• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

See You Next Wednesday said:
LOL
Selective comparisons?

Some of the physics in C2 blows away everything else.
Like the bridge scene in the later part of the game is more impressive than anything I seen in Crysis 1.
Posting a gif of pre-scripted sequence does nothing but re-enforce the other side's arguments.

derFeef

I guess I have to wait for a patch to continue playing. This freeze when changing weapon attachments is game braking for me. Happens with sniper rifle and scar so far.

Nekrono said:
After just being proven wrong, this statement holds no veracity.

Now you should get over Crysis 2 and stop claiming it's better looking and has better game play than the first.

If that is your personal opinion that's fine, but the way you're saying it, it's sounds more like a statement.

Debates about openness and interaction aside, there's really little debate that the core mechanics, presentations, graphics (sans texture resolution and raw poly count) and performance are all a significant leap forward here.

The suit powers are significantly better integrated, the lighting engine is genuinely a generational leap forward and there's no mistaking that the production values are much higher as well. Its a different kind of shooter now and some may not like that change but its simple pig headedness to deny that certain crucial areas are objectively better than they were in Crysis.

derFeef said:
I guess I have to wait for a patch to continue playing. This freeze when changing weapon attachments is game braking for me. Happens with sniper rifle and scar so far.
Yeah that happened to me after the update nuked my profile, only work around I found is to make a new singleplayer profile and start a new game.

derFeef

MickeyKnox said:
Yeah that happened to me after the update nuked my profile, only work around I found is to make a new singleplayer profile and start a new game.
For christs sake, this is ridiculous. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brain_stew said:
Debates about openness and interaction aside, there's really little debate that the core mechanics, presentations, graphics (sans texture resolution and raw poly count) and performance are all a significant leap forward here.

The suit powers are significantly better integrated, the lighting engine is genuinely a generational leap forward and there's no mistaking that the production values are much higher as well. Its a different kind of shooter now and some may not like that change but its simple pig headedness to deny that certain crucial areas are objectively better than they were in Crysis.
What are "core mechanics"? Just the suit powers?

I don't think anything in Crysis 2 is as shitty as Core in Crysis 1, but I don't think I liked anything as much as like the encounter in the village in the beginning of C1. But whatever, it's personal.

I had more fun with Crysis 1 as well personally. But Crysis 2 was still a fun ride. Though I dislike what they did with the story. More in reference to the suit. In Crysis 1 it was state of the art military equipment that the North Koreans replicated. In Crysis 2 it's some jesus suit made of alien technology talking heads, dead dudes, conspiracy theories and some other dumb shit.

MickeyKnox said:
Posting a gif of pre-scripted sequence does nothing but re-enforce the other side's arguments.

Scripted in real time.
I still saw nothing in the comparison to show Crysis 1 superiority in physics.
Debris still flies when destroyed, explosions look the same, you can still shoot down trees, they just choose not to implement it in some of the areas of the game.

If you want to talk about pure destructibility, then Red Faction 1 on the PS2 still beats out Crysis.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
A scripted sequence can't beat throwing a grenade on an oncoming jeep's front wheels only for it to topple over and fly above you... Or detonating a set of C4 charges as a rushing tank moves over them only for its now detached turret to fly off and kill you before you can celebrate your victory (this just happened to me, lol, got tired of C2 after finishing it so I'm playing C1)... Or rushing for cover from a chopper only for its missiles to destroy everything around you like it was made of cardboard... Etc... Moments like that bridge might as well have been pre-rendered cut scenes in Crysis 2, being unable to move and having an obnoxious "press F to look" so that you don't miss it, lol... There are many such scripted moments in Crysis too, like the ship bombing and then sinking near the start of the game. Although most allow you to move still.

As for the suit powers, they're only really "better" from a story perspective. In gameplay terms, it's just a very different style of play. I do personally prefer them in 2, and would like to play a Crysis mod that gives us Nanosuit 2, but that's just me. It's still just different gameplay that some may like better and others not.

Making an Ikaruga sequel where the ship is "upgraded" into purple and can destroy any enemy and make chains with any enemies and absorb any bullets rather than require switching between the red and blue modes wouldn't mean it's a "better, streamlined" gameplay, it'd just be a whole different game really.

And how is the lighting "a full generational leap" when it's still a DX9 engine running on the same and in some cases worse hardware? Hyperbole much? I can only agree that many things look more polished in Crysis 2, as they should. Although it has its fair share of issues too, like rushing jeeps hitting soldiers and not killing them but just pushing them over still standing like nothing happened. Of course with how scripted the game is such things don't happen often outside fully scripted events that work as intended.

