• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

The_Player said:
For those who really interested in MP weapons/perks/etc stats:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/742784256/crysis-2/

Hope it wasn't mentioned yet.
Thanks that was a great read.

Some of the perks seem awesome. I'm extremely torn on visor enhance and stealth enhance. Also the stats for the k volt look pretty damning - it definitely did not seem that weak when I was using it. I'm guessing the fact that it kills the suit quickly means that they are taking full damage and it's a 5-6 hit kill on a rapid fire weapon.

Concerned about the scar balance also. Doesn't seem to be much point using a Grendel or scarab given the fire time and damage stats that are available, recoil is similar also.

Nekrono

RoboPlato said:
The answer is always yes to more Crysis 2 shots.
Here you go then.

crysis22011-03-2919-39qpxp.jpg

crysis22011-03-2919-45kowj.jpg

The lighting difference between the daytime and night time levels is literally like night and day lol.

pakkit

Banned
RoboPlato said:
God, that battle is gorgeous. Definitely the highlight of the game from a gameplay standpoint too.
Yeah, that skirmish was one of those gaming moments that'll stick with me for a while.

Stripper13 said:
Some of the perks seem awesome. I'm extremely torn on visor enhance and stealth enhance.
I really recommend to try Energy Transfer. It's a blast for those who affect the run'n'gun gameplay. Just run in, kill someone, move into invisibility and run away.
Stripper13 said:
Also the stats for the k volt look pretty damning - it definitely did not seem that weak when I was using it. I'm guessing the fact that it kills the suit quickly means that they are taking full damage and it's a 5-6 hit kill on a rapid fire weapon.
Don't forget about its rapid fire, so DPS is pretty high.

It was tough to take those shots right when he fired his blue energy bomb that lit up the environment with light because it only lasted a couple seconds, all the while trying to survive his epic cannons. (Veteran diff) Man that was fun!

Kibbles

THOSE SCREENS!

My eyes have been sexed. Hopefully I get this in the mail tmrw, fucking gamefly (it was mailed out on the 25th)

I NEED SCISSORS said:
The screens look good and all, but spoilers man..
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I figured since others have posted night time shots already... but not of that boss so you might be right. I dunno?

edit- I took them down. Sorry

Nekrono

Heavy said:
This one was run through a sharpness filter, right? If not, what is your config?

For blur and AA-related stuff I've got:

r_UseEdgeAA=0
r_PostMSAA=1
r_motionblur=2
g_radialBlur=0

I find that MSAA @ 1 is a good balance between clarity and jaggies. At 2 it's a lil too blurry, at 0 it's a bit too jaggy. I'm running Extreme @ 1080p

Nope, no sharpness filter or any other alteration whatsoever.

I have this:

r_PostMSAA=2
r_UseEdgeAA=0
r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = 0

You will get rid of most of the vaseline filter if not all of it and still have decent AA this way.

Cuban Legend said:
Just beat the game in one sitting. What a ride, It took me about 9 1/2 hours. It was my first play-through, I played on Post Human Warrior difficulty.

Spoiler-Free Impressions:
Stealthed my way through about 40% of the game, after the first level i ignored the visor for tactical pathfinding 95% of the time since I didn't like having my hand held. Probably spent 1/2 of the game killing with the M60 once I found it. Only really got stuck once, spent about 1.5 hours on a certain encounter, had trouble finding the ammo dumps and getting lucky during that fight...

Graphically it was impressive, the lighting especially. Well optimized. And a great story imo. Nice and action packed. It didn't end when it started to get good, and it kept on going and throwing more action at you without tiring you out, It's a shame Crytek dropped the ball with just about every other aspect of this game's PC version.
Ok, so that was just an estimation. I actually was wrong about that.

I checked the ingame timer and it says my first completed Playthrough on Post-Human warrior Difficulty was 7 hours 3 Minutes 38 Seconds. Wow.

:/ It felt so much meatier...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Cuban Legend said:
Ok, so that was just an estimation. I actually was wrong about that.

I checked the ingame timer and it says my first completed Playthrough on Post-Human warrior Difficulty was 7 hours 3 Minutes 38 Seconds. Wow.

