• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Stitch said:
"Alcatraz over here. Punch it man, let's go"

arnie.png
Well.. but did you punch it man?

EDIT: Worst first page post ever.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Stitch said:

There's a few parts where the audio loops get suck and it's annoying.

The worst is late on, some guy just shouting something like "Would somebody with some balls kill that fuck" and "nobody gets a bonus until he's dead"

the guy just repeats it over and over.

You know what else is annoying about this game? Infinitely respawning enemies. I thought we were past this nonsense already.

god yes! it sucks if you're trying to play in stealth mode because they just keep coming back when you don't move on to the next magic invisible trigger point in time.

I have this Logitech mouse with two side buttons that would be perf to map to whatever. Is there no way to map them to stuff? I tried in the menu and it doesn't detect them.

logitech-mx600-cordless-laser-mouse-2-300x227.jpg

the two long buttons on the right, not the zoom

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
D4Danger said:
The worst is late on, some guy just shouting something like "Would somebody with some balls kill that fuck" and "nobody gets a bonus until he's dead"

I was systematically killing off his henchmen but got so sick of him looping that crap that I just said fuck it and stealthed past them all to end it quick.

Stitch

Gold Member
D4Danger said:
There's a few parts where the audio loops get suck and it's annoying.

this guy isn't even with me anymore but he's still saying it. goddamn this is a buggy POS.

D4Danger said:
god yes! it sucks if you're trying to play in stealth mode because they just keep coming back when you don't move on to the next magic invisible trigger point in time.
I don't think there is infinite respawns. They call in reinforcements (soldiers use the red flare, aliens use that blue energy burst) and eventually stop.

AEREC

Heavy said:
I have this Logitech mouse with two side buttons that would be perf to map to whatever. Is there no way to map them to stuff? I tried in the menu and it doesn't detect them.

I have a similar logitech mouse with the same buttons and it lets me map the "back" button to melee...havent tried mapping the other.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Heavy said:
I don't think there is infinite respawns. They call in reinforcements (soldiers use the red flare, aliens use that blue energy burst) and eventually stop.
Yeah, they aren't infinite but they come for a while sometimes if you don't take everyone out quick enough. They certainly seem infinite at times.

Stitch

Gold Member
no, there are several parts with infinite respawns. and they don't even try to hide it, they just spawn them right in front of you.

Stitch said:

arnie.png
Your fault for not punching it, the way the man asked.

Anyway not as good as "Mason, get to the trenchline." "The trenchline, Mason." and "Mason, the trenchline. Get to it." At least Treyarch knew they were going to be bombarding you with bullshit and took the time to record a couple extra sound bytes.

AEREC said:
I have a similar logitech mouse with the same buttons and it lets me map the "back" button to melee...havent tried mapping the other.
edit- found out how, you have to set the buttons in SetPoint software to "generic button".

scitek

Heavy said:

I mapped my cloak and armor shortcuts to those side buttons, then mapped E to use and Q to nanovision.

TUROK

Heavy said:
I thought it doesn't use temporal AA
It's not temporal AA like the kind Reach uses, but it is based on the same principle. Instead of blending whole frames, it only blends sample points.

Finished the game last night - despite some dedicated exploration - I missed over half the collectibles, which is great because I'm looking forward to another playthrough.

Story was decent. I really enjoyed the concept but the execution was hit and miss. Everything with Gould was poor, Hargreave was great and everything after was okay. I really enjoyed the ending however, particularly the last battle.

Been playing MP and really getting into it. I'm only level 9 but I'm not finding the level 25+ opponents to have any sort of advantage (I'm worried about the k-Volt's Balance). The maps are awesome to look at, flow nicely and outside of a few concerning 'closet' areas I haven't noticed much opportunity for people to camp.

It's a very close second to Reach for my favourite shooter of the last few years (maybe ever?). I enjoyed it many times more than Crysis 1 and thought the art direction/design was much, much more impressive.

RedStep

I will echo that the repeating lines are bullshit in both SP and MP.

"enemies in the greenhouse!"

Die

Die

Etc. Just put a timer on those, devs. It's not hard.

