• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Gvaz said:
I'd like too say "lazy"
Despite the fact the Source engine is constantly being updated and with each new release looks better and better.

But yeah, lazy for making an engine that they can use for years and improve in leaps and bounds!

I just tried the config in the OP. Everything looks fine except when aiming down the sights of a rocket launcher, the viewfinder on the rocket launcher hides all particles like Ceph Gunship exhaust and explosions. Anyone know what command would fix this?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
I beat it in one sitting for the first time on Post-Human in 9.5 hours and you don't admire my stamina...

;_; all that trouble from nothing.
idontlikeyou95ca.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dorkimoe said:
Hoping for a random steam sale
The EA trend on Steam appears to be a perma drop to 40$ after a month followed up by sales within like 2-3 months. I can almost guarantee Crysis 2 will be 20-30$ on the Summer sale.

Have no doubt that this thread will be cited in the next PC versus Comfy Couch flamewar. Its a gazillion pages of tweaks and cvars and adjusting fan settings, etc etc etc. Bonus points for all the console dumbification of open world gaming.

Just sayin'

Beyond all that though, Crytek wins (and so do we), because they still managed to produce one hell of a game.

pix

NullPointer said:
Have no doubt that this thread will be cited in the next PC versus Comfy Couch flamewar. Its a gazillion pages of tweaks and cvars and adjusting fan settings, etc etc etc. Bonus points for all the console dumbification of open world gaming.

Just sayin'

Beyond all that though, Crytek wins (and so do we), because they still managed to produce one hell of a game.

When is the next one scheduled anyway? Gotta book time off work.

Like console gamers, PC gamers want to have they're on exclusives or port them down from PC. Part of the draw of PC gaming is the technical advantage. Maybe, Nvidia and AMD can set up a fund to support PC exclusive game development.

NullPointer said:

Just sayin'

Exactly, can't we all be happy? We all get a great looking and playing game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Crysis 1-2 is the only game where I enjoy dying because I will have to replay this part again.

so good....

New? Old? wat.

Eurogamer said:
Crysis 2 PC users will see a DirectX 11 patch in two to three months time, so says a report from our colleagues at Eurogamer.cz.

According to an anonymous trusted source, Crytek only started to develop for DirectX 11 in November 2010 and was unable to get it ready in time for the game's launch earlier this month.

The source also claimed that DirectX 10 will not be supported in future, as it's rendered obsolete by DirectX 11.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-30-crysis-2-dx11-fix-in-2-3-months-report

If that's true then this is going to be a monster patch. November 2010 to "2-3 months from now" is 7 or 8 months spent just on DX11 features. Sounds good to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eurogamer said:
The source also claimed that DirectX 10 will not be supported in future, as it's rendered obsolete by DirectX 11.
Um, it's more that DX11 is backwards compatible with DX10 hardware/essentially downgrades to DX10 seamlessly on said hardware without any additonal programming required. Solid reporting Eurogamer.

Sh1ner

More impressions, just passed the longest story sequences/wall street/random area full of aliens. Someone has randomly introduced themselves to the story who is clearly important while I been introducing the Cepth to my shiny knife.

Finally first Ceth Troopers only level after wall street, stealth melee'd every alien there except for two which I got the jump on them when they investigated their fallen idiots in arms with a silenced shotgun. They feel weaker now in a head to head fight then earlier where they jumped into a level to say hi, we will see ya later in the game!

I found an easy way to defeat the Cepth if your desperate but I consider it slightly AI breaking. If theres a spread out group in an area, direct them to bunch up by throwing grenades in the same area a few times, give them time to investigate. By the minute has passed you will have 7 of them investigating the same 5 meter spot. Then JAW them back to their own planet. :D

I haven't really bothered with suit upgrades except for the silent footsteps. The story is so bad, I wish devs in the future will get REAL WRITERS after playing this, its that bad.

I also love the cloaked aliens that I keep spotting every know and then. Nicely done, it reminds me of the brilliant introduction to the assassins from hl1. - shame they don't have any hit detection after shooting them 5 times. If your gonna run, at least act like ya been shot!

