• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

jintek

Banned
I played on Hardest difficulty over the past few nights, about 3-5 hours at a time or so. So I'd say between 10-15hours. For me at least, I died A LOT so it'd probably be shorter for lower difficulties.

Gvaz

Banned
Jadedx said:
Just cause you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true.
Those pictures earlier in the thread clearly show some better AF and better lighting than the 360 though, it's pretty obvious around midrange distance.

Also the 360 comparison is lacking shadows on certain objects whereas the ps3 has more shadowing.

edit: I'm basing my judgements on the previous page, I don't know what those images were taken from or from how, they're both kinda muddy to me.

Lingitiz

jintek said:
I played on Hardest difficulty over the past few nights, about 3-5 hours at a time or so. So I'd say between 10-15hours. For me at least, I died A LOT so it'd probably be shorter for lower difficulties.
Why'd you start on the hardest? Apparently alot of previews are saying the game is harder on default than most modern shooters.

shinnn

S1kkZ said:
new 360 video (might contain spoilers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPKDaFQzE3c
its not the best destruction ever, like the poster claims, but it looks nice.

Jawdrop.gif

adelante

LEGGZZZZ said:
I know everyone beens slamming the graphics in the multiplayer demos, but at least in these maps everything looks just as impressive as the campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXVyPgoIgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jZtDp_9j8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHX2zgBSsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxx6rUEKmA

All of which are on xbox 360. I thought it was running on pc until someone on his friends list signed into xbox live. Game looks amazing on all fronts imo.
Is it just me or is that guy's capture setup actually pretty good? I'm referring to the first three videos and there doesn't seem to be any hint of black clipping, especially when he takes in lots of damage (in most other gameplay videos the screen would turn so damn dark).

jackdoe

That's because it isn't.
I thought as much.

Also, for those that completed Crysis 2, do they ever resolve what happens to the characters from Crysis 1 (everyone besides Prophet)? A simple yes or no would suffice. If they do, my excitement for the game goes all the much higher (currently playing Crysis Warhead and it is a blast).

shinnn

So the X360 demo build was really old. They have added the "starting session" screen absent in the demo, and changed the "hold Y" to right d-pad to activate the radar uplink and other stuffs. Just like the PS3 version.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
shinnn said:
So the X360 demo build was really old. They have added the "starting session" screen absent in the demo, and changed the "hold Y" to right d-pad to activate the radar uplink and other stuffs. Just like the PS3 version.
The 360 demo was almost the same code I tested on October when they did their closed beta.

Lingitiz

shinnn said:
They also seem to have added a different match ending screen where it shows your player along with the score instead of the final kill.

scently

godhandiscen said:
The 360 demo was almost the same code I tested on October when they did their closed beta.

Indeed, I wonder why people keep comparing the 360 demo to the ps3 demo when 1, the 360 demo is really old and the ps3 version is retail code, and 2, we have youtube videos of the retail copies of both versions, and 3, DF will probably do an analysis on the game.

Even with all these, people will still bring up the demo comparison.

jintek

Banned
Lingitiz said:
Why'd you start on the hardest? Apparently alot of previews are saying the game is harder on default than most modern shooters.

I always do in most shooters. And I guess it's somewhat harder than Delta, but not by much.

LEGGZZZZ said:
I know everyone beens slamming the graphics in the multiplayer demos, but at least in these maps everything looks just as impressive as the campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXVyPgoIgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jZtDp_9j8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHX2zgBSsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxx6rUEKmA

All of which are on xbox 360. I thought it was running on pc until someone on his friends list signed into xbox live. Game looks amazing on all fronts imo.
Holy shit.

I'll say it once again, Crysis 2 has been the worst marketed game ever.

Lingitiz

infinityBCRT said:
Holy shit.

I'll say it once again, Crysis 2 has been the worst marketed game ever.
Seriously. Even though EA has been putting out solid games as of late, all of their marketing teams are just an absolute joke.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Frame rate looks solid there, I hope my aging PC gets similar visual output and performance to that, maybe with less pop in and no shadow issues (some helicopter flew by and its shadow was like 2 frames per second there). The demo run fine but the maps weren't as nice as some of these. I hope the configs are unlocked asap so I can get the performance vs quality ratio I want, three vague presets aren't nearly enough customisation for me...

Sethos

Banned
I remember reading about game-modes with no suit, so you could avoid all that armour & stealth BS. Is that true or is it my imagination? Played like a vanilla FPS, this game look like it could have potential.

The one thing that this game makes me excited about is the remaining 18-36 months that are left in this generation. Developers are getting better and better at pushing the hardware. We might see some really amazing things at E3 that we never thought were possible on this gen's hardware.

Sethos

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/10gfq04.gif

Yeah, it's hard to understand that some people don't enjoy OMGOMG-PEW-PEW-STEALTH-40-SHOTS-TO-DIE Gameplay. The game itself looks good, great sounds, sweet gunplay - Just needs a mode where people die fast and there's no superhuman jumping and bullet-sponging going on.

LEGGZZZZ

Sethos said:
Yeah, it's hard to understand that some people don't enjoy OMGOMG-PEW-PEW-STEALTH-40-SHOTS-TO-DIE Gameplay. The game itself looks good, great sounds, sweet gunplay - Just needs a mode where people die fast and there's no superhuman jumping and bullet-sponging going on.

Hmmm sounds way too much like COD, ill pass on that. In other news, man I think this just may be the best looking game on console.

