• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

JoeBoy101

vazel said:
Isn't a silencer not supposed to take you out of stealth when you shoot? I unlocked the silencer for the feline in mp and to my disappointment I still get instantly knocked out of stealth when I shoot.

Depends on the strength and amount of shots. Are you SURE you're only firing one or two shots? More than that will drop stealth.

vazel

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:
Depends on the strength and amount of shots. Are you SURE you're only firing one or two shots? More than that will drop stealth.
The feline fires at a very high rate of fire. Even when I switch to single shot fire mode it drops me out of stealth instantly.

Fuck you guys.

Seriously.

All of you guys with mega rigs: I hate you.

I have been watching Crysis 1 'extreme quality' mod videos in HD for about half an hour and I am stunned. I can't believe that a game from 2007, let alone ANY game, can be made to look like this. The movement. Oh, my FUCKING God, the movement. Look, I don't care if the mod renders the game unplayable, 'cause it looks 1 trillion times better than vanilla Crysis. I honestly think you're retarded if you disagree.

scitek

Uh wow, so I disabled all forms of in-game AA and took these screens using only AMD's MLAA through RadeonPro. I've never tried this before, I would always keep EdgeAA enabled in addition to the MLAA.

crysis2.exe_2011-04-05cjcc.png

crysis2.exe_2011-04-05lm3x.png

mickcenary said:
Fuck you guys.

Seriously.

All of you guys with mega rigs: I hate you.

I have been watching Crysis 1 'extreme quality' mod videos in HD for about half an hour and I am stunned. I can't believe that a game from 2007, let alone ANY game, can be made to look like this. The movement. Oh, my FUCKING God, the movement. Look, I don't care if the mod renders the game unplayable, 'cause it looks 1 trillion times better than vanilla Crysis. I honestly think you're retarded if you disagree.
I'm not sure which mod you're talking about, but most keep the game extremely playable these days.

NIN90

It's crazy how detailed the enviroments are.
I think I will do a new playthrough just to oogle at every little detail.

scitek

Sethos said:
MLAA doesn't suit this game either, looks like it's slightly out of focus.

It kicks the shit out of the PostMSAA for me. There is absolutely zero ghosting now, it was driving me nuts before.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the best means of forcing AA through nVidia cards? I want to try and see if that lets me get rid of the blur and jaggies. I tried the basic control panel, but it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else playing MP (on the 360) been getting a bug where changing to your secondary while reloading causes you to finish the reloading animation before changing, without actually reloading your primary. It's really annoying, and has gotten me killed a whole bunch of times.

Edit: Bad English, durrrrr

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm not sure which mod you're talking about, but most keep the game extremely playable these days.

This one, mang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shZzYkpl5Nk

And I mean unplayable, subjectively speaking, 'cause I can definitely appreciate if some guys can't deal with/don't like the exagerrated blur, movement, etc. I happen to think that it's the best thing since sliced bread; it looks like a scripted trailer.

Fuck it, here's a couple screens. Not too spoilerish I don't think but if you haven't beaten it yet I'd close your eyes and scroll down or X out to avoid seeing some environments.

1080p, extreme, no downsampling:

crysis22011-04-0222-54k7ym.png

crysis22011-04-0222-01u7ca.png

crysis22011-04-0310-37j7p3.png

derFeef

If my savegame would be alright I would still play this on post-human, searching every corner and look at the tiny details. I am bummed about losing all my suit powers and the weapon-mod freeze bug, so I need a brake and will probably blast through it on normal difficulty in a few days.
:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think the negative Nanocatalyst thing happens when you play on a higher difficulty. I have the suit maxed out so I played through most of my last time through picking up Nanocatalyst so I had a ton. I now have negative 22k on Supersolder. LOL

Dennis

Banned
Is every dead Alien supposed to yield nanocatalysts? Sometimes I can't get some from corpses.

And do ýou have to be quick and collect before they disappear?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DennisK4 said:
Is every dead Alien supposed to yield nanocatalysts? Sometimes I can't get some from corpses.

The Nanocatalyst appears at the point where you killed them and not where they fall. It can sometimes be hard to find it since you instinctively search the bodies. Sometimes its even floating in the air. In some of the really big battles it seems that the 100 Nanocatalyst ones disappear after a while but the bigger ones stay.

derFeef

DennisK4 said:

I noticed that some crystals appear some foot away from the dead alien, but still on the path where it came from. And I think you have about 1 minute until the crystal disappears?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if I can get some advice about configs.

I was able to run Crysis 1 at 720p with the "Natural Mod". Not great fps.. maybe 25, something like that.. but good enough for me I guess. If I played crysis 1 on very high settings out of the box at 720p the fps was a lot crappier though.

Anyway, I got crysis 2, and at 720p, extreme settings, I only get 10 fps.
So what should I do? There doesn't seem to be a "standard" optimized set of configs for this game yet. What are the main things I can change to boost fps?

My GPU is an HD 5650. I was going to get the latest drivers, but then I noticed that hp's site only has drivers from october. If I get them from somewhere else then I'll lose my switchable graphics, which isn't too cool.