:/ It felt so much meatier...

Timer doesn't count deaths, reloads, and so forth. My steam playtime was 15 hours, in game clock was like 12 and 1/2.

Sinatar said:
Timer doesn't count deaths, reloads, and so forth. My steam playtime was 15 hours, in game clock was like 12 and 1/2.
Yeah I noticed that too. I know for a fact that I played the game somewhere in the region of 11-12 hours on veteran, but ingame time is like 8.5 hours or something. I spent alot of time dying in some encounters, for no other reason than stupidity on my part.

j-wood

I've ran into a really nasty SP bug that is pissing me off on the 360.

I'm currently on the mission lab rat. Yesterday, I made it to the helicopter section, hit the checkpoint, and decided to quit so I could eat. I let the game finish saving and turned off the console.

Today, I boot up the game and load my save. Loading finishes, I press A to enter the game. The screen starts to brighten then...stops. Console completely freezes. I have to physically press the power button on the console.

I reboot, follow the same process and get the same result.

So I go to mission selector, and choose lab rat, and start the mission over from the beginning. This time I make it past the helicopter section. Hit a checkpoint, let it save, turn the game off.

When I go to play a few hours later, the SAME THING HAPPENS. It freezes after I press A on the loading screen. Is there a way to fix this? I imagine the same thing would happen if I died and it had to load, even if I start over. What the hell?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a reason I've been running into so many people with silencers on their guns in MP? It seems to drop me insanely fast.

sleepykyo

commish said:
How's the MP in this? Looking for something to hold me til Brink.

Which console?

Don't know about the 360 version but the PS3 version has some rather severe hit detection, frame rate and lag issues. Think the leaderboards are only 150k (though it has been edging upward) or so for that matter.

The core gameplay seems like a novel approach to CoD, with the various suit powers and what not. I could see the mp being really good on the pc,.

Hanmik

So no DX11 patch for the pc...

Cry-Tom said:
No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=15962

Dennis

Banned
Game is godly.

Does anyone use the silencer in SP?

Seems to do very little for me except reduce damage to the target. Those damn Cell guys have superhuman hearing and the silencer seems to do jack shit.

kamspy

DennisK4 said:
Game is godly.

Does anyone use the silencer in SP?

Seems to do very little for me except reduce damage to the target. Those damn Cell guys have superhuman hearing and the silencer seems to do jack shit.

You can shoot the NOVA 12 with the silencer without breaking cloak. I restrated the game when I figured this out.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
kamspy said:
You can shoot the NOVA 12 with the silencer without breaking cloak. I restrated the game when I figured this out.

Even better with the Hammer which does far more damage then the Nova.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
burgerdog said:
Most guns will not break stealth if you have the silencer on.

wow I never knew that, that will make my second play through a lot more interesting.

Usually I don't cap a gun with a silencer becuase it takes away that 'ummpth' when your firing, it just doesn't feel as exhilarating but I'll definitely give it a go now.

DennisK4 said:
How did I miss this?!

Even the silenced shotgun doesn't break stealth!

Your energy drops quickly before you get the stealth enhance upgrade, even with the handguns. But once you get it, it's like cheat mode for facing down human enemies. The last encounter with Cell near the end of the game had me clearing out room after room of Cell troopers, the rest just kind of standing there going "WHAT? MAN DOWN!" but ultimately doing nothing about their friendlies dropping directly in front of them.

lowrider007

What I'd been doing is actually creeping around and stealth killing them from behind, the first level that is full of aliens I actually killed every alien using that method even though you pop out of stealth for a second after kill, what I like about the aliens is that they seem to like to investigate a death of a fellow soldier more than the cell so you can draw them one by one sometimes to a particular spot and stealth kill each one.

Picked it up earlier today (PS3) and played up till around the second checkpoint. I am pretty damn impressed and I don't think I have even seen anything yet. The presentation is fantastic, and the controls seem really good. I haven't bought a shooter in ages, and I am glad I decided to make an exception with this. Can't wait to see how cool it gets.

