• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

S1kkZ

Bboy AJ said:
I do. And after fooling around in the 360 MP demo, it seems like it'll be a lot of fun.
yep, i had a lot of fun with the mp beta. felt like a good mix between reach and cod.

Chaplain

abracadaver said:
why doesnt your shadow dissapear when go invisible ?

shadowoyyk.jpg

Because they forgot to bug this issue and have it fixed.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
S1kkZ said:
yep, i had a lot of fun with the mp beta. felt like a good mix between reach and cod.
Perfect way to describe the MP. It has those COD shooter mechanics but a very Reach kind of spin to it. I'm very much looking forward to the MP over SP.

Mithos

Gold Member
abracadaver said:
why doesnt your shadow dissapear when going invisible ?

Well if there was a cloaking device like in crysis for real WOULD the shadow dissapear or not, I mean your not really getting invisible just harder to spot because how the suit reflects and blah blah the environment blah blah..

Maybe the shadow would still exist or maybe it will be less obvious, or maybe it really would go away 100%, who knows.

MMaRsu

abracadaver said:
ok then why does the enemy not react when Im blocking the sun from him ?

shadowiz4k.jpg

I think it'd be pretty hard to code the enemies reacting to your shadow.

Not every game is perfect dude.

Gamesradar hands-on. Tuesday the review.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/crysis-2/news/crysis-2s-3d-tech-is-unbelievable/a-20110318172040751056/g-20090601103043632061

the game looks unbelievable – whether in 2D, 3D, or any platform of your choice.
Crysis 2 is not only possibly the most amazing-looking console game ever, but it even does so without creating a reality-sucking singularity inside your PS3 or 360.
The shocking thing is that the game seems to suffer next to zero image or framerate degradation. If it’s there, we couldn’t detect it. So you can see why we’re in disbelief: Crysis 2, running on a 360, with a smooth framerate, in 3D, with the same (as far as we could see) graphical fidelity as 2D. It’s astonishing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the PS3 version is on par with the other?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
S1kkZ said:
Looks fantastic. A lot of the recent footage is really showing just how open the environments really are. It's definitely not a scripted rail shooter ala Call of Duty.

It seems to be nearly as open as the first game. I mean, Crysis 1 had plenty of borders as well. There were always hills that were just too steep to climb. The jungle simply allowed the borders to appear less obvious.

Opening up a level TOO much kills the focus. This is just right.

Enosh

Game Analyst said:
Because they forgot to bug this issue and have it fixed.
this was in MP issue with the modules (I hope they fixed that one, can anyone confirm?)

there is no SP module that hides your shadow

Fersis said:

If you do those video tweaks that were listed a little earlier then yes it does seem to be on par. If you don't then the ps3 version looks really smeared and not nearly as good.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ickman3400 said:
If you do those video tweaks that were listed a little earlier then yes it does seem to be on par. If you don't then the ps3 version looks really smeared and not nearly as good.
I dont think that a youtube video is a good representation of the game.
No one got it yet?

Fersis said:

Hard to tell, but I'd say the they're both about equal with their own positives and negatives. Judging from the screencap of the youtube video a few posts back, the PS3 version has better AF (the road looked clearer) but the Xbox 360 version runs at a slightly higher resolution. That's really the only difference I could tell. Framerate is still up in the air.

TUROK said:
Lol, the shift in tone in this thread is hilarious. Goes to show that it's best to reserve judgement until the retail copies are released/leaked.

Poor Crytek, everyone was jumping all over them for "false promises" and "lazy PS3 development", and yet here we are with a gorgeous game on all three platforms.

TUROK said:
This isn't about placing blame, it's about not jumping to conclusions and looking like an idiot.

If the multiplayer demo sucked, then that means the multiplayer in the game most likely blows. It does not mean that Crytek is a lazy developer, and that they're full of shit, like a lot of people in the thread claimed.

Yeah, I've said that from the beginning of the thread. It was just the multi-player demo. At least wait till we see quality campaign footage before making these conclusions. And guess what? We finally did see it and the game looks stunning. Shock! Awe!

By the way, I think the MP demo's gameplay was solid. It's like a mix of COD and Halo.

GANGSTERKILLER said:
Gamesradar hands-on. Tuesday the review.

The shocking thing is that the game seems to suffer next to zero image or framerate degradation. If it’s there, we couldn’t detect it. So you can see why we’re in disbelief: Crysis 2, running on a 360, with a smooth framerate, in 3D, with the same (as far as we could see) graphical fidelity as 2D. It’s astonishing.

TAA + Sub HD always means a degraded IQ. And the game does have framerate problems on consoles. Sounds like EA marketing damage control to be honest.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
schennmu said:
TAA + Sub HD always means a degraded IQ. And the game does have framerate problems on consoles. Sounds like EA marketing damage control to be honest.
He means in comparison to 2D mode, not in comparison to a top of the line PC... Or does 3D mode add what you said?

sleepykyo

schennmu said:

You're misreading the quote. The entirety of the article is based on the 360 version.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any news on how they are doing the 3D? Are they still doing the cheaty cutouts set to different depths, only with more granularity? I'm interested to see how that works, and if its a suitable alternative to fully rendering two views, whether more devs take it up. Does it work on PC too, or is it limited to console only?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
burgerdog said:
Enjoying black crush. What's next? I love jaggies!
Some people DO. the number of people who have SHARPNESS at like 500% is AMAZING.