And no I'm not saying that Crysis didn't have issues but you'd think with how much more restricted many things are in 2, from environment design to gameplay possibilities, they could have solved many rather than make them even more apparent (as close combat is more common now).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Scripted in real time.
Debris still flies when destroyed, explosions look the same, you can still shoot down trees, they just choose not to implement it in some of the areas of the game.

If you want to talk about pure destructibility, then Red Faction 1 on the PS2 still beats out Crysis.

Exactly how much of Crysis/Warhead did you play?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
The bit with the pier annoyed me. I stepped out of a window to pick up a sniper and lo and behold the gap wasn't there when I tried to jump back in! Then enemies could detect me through walls, direct head shots from 1 yard away wouldn't register and worst of all are the stupid spawns.

I'd be on the roof of the building in the middle take everyone out then as I walk down the stairs to check inside the building enemies start coming in the door that I was just covering! Then streams of them come in whereas when I hadn't gone down the stairs it had all gone very quiet in that direction. Ended up just rushing ahead and jumping to the next section where possible.

Campaign is only ok so far. Playable but not a huge draw. kinda wish it was a short one so I could just get it over and done with!

Still enjoying MP though. Mastering all the maps is gonna take forever.

Alexios

kaizoku said:
The bit with the pier annoyed me. I stepped out of a window to pick up a sniper
Was this right in the beginning? Lab rat? The open window is there, you missed it. Idk about headshots not registering, surely the enemies don't react different just in that one level so you either have that issue everywhere, or nowhere? The reinforcements in that level can be obnoxious (I like the shootouts so didn't mind after I got the hang of it) but they spawn in certain areas and climb up/down obstacles and run to you etc, so they don't just show up behind you out of nowhere. Also, if there's no alert status indicator (ie you've cleared everything before more spawned) they shouldn't even rush like that, but rather just carefully patrol some areas and move into positions etc...

Scripted in real time.

lulz. You do realize the physics calculations were not done on your console/PC. They were cooked then loaded, you shoot, it triggers the predetermined script you get that awesome gif.

You can not compare that to what he's talking about.

This is like looking at the CG of FFXIII and saying best looking game ever, because the video is..being played in real time!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I guess this is what happens to Crysis threads when people are done with the game and no one has posted screens in a while. We were so happy before :(

Hmm, bit underwhelmed with this really. It's certainly got some nice elements, but I hate the first-person cutscenes (especially when they unexpectedly have a QTE at the end) and the cloak is so powerful it feels like a cheat code.
Story is laughably bad. Does it make sense if you've played Crysis 1?
I would also have liked a bit more variety in the locations. And what's up with the level transitions? I finish a level by manning a turret on a jeep but the next level starts with me in a random building. Did a lot of content get cut?

Y2Kev

Dr Zhivago said:
Hmm, bit underwhelmed with this really. It's certainly got some nice elements, but I hate the first-person cutscenes (especially when they unexpectedly have a QTE at the end) and the cloak is so powerful it feels like a cheat code.
I would also have liked a bit more variety in the locations. And what's up with the level transitions? I finish a level by manning a turret on a jeep but the next level starts with me in a random building. Did a lot of content get cut?
No, it doesn't make sense. I think they will be releasing fill-in narrative to explain the time in between C2 and C1. But it still won't really make sense.

Zomba13

Dr Zhivago said:
The story has next to nothing to do with the first. I think the thing that annoys me most about it is how much the aliens have changed. I liked them in their big floaty squid robot suits and big nasty mechs and I liked how they flash froze and entire island in an instant. Here they just seem to try and spread a virus that appears to melt people for no real reason.
The level transitions are awful. One that was really bad for me was going into a tunnel by a church and seeing a stealthed alien run off into it after I shot at it then the next level has me on top of a skyscraper. I expected some sort of tunnel/underground level chasing/being stalked by a stealthed alien.

Mrbob

Zomba13 said:
The level transitions are awful. One that was really bad for me was going into a tunnel by a church and seeing a stealthed alien run off into it after I shot at it then the next level has me on top of a skyscraper. I expected some sort of tunnel/underground level chasing/being stalked by a stealthed alien.