Combat has felt bad with the soldiers, with the Cepth, its enjoyable. Its almost a completely different game since they are more agile, the take is stealth instead of more hit and run tactics with paper soldiers. I felt bad killing wave after wave of these feeble soldiers. It wasn't a fair fight even when they called in a helicopter but now with the Cepth, I got to think, plan be patient, each shot is very decisive and does massive amounts of damage. Good times, night and day change in gameplay!

Crunched said:
Because I miss some of the feel of the story of a game when i step back and come back to it later. Playing something straight like that gives an extra perspective on the game that someone else who played over time might not have.

Also I love Crytek cock.

Haha some bitter tears on my facebook wall from people I know

"Damn not only does crysis 2 have no dx11 support, it has no dx10 support and probably never will? Console gaming halts progress yet again. spanx peasents."

" It seriously looks like someone took the crysis game and took a shit on it. Lame console graphics, stupid field of view and stupid Call of Halo bullshit gameplay. WAAAANK waste of 30 squid. Should have just pirated it. I smell EA's pressure behind this pile of jizz."

Amazing haha

scitek

The patch is 2-3 months off? Then fix the multiplayer Crytek! I want to play it, I do! The configs and stuff being passed around in here are a big part of why I like PC gaming so much. I LOVE tweaking shit and seeing how it affects the game. Sure, the game is ugly as fuck without the postMSAA, but at least I can get rid of it if I want to. I can sometimes just spend an hour or two just changing little things here and there and seeing what they do. With some games, that's actually more fun than the game itself!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
Because I miss some of the feel of the story of a game when i step back and come back to it later. Playing something straight like that gives an extra perspective on the game that someone else who played over time might not have.
You wouldn't have missed anything here story-wise.

scitek said:
The patch is 2-3 months off? Then fix the multiplayer Crytek! I want to play it, I do! The configs and stuff being passed around in here are a big part of why I like PC gaming so much. I LOVE tweaking shit and seeing how it affects the game. Sure, the game is ugly as fuck without the postMSAA, but at least I can get rid of it if I want to. I can sometimes just spend an hour or two just changing little things here and there and seeing what they do. With some games, that's actually more fun than the game itself!
There is a patch releasing later this week that's going to address some stuff like the security holes and (hopefully) the nanocrystal bug and melee glitch.

subversus said:
Crysis 1-2 is the only game where I enjoy dying because I will have to replay this part again.

so good....
Agreed, it's really cool trying out different tactics in the same area until you get it right.

You know it's a good game when failure can actually be fun.

Sh1ner said:
The story is so bad, I wish devs in the future will get REAL WRITERS after playing this, its that bad.
They did!

(I didn't mind the story. Certainly no worse than the average game.)

scitek

Heavy said:
There is a patch releasing later this week that's going to address some stuff like the security holes and (hopefully) the nanocrystal bug and melee glitch.

Let's hope they do something about cheaters. If they don't, I might have to cheat back.

Heavy said:

I saw a twitter post earlier saying it was about to be released within a few hours, seems to have now been deleted though :/

subversus

Neuromancer said:

You know I wouldn't be so down on the story if it wasn't written by the author of Market Forces.

SpudBud

Sh1ner said:
I haven't really bothered with suit upgrades except for the silent footsteps.
You should really try them out. They make a big difference and it's fun to collect the crystals, but risky... gotta spend them before quitting or the bug might take you back to zero.

Some good ones:

Tracker - enemy bullets turn into sweet looking green lines, might not like em but it's only like 600 points

Armor enhance - great to get (600) till you save up for Nano Recharge

Mobility enhance - a must and the best in the speed tree, also cheapest at 600

Stealth Enhance - this one and nano recharge are expensive, like 8 and 10k, but worth it

subversus

SpudBud said:
I wonder why they waited so long to get started on it.

Doesn't matter anyway at this point, but it does make me wonder how big of difference will it make graphically given that it's a couple months out.

