• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DennisK4 said:
I recorded the awesome looking
earthquake
with FRAPS - makes an awesome video/GIF. Obviously a spoiler so I won't post it.

So good.
That's fucked up man. At least give us a link. My balls are tingling.

Neuromancer said:
Has anyone got that achievement for not letting any marines die on that Semper Fi level? Sounds really hard, they die pretty easily.

Got it on the first try. But I basically tore off an HMG or two and did a full frontal assault in armour mode, so all the marines had to do was walk over the Ceph corpses.

Tacitus_ said:
Otherwise I'd agree with you but
1) you have to have energy to sprint in Crysis 2 while in Crysis 1 only the Speed mode sprint took energy
2) doing a power move will deplete your whole energy bar. Crysis 1 had the Strength moves deplete something like 10-20% of your energy bar.
1) In Crysis1 sprint took stamina, it even had a meter, but its only visible through a console command -dont remember wich one-. So it uses energy also, just not the suit one :)

2)Yea, but that has to do with balancing decisions from Crytek and not to do with how they rethink/integrated the suit habilities in the current game.

Tacitus_

Refreshment.01 said:
1) In Crysis1 sprint took stamina, it even had a meter, but its only visible through a console command -dont remember wich one-. So it uses energy also, just not the suit one :)

2)Yea, but that has to do with balancing decisions from Crytek and not to do with how they rethink/integrated the suit habilities in the current game.

Oh, didn't know that. But my point still stands, it didn't drain the energy you use for the suit functions.

And I think they just transferred the energy costs from the multi for the power moves tbh. Nothing gamebreaking doing a one hit kill in melee in single player when you're being rushed by 5+ guys. Not to mention power throwing barrels is really cumbersome now that you can't disappear after throwing one.

Tacitus_ said:
Nothing gamebreaking doing a one hit kill in melee in single player when you're being rushed by 5+ guys. Not to mention power throwing barrels is really cumbersome now that you can't disappear after throwing one.
Don't hold the button too long then. With an object of enough mass you can even knock down a human and have enough energy for camo.

Btw, did you try doing a slide in a slope with some troops? Human bowling :)

Insertia

dark10x said:
OK, so I just realized that I actually finished the game on Post-Human Warrior without actually knowing that I was playing on that difficulty.

I played up to Semper-fi or Die on soldier and then went back and replayed the first five missions on Post-Human for fun. I then simply selected the mission I was on (Semper-fi) and continued from there. Somehow I must not have lowered the difficulty, however, and ended up playing the rest of the game on Post-Human.

It was odd because I noted a massive jump in difficulty from that point on and found the alien segments to be extremely frustrating. They can kill you almost instantly and there are tons of them to fight. Taking out humans on Post-Human isn't difficult with stealth, but the Ceph are a real challenge. It was so much harder that I found them less fun to fight, but I still played all the way to the end like that.

Well, turns out, they really aren't that frustrating on soldier difficulty. :\

NOOOOO!!!

I'm playing on Post-Human, and taking down the Ceph is pretty tough as is. I feared that on my second play through when taking the difficulty up it would become frustrating taking them down.

The game lost my progress on the last level of Supersoldier difficulty. I even have the achievement for it, but the game now cleanly states "18/19 on Supersoldier".

Well fuck.

DennisK4 said:
Somebody said something mean to me in the YouTube comments...

Damn lurkers!
There there, I'll say something nice to you to even it out. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NIN90 said:
Anyway to force 120 hz in this game?
I had weird refresh rate issues in Crysis 1 until I made a custom resolution that mimicked the settings of my default resolution and that fixed it. So maybe try that to get it to recognize 120 hz?

Kyaw

I need to play this game more. Been having too much stuff to do lately and Shogun 2.

How does people play this game? Do you guys just run and gun using armour mode or go slowly with stealth and headshotting/meleeing enemies?

Kyaw

yeah, i saw the NanoSuitNinja video. It definitely is slower than how he plays in C1. It's mostly just cloak, uncloak to headshot without losing power, cloak, rinse and repeat. Hopefully he will use more variety in the coming videos.

I like the sliding and shooting, feels so badass.

AnkitT

Completed it in one sitting yesterday. Cant remember the last time I did that with a game. Really enjoyed the campaign, more than crysis even. The story was a bit shoddy but it sets up the next iteration really well, I think. The soundtrack was pretty amazing, as were the set pieces and graphics.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AnkitT said:
Completed it in one sitting yesterday. Cant remember the last time I did that with a game. Really enjoyed the campaign, more than crysis even. The story was a bit shoddy but it sets up the next iteration really well, I think. The soundtrack was pretty amazing, as were the set pieces and graphics.
How long did it take you? Because I admire your stamina.

AnkitT

Stallion Free said:
About ten hours(on normal difficulty), just couldnt quit playing it. Also, I have a lot of free time on my hands right now, so that helped.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What a fantastic, fantastic article this is.

Hope its not been linked to already.

The sad thing is that I have nasty feeling its going to backfire spectacularly because its clear from a lot of the feedback on rockpapershotgun, that its going waaay over a lot of people's heads.

Clear said:
What a fantastic, fantastic article this is.

Hope its not been linked to already.

The sad thing is that I have nasty feeling its going to backfire spectacularly because its clear from a lot of the feedback on rockpapershotgun, that its going waaay over a lot of people's heads.

Been linked already, some confusion arose even in this thread.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
AllIsOneIsNone said:
Been linked already, some confusion arose even in this thread.

Ah, balls...

I checked back a few pages but this thread is frickin' huge.

Perfect bit of satire though, so no regrets for pimping it one more time.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
NotTarts said:
Why did this level not make it into the final game :(
byscrinjz1v.jpg
It did make it in!
in a slightly different form
;)

Clear said:
Ah, balls...

I checked back a few pages but this thread is frickin' huge.

Perfect bit of satire though, so no regrets for pimping it one more time.

We blame you for not looking through all 160 pages...we blame you hard.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kyaw said:
yeah, i saw the NanoSuitNinja video. It definitely is slower than how he plays in C1. It's mostly just cloak, uncloak to headshot without losing power, cloak, rinse and repeat. Hopefully he will use more variety in the coming videos.

I like the sliding and shooting, feels so badass.
They need to make a sliding perk so you can play it like a first person Vanquish.

DennisK4 said:
I miss Psycho.

"I am British, you muppet!"
God yes. Nomad and Psycho, where art thou?

EDIT: Wait, how did I remember that quote without ever playing Warhead? He says it somewhere in the original, too, right?

Stallion Free said:
I beat it in one sitting for the first time on Post-Human in 9.5 hours and you don't admire my stamina...

;_; all that trouble from nothing.

I've been playing it on the 360 but a buddy of mine got it for PC. Is there a good rundown on the various game loaders + configs out there? The OP only has one config file.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gvaz said:
The problem being consoles. They're old hardware and designers shouldn't cater to them.
Old hardware is pretty much where all the money is right now. Why do you think Valve is still using the Source engine?

Top Bottom