• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Proc

Iztli said:
I am :( It's a good game on its own if it was called something else but as a sequel to Crysis its very poor..

I miss these moment:

Link

Link

Link

Link

I need to replay Crysis on my new rig. I never played Warhead, would it be better if I played that instead?

Nekrono

Iztli said:

This video... spot on
KuGsj.gif

It's not always like that but mostly throughout the whole game it is, I think he is playing on Veteran? but still you can appreciate how retarded and buggy the AI in this game is.

You can also tell how easy this game really is, he's just fucking strolling through the level with no effort whatsoever lol, now imagine if he actually took cover and used the suit and actually attacked.

Post-Human isn't that much harder except you only die with less bullets, AI is the same.

Humans are retarded as well but i personally find a better time with them than aliens.

A 6 year-old would probably take them out easily without too much effort if he knew how to control the game.

Iztli said:
I am :( It's a good game on its own if it was called something else but as a sequel to Crysis its very poor..

I miss these moment:

Link

Link

Link
I hear you, my exact thoughts as well.

I miss those moments too :(.

Koralsky

Played PS3 version after the last patch for a couple of hours (on supersoldier difficulty) - didn't see any difference in AI behavior - bad guys continue to are brainless as fuck.

Also, i didn't find the shadow quality (or rendering) to be any different.

After the patch these two elements should be improved.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I thought I had made it through my first playthrough without encountering any major glitches but I just finished my second playthrough and realized I hadn't played most of a chapter near the end because the section got skipped.
After the on rails section after being pulled out of the river the game skipped me to watching Central Park rise. It made sense too since all of those tentacles started coming out of the ground. It was kind of cool playing a new section on a replay but that's still a pretty major glitch. I liked the section in the building before the park rises though.

Also, I don't know if it's just placebo effect but the game looks a tad bit sharper on PS3 after the patch. I don't think it's a resolution raise but it seems almost like the vaseline filter was toned down just a bit. Was there anything like that in the patch notes? The shadows are noticeably better, which they did mention in the notes.

Also, does progress on Supersolider count towards finishing chapters on Veteran? I'd rather do a Veteran run first if the difficulty trophies don't stack.

RoboPlato said:
So I thought I had made it through my first playthrough without encountering any major glitches but I just finished my second playthrough and realized I hadn't played most of a chapter near the end because the section got skipped.
After the on rails section after being pulled out of the river the game skipped me to watching Central Park rise. It made sense too since all of those tentacles started coming out of the ground. It was kind of cool playing a new section on a replay but that's still a pretty major glitch. I liked the section in the building before the park rises though.

Also, I don't know if it's just placebo effect but the game looks a tad bit sharper on PS3 after the patch. I don't think it's a resolution raise but it seems almost like the vaseline filter was toned down a bit. Was there anything like that in the patch notes? The shadows are noticeably better, which they did mention in the notes.

Also, does progress on Supersolider count towards finishing chapters on Veteran? I'd rather do a Veteran run first if the difficulty trophies don't stack.
Yes super soldier runs give you credit for veteran. It's very nice.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My roommate just discovered the control option that allows you to put melee on O and crouch as toggle on the right stick. Such a huge improvement, especially for charged throws.

PS3 framerate in early sections is definitely improved after the patch. I'm watching it right now and I just played it yesterday and it was a lot slower It's a lot more like the later sections of the game. It always bothered me how bad those sections performed, even though they have little going on. It's still not perfect though. I just wish they would fix the stretched HUD. The oval shotgun crosshair is really annoying.

Tom Penny

Koralsky said:
Played PS3 version after the last patch for a couple of hours (on supersoldier difficulty) - didn't see any difference in AI behavior - bad guys continue to are brainless as fuck.

Also, i didn't find the shadow quality (or rendering) to be any different.

After the patch these two elements should be improved.

A.I. is still dumb as rocks. They shouldn't get stuck on dumb shit as much. I have seen it less for sure. If you could remove the hud the game would be much more interesting on consoles.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tom Penny said:
A.I. is still dumb as rocks. They shouldn't get stuck on dumb shit as much. I have seen it less for sure.
Yeah, the patch just slightly improved pathfinding and they don't kill themselves with grenades as often.

Iztli said:

Haha. That's actually hilarious. And quite sad, to be honest.