Oh, and the music is awesome so far. The main theme is haunting.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It's sick playing muliplayer and having it look like that. Parking Deck and Impact in particular look god damn amazing.

nib95

Banned
Yes!! Finally!! Mwhaha! I'm on fibre optic broadband! Gone from 1.5mbps down and 0.1mbps up to 37mbps down and 8mbps up! This thread will no longer haunt me. In-fact, it loaded every image in here pretty much immediately (before I even got a look at the 3rd or 4th+).

Finally...Lol.

EDIT: Forgot to add, MickeyKnox, AMAZINg shots. Some of the best I've seen yet. The atmosphere is insane.

CryptiK

For those who have finished the game this is the ending from the Novel;

CHAPTER: ERECTION(no joke thats the chapter name)
The rest, as they say, is history.
The spire vented, of course. That was the whole plan. It went off exactly when it was supposed to, but not before we’d raped its hanging fly ass; and when all that jizz spread out across Manhattan, it was carrying our sperm, not the Ceph’s. The Tunguska Iteration blew those fuckers apart like maggots in a microwave

What in the hell who let the author write this book...

DoomGyver

nib95 said:
Yes!! Finally!! Mwhaha! I'm on fibre optic broadband! Gone from 1.5mbps down and 0.1mbps up to 37mbps down and 8mbps up! This thread will no longer haunt me. In-fact, it loaded every image in here pretty much immediately (before I even got a look at the 3rd or 4th+).

Finally...Lol.

I hope I can make a post like this one day.

/jealous

For all the grief have been giving the game (PC), It was rather enjoying. Though at times it felt like I was playing either Halo or Half Life. At times I was expecting some Halo themed tunes to start playing ;)

Now I finished the game and I've confused on the ending... those who finished with know what I'm talking about.

*Spoiler Alert*
WTF... What did he/they say at the end, call me prophet? Did the suit finally emerge and take over Alcatraz or did he did die and the suit is now in control? Normally when he got shot out of the spirals, he had to be revived.

So I've just made it to
Wall Street
now.

- I've had to assign stealth + armour to keys because for some reason a lot of the time when I click in the mouse wheel to select them it doesn't want to go to the side for some reason, just up and down. Anyone else had this? I'm used to playing with the powers that way so using keys for it is a bit annoying.
- When you throw guys why do they clip through other enemies? :( Every single time I've done it that has happened. I used to love throwing KPA soldiers at each other in the first game.

Those annoyances aside, really enjoying it. The levels are definitely opening up now and although it does feel more linear than Crysis a lot of the time, when you reach a combat area you still have pretty much the same amount of freedom/choices. I do think that vehicles are next to useless, and there's virtually no destructability compared to the first game, but those are the only two things I can really complain about. Pleasant surprise.

Another surprise has been the fact that the AI hasn't been too bad for me. I had one hilarious moment where I threw a grenade into a pack of enemies, killed 3 out or 4, and then the last guy got up from the blast and just stood on the spot. Balls of steel. Other than that, though, they've provided a fairly good fight on normal difficulty.

The story is starting to annoy me though. That scene when you finally get to the doctor drags on for soooo long and then I got more annoyed when
they took a shot at him and I pulled out my gun like a pro and aimed at the enemies through the window, but the game wouldn't let me pull the trigger :(
I also like to take my time and explore so when he's shouting in my ear "PROPHET WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO THIS WAY" I want to put a bullet between his eyes even more. At least the story in Crysis was simple and relatively unintrusive.

I also still wish there was a quicksave because I would like to be able to reload quickly and try out different tactics, which isn't possible with checkpoints 10 minutes apart usually. Puzzling design choice.

lowrider007

Shadowhaxor said:
For all the grief have been giving the game (PC), It was rather enjoying. Though at times it felt like I was playing either Halo or Half Life. At times I was expecting some Halo themed tunes to start playing ;)

Now I finished the game and I've confused on the ending... those who finished with know what I'm talking about.

*Spoiler Alert*
WTF... What did he/they say at the end, call me prophet? Did the suit finally emerge and take over Alcatraz or did he did and the suit is now in control? Normally when he got shot out of the spirals, he had to be revived.

The last level was very Halo-esque imo, even the music.

Top Bottom