• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

LEGGZZZZ

Patrick Bateman said:
Why the hell doesn't the MP-demo work anymore? It just tellls me to go online, but I am. Using PS3.

They ended the demo on PS3 due to resolving the issues it had for launch day.

Shurs

G_Berry said:
Only because that particular "fan base" is so vocal. There is no evidence to suggest that if those games were on 360 (chances), they wouldn't look as good or better. 95% of the multi plats say they would, but alas.

Leaving out theoretical ports to 360 of Sony exclusives, what are the five best looking console games, in your opinion?

LEGGZZZZ

G_Berry said:
Only because that particular "fan base" is so vocal. There is no evidence to suggest that if those games were on 360 (chances), they wouldn't look as good or better. 95% of the multi plats say they would, but alas.

I'm not debating that, Crysis 2 on 360 looks better than those titles imo. I'm just saying the tech/engine is here now so other developers can release games on the same level or better, regardless the platform of development.

Edit: Like Shurs said, I'm interested in seeing your list of best looking games.

G_Berry said:

The insecurity from both sides in the thread is hilarious!

LEGGZZZZ

schennmu said:

Lol I don't get it either. All I'm saying is that Crytek has leveled out the playing field as far as graphics are concerned.

markao

Truespeed said:
Sure, but it just goes to show you that they never even bothered using the extra space to enhance the sound options or use higher bit rates on the CG.
What do you mean by that?

How does that work with cut scenes that are all rendered in engine in real time. I can see how that would work with pre rendered/video footage, or maybe better detailed assets (more space), but rendered in RT.

chris0701

schennmu said:

PS3 side once lost all hope when low res news has been declared, but when the latest build demo revelad the hope of fire suddenly rise up.

schennmu said:

Precisely. And while it was somewhat understandable in 2007, these days there are so many fantastic looking games on all platforms, Wii included, that it doesn't really make sense.

No_Style

AgentOtaku said:
You get owned and that's fine. I just think the encounters become pretty tedious after awhile.
Especially when on Delta, the AI gets cheap and can alot of times, see exactly where you are even though they shouldn't. Not to mention they gain uber accuracy...

I've always played Crysis on Delta and know of no other difficulty method. I didn't even know the Koreans would speak in English and telegraph their position/tactics until I saw a post on GAF.

With that in mind, I thought Crysis A.I was a joke. They tried to make it smarter by "catching glimpses" of me when they shouldn't, but I ended up luring them into bunches and taking them out with minimal fuss. And if it was the aliens? Grab and toss = instant death.

I also agree with the heavily reliance on cloaking when in this mode, but once I realized that I could simply hop onto rooftops where the A.I couldn't reach me, it was again very easy. For whatever reason, they could not climb ladders.

I thought Crysis was okay; enjoyed the first third of it. Warhead was more linear, but I enjoyed it a lot more since it offered more creative opportunities for suit powers (ie: the moving train).

chris0701 said:
PS3 side once lost all hope when low res news has been declared, but when the latest build demo revelad the hope of fire suddenly rise up.

ok...

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Precisely. And while it was somewhat understandable in 2007, these days there are so many fantastic looking games on all platforms, Wii included, that it doesn't really make sense.

I hope there will be a comparison thread when the game releases.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm kind of tired of the obviously charged posts in here. Can you please discuss Crysis 2 and only Crysis 2, and can some of you do it without crying or maniacally laughing? Bannings will continue until morale improves.

Shurs

schennmu said:
I hope there will be a comparison thread when the game releases.

Me too.

I'm picking it up on 360, so I don't need help making a purchasing decision, but those threads are just plain entertaining.

G_Berry

Banned
Sides, what sides? I'm a PC, 360 and PS3 gamer and to say that one console "dominates" in graphics over the other is ridiculous. Killzone looks great, as does Uncharted but they would also look great on 360.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't really judge what I'm seeing in Youtube videos. I need to see it at the right size and without Youtube's compression.

G_Berry said:
Sides, what sides? I'm a PC, 360 and PS3 gamer and to say that one console "dominates" in graphics over the other is ridiculous. Killzone looks great, as does Uncharted but they would also look great on 360.
But you said that multiplats games are evidence. That's not a great benchmark.

Patrick Bateman said:
Damnit, blocking the reviews is so retarded. I'd like to order it to get it on the first day, from what I've seen thus far, but I'm still a little unsure.
I'd go for it. I doubt this is going to be another Homefront type deal. It's Crytek...

And if you pre-order from Amazon you get a $10 credit.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Patrick Bateman said:
Damnit, blocking the reviews is so retarded. I'd like to order it to get it on the first day, from what I've seen thus far, but I'm still a little unsure.
Whoever started/allowed this practice is a dbag.

I got burned with HF but I have more faith in Crytek.

The aliens seem like really shitty enemies this time around, just stand around and let you pump bullets into them till they die. Heck all the videos so far are not impressing me with how any of the enemies act.

eshwaaz

Y2Kev said:
I'm kind of tired of the obviously charged posts in here. Can you please discuss Crysis 2 and only Crysis 2, and can some of you do it without crying or maniacally laughing? Bannings will continue until morale improves.
Thank goodness.

No more YouTube for me; I'm sold. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

BattleMonkey said:
The aliens seem like really shitty enemies this time around, just stand around and let you pump bullets into them till they die. Heck all the videos so far are not impressing me with how any of the enemies act.
Quite the opposite from what I've seen in the videos. They move so fast that the game sometimes use full time aim lock while ADS, just so you can track them easily.

iNvid02

Patrick Bateman said:
Btw. do I need to know what happened in Crysis 1 to play 2? I never played 1.

yeah i'd read up or complete it beforehand, #2 takes place 3yrs after the original and some old characters return. the main player is new though as is the location but the enemy is from #1

Patrick Bateman said:

It's a shooter...

I couldn't make myself beat Crysis and I know what's going on. The aliens are attacking NYC now, and only YOU can stop them!

Oh yeah, and you kill some koreans before you get back to the city

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Patrick Bateman said:

some weird shit happens so you fight a bunch of Koreans in a jungle then kill some aliens /end

Truant

Can't find a single game on the PC demo. Connected straight to my modem, as well.

This fucking sucks.

Any way to just load a map and mess around to see the graphics and do benchmarks?

Are we allowed to guess review scores here? Or does not mesh with the *snicker* high quality of posts typical of this website.

LOL, I couldn't type that without laughing. This site truly is Gamefaqs with apartheid.

Anyway, what do you guys think the reviews are gonna pan out for this game? I'm expecting the 360 version to get the highest metacritic, easily, but I think thats probably going to come from 360-centric review sites and magazines that don't have anything else to play. I expect to see the same thing for Crysis 2 on 360 as we saw for Folklore on PS3 back in 2008, iirc.

PS3 version I doubt will break 80 on metacritic, same with PC, but I'm betting PC version is going to have the lowest average of all.

Just my ignorant opinions.

Shurs

Meijimasha said:
Are we allowed to guess review scores here? Or does not mesh with the *snicker* high quality of posts typical of this website.

LOL, I couldn't type that without laughing. This site truly is Gamefaqs with apartheid.

You're not forced to post here.

Meijimasha said:
Just my ignorant opinions.

Indeed.

scitek

Sethos said:
I remember reading about game-modes with no suit, so you could avoid all that armour & stealth BS. Is that true or is it my imagination? Played like a vanilla FPS, this game look like it could have potential.

maximumthrowgzud.gif

Top Bottom