Any advice? I haven't done tons of modern PC gaming, so I'm not very familiar with all the different types of effects, or what matters for fps.

derFeef said:
I noticed that some crystals appear some foot away from the dead alien, but still on the path where it came from. And I think you have about 1 minute until the crystal disappears?
I've gotten the impression the nano stuff is where the alien was killed, even if their body fell or was moved somehow.

JoeBoy101

DennisK4 said:
I see HUD.

Casual gamer confirmed.

To your earlier shot, I was messing around with the nighttime areas of the game. It really does look incredibly better with the fires in the buildings and all the different lighting sources playing off of things.

Neuromancer said:
I've gotten the impression the nano stuff is where the alien was killed, even if their body fell or was moved somehow.

Correct. Its not where they fall, but where they were when health hit zero. At times, it can be a large discrepancy. Sniping can especially cause you to lose them as by the time you clear and area and displace, you'll be too late to pick them up.

Vitet

DennisK4 said:

If you kill an Alien by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him, the nanocatalysts appear over your head

Red

mickcenary said:
This one, mang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shZzYkpl5Nk

And I mean unplayable, subjectively speaking, 'cause I can definitely appreciate if some guys can't deal with/don't like the exagerrated blur, movement, etc. I happen to think that it's the best thing since sliced bread; it looks like a scripted trailer.
Just a heads up: you really don't need a monster rig to run Crysis anymore. I certainly don't have bleeding edge hardware and it doesn't give me much of an issue. I've run that mod as well, though it doesn't work outside custom maps or the level editor.

Q8D3vil

so, i just received my 2x570 and decided to play the sp.
i feel that the control is kinda laggy and not responsive.
i played the mp and i feel the control is way better :/

DennisK4 said:
Well thats annoying

And it could be that you are experiencing a bug. I couldn't harvest any of the NC as the score remained at 0. Now I have 60 in my second playthrough and I'm at a point my score doesn't increase. This is after the patch.

How's the 360 multiplayer community for Crysis 2? I enjoyed the beta, limited as it was, but I wouldn't mind giving this a try. Mostly for the SP obviously, but if the MP community isn't a desolate wasteland it'd make it an easy decision to pick this up (as a corollary, is anywhere currently beating Amazon's $10 off the 360 version?)

Grisby

oddworld18 said:
How's the 360 multiplayer community for Crysis 2? I enjoyed the beta, limited as it was, but I wouldn't mind giving this a try. Mostly for the SP obviously, but if the MP community isn't a desolate wasteland it'd make it an easy decision to pick this up (as a corollary, is anywhere currently beating Amazon's $10 off the 360 version?)

Never had a problem getting a team deathmatch game. Some modes are a little more bare than others.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Supersoldier is really easy with Stealth Enhance and a Silenced Nova. I just blew through the first 5 chapters without much of a problem at all.

I'll ask again, why does my server list always display empty(PC)? It has been like this since launch day. I'd really like to at least try the multiplayer...

how long is the SP? and is the game worth getting if I don't ever plan on playing MP (I will get the 360 as I hear it's better then the PS3 version)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ken Masters said:
how long is the SP? and is the game worth getting if I don't ever plan on playing MP (I will get the 360 as I hear it's better then the PS3 version)
It's about 12 hours and extremely replayable because of the different combat options. It's one of my favorite FPS ever, definitely the best since Ep. 2 and Bioshock.

Detox

RoboPlato said:
It's about 12 hours and extremely replayable because of the different combat options. It's one of my favorite FPS ever, definitely the best since Ep. 2 and Bioshock.

Oh shit, other impressions said it was good but not on this level. I might have to buy it as well now.

LQX

I keep seeing some mention the vaseline look. I played the game without messing with the config files and I did not really look all that shiny at all to me. Is this the result of messing with the config files or some people just over playing it?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Detox said:
Oh shit, other impressions said it was good but not on this level. I might have to buy it as well now.
I like it more than a lot of other people but the single player is definitely meaty. I'm more of an SP guy too. I'm on my third playthrough and I'm still having a ton of fun.

LQX said:
I keep seeing some mention the vaseline look. I played the game without messing with the config files and I did not really look all that shiny at all to me. Is this the result of messing with the config files or some people just over playing it?

Nah just lot of exaggeration. Thing is the game has quite a few textures and such that do look like they were covered in your standard shiny vaseline finish to cover the shitty texture quality. So you get random ground and stone texture that is for some reason shiny. It's not like the screen and everything is covered in it though.

Detox said:
Don't get to pumped because the game has its flaws. But its a really competent, feature reach shooter with the best graphics in console. Plus the best control scheme for a pad in any shooter.

stuminus3

LQX said:
Don't worry about it, this always happens in any discussion of a top-tier PC game. The people talking about it are the exception, not the rule. They aren't wrong, of course, at least not regarding their own experiences - it's just some people see certain things differently. You don't see that kind of talk for console-only or more console-centric games because you can't do anything about it on console.

[Nintex]

scitek said:
Uh wow, so I disabled all forms of in-game AA and took these screens using only AMD's MLAA through RadeonPro. I've never tried this before, I would always keep EdgeAA enabled in addition to the MLAA.
Woah that looks great, .cfg please and what sort of card are you using?

Top Bottom