Hahaha, a journalist really needs to ask Crytek about this specific level transition. It has to live in infamy right now as one of the most messed up transitions in gaming! I'd love to hear the thought process from Crytek on how this happened. I literally laughed when this happened in the game. So bad it is funny!

Heavy said:
Mickey/anyone else still up... I put r_PostMSAA=0 into my config file and the blur was gone but now there's a very fine grain filter taking its place. What's up with this? See the 1st screen for the grain then compare with the 2nd screen which has r_PostMSAA=2 on and no grain but slightly blurrier.

Also, some of the shinier objects/models you see with msaa=0 have this shimmery outline to them. I don't think this is sharpness. Looks like some weird type of jaggies. See the dead aliens in the third screen for this.

FYI i found the CVAR for that grain filter it's
Code:
r_HDRGrainAmount =  0
That will completely disable it, but you should try a low value like 0.1 to keep the grain but not make it so distracting.

Alextended said:
And how is the lighting "a full generational leap" when it's still a DX9 engine running on the same and in some cases worse hardware? Hyperbole much?.

The lack of understanding about what exactly an API is and does has really come to an unbearable point with the release of Crysis 2. There's no such thing as "DX9 lighting" and not a single game on the market can touch Crytek's lighting engine, no matter what API they are using.

The API used says nothing of the complexity of the lighting engine and as Crysis 2 has shown there's very little (outside of tesselation) that can't be achieved with DX9. Upgrades in DX have been less about adding new effects and more about cleaning up the API and making it easier and cheaper (in both rendertime and development effort) to achieve the same results for several releases now. That Crytek have achieved more with DX9 than anyone ever has with DX11 is a huge testament to their talent.

A huge improvement in the quality of the SSAO implementation, a full dynamic global illumination solution and more than an order of magnitude more (full shadow casting) dynamic lights means its ahead of anything else on the market, DX11 or no DX11 and light years (pun intended) ahead of the original Crysis.

Alexios

Oh you're good, going on a rant about the API when I also mentioned the hardware. Like I said, it does some things beter, but it isn't "genuinely a generational leap forward" in any way. Especially with how limited and restricted it is in other ways, which is probably part of what allowed them to push other things further, but not that far. It's a trade off.

While the GI is amazing, the only object that is GIed is the sun. With that said I find the night scenes much more impressive due to the fact since it's deferred lighting they have many upon many lights going on at once.

And hell, I don't even think GI is on in the console versions.

Ran across a cheat in multiplayer today. Dude had unlimited stealth and no recoil. He was just running around tearing people up. Sucks. I like the multiplayer, it just needs a patch to get rid of these pirates/cheaters.

Y2Kev said:
No, it doesn't make sense. I think they will be releasing fill-in narrative to explain the time in between C2 and C1. But it still won't really make sense.

I guess you can't make a drama out of a Crysis.

/coat

Alextended said:
Oh you're good, going on a rant about the API when I also mentioned the hardware. Like I said, it does some things beter, but it isn't "genuinely a generational leap forward" in any way. Especially with how limited and restricted it is in other ways, which is probably part of what allowed them to push other things further, but not that far. It's a trade off.

Running a more complex lighting engine at shorter rendertimes on pre-existing hardware makes their achievements more impressive not less. How exactly would wasting a bunch of GPU cycles to achieve the same results make things more impressive exactly?

What are these limitations you speak of anyway? All real time lighting solutions have compromises, but Cryengine 3 has far fewer than, well, anything else on the market.

I just got through Semper Fi or Die. So far I'm having fun with it as an arena shooter. Game design is pretty different from Crysis 1 though, I think if you take Crysis 1, Warhead, and Crysis 2 in progression, you ca kind of see the evolution from open playground to tighter arena shooter. I think that's fine, the gameplay and style has changed a bit so it isn't just a re-hash, but the premise of having a power suit is still here. I still favor Crysis 1 and Warhead though, I think.

The 2 complaints I have are:
1) No speed mode. I really miss the short superspeed burst just for getting behind groups, and it's really annoying that you can't sprint at all without power. Game plays slower and a little more methodical since escape.
2) I miss my radial middle mouse menu. I know a lot of people hated it, but the flexibility it gave when you got used to it was fantastic. I feel like my left had has too much crap to take care of and I was pretty accustomed to the mouse flick for power swaps.

