• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

sleepykyo

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Due to the nature of the engine, I don't believe there was a lead platform, all three versions have been developed side by side. However, back before CryEngine 3 was even announced, they've been talking about how they were putting special effort into PS3 research.

At one point they also said that PS3 code was performing slightly better at that moment.

There was another statement where the PS3 would be the low end benchmark. It was the Daniel Phillips interview.

benzy

Diablohead said:
So can you headshot or stealth kill those aliens or are they just coated in shoot anywhere shields?

You can stealth kill from behind. Not sure about the headshots but it looks like aliens have a weak spot on their back where they are exposed.

zychi

Banned
I've been playing this on the ps3 and it looks great, but i feel like i'm playing it wrong. i'm playing it like a gears of war where i hide behind cover, shoot, wait, shoot, wait. i'm very early in the game and am playing on the second lowest difficulty. never played cryis 1. am i playing this game wrong? i feel like i should be rambo with this suit, but three bullets and i'm basically dead.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
zychi said:
I've been playing this on the ps3 and it looks great, but i feel like i'm playing it wrong. i'm playing it like a gears of war where i hide behind cover, shoot, wait, shoot, wait. i'm very early in the game and am playing on the second lowest difficulty. never played cryis 1. am i playing this game wrong? i feel like i should be rambo with this suit, but three bullets and i'm basically dead.
Crysis 1 is basically good if you're creative and kinda boring if you want a cover shooter. I don't know what 2 is like, but there are tons of ways to use the suit in 1 to really give yourself a very large advantage.

You're not going to be rambo unless you really plan on how and where you will recharge, etc.

JB1981

zychi said:

Are you using the suit powers?

benzy

bishoptl said:
That's just pure eye sex.

te77hy.gif

Boonoo

zychi said:

Not sure about 2, but in 1 it was best if you played on the highest difficulty (playing on Delta really improved the encounters) off the get go and really worked and flipping between your powers on the fly. You had to get comfortable with using speed and strength to maneuver and then flipping back to armor when you're taking fire. Also, again not sure about in 2, but in 1 using a silencer really reduced the damage you do, as does distance.

BeeDog

Has there been any indication on how limited the Limited Edition actually will be? I don't want to preorder the game since I want to try finding it as cheap as possible, but I hope there will be enough copies in stores to last a while à la NFS: Hot Pursuit.

zychi said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHv7Laj3JiM

Just watch this, maybe more videos of him. He is a great player. Although I don´t know if the same things are possible in Crysis 2.

It is the highest difficulty.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Heavy said:
How does he change modes so quickly and efficiently? I think that's the key.
I have suit change bound to mouse 4. You can also use shortcuts like back,back / run,run / jump,jump.

Boonoo

Heavy said:
How does he change modes so quickly and efficiently? I think that's the key.
Looks like he's using the default. Mouse 3+flicking towards the desired mode.

Edit: does the wheel still pop up if you had individual abilities bound to a single button?
Edit2: in 1 can you even bind them to individual buttons? I can't find that option.
Edit3: After popping back into Crysis, it's more than possible to flip around as fast as he did with the default settings. No need for shortcuts.

zychi said:
Without using the suit powers, you are just an ordinary guy taking on an army. The first game defaulted to maximum armor mode, and it was helpful. You generally don't want to get shot without using it. It also helps to use cloak to either set up your initial attack on a group, or to run from cover to cover to confuse enemies/recover health.

Always use your binoculars when entering a new area to tag your enemies on your radar, so when shit goes down you don't lose track of anyone.

Feindflug

Shurs said:
I guess, like everything, it loses a bit of the wow factor when it isn't so small.

Game looks great, though. Much better in single player than in the multiplayer demo.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

The SP in the 360 version is better than the latest MP demo in almost every aspect - IQ, lighting, texture quality/filtering, motion blur, water quality are all improved.

There was times when I was looking at the game and wondered how the hell did they managed to make this game run at this quality at a system with 512mb ram...really impressive job by Crytek especially if you consider that it's their first console/multiplatform project.

Hopefully we will see Project Kingdoms at E3, I can't wait to see what they can do with a game based on CryEngine 3 that is developed specifically on one platform.

LEGGZZZZ

Feindflug said:
The SP in the 360 version is better than the latest MP demo in almost every aspect - IQ, lighting, texture quality/filtering, motion blur, water quality are all improved.

There was times when I was looking at the game and wondered how the hell did they managed to make this game run at this quality at a system with 512mb ram...really impressive job by Crytek especially if you consider that it's their first console/multiplatform project.

Hopefully we will see Project Kingdoms at E3, I can't wait to see what they can do with a game based on CryEngine 3 that is developed specifically on one platform.

Yeah I think it's going to seriously blow minds when they reveal, concept art for it looks fantastic.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Feindflug said:

Is Project Kingdoms confirmed to be using Cryengine 3? If so we may have a new graphical benchmark for 360 owners.

Feindflug

LEGGZZZZ said:
Yeah I think it's going to seriously blow minds when they reveal, concept art for it looks fantastic.

If Kingdoms is an action/adventure game (which is my bet :p) with more limited scale/environments & fixed camera a la God Of War 3 it can seriously be THE visual showcase for the 360.

Mr_Brit said:
I thought 360 ran at 30FPS locked? Has that changed in the final version?

A claim made so many times by console devs, and proven wrong over and over again. By "locked", all they did was create a 30fps ceiling

Mr_Brit

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
A claim made so many times by console devs, and proven wrong over and over again. By "locked", all they did was create a 30fps ceiling
Guess we'll need to wait for the DF analysis. Hopefully it's out before the game releases.

Feindflug

Mr_Brit said:
I thought 360 ran at 30FPS locked? Has that changed in the final version?

From what I've seen the game drops frames (no tearing at all) when hell breaks loose but when you will play the game you can see why, on the other hand the excellent motion blur masks the frame drops pretty well.

Overall the game is perfectly playable from what I've seen though it's definitely not 30fps locked all the time.

It's been a while since I was really excited about a new game, but those GIFs have won me over.

It might be a dudebro shooter, but at least this looks like the first one with potential in a year or so.

jackdoe

Feindflug said:
From what I've seen the game drops frames (no tearing at all) when hell breaks loose but when you will play the game you can see why, on the other hand the excellent motion blur masks the frame drops pretty well.
What's more important is if there is input lag during those framerate drops. Something that videos won't be able to show you.

PS3 version does look blurry...with that clarity there is simply no way you can say it is the best looking game on the system...the 360 version being sub hd (despite still looking great) is very disappointing as well. Still hard to believe Crytek of all devs couldnt pull whats been shown in HD on consoles...initial tech demos were 720p damnit...

Klocker

nelsonroyale said:
PS3 version does look blurry...with that clarity there is simply no way you can say it is the best looking game on the system...the 360 version being sub hd (despite still looking great) is very disappointing as well. Still hard to believe Crytek of all devs couldnt pull whats been shown in HD on consoles...initial tech demos were 720p damnit...

considering the astounding lighting solution and other details which have this looking like a game that just 2 YEARS ago was thought impossible to run on either of these consoles to now look like this??

I'll take a slight upscale to 720p.

Well done Crytek

I'm not a PC gamer so I am thrilled with the results

Top Bottom