Let me tell you why :).

I approached each new enemy encounter in Crysis 2 with the same mindset: how could I dispatch of all of the enemies in the most efficient way possible, whilst still having fun? So, I would go about my business and sure, I would rig up some C4, stealth-kill me some Ceph, pull me a few headshots here and there and yes, it WAS indeed fun. HOWEVER, to have it in the back of your mind that there was always a more "efficient" option, i.e. stealth-walking or armor-walking through an entire skirmish is a massive dampener; it detracts from the gratification significantly. I don't actually have to do ANYTHING to progress; I merely should, because that's the only way I'm going to have fun.

C2 is one game that could actually benefit from more linearity, as its mechanics are more than solid enough to render it enjoyable as a corridor shooter from time to time. There should be sections that require you to kill fucking EVERYTHING!

Also, looking at the posted Crysis 1 videos, C2 looks far better from an aesthetic design point of view, in my opinion; the way the nanosuit moves, the vantage point of the weapons and how they bob and sway on-screen, etc - FAR better in my eyes.

Red

mickcenary said:
Also, looking at the posted Crysis 1 videos, C2 looks far better from an aesthetic design point of view, in my opinion; the way the nanosuit moves, the vantage point of the weapons and how they bob and sway on-screen, etc - FAR better in my eyes.
The movement is a huge improvement outside of the decrease in player speed. But I disagree that it's a better-looking game aesthetically. C2 is pretty generic and boring, due mostly to the setting.

There was an incredible flow graph mod for C1 that blows even C2 out of the water. It had a big problem with blur though, and I could never get it working outside the level editor.

This sucker right here

This is perhaps a better video

My ideal first person movement in a game like this would be a mix of the gun bobbing and handling from that mod, likewise for movement speed, with less head bobbing (something with that much shaking would make me vomit), and the ledge grabbing and suit control of Crysis 2.

Nekrono

mickcenary said:

Crunched said:
The movement is a huge improvement outside of the decrease in player speed. But I disagree that it's a better-looking game aesthetically. C2 is pretty generic and boring, due mostly to the setting.

My ideal first person movement in a game like this would be a mix of the gun bobbing and handling from that mod, likewise for movement speed, with less head bobbing (something with that much shaking would make me vomit), and the ledge grabbing and suit control of Crysis 2.

You guys should add this to your config:

Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Player / suit movement
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

pl_health.normal_threshold_time_to_regenerateSP = 3
pl_health.normal_regeneration_rateSP = 300
pl_freeFallDeath_fadeTimer = 1
pl_cover_and_lean.num_detection_rays = 20
pl_movement.crouch_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_crouch_speed_scale = 1
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_speed_scale = 0.85
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_sprint_scale = 1.35
pl_movement.nonCombat_heavy_weapon_strafe_speed_scale = 0.95
pl_movement.speedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1.3
pl_movement.sprint_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1.9
pl_movement.sprint_timeInAirToStopSprinting = 0.35 
pl_movement.strafe_SpeedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 0.95
pl_nano_vision.max_distance_visible = 300
pl_clientInertia = 55
cl_bobHeight = 0.079
cl_bobMaxHeight = 0.099
cl_bobWidth = 0.105
cl_speedToBobFactor = 0.402
cl_bobSprintMultiplier = 1.21

Taken from the OP.

I have to say that alone made the game so much better for me, you should be able to tweak it if it's too much or too subtle.

neoism

HOLY SHIT I think I finally got my config the way I want it.. I'm using this now.
sys_MaxFPS = 60
sys_spec = 4
sys_spec_Full = 4
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 4
sys_spec_Shading = 4
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 4
sys_spec_Shadows = 4
sys_spec_Texture = 4
sys_spec_Physics = 4
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 4
sys_spec_Particles = 4
sys_spec_Sound = 4
sys_spec_Water = 4
sys_spec_GameEffects = 4
sys_spec_Quality = 4
sys_spec_Shadows = 3

sys_spec_Quality = 4
q_Renderer = 4
q_ShaderFX = 4
q_ShaderGeneral = 4
q_ShaderGlass = 4
q_ShaderHDR = 4
q_ShaderIce = 4
q_ShaderMetal = 4
q_ShaderPostProcess = 4
q_ShaderShadow = 4
q_ShaderSky = 4
q_ShaderTerrain = 4
q_ShaderVegetation = 4