Graphics wise, does anyone else see crazy lines of light on their pistol iron sights (the green part)? I guess you can't really tell from this pic, but there are those light blurs but in the opposite direction of the movement so it looks like weird horizontal light halo and not motion blur. Is that the radial blur? I like the motion blur in general, but if I could get rid of that weirdness on the sights it would be nice.
E246A84364C574C50BFA03985BEE44BEC2FCA359

Also, are buildings in the distance this blurry for everyone else? It also flickers between super god damn blurry and just blurry when I look around...is that normal or did I bork something with my autoexec? The flickering is a little distracting. The pic is super blurry version...note that I'm not looking around because foreground is not blurry.
991529FCCB7D49FA38E8EE80AEC830B51AA6D1D0

brain_stew said:
The lack of understanding about what exactly an API is and does has really come to an unbearable point with the release of Crysis 2. There's no such thing as "DX9 lighting" and not a single game on the market can touch Crytek's lighting engine, no matter what API they are using.

The API used says nothing of the complexity of the lighting engine and as Crysis 2 has shown there's very little (outside of tesselation) that can't be achieved with DX9. Upgrades in DX have been less about adding new effects and more about cleaning up the API and making it easier and cheaper (in both rendertime and development effort) to achieve the same results for several releases now. That Crytek have achieved more with DX9 than anyone ever has with DX11 is a huge testament to their talent.

A huge improvement in the quality of the SSAO implementation, a full dynamic global illumination solution and more than an order of magnitude more (full shadow casting) dynamic lights means its ahead of anything else on the market, DX11 or no DX11 and light years (pun intended) ahead of the original Crysis.
Pwned, lol.

MickeyKnox said:
FYI i found the CVAR for that grain filter it's
Code:
r_HDRGrainAmount =  0
That will completely disable it, but you should try a low value like 0.1 to keep the grain but not make it so distracting.
Thanks Mickey! Trying it now

Alexios

Limitations of the rest of the game compared to Crysis is what I clearly meant there. When your environments aren't as massive, your physics aren't as widely used, etc, you can achieve more in other areas. And yes, their lighting is impressive, but not a full generation ahead. Just lay off the hyperbole is all I said, I never said Crysis 2 lighting isn't great.
Heavy said:
Pwned, lol.
Ololol.

Y2Kev

Describing things in terms of "generations" seems fairly unscientific anyway...I don't think it's really worth squabbling over.

Alexios

I guess. The word "genuinely" just struck me in the way people often use "literally" when it isn't, lol.

I think you've borked something with those buildings itsnervedamage. Some motion blur settings probably, I dunno. That's how the sights are though, yeah it's weird.

Red

Just got a BSOD near the end of the second level. Classic 5870 vertical lines, then straight to the dreaded lock up.

Here we go again.

Y2Kev said:
Describing things in terms of "generations" seems fairly unscientific anyway...I don't think it's really worth squabbling over.

I am also finding it hard to give two shits about whether this is a "generational leap" or not considering it doesn't look all that much better at the end of the day, even if what is going on behind the scenes is extremely impressive. Some parts look better, but this is hardly what I expect from a "new generation".

So I thought this was funny / weird / wtf moment.

going through the campaign, I'm at the part where I kill the power so the EMP doesn't affect the suit and this happens when I stand still for a while

My gun slowly starts to light up and it's like lolwut?! It goes away when I move then I stand still and it does it again.

37C9C7156C170BBE4D923FE76A8D0B70C33D6EB6

7A22A021B7DD34688F91509810D3C3D469C6E565

Alextended said:
Limitations of the rest of the game compared to Crysis is what I clearly meant there. When your environments aren't as massive, your physics aren't as widely used, etc, you can achieve more in other areas. And yes, their lighting is impressive, but not a full generation ahead. Just lay off the hyperbole is all I said, I never said Crysis 2 lighting isn't great.Ololol.

Which, well, makes no sense at all when I was clearly talking about the lighting engine specifically with that comment.

Their lighting engine is a huge step forward compared to the previous game, its absolutely a generational leap, there was absolutely no hyperbole attached to that comment at all.

Cdammen

brain_stew said:
Much better shadows (less visible transitions, better filtering, more shadow casting lights) and much less popin are the two most obvious differences. Most other shaders and effects are all ran at higher precision as well.
Thanks, so there is a jump in fidelity but I'm just not noticing it. Except for the pop-in, I can actually see the LoD change when I move fast. I might increase the distance in the config because I'm too aware of it.

