• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

LowParry

I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen. And the fact that I can kick a car over to kill someone nearly sets my purchase to Day 1 :D

jett

D-Member
NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

What a dumb decision to give the suit a voice. Yes I know it was like that in C1, it was dumb there too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sleepykyo said:
Probably a glitch, though as whole the frame rate doesn't look that great.
I think it's a combination of shadows being a bit wonky and the fact that he was going through a checkpoint at the same time. Checkpoints have seemed to cause a bit of a framerate hiccup in all of the videos I've seen. Other than that I thought the framerate looked pretty smooth overall, certainly better than the multiplayer, although that might just be the motion blur doing its job.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
jett said:
NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

What a dumb decision to give the suit a voice. Yes I know it was like that in C1, it was dumb there too.
I hope they let us turn it off like in the original, but somehow I doubt it.

CcrooK said:
I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen. And the fact that I can kick a car over to kill someone nearly sets my purchase to Day 1 :D
After all this new footage, I hope people can chill now. Crytek has seemed to prove themselves as far as consoles are concerned.

Animator

jett said:
NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

NANOVISION ENABLED

I am happy it is not MAXIMUM NANOVISION ENABLED like I feared it would be.

CozMick

Banned
Ken Masters said:
I wonder what the number is of people who actually play this game on PC with maxed out settings running perfectly

Zero!

A PC gamer is never happy with his/her performance, it's never perfect!! ever!

LowParry

thehillissilent said:
After all this new footage, I hope people can chill now. Crytek has seemed to prove themselves as far as consoles are concerned.

Hey, this is the first I've seen of any Crysis footage. I like what I see. And I like what I heard about the MP in those vids in the OP. Looks fun.

~Kinggi~

Banned
thehillissilent said:
Game has gotten such a negative reaction its nice to see some positive stuff for a change.

Makoto

GANGSTERKILLER said:
This is just UNBELIEVABLE, i can't believe what i'm seeing! The most impressive console game of this generation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYlLmFALmA

I thought you were ridiculing some gaming website's quote and then I went into video saying, "Well, what's wrong, it does look good." Then I put the pieces together. I'm so accustomed to the Crysis 2 hate that I just interpret every post as a negative one.

Kydd BlaZe

Khronikos said:
Wall of text

Junior is trying too hard. I can't help but facepalm at every one of your posts.

At any rate, this game looks fantastic. The multiplayer demos on both PS3 and 360 looked and performed like utter shit, however these recent videos have completely changed my perspective. I understand that the multiplayer portion of the game was handled by Crytek UK (of Haze fame, lol), so that could be the issue there. The singleplayer really looks like an entirely different game and if these videos are anything to go by, this definitely is one of the best looking console games around.

Game just went from a potential day 1 rental, to a day 1 purchase. Can't wait until next Tuesday.

LowParry

I loaded up the PC Demo though I'm not finding any rooms or anything. Are servers just shut down or am I missing something?

CozMick

Banned
Starting to get a bit pissed off with people uploading videos claiming it's 360 footage and then finding out it's PC with 360 controller. :mad:

GANGSTERKILLER said:
No, this is the PC version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hxr5P4seo

This is 360 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYlLmFALmA

Mind blowing, isn't it?

That second one is the PC version. Its got Keyboard button prompts all over it.

That being said, from what has been seen, I think its safe to say Crysis 2 is one of the worst marketed games ever. They focused too much on the consoles to the point where people were worried that it was going to be shitty on PC, and console people were wondering what the fuss was all about because it looked like a standard corridor shooter that didn't look better than the standard corridor shooters that they were used to. They held back on showing footage from open areas in the game that we're seeing in these videos now.

The M.O.B

I didn't even notice the Keyboard prompts, I knew it was the PC version from seeing how smooth the guy's movements were when he was looking around.

I'll get this game after I finish all the games I am currently slugging through, which could be awhile.

CozMick

Banned
The M.O.B said:
I didn't even notice the Keyboard prompts, I knew it was the PC version from seeing how smooth the guy's movements were when he was looking around.

Easily distinguishable by the Checkpoint stutter.

Xbox 360 and PS3 have a very visible 1-2 second stutter, PC, well half a second?

NotTarts said:
The German voice actors are so much better :(
it isn't really surprising. it's easier to have an ear to how things sound in your native language. good for Crytek to go out and get a good german voice cast. i wonder if i'll be able to play my US pc version in german?

LowParry

If I get this, I'll probably end up getting the 360 version. I just like my shooters there. PC is all about MMOs and RTSs games :D

Khronikos

Banned
Kydd BlaZe said:
Junior is trying too hard. I can't help but facepalm at every one of your posts.

I can't help but snicker at your internetz banter that makes you out to be some kind of special. Facepalm. Mmk there Mr. Bieber. This stuff is beyond hilarious and it continues with these personal diatribes. This one from Kydd BlaZe lol. Keep on I guess....

How about we rearrange your sentence to make you look somewhat sophisticated. 'I can't help but be annoyed by the fact that whatever he says seems to be negative about the game.' That's all you really need there Chiefton. Nobody gives a fuck that you don't like my posts. A wall of text is considered a fucking paragraph for those of us who know how to read.

Trying too hard. Really? Where do you people get all this bullshit lingo. Grow up. Some of us are educated and going into our thirties and we don't give a fuck about junior or senior or what have you except that there are rules with new members not melting down or being warned or whatever. And who says I haven't got 3 accounts on GAF? As if you'd have any fucking clue.

jackdoe

I also just checked out the 360 version's opening on youtube. Same crappy facial animations. That kind of sucks.

But the fights in NYC do have me excited now (though I'll wait for the price to go down before I jump on it).

Khronikos said:
Kydd BlaZe said:

I can't help but snicker at your internetz banter that makes you out to be some kind of special. Facepalm. Mmk there Mr. Bieber. This stuff is beyond hilarious and it continues with these personal diatribes. This one from Kydd BlaZe lol. Keep on I guess....

How about we rearrange your sentence to make you look somewhat sophisticated. 'I can't help but be annoyed by the fact that whatever he says seems to be negative about the game.' That's all you really need their Chiefton. Nobody gives a fuck that you don't like my posts.

Trying too hard. Really? Where do you people get all this bullshit lingo. Grow up. Some of us are educated and going into our thirties and we don't give a fuck about junior or senior or what have you except that there are rules with new members not melting down or being warned or whatever. And who says I haven't got 3 accounts on GAF? As if you'd have any fucking clue.
Dude seriously, stop. You'd be better off to just drop it. Whether its fair or not juniors here areon a shorter leash. Just let it go and ignore the posts.

dwebo

Probably already been said a hundred times today, but this is easily one of the best looking console games, on either platform. The lighting is simply insane.

Highlighting every usable environmental object when you hover over it, and the nanosuit voice for every objective and suit usage are both terrible, though. And since they're in every video I've seen, I'm guessing there's no way to turn off either. Otherwise, looks pretty awesome!

infinityBCRT said:
That second one is the PC version. Its got Keyboard button prompts all over it.

Indeed, it's the PC. That titel saying it is 360 footage... :( Unfortunately i have no gaming PC. Do you think the console version will come close to what i've just seen?

Mrbob said:
Oh my god. Looks phenomenal. It is the PC version being shown though.
The day of reckoning is approaching, my friend.

Three more days to go because today's already over. It's also the start of the weekend so Saturday and Sunday don't really count, so basically it's just one day (Monday) till Crysis 2 arrives on our doorsteps. Like 20 minutes when you think about it.

plagiarize said:
it's sure looking that way.

Never lost faith!

Top Bottom