r_displayInfo = 1

r_DepthOfFieldBokehQuality = 1
g_SkipIntro = 1
r_DrawNearFoV = 78
e_WaterOcean = 1
gpu_Particle_Physics = 1
p_Players_Can_Break = 1

g_infiniteSuitEnergy = 1
g_logSuitEnergyNetworking = 1
g_nanoSuitEnableSuitShapeDeformation = 1
e_DeformableObjects = 1
e_PrepareDeformableObjectsAtLoadTime = 1
e_TerrainDeformations = 1
e_TerrainDetailMaterials = 1
g_no_breaking_by_objects = 0
g_procedural_breaking = 1
pl_impulseEnabled = 1
g_no_secondary_breaking = 0
r_Rain = 2
r_RainDropsEffect = 2
r_RainIgnoreNearest = 0
r_Reflections = 2
r_ReflectionsQuality = 3
r_RefractionPartialResolves = 0

pl_health.normal_threshold_time_to_regenerateSP = 1
pl_health.normal_regeneration_rateSP = 900
pl_freeFallDeath_fadeTimer = 5
pl_movement.speedScaleWithoutNanosuit = 1.3
pl_nano_vision.max_distance_visible = 500
pl_clientInertia = 55

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 HD - game effects ;
g_battleDust_enable = 1

; Crysis 2 HD - objectdetail ;
ca_AttachmentCullingRation = 600
;ca_DrawFaceAttachments = 1
e_DecalsAllowGameDecals = 1
e_DecalsLifeTimeScale = 4
e_Dissolve = 2
e_LodMin = 0
e_LodRatio = 10
;e_Lods = 0
e_MaxViewDistSpecLerp = 2
e_ObjQuality = 4
e_OcclusionCullingViewDistRatio = 2
e_ProcVegetation = 1
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistXY = 4096
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ = 256
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingMaxDist = 200
e_VegetationBending = 1
e_VegetationMinSize = 0
e_VegetationSpritesDistanceCustomRatioMin = 2
e_VegetationSpritesDistanceRatio = 3
e_ViewDistMin = 80
e_ViewDistRatio = 200
e_ViewDistRatioCustom = 400
e_ViewDistRatioDetail = 150
e_ViewDistRatioLights = 100
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation = 200
e_streamCgf = 0
es_DebrisLifetimeScale = 2
sys_flash_curve_tess_error = 1

e_ParticlesEmitterPoolSize = 8192
e_ParticlesMaxScreenFill = 256
e_ParticlesMinDrawPixels = 0.5
e_ParticlesObjectCollisions = 6
e_ParticlesPoolSize = 16384
e_ParticlesQuality = 4
r_UseSoftParticles = 1

e_CullVegActivation = 100
e_FoliageWindActivationDist = 50
e_PhysFoliage = 1
e_PhysOceanCell = 0.25
es_MaxPhysDist = 100
es_MaxPhysDistInvisible = 100
g_breakage_particles_limit = 120
g_joint_breaking = 1
g_tree_cut_reuse_dist = 0
p_gravity_z = -13
p_joint_damage_accum = 2
p_joint_damage_accum_threshold = 0.4
p_max_MC_iters = 12000
p_max_object_splashes = 8
p_max_substeps_large_group = 10
p_num_bodies_large_group = 200
p_splash_dist0 = 24
p_splash_dist1 = 60
p_splash_force0 = 20
p_splash_force1 = 200
p_splash_vel0 = 9
p_splash_vel1 = 20
v_vehicle_quality = 4

e_DynamicLightsMaxEntityLights = 70
e_GI = 1
e_GIMaxDistance = 200
e_GINumCascades = 1
e_SkyUpdateRate = 1
e_TerrainAo = 1
e_TerrainNormalMap = 1
e_VegetationUseTerrainColor = 0
r_DetailDistance = 150
r_DetailNumLayers = 2
r_EnvTexUpdateInterval = 0.025
r_EyeAdaptationBase = 0.2
r_EyeAdaptationFactor = 1
r_HDRBlueShift = 1
r_HDRBrightThreshold = .5
r_HDRGrainAmount = 0.1
r_HDRLevel = .5
r_HDROffset = 5
r_HDRRendering = 2
r_SSAOQuality = 3
r_SSAO = 3
r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 0
r_UsePom = 1
r_refraction = 1