I'm really enjoying the game (loved the previous ones as well). First PC game I've bought for full-price :)

Red

Another BSOD, fuuuuuuuck

Ahhh gonna go take a nap. No use bothering about it now. Why can't things just be simple for once?

Nekrono

Scripted in real time.

I lol'ed.

brain_stew said:
Explosions are particle effects.
True but that's not everything there is to them, Crysis 1 explosions look better imo, the feel of impact and destruction, realism, the fire, the lighting when they explode, etc, is better.

Crysis 2 explosions look alright but it's especially because of those dusty fiery particles bouncing off when the explosion happens.

brain_stew said:
Their lighting engine is a huge step forward compared to the previous game

True but isn't that expected? considering the original is almost 4 years old it would be a complete failure if they didn't optimize it.

The lighting is good but a bit overdone and exaggerated imo. if they would tone it down a notch it'd be better.

I mean people here are comparing Crysis 2 and Crysis both graphically and technically like if Crysis 1 came out last year, it's not a fair comparison by any means when the first one came out almost 4 years ago, and imo it still looks better and plays better in certain aspects, which is a bit disappointing from Crysis 2, but still a good game overall.

Updated config

Code:
; Sys_Spec settings
sys_spec = 4
sys_spec_Full = 4
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 4
sys_spec_Shading = 4
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 4
sys_spec_Shadows = 4
sys_spec_Texture = 4
sys_spec_Physics = 4
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 4
sys_spec_Particles = 4
sys_spec_Sound = 4
sys_spec_Water = 4
sys_spec_GameEffects = 4
sys_spec_Quality = 4

; Sys_Spec Quality settings
q_ShaderGeneral = 4
q_ShaderMetal = 4
q_ShaderGlass = 4
q_ShaderVegetation = 4
q_ShaderIce = 4
q_ShaderTerrain = 4
q_ShaderShadow = 4
q_ShaderFX = 4
q_ShaderPostProcess = 4
q_ShaderHDR = 4
q_ShaderSky = 4
q_Renderer = 4

; Sys_Spec Game Effects Settings
i_lighteffects = 1
g_corpseMinTime = 60
g_corpseUnseenTime = 8
g_corpseMinDistance = 100
g_battleDust_enable = 1
mfx_Timeout = 0.0025

; Extra Game Effects Settings
g_SkipIntro = 1
g_radialBlur = 1
g_nanoSuitEnableSuitShapeDeformation = 1
g_no_breaking_by_objects = 0
g_procedural_breaking = 1
g_no_secondary_breaking = 0

; Sys_Spec Object Detail Settings
e_ObjQuality = 4
e_ProcVegetation = 1
e_DecalsAllowGameDecals = 1
e_DecalsLifeTimeScale = 4
e_DecalsOverlapping = 1
e_LodRatio = 100
e_LodMin = 0
e_ViewDistRatioDetail = 200
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation = 200
e_VegetationMinSize = 0
e_ViewDistRatio = 200
e_ViewDistRatioCustom = 200
e_ViewDistRatioLights = 200
e_ViewDistMin = 200
e_MaxViewDistSpecLerp = 1
sys_flash_curve_tess_error = 0.5
e_VegetationSpritesDistanceCustomRatioMin = 1
e_VegetationSpritesDistanceRatio = 2.5
es_DebrisLifetimeScale = 3.2
e_OcclusionCullingViewDistRatio = 2
e_Dissolve = 4
ca_AttachmentCullingRation = 400
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingMaxDist = 300
e_streamCgf = 0

; Sys_Spec Particles Settings
e_ParticlesQuality = 4
e_ParticlesMaxScreenFill = 1024
e_ParticlesMinDrawPixels = 0.25
e_ParticlesObjectCollisions = 4
e_ParticlesPoolSize = 32768
e_ParticlesEmitterPoolSize = 16384
r_UseParticlesHalfRes = 0
e_ParticlesForceAnimBlend = 
e_ParticlesForceGI = 1

; sys_spec Physics Settings
e_CullVegActivation = 200
g_tree_cut_reuse_dist = 0
p_max_MC_iters = 24000
es_MaxPhysDist = 400
es_MaxPhysDistInvisible = 5
e_PhysOceanCell = 0.1
e_FoliageWindActivationDist = 10
g_breakage_particles_limit = 640
p_max_object_splashes = 8
v_vehicle_quality = 4
p_max_substeps_large_group = 40
p_num_bodies_large_group = 200
p_gravity_z = -13
p_joint_damage_accum = 6
p_joint_damage_accum_threshold = 0.6
p_num_threads = 6

