats all you need for a screenshot!

Okay, okay. I've seen some pretty funny anti-cheat shit before (punkbuster, battle-eye).

But this takes the cake.

NOTHING? NOT EVEN FILE CHECKING?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

And from such a big developer too! This is fucking golden.

Not sure how Crytek managed to get this amount of length from a game packed with cinematic moments and large battlefields. I was beginning to think that meaty FPS campaigns were dead.

Stantron

Couple of quick comments on multiplayer...

The matchmaking lobby music is waaaaaay overly melodramatic and repetitive. Sometimes it sounds like parts have the treble turned up and playing out of shitty speakers. I think they were going for some sort of distortion effect, but it sounds terrible.

Yet another game where, when a player dies, the rag-doll kicks in, and it looks like he's lost 70% of his weight, and waiving his limbs like a puppet. I know they try to make the guns seem powerful, but it just looks so odd and out of place.

Aside from that and some lag issues, I'm having fun with the game.

Yeah multiplayer on PC is completely broken. I've had a minimum of 1-3 cheaters in every single game i've played during the weekend and the game is not even a week old. Considering how easy it seems to be i wouldn't be surprised of 50% of the userbase is cheating by the end of this week.

hteng

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Good lord this game got my GPU up over 100 degrees :eek:

make sure your fans are not clot with dusk or other particles. Mine reached as high as 90 but usually 79-80 for modern games.

also higher framerate = higher temperatures

Aw that thread about the lack of MP anti-cheat has been deleted :( That would have been a fun read.

Really puzzling how MP went so bad in this game. Free Radical are great devs, Haze aside.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Good lord this game got my GPU up over 100 degrees :eek:

I tend not to check my temps when playing games but when I alt-tabbed out of this game I saw it was running at 90+. Since then I've always made sure to set the fan speed at 100% before playing.

strata8

Foliorum Viridum said:
Aw that thread about the lack of MP anti-cheat has been deleted :( That would have been a fun read.
Holy crap. Holy crap. They deleted it?

To be honest, sounds like they don't want the news getting out.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NotTarts said:

Uh, yeah. It's basically a DIY hack cookbook. It would be a disaster. Prolly only a matter of time anyway.

strata8

_tetsuo_ said:
Ya it is set to 100%. It is just that C2 has my GPU at 99% usage the entire time its being played :p
Is it good for a game to be utilising your entire GPU? AFAIK, Crysis only used 70-80%

NotTarts said:

Yup, both your links are dead.

Following up their horrible PR with horrible community management, not surprising really.

Spookie

So not only is the CD Key client side only. Cheating involves merely decrypting pak files?

Hurrar for incompetence.

Edit: Wait if the key is client side only I can sell this second hand can't I?

G_Berry

Banned
Zomba13 said:

LOL, I love developers. It's like as soon as the game is released and we've all payed them our money they FUCK OFF!?!?!?

How about fixing some of the issues as the game launches? Keep the game alive?

As it stands on PC, every game I have joined in the past hour has contained hackers. Not your typical "omg he owned me he must be hacking" hackers, real fucking hacks!!

4 of the 5 people I know who legitimately purchased this (I'm the fifth) refuse to play any more multi-player due to the muppets hacking away scott free! WTF do I do now? play with the cunts who probably downloaded this shit off the torrents and run around aimbotting each other? Fuck that.

Top Bottom