e_Shadows = 1
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio = 0.9
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 1024
e_ShadowsOnAlphaBlend = 1
r_ShadowJittering = 2.5
r_ShadowsMaskResolution = 0
r_glow = 0

r_DynTexAtlasCloudsMaxSize = 64
r_DynTexAtlasSpritesMaxSize = 64
r_DynTexMaxSize = 160
r_EnvCMResolution = 2
r_EnvTexResolution = 3
r_ImposterRatio = 0.5
r_TexAtlasSize = 4096
;r_TexBumpResolution = 0
;r_TexResolution = 0
r_TexSkyResolution = 0
;r_TexturesStreaming = 0
r_VegetationSpritesTexRes = 128

e_Clouds = 1
r_Beams = 1
r_BeamsDistFactor = 0.001
r_BeamsMaxSlices = 225
r_CloudsUpdateAlways = 1

e_WaterOceanFFT = 1
e_WaterTesselationAmount = 50
e_WaterTesselationSwathWidth = 50
q_ShaderWater = 4
r_WaterReflections = 1
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 0.025
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 3
r_WaterUpdateDistance = 0.02
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0.025

r_GlowAnamorphicFlares = 0
r_MotionBlurMaxViewDist = 100
r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0.091
r_RainMaxViewDist_Deferred = 200
r_UseEdgeAA = 0
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
r_PostMSAA = 0
r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = 0
r_colorgrading = 1
r_sunshafts = 1

con_Restricted = 0
cl_fov=78
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=78

hud_hide = 1

I think what did it was the r_SSAOQuality = 3
r_SSAO = 3 commands, and the fact that MSAA is 0
... looks so good. I don't have fraps and steam screen-shots sucks so no pics right now. Beside Dennis is the man for screenshots..
Also how do you get the dev console to work... I have con_restricted in the sys file... also
g_infiniteSuitEnergy = 1 doesn't seem to work. Anyone else try it??

Red

Nekrono said:
You guys should add this to your config:

Taken from the OP.

I have to say that alone made the game so much better for me, you should be able to tweak it if it's too much or too subtle.
Yeah, I have that on mine, but I don't see any difference in speed. I had to turn off the head bobbing completely because it was giving me a migraine + motion sickness.

It's easy enough to mess with, though, so I'll try increasing movement speed whenever I next get a chance to play.

Crunched said:

Woah. That actually looks fucking incredible; movement like that is my type of thing. The way the gun darts about is rad. Tone it down maybe a little and it'd be perfect.

I think I prefer the movement/feel of KZ2/KZ3 the most. If you've played KZ3 with the Playstation Move, the way the gun contorts on the screen is very well done, albeit not as dramatic as that mod. As has been said, I'd definitely want to play a game that moved like that in a lush jungle setting.

Red

mickcenary said:
Woah. That actually looks fucking incredible; movement like that is my type of thing. The way the gun darts about is rad. Tone it down maybe a little and it'd be perfect.

I think I prefer the movement/feel of KZ2/KZ3 the most. If you've played KZ3 with the Playstation Move, the way the gun contorts on the screen is very well done, albeit not as dramatic as that mod. As has been said, I'd definitely want to play a game that moved like that in a lush jungle setting.
I'd say KZ2 and 3 are great examples of satisfying gun movement visually, but the Crysis mod beats them because it's far more responsive. I actually haven't played KZ3 as of yet, but if it's anything like 2, the input delay takes away more than the weight of the guns adds. I love watching people play KZ2, but I hate playing it myself. If you ever get a chance, try out that Crysis mod. It not only looks great, but it feels great as well.
mickcenary said:
Actually, don't tone it down at all :). I just watched the whole thing and it. Looks. Insane.

It looks more next-gen than next-gen.
And from a 2007 game, too.

strata8

Crunched said:

There was an incredible flow graph mod for C1 that blows even C2 out of the water. It had a big problem with blur though, and I could never get it working outside the level editor.

This sucker right here

This is perhaps a better video

Tried that mod (the newest version) and I couldn't play at all. Aiming is jerky, you can't see what you're doing, etc. But maybe that's just me.