; sys_spec PostProcessing Settings
r_MotionBlur = 2
r_sunshafts = 1
r_UseEdgeAA = 3
r_colorgrading = 2
r_GlowAnamorphicFlares = 1
r_RainMaxViewDist_Deferred = 200
r_MotionBlurMaxViewDist = 256
r_PostMSAA = 0
r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = 0
r_PostProcessHUD3DCache = 0
r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0.0775
r_HDRBloomMul = 0.7

; sys_spec Shading Settings
sys_spec_Quality = 4
e_SkyUpdateRate = 1
r_DetailNumLayers = 2
r_DetailDistance = 200
r_HDRRendering = 2
r_SSAO = 4
r_SSAOQuality = 3
r_SSAODownscale = 0
r_refraction = 1
sys_flash_edgeaa = 1
e_VegetationUseTerrainColor = 1
e_TerrainAo = 1
e_TerrainNormalMap = 1
e_DynamicLightsMaxEntityLights = 32
r_UsePom = 1
r_EnvTexUpdateInterval = 0.001
r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 0
e_GINumCascades = 3
r_HDRBlueShift = 1.0
r_HDRBrightLevel = 0.55
r_HDRBrightOffset = 4.25
r_HDRBrightThreshold = 8
r_HDRLevel = 5
r_HDROffset = 15
r_EyeAdaptationBase = 0.2
r_EyeAdaptationFactor = 1
e_GI = 1
e_GIMaxDistance = 200
e_GIAmount = 0.6

; sys_spec Shadows Settings
e_Shadows = 1
r_ShadowBlur = 3
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 2048
r_ShadowJittering = 4
e_GsmLodsNum = 5
e_GsmRange = 1
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio = 3
e_GsmCache = 0
e_ShadowsResScale = 5.4
e_ShadowsAdaptScale = 5.4
e_ShadowsSlopeBias = 1

; sys_spec Sounds Settings
s_MPEGDecoders = 64
s_Obstruction = 0.5
s_ObstructionAccuracy = 5
s_ObstructionUpdate = 0.05
s_SoundMoodsDSP = 1
s_VariationLimiter = 1
s_ReverbType = 3

; sys_spec Texture Settings
r_TexSkyResolution = 0
r_ImposterRatio = 1
r_EnvCMResolution = 2
r_EnvTexResolution = 3
r_DynTexMaxSize = 320
r_TexAtlasSize = 4096
r_DynTexAtlasCloudsMaxSize = 128
r_DynTexAtlasSpritesMaxSize = 128
r_VegetationSpritesTexRes = 256
r_TexMinAnisotropy = 16

; sys_spec Volumetric Effects Settings
r_Beams = 1
r_BeamsDistFactor = 0.01
r_BeamsMaxSlices = 300
e_Clouds = 1

; sys_spec Water Settings
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0.0
e_WaterTesselationAmount = 30
e_WaterTesselationSwathWidth = 30
r_WaterUpdateDistance = 0.0
e_WaterOceanFFT = 1
q_ShaderWater = 4
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 0.010

; Extra Render settings
sys_MaxFPS = 60
sys_physics_CPU = 3
sys_EarlyMovieUpdate = 1
gpu_Particle_Physics = 1
e_LodMax = 0
r_AnisoMin = 16
r_AnisoMax = 16
e_CharLodMin = 0
es_maxphysdistcloth = 200
;r_PostMSAAMode = 2
r_ShadersRemoteCompiler = 0
r_displayInfo = 0
r_BeamsSoftClip = 0
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
r_ColorBits = 32
r_CoronaFade = 0.25
r_DrawNearFoV = 65
r_UseMergedPosts = 3
r_HDRRangeAdaptMax = 1.01
r_HDRRangeAdaptMaxRange = 256
r_HDRGrainAmount = 0.1
r_ShadersUseInstanceLookUpTable = 1

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Player / suit movement
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

pl_health.normal_threshold_time_to_regenerateSP = 3
pl_health.normal_regeneration_rateSP = 300
pl_freeFallDeath_fadeTimer = 1
pl_cover_and_lean.num_detection_rays = 20
pl_movement.crouch_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_crouch_speed_scale = 1
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_speed_scale = 0.85
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_sprint_scale = 1.35
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_strafe_speed_scale = 0.95
pl_movement.speedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1.3
pl_movement.sprint_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1.9
pl_movement.sprint_timeInAirToStopSprinting = 0.35 
pl_movement.strafe_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 0.95
pl_nano_vision.max_distance_visible = 300
pl_clientInertia = 55
cl_bobHeight = 0.079
cl_bobMaxHeight = 0.099
cl_bobWidth = 0.105
cl_speedToBobFactor = 0.402
cl_bobSprintMultiplier = 1.21

cl_fov=72
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=72
;hud_hide = 1
simply remove the ; on the last entry to disable the hud.