Sethos said:
Then why call it Crysis? A mode to play Crysis without the Crysis. Strange :lol

Sethos

Banned
From The Dust said:
Then why call it Crysis? A mode to play Crysis without the Crysis. Strange :lol

Yes, because we can't possibly enjoy the rest of Crytek's work without the nano suit ... Christ the idiocy around here.

Veelk

Banned
Sethos said:
Yes, because we can't possibly enjoy the rest of Crytek's work without the nano suit ... Christ the idiocy around here.
Are you talking about the pretty graphics? I don't play much of CoD, and I only ever played the SP of the first crysis game, but if you don't have the nano suit and all it's functions, then what separates it from CoD?

Sethos

Banned
Generic said:
then what separates it from CoD?

The fact that it's a complete different game, different engine, different features, different weapons, maps and possibilities o_O Christ almighty Gaf.

However, I did find out it IS possible to play with suits disabled in multiplayer - So DramaGaf can settle down now :D

RedStep

Sethos said:
You're right, it is idiotic to suggest that a game should have a mode that strips it of its identity.

Maybe you'd dig it as a bonus, but no, it should not be included. That's about as smart as saying that Black Ops needs a superhuman mode with cloaking and super jumps.

Sethos

Banned
RedStep said:
You're right, it is idiotic to suggest that a game should have a mode that strips it of its identity.

Maybe you'd dig it as a bonus, but no, it should not be included. That's about as smart as saying that Black Ops needs a superhuman mode with cloaking and super jumps.

News flash: It is included, just found out - Hmmm, guess I wasn't the only one with that idea, huh? Awww =( How silly to have ask about a seperate game-mode that doesn't even remotely effect any of the other players, the audacity!

Thank you Crytek, you just got yourself another pre-order.

LEGGZZZZ

Sethos said:
The fact that it's a complete different game, different engine, different features, different weapons, maps and possibilities o_O Christ almighty Gaf.

I understand you to a point, but the game would basically play like COD4, which is my favorite mp this gen, with different maps. But that would just be it, COD on crysis maps. I prefer Crysis on Crysis maps.

Edit: Closest mode to that would be the Assault Mode.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Sethos said:

let's play COD without ironsights. Because we can't enjoy the rest of Treyarch/Infinity Ward/whatever studio they put on this without ironsights.... Christ, the idiocy around here.

Sethos said:
But why take away the very thing that separates it from other games? It's only an option but I still find its inclusion strange.

Sethos

Banned
LEGGZZZZ said:
I understand you to a point, but the game would basically play like COD4, which is my favorite mp this gen, with different maps. But that would just be it, COD on crysis maps. I prefer Crysis on Crysis maps.

And I prefer a well-made shooter with no nonsense. I'm sick of Call of Duty but I do enjoy the vanilla core gameplay that is the bread and butter of so many FPS games; A weapon, some health points and a pat on the back. Why can't I possible be allowed to enjoy that in a brand new game without the entire Gaf-machine going moist eyed? I love the gunplay of Crysis and the atmosphere, why should I be forced to enjoy that through sheer frustration.

abracadaver said:
damn that announcer is annoying

can you turn him off ?
I'm wondering the same thing. After hearing 'cloak engaged' for millionth time by the time you finish first level, I think it is bound to get a bit annoying.

Veelk

Banned
Sethos said:

However, I did find out it IS possible to play with suits disabled in multiplayer - So DramaGaf can settle down now :D

The maps and weapons I can get, but game, engine, and features? The suit is the main source of features, even down to the movement, like jumping high. To give a suitless version, you'd basically be a CoD soldier with the only difference being that you can (slowly) climb some stuff. And unless there is some map altering destructibility that I don't know about, how would the engine be different aside from pure visuals and framerate.

I really don't care so long as it's an option. If you want to play that way, go nuts, so long as I don't have to. But I feel the same way about this like the way I feel about swat in Halo. It's a nice distraction from the normal gameplay at times, but if you want to play CoD, just play CoD.

Veelk

Banned
Sethos said:
You're right, Call of Duty is the only game to ever have vanilla FPS settings.
Again, I ask you how Crysis differentiates from CoD if you take away the nanosuit, besides maps and some weapons.

Sethos

Banned
Generic said:
Again, I ask you how Crysis differentiates from CoD if you take away the nanosuit, besides maps and some weapons.

Oh, in every way possible besides being an, uhm, FPS? So basically, they shouldn't have made Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops because it's the same game, wonder why they sold so well ... maybe because people wanted, I don't know, more of the same but just wanted some new maps, new weapons and changed up perks? So I can't move on to a game that handles differently, has new maps, a new community, new weapons, new playlists, a decent single-player, nice graphics because I want to play without the nano-suit - An in-game item that does nothing but create variations in the multiplayer mode, doesn't change it completely.

So because I want to enjoy everything this game has to offer without being able to jump 15 ft. and soak up bullets like a battle tank and sometimes get anally molested by a guy in stealth mode with a shotgun, I should basically just stick to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME.

Why don't we all just stick to Counter-strike and when we want to jump higher? Sv_gravity 100.

No offence but holy fuck ...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Facism said:
you guys get way too insecure about how someone else wants to play a game.
Well when that someone is all condescending about how you play the game pretending it's not even worthwhile in any way (unless it does what he wants on top) and how its features you enjoy are "nonsense" he kinda sets the tone of the dscussion. Have people forgotten they can dislike things but stilll act in a friendly non condescending manner that just screams HEY I HAVE AN EGO AND I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOU, THIS IS SHIT UNLESS I LIKE IT or whatever?

Top Bottom