Red

NotTarts said:
Tried that mod (the newest version) and I couldn't play at all. Aiming is jerky, you can't see what you're doing, etc. But maybe that's just me.
The excessive blur kills it. I can't deal with the head bobbing, but others might be okay with that. The aiming though? It is perfect. I love the way the gun moves.

When I tried it out it also did some shitty sharpening effect, like a filter, over the entire screen. Looked awful. No idea why that was in there.

Red

luka said:
I was waiting for this one to be posted. How could anyone think this nonsense looks good or even playable? Just nauseating and perfect example of why most modders will never be successful game developers.
You're taking this out of context, and I'm afraid the discussion now will stem from the points you're trying to make. I posted it mainly to highlight the gun movement, which is excellent. The sharpening filter and head bobbing, as I've noted earlier, are awful.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Crunched said:
You're taking this out of context, and I'm afraid the discussion now will stem from the points you're trying to make. I posted it mainly to highlight the gun movement, which is excellent. The sharpening filter and head bobbing, as I've noted earlier, are awful.
True enough. It's really hard for me to work out exactly how the gun is moving relative to the camera with all the ridiculous headbobbing going on though.
Crysis does have a 'lazy weapon' cvar to achieve a similar effect.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Proc said:
I need to replay Crysis on my new rig. I never played Warhead, would it be better if I played that instead?

Warhead is a better game than Crysis 1 itself.

I just wrapped up a playthrough of it myself and now want an actual sequel to Crysis.

Crunched said:
I'd say KZ2 and 3 are great examples of satisfying gun movement visually, but the Crysis mod beats them because it's far more responsive. I actually haven't played KZ3 as of yet, but if it's anything like 2, the input delay takes away more than the weight of the guns adds. I love watching people play KZ2, but I hate playing it myself. If you ever get a chance, try out that Crysis mod. It not only looks great, but it feels great as well.

And from a 2007 game, too.

Killzone 2 blew me away with its movement when I first played it. 3 is more of the same, but slightly more rigid. Plug in your Move, though, and it turns into a far more visceral beast; it's fantastic. Not to mention, Move slays controllers.

And dude, if I had a rig to run Crysis... My lord. Dat mod. It looks orgasmic. It's everything I want an FPS to look and feel like. In my opinion, enhancements like that are the key to next-gen visuals rather than better textures and bigger worlds; I wish developers would agree with me rather than aligning with the poisonous CoD style aesthetic that just looks so fucking lame.

Red

luka said:
True enough. It's really hard for me to work out exactly how the gun is moving relative to the camera with all the ridiculous headbobbing going on though.
Crysis does have a 'lazy weapon' cvar to achieve a similar effect.
I've never been able to get weapon movement as dramatic as that mod by editing cvar values. I wish I could. You can achieve a slight weapon bob, but that mod adds motion through the arms of the player character. It's more obvious when looking through the scope, how it's not always rigidly level. I haven't been able to do that on my own.

Crysis 2 I don't think would work as well with that amount of gun movement, mainly because the guns take up like 1/4 of the screen. I find myself using the Nova more often than not since it takes up so much less space than more powerful weapons.

RoboPlato said:
My roommate just discovered the control option that allows you to put melee on O and crouch as toggle on the right stick. Such a huge improvement, especially for charged throws.

PS3 framerate in early sections is definitely improved after the patch. I'm watching it right now and I just played it yesterday and it was a lot slower It's a lot more like the later sections of the game. It always bothered me how bad those sections performed, even though they have little going on. It's still not perfect though. I just wish they would fix the stretched HUD. The oval shotgun crosshair is really annoying.
Oh nice. I'm going to have to try that.

Zomba13

I decided to play some Crysis 2 in 3D with no HUD and it was pretty awesome. I'm still shocked that I'm playing on the highest with a bit of cfg editing to make stuff a bit better for me and I'm getting no loss of FPS in 3D mode. I don't understand how. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't had fraps running. Does anyone know why this is? In most games I play with 3D on I get some FPS drop at the least and on others I get half the FPS than 2D (like AC:B).

strata8

neoism said:
lol nevermind I put on postmsaa = 1 and it looks so much better.
Er, was the picture you posted earlier supposed to be demonstrating the vaseline blur? It didn't look blurry at all.

