• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

mintylurb

Y2Kev said:
I'm kind of tired of the obviously charged posts in here. Can you please discuss Crysis 2 and only Crysis 2, and can some of you do it without crying or maniacally laughing? Bannings will continue until morale improves.
Aww yeah. Y2 is da new bish!

Truespeed

markao said:
What do you mean by that?

How does that work with cut scenes that are all rendered in engine in real time. I can see how that would work with pre rendered/video footage, or maybe better detailed assets (more space), but rendered in RT.

So you're saying the intro was all in engine?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
mintylurb said:
Aww yeah. Y2 is da new bish!
can i has spot on one of your teets

I think I will play Crysis 1 again today in honor of Tuesday coming soon. And Wednesday comes afterwards.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Wow, singleplayer on consoles looks great, lighting in particular is fantastic.

Once again confirms my theory that Crytek UK/Free Radical are great at game design and awful at any technical aspects.

I'm still pretty stunned that I'm seeing footage like that run on an xbox at a pretty smooth framerate. I'd be happy to just play that at a higher resolution.

Truespeed

qazqaNii said:
2.8GB install data on the PS3.

You sure about that?

wjuqfb.png

Clott

Any word on DX11 yet? I really would like to experience this eventually, but I don't want to pay premium price for a non premium product.

scently

Shurs said:
No added effects?

I ask because the water on the Pier 17 map from the 360 MP demo does not compare to the water in the GIF.

That GIF is from the 360 vid I posted earlier. Check the last two pages.

EDIT: click the link above.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mr_Brit said:

Once again confirms my theory that Crytek UK/Free Radical are great at game design and awful at any technical aspects.
It's not unusual for multiplayer to look notably worse than singleplayer though.

Uncharted 2 is another good example of this.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Mr_Brit said:

Multiplayer isn't trivial, resource-wise. I doubt that 16 player co-op would be able to look that good on the consoles.

benzy said:
I didn't think these consoles could look anywhere near Crysis 1. Looks fantastic.

Well, they can't really. Crysis 2 seems to have significantly less environmental destruction and much smaller levels than Crysis.

Patrick Bateman said:
Was it just a dream or did Crytek really say that the PS3 was their lead console?

Due to the nature of the engine, I don't believe there was a lead platform, all three versions have been developed side by side. However, back before CryEngine 3 was even announced, they've been talking about how they were putting special effort into PS3 research.

At one point they also said that PS3 code was performing slightly better at that moment.

purple cobra said:
One thing I've noticed missing in Crysis 2 is the animation when your character reaches for ammo. No huge dealbreaker but it looked cool in Crysis 1 and Warhead.

Might be like Warhead, where they changed it so its auto pickup unless playing in Delta.

It's just a shame that due to a freak tear in the fabric of Space-Time, the UK won't be getting it until Friday. Either that, or translating the game is taking longer than expected. Adding all those "u"s to words like colour, and replacing all those "Z"s with "S"s can really take a long time.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
It's just a shame that due to a freak tear in the fabric of Space-Time, the UK won't be getting it until Friday. Either that, or translating the game is taking longer than expected. Adding all those "u"s to words like colour, and replacing all those "Z"s with "S"s can really take a long time.

:lol

[Nintex]

What a rollercoaster ride this thread has been, from 'meh' to 'wow, one of the best looking 360 games' in days. I wonder how they managed to deal with the RAM limitations.

Also in other news, that crazy Khronikos guy or something that was saying stupid shit got banned and a mod apparently mentioned my name in his ban message so he has send me a rage e-mail.

This is the least offensive sentence in the e-mail:
Seriously, dude, if I saw you on the street I\'d trip you and then kick you in your stupid face and watch you bleed.
lol

JB1981

[Nintex] said:
What a rollercoaster ride this thread has been, from 'meh' to 'wow, one of the best looking 360 games' in days. I wonder how they managed to deal with the RAM limitations.

Also in other news, that crazy Khronikos guy or something that was saying stupid shit got banned and a mod apparently mentioned my name in his ban message so he has send me a rage e-mail.

lol

hahah that dude was crazy

Mr_Brit

Banned
[Nintex] said:

lol
lol

How did he get your email anyway?

Top Bottom