I'm still bummed Sandbox 3 didn't make it into retail, though. A version of it was in the leaked dev build right?

yeah

and since their technical director cheerily announced that they started developing DX11 patch I guess it will be ready by the time free Cryengine 3 goes online.

scitek

Heavy said:
You should really try them out. They make a big difference and it's fun to collect the crystals, but risky... gotta spend them before quitting or the bug might take you back to zero.

Some good ones:

Tracker - enemy bullets turn into sweet looking green lines, might not like em but it's only like 600 points

Armor enhance - great to get (600) till you save up for Nano Recharge

Mobility enhance - a must and the best in the speed tree, also cheapest at 600

Stealth Enhance - this one and nano recharge are expensive, like 8 and 10k, but worth it

I didn't even get those last two you mentioned (nano recharge) until after
I killed the cloaking Ceph at the end that give you 5k each
. So my second playthrough of levels is like a whole other game since I barely upgraded the first time through.

EDIT: Also, I bet they'll release the DX11 patch and the CryEngine development kit at the same time this summer.

subversus

NIN90 said:
Yeah, no manual saving is bullshit. Especially in a game like this where i want to experiment a whole lot.

it saves every checkpoint as a separate save afaik

Yeah but checkpoints are so far apart. The beauty of quicksaving in Crysis was stumbling upon enemies, quicksaving, trying something, then reloading it and doing it another way if something strike you.

Impossible in this game :(

Ok, this game is awesome.

Already played the single player campaign twice, and maybe starting over for the third time.

It´s been one hell of a ride.

NIN90

subversus said:
it saves every checkpoint as a separate save afaik

Yeah, but that's still not enough for me. I quicksaved like every 5 seconds in Crysis 1 because I wanted to handle every encounter perfectly / looking a sweet motherfucking badass. Holy crap that was so fun.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
NullPointer said:

Just sayin'

The 360/PS3 face off thread has over 350 posts.
Just sayin'

Sh1ner

Neuromancer said:
Agreed, it's really cool trying out different tactics in the same area until you get it right.

You know it's a good game when failure can actually be fun.

They did!

I am not so sure, I remember reading this too, I am guessing they took on his ideas of the nanosuit evolution aboard but I think when it came to the rest of the story, where you go, why, he may have had some input or I am not in the target audience Crytek was aiming for.

I wish we had more elements of the MGS style story, Characters showing a large array of emotion, less gun pointing, more actual conversation that pushes the characters forward, or even better something like the original crysis 2 trailer when the helicopter goes down while the Cepth are crawling all over it and the soldier blows himself up. I was hoping for that kind of a vibe from the rest of the game. Maybe Crysis 3? :D

markao

Sh1ner said:
I am not so sure, I remember reading this too, I am guessing they took on his ideas of the nanosuit evolution aboard but I think when it came to the rest of the story, where you go, why, he may have had some input or I am not in the target audience Crytek was aiming for.

I wish we had more elements of the MGS style story, Characters showing a large array of emotion, less gun pointing, more actual conversation that pushes the characters forward, or even better something like the original crysis 2 trailer when the helicopter goes down while the Cepth are crawling all over it and the soldier blows himself up. I was hoping for that kind of a vibe from the rest of the game. Maybe Crysis 3? :D
Hopefully, but I certainly don't want the game's story ending up like MGS4 or some similar garbage. I hope we'll see Nomad and Psycho as well. Maybe Rasch could have been working with them this entire time, or something? I just want to see them again. Rosenthal, too. Don't kill them off (immediately), either! :mad:

Lingitiz

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i haven't jumped into multiplayer mode on my PS3 yet(iv played it at my friends house) and was wondering what is better...stealth or armor??
Armor up anytime you think its gonna be a face to face fire fight. Hell I even use it when i shoot a dude in the back just to be sure.
Always cloak when running out in the open and when you think you can escape while getting shot from behind. I always see people afraid to cloak and sprint at the same time but you really need to use both often.

Top Bottom