I really enjoy the sandbox encounters in Crysis 2. I think it could benefit from "challenge room" style play where they give you an area and you have to take down all the enemies and try to get the most points. Is there been any word of an sdk for Crysis 2?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ysiadmihi said:
Warhead is a better game than Crysis 1 itself.

I just wrapped up a playthrough of it myself and now want an actual sequel to Crysis.
That's debatable. I thought it felt like an above average user mod. :\

syoaran

I've also got to chime in here, the difficulty for this game is so broken. Playing it in its hardest setting, the first 4 levels I've steath passed the entire level. I the freeway level, the game still tracked my motion despite the fact I was I was never spotted.

Music, sound effects, visuals. Really top notch, and it the controls felt very nice in this shooter. I enjoyed the level design and the attention to detail as well.

But,

the story is such a mess and the game incredibly forgettable in most sections that it sadly does not match up to the original.

Whats up the the "we will nuke" again. Wasn't that violently disproved to be a working idea before? The daughter of the guy who tried it last time is on the same com channel as the guy saying its so ordered, why didnt she say, "hey, 9 years ago that didnt work, and because it didnt work we are here right now". Didn't we prove in the first game that electrical energy and nuclear energy simply made our foes more powerful? Yet we shoot them with electric bolts and threaten to nuke the structure. Where the hell is Nomad and the other chick. Why did it take so many years for Prophet to return from the korean islands to present day. No-one seems surprised at the Ceph invasion, including CELL which even the lowest grunt seems to know all the answers. How can you blanket media coverage of the alien threat 9 years ago, when you have an enemy that submits media in a different way (N.Korean's), and you have independent news coverage reporting from the navel fleet that gets attacked (Crysis:Warhead). Honestly, its a mess. Someone must have been very, very high to write this, stick a sequel sign on and expect it to pass. It pretty much does what MW2 did, which made no sense either. Why reviewers do not pick up on this the first time around is beyond me....

Sorry, that was rant worthy. Its a shame, Crysis 1 did not have a deep storyline, but it was consistent and it was enjoyable. Crysis 2 is like an essex girl, attractive, but as stupid as she is inbred.

Stitch

Gold Member
dark10x said:
Any shots?

That tends to look the best, but performance takes a massive hit.
It's only 2X SGSSAA. Higher would be unplayable.

The screens actually look like ass... not sure why, it looks better in motion :-/

Zomba13 said:
I decided to play some Crysis 2 in 3D with no HUD and it was pretty awesome. I'm still shocked that I'm playing on the highest with a bit of cfg editing to make stuff a bit better for me and I'm getting no loss of FPS in 3D mode. I don't understand how. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't had fraps running. Does anyone know why this is? In most games I play with 3D on I get some FPS drop at the least and on others I get half the FPS than 2D (like AC:B).

The 3D is built into the games engine.

Instead of being a product of unoptimized NVIDIA Driver Level-Based 3D or Dolphin Emulator's z-Based 3D. Both of which have noticeably more depth accuracy as a result.

raphier

Banned
Whose brilliant idea it was to make that when I receive a hit, my suit energy drains like macaroni cheese up my mouth? And then I can't fucking move because my energy is ZERO. Fuck you crytek, don't mess health with suit power! (no armor mode initiated)

raphier said:
Whose brilliant idea it was to make that when I receive a hit, my suit energy drains like macaroni cheese up my mouth? And then I can't fucking move because my energy is ZERO. Fuck you crytek, don't mess health with suit power! (no armor mode initiated)

Are you talking multiplayer? Maybe you're going up against the k-volt. Otherwise I don't think its supposed to do this.

Zomba13

Cuban Legend said:
The 3D is built into the games engine.

Instead of being a product of unoptimized NVIDIA Driver Level-Based 3D or Dolphin Emulator's z-Based 3D. Both of which have noticeably more depth accuracy as a result.
Ah, that explains why I get a feeling of more depth from other games than I do this.
Didn't know about the 3D being built into the engine.

vazel

Banned
Isn't a silencer not supposed to take you out of stealth when you shoot? I unlocked the silencer for the feline in mp and to my disappointment I still get instantly knocked out of stealth when I shoot.

Top Bottom