DoomGyver

RedStep said:
I will echo that the repeating lines are bullshit in both SP and MP.

Die

Die

Etc. Just put a timer on those, devs. It's not hard.
The female voice.. whatsherface.. when you lose a match.. just plain grating. I want to smack the bitch now. I MIGHT AS WELL OF SENT A BUNCH OF SEVENTHHHHHH GRADERS!!!!!!!!!

Stripper13 said:
Been playing MP and really getting into it. I'm only level 9 but I'm not finding the level 25+ opponents to have any sort of advantage (I'm worried about the k-Volt's Balance).
Yeah has anyone got the K-Volt yet? That thing was a beast in the campaign. I'm curious to see if they nerfed it for multi or what. I imagine it wrecks close and mid-range.

Also the L-Tag... anyone get that? It's actually a primary weapon, which is a bit odd since I'm assuming it only has 5 shells.

And what about the microwave gun, X-43 Mike? Level 39 unlock

Heavy said:
No, there are definitely infinitely respawning enemies.

Stitch said:
no, there are several parts with infinite respawns. and they don't even try to hide it, they just spawn them right in front of you.
Yep. Happened to me in the nighttime bridge level.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MickeyKnox said:
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis2-2011-03-29-22-oom4.jpg[IMG][/quote]
This picture is amazing. It sums up a lot of the little touches in the atmosphere that I loved in the Campaign.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Started playing yesterday (finally) and beat it today. God dayumn it looks absolutely amazing most parts. The lighting man, just incredible. Felt amazing playing it on big ass 1080P display running with all bells and whistles. Pretty mindless fun sp campaign; go here blow shit up, go there, blow shit up. Cloak like a pussy ninja if you feel like it, but be sure to blow shit up. I probably shot every freaking explosive barrel in the damn game cause I love the explosions and fire effects hahaha. Also the squid aliens look really cg-like.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Polyphony, Crytek and the team that made RE4 need to team up to create the ultimate night time game.

And maybe Remedy?

For an instant I imagined what Alan Wake could look like with this engine. Omg.

I always killed the big walkers real easy and without dying once by holding onto my C4's. I'd throw four on him by running behind, and then tapping 'E' then throwing the C4 and tapping 'E' instantly again. Because I was behind he never get a chance to see me, so within a couple of minutes I had 4 C4's on him and then detonate them all at once. God damn it is a HUGE explosion, very impressive and shakes the ground very much. LOVE IT.

I also used the explosive barrels (or anything explosive like gas tanks and cars) whenever I could. I got damn LOVE the explosions.

I have killed myself a few times by detonating C4 too close to an enemy after I've charged in and C4'd him and then trying to save myself because I'm getting hammered to shit. Soooo much fun.

I'm going to download that Cheat Engine shit and play the game again on Super Soldier with unlimited energy and probably cloak very little - I want to see how different the game feels when I'm running and gunning and not cloaking. Should be ultra fun! Woo the use of Armour mode will be wicked, but I can't wait to just run up to cunts, pick them up and throw them into one another, and to kick the cars that the guys are manning a 50 cal on.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Amazon has the digital download PC version for $52.22, plus a $15 game credit (US only)...Has anyone ever used their game download service? I'm happy with the XBLA codes, MP3s and Futurama episodes I buy off Amazon, but I was waiting for a Steam sale for Crysis 2. This offer is pretty tempting, I've just never bought a big DD game from them before and generally like to stick to Steam.

bhlaab

Heavy said:

Try changing them to keystrokes in the drivers

RoboPlato said:
This picture is amazing. It sums up a lot of the little touches in the atmosphere that I loved in the Campaign.
The updates to the lighting engine and the skin shaders are really great, too bad the head models aren't all they could be.

One more for the road:

crysis2-2011-03-29-22-3pl2.jpg

TeegsD

So I'm gonna be renting this game from GameFly for the PS3 after I finish Bulletstorm and I have one question. Is there one of those online passes bullshit for this game too?

So, I had a lot of fun with the original Crysis and I was expecting this to be something of a downgrade... but I'm seeing a lot of positive comments in this thread.