You can see the temp AA in that shot. What a horrible mistake.

S1kkZ

Y2Kev said:
Some people DO. the number of people who have SHARPNESS at like 500% is AMAZING.
oh yes. almost all of my friends had the brightness on 100% and sharpness on the maximum level. when i calibrate their tv they are amazed at how much better it looks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
LEGGZZZZ said:
Here's another article raving about Crysis 3d, claiming it to be basically the best on the market, better than killzone 3.

Here:http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/c...a-20110318172040751056/g-20090601103043632061

Cryteck is seriously pulling off some technical marvels here. They have what may be the best looking game on console, running in 3d with no drop in detail/resolution. I'm impressed.

actually that article seems confused. The game doesn't 'not' require active glasses, thats purely down to the TV you happen to be using - presumably they were using a passive display.

and how does it do 3D on 360? Doesn't it have to use side by side or top/bottom - I didn't think 360 supported the proper frame packed 3D modes that the PS3 can. In that case by definition it should be half res either horizontally or vertically?

Alextended said:
What's your system, how does the game run, and how does it run in comparison to Crysis 1 and/or Warhead?

Posted earlier.

GTX285 OC2, Core i7 920 @2.8Ghz, 3GB RAM, W7.

It runs between 30-60 on Hardcore. It runs better because I don't get any dips to the 20s like I had sometimes in Crysis 1. It runs at 60fps on Advanced, and the only difference between the 2 settings is shadow resolution and pop in (less polygons it means). I also have virtually no aliasing, due to temp AA. It looks sharp to me but that changes from person to person it seems.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-bakalhau- said:
Posted earlier.

GTX285 OC2, Core i7 920 @2.8Ghz, 3GB RAM, W7.

It runs between 30-60 on Hardcore. It runs better because I don't get any dips to the 20s like I had sometimes in Crysis 1. It runs at 60fps on Advanced, and the only difference between the 2 settings is shadow resolution and pop in (less polygons it means). I also have virtually no aliasing, due to temp AA. It looks sharp to me but that changes from person to person it seems.

I'd love some more screens if you don't mind, I rather enjoyed the ones you posted. Atleast you're doing a better job than crytek :( ( or EA or whoever is in charge of PR )

Shurs

I just bought a Macbook Pro with a 2.53ghz i5 processor, 4 GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GT video card with 512mb VRAM.

Would it be possible to play Crysis 2 (or the original) with this computer?

Alextended said:
He means in comparison to 2D mode, not in comparison to a top of the line PC... Or does 3D mode add what you said?

Makes sense, but the original quote is out of context then.

sleepykyo said:
You're misreading the quote. The entirety of the article is based on the 360 version.

So?

Enco

Shurs said:
I just bought a Macbook Pro with a 2.53ghz i5 processor, 4 GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GT video card with 512mb VRAM.

vg63yb.jpg

I don't know, sorry. Just wanted to quote your avatar. I'm guessing it'll run. Not sure how well though.

^Damn it!

Shurs said:

Just try the demo out on it.

I'm a bit sad about the design choices they've made when making Crysis.

Crysis 2 had the possibility to be the one shooter that could be totally different from the other shooters we see now. (COD, BFBC2)

But it chooses to be the same game. Collecting points so you get upgrades.

Why didn't they use the cryosuit so you can do awesome stuff. (I'm thinking about Quake and Unreal Tournament here).

I've only played the MP demo. But for me it's just another "get points to unlock stuff" game. It's not about killing people, it's about getting points.

I hope the SP is any good. But I kinda doubt it.

DaBuddaDa

Minimum Rage said:
Why didn't they use the cryosuit so you can do awesome stuff. (I'm thinking about Quake and Unreal Tournament here).
You collect points AND use the suit to do awesome stuff! The suit isn't disabled in the multiplayer.

Minimum Rage said:
I hope the SP is any good. But I kinda doubt it.
You should check out some of the single-player videos that have been posted in this thread. It looks really good. I'm not a fan of the mindless multiplayer, either.

DaBuddaDa said:
You collect points AND use the suit to do awesome stuff! The suit isn't disabled in the multiplayer.
he's played the MP demo. i guess he just doesn't like the modern persistant levels and unlocking in FPS.

i understand, i'm not a fan of that stuff either.

plagiarize said:
he's played the MP demo. i guess he just doesn't like the modern persistant levels and unlocking in FPS.

I wouldn't mind it if the gameplay wasn't so linear. I like stuff like Halo and Battlefield. I wish Crysis 2's multiplayer was like those games. Oh well. I'm not getting the game for MP, anyway.

DaBuddaDa said:

I know you can use the suit. I just wish you could do more with the suit.

I loved Crysis1 single player. But I'm sad the multiplayer is slow paced. It has to be fast paced!

plagiarize said:

Getting points for certain actions transforms the game into this: "What should I do to get the most points as fast as possible" while it should be "What should I do to win?"

I've played Bad Company 2 for 20 hours (not THAT much) but people there do illogical stuff to get points. If they wouldnt get points, they would act much more different.

Top Bottom