Alexios

brain_stew said:
Which, well, makes no sense at all.
It makes perfect sense. If I do less things here, I can do more things there. It works on so many levels! If I do less work, I do more slacking! If I stay in less, I go out more! If I push the engine less here (scale, physics, etc as I previously said already), I can push it more there (lighting, other stuff, has I previously said already, yay!)! Etc. See? Sense! And yes, your generation statements are hyperbole, sorry. But I'll stop arguing since you really want to keep calling it so (and be among the very few individuals seriously calling Crysis 2 next gen anything, at least from the PC gamer side), I can't stop you, and you know I disagree no matter how many technical terms you bring up to justify your statements when they aren't in any way proving them, so I'll leave it at that.

Alextended said:
It make perfect sense. If I do less things here, I can do more things there. It works on so many levels! If I do less work, I do more slacking! If I stay in less, I go out more! If I push the engine less here, I can push it more there! Etc. See? Sense! And yes, your generation statements are hyperbole, sorry. But I'll stop arguing if you really want to keep calling it that (and be among the very few individuals seriously calling Crysis 2 next gen anything, at least from the PC gamer side) it makes little difference anyway.
You speak in a very general tone, backing up none of your statements, while brain_stew sounds a lot more educated on the subject in terms of the technical aspects of the game. You're kind of weird.

...and why are all of your posts edited several minutes later with added sentences and stuff? Take a deep breath.

just edited that last post. It used to say "So are you" and that's it. lol weird

itsnervedamage said:
I just got through Semper Fi or Die. So far I'm having fun with it as an arena shooter. Game design is pretty different from Crysis 1 though, I think if you take Crysis 1, Warhead, and Crysis 2 in progression, you ca kind of see the evolution from open playground to tighter arena shooter. I think that's fine, the gameplay and style has changed a bit so it isn't just a re-hash, but the premise of having a power suit is still here. I still favor Crysis 1 and Warhead though, I think.

The 2 complaints I have are:
1) No speed mode. I really miss the short superspeed burst just for getting behind groups, and it's really annoying that you can't sprint at all without power. Game plays slower and a little more methodical since escape.
2) I miss my radial middle mouse menu. I know a lot of people hated it, but the flexibility it gave when you got used to it was fantastic. I feel like my left had has too much crap to take care of and I was pretty accustomed to the mouse flick for power swaps.

Graphics wise, does anyone else see crazy lines of light on their pistol iron sights (the green part)? I guess you can't really tell from this pic, but there are those light blurs but in the opposite direction of the movement so it looks like weird horizontal light halo and not motion blur. Is that the radial blur? I like the motion blur in general, but if I could get rid of that weirdness on the sights it would be nice.

Also, are buildings in the distance this blurry for everyone else? It also flickers between super god damn blurry and just blurry when I look around...is that normal or did I bork something with my autoexec? The flickering is a little distracting. The pic is super blurry version...note that I'm not looking around because foreground is not blurry.

Guessing that you are using the op's config?
It did the same exact thing for me, I'm using the config dennis posted instead. (all the detail settings at 3 instead of 4 and way less commands overall)
The game looks so much better then, spraks properly glow again (unlike what you are probably getting), that HORRIBLE ghosting goes away, it's less blurry.

Alexios

Heavy said:
...and why are all of your posts edited several minutes later with added sentences and stuff?
Why is that a problem? It's nice to be able to edit my posts for mistakes or to better articulate things I didn't get right the first time. I backed up my statements in posts before the last one, I didn't edit it to make your post appear wrong when it was previously correct if that's what you're getting at. I'm breathing normally, you should too.
LabouredSubterfuge said:
No you didn't lol
Olol, I believ u. Anyway, I'm done here, I don't wanna get banned over such silly matters from people who didn't even care to discuss at all and just randomly throw remarks after the thing has died down for God knows what reason so if you really want to continue this, send me a private message with what statement exactly you feel I didn't back up.

Top Bottom