I haven't been keeping up, can someone give me the cliff notes?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Poimandres said:
So, I had a lot of fun with the original Crysis and I was expecting this to be something of a downgrade... but I'm seeing a lot of positive comments in this thread.

I haven't been keeping up, can someone give me the cliff notes?
Shit demo no PC options surprisingly fun singleplayer and stunning graphics during the night sequences.

bhlaab said:
Try changing them to keystrokes in the drivers
Yeah I got it working... something with the SetPoint Logitech software and allowing those buttons to be remapped.

So what does everyones multi-player kb&m layouts look like?

Mouse 4 & 5 - stealth and armor (thanks for the suggestion scitek)
Middle mouse - melee
Q - interact
E - nano vision
X - grenade
alt - crouch
space - jump
shift - speed
R - reload
C - all chat
ctrl - toggle fire mode
f - toggle explosives (i dunno if this is needed in multi)

I wish you could have profiles; one for multi, one for single-player. Luckily I use the 360 pad for SP :D

Heavy said:
Yeah has anyone got the K-Volt yet? That thing was a beast in the campaign. I'm curious to see if they nerfed it for multi or what. I imagine it wrecks close and mid-range.

Also the L-Tag... anyone get that? It's actually a primary weapon, which is a bit odd since I'm assuming it only has 5 shells.

And what about the microwave gun, X-43 Mike? Level 39 unlock
I played a couple of matches against someone who was using it - and picked it up once. It seemed unchanged from the Campaign. Fired fast, was reasonably accurate short-mid range, seems to disable the suit or at least burn energy very quickly and kills in a similar space of time as the scar - at least at that range anyway. Didn't get to hold on to it for long before I fried all the ammo away.

Also the HMG is amazing, and the JAW seems useless so far. I had one fire next to the cover I was behind and it didn't affect me - granted it wasn't a direct hit - but most rockets in games tend to have decent AOE damage.

So unhappy with the (at least AUS MP as far as i know) launch quality. Its been a week now and the servers are still crapping out, errors/disconnects etc. Bugs with loadouts and the rest of the crap going on.

Seriously. BC2 was such a nice launch and i jumped right into the game and enjoyed it.
This is straining my patience. On one hand the game is really fun and good and im enjoying it, on the other constantly having to redo simple things like unlocking attachments and crap is starting to wear thin...

Thoroughly Dissapoint.

Really enjoying SP when ive got the time to play it. Decent storyline so far, hoping they finish it off well. Looking forward to it!

Lingitiz

commish said:
How's the MP in this? Looking for something to hold me til Brink.
Its pretty good if you're willing to learn the mechanics. A few issues such as hit detection, lag, and weapon balance need t be tweaked a bit though. Hoping a strong community forms around this, and Crytek listens to the community in terms of updates.

jackdoe

Len Dontree said:
Amazon has the digital download PC version for $52.22, plus a $15 game credit (US only)...Has anyone ever used their game download service? I'm happy with the XBLA codes, MP3s and Futurama episodes I buy off Amazon, but I was waiting for a Steam sale for Crysis 2. This offer is pretty tempting, I've just never bought a big DD game from them before and generally like to stick to Steam.
I bought it off of Amazon. Had no problems. Fair download speed of 3 MB/s. Used my $15 on Witcher 2. Go for it.

Marshmellow said:
So unhappy with the (at least AUS MP as far as i know) launch quality. Its been a week now and the servers are still crapping out, errors/disconnects etc. Bugs with loadouts and the rest of the crap going on.

Seriously. BC2 was such a nice launch and i jumped right into the game and enjoyed it.
This is straining my patience. On one hand the game is really fun and good and im enjoying it, on the other constantly having to redo simple things like unlocking attachments and crap is starting to wear thin...

Thoroughly Dissapoint.

Really enjoying SP when ive got the time to play it. Decent storyline so far, hoping they finish it off well. Looking forward to it!

I'm feeling the same about MP (Aussie as well), when I get into a game I love it but there has been heaps of drop outs and disconnects making me unlock stuff 3 or 4 times.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Beat the game earlier today. Man, what a ride. Awesome campaign. I may dive into the MP, but I'm not really interested in that.

Top Bottom