• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
What performance/card/settings are you using? I seem to recall you got rid of the 5850 but I can't remember.
460 1 gb I get 30-60 fps depending on scene. Triple-buffered makes the fps drops far less obvious.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Moofers said:
Crysis 2 is pretty amazing. I rented it purely out of a feeling of obligation so I could talk about it on my podcast this week, but now after a few hours of play I'm thinking up ways to pay for a copy of my own after I return the rental. The graphics are good, yeah, like real fucking good, but the thing that impresses me most is the amount of choice you have at your disposal. Its having the impact on me that Halo 1 had all those years ago when I realized you could do objectives in any order you wanted.

In the city, I not only found out that I could bypass entire squads of enemies using the sewers, but I could choose to fight them in lots of different ways. They had a armored vehicle with a gun mounted on top in this one area, so I thought I'd kill the gunner and take over his position. Little did I know I'd be able to actually drive the vehicle around the map as well. And then I found out that when I got on the mounted gun, I could detatch it and carry it with me on foot. How cool is that?

So if you take these scenarios and then add in the ability to use your suit's powers of stealth and super armor, suddenly you find yourself with lots of options for any given encounter and that is something that a lot of FPS games don't have. Definitely want to buy it now.

awesome impressions! i popped in to see how the game played (not just how the game looks, snore) and at least on this page this proved very helpful. it sounds really freaking incredible. i wonder, if i haven't been playing shooters for a while and generally prefer half-life/bioshock-esque things, would i have much interest in what's happening?

eso76

sTaTIx said:
The maps may be huge, and you can see far into the distance, but you're still confined to a small, predetermined battle zone at any given point in time. This is in contrast with Crysis 1, where there were huge island areas with draw distances of over 1 km, and you could actually GO anywhere that you saw

You should go actually play Crysis one day, it was and still is a great game.
You'd have fun and also realize the game is not free roaming at all but actually very similar to Crysis 2 in structure in that you get several large areas you progress through in a linear way, through well dissimulated corridors, much like Halo.

Weenerz

Banned
Some single player screens from the PC version. Running at 1680x1050 with "Extreme" selected.

rR5Nt.jpg

BK2JJ.jpg

IMIeX.jpg

Metroid-Squadron said:
LMAO, now you're trying too hard. Nothing but a bitter fanboy.

In hindsight, it was a complete waste to even address your points.

Yeah really. I mean WTF at this:

Yeah, C2 is a great looking game, but remember using real life refrences for textures will always make a game look better than it is

How the hell can something look better than it looks? Definitely a sign you've run out of arguments to try to make.

I hope some mod ends up making Killzone-related discussion in this thread a bannable offense. So far, it has only been used as the object of pathetic fanboy console warz bullshit, and the quality of this thread would be immensely improved without that going on.

How does the PS3 SP graphics compared to the MP Demo? I couldn't get past the sub-HD resolution. The lighting was great, but the image was noticeably blurry on my ASUS vh236h monitor.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
DennisK4 said:
wat

Are you saying the IQ of PC Crysis is worse than the best console games?

If so, thanks for providing the lolz of the century.

No, he's saying that the Crysis 2 on the console doesn't compare with the best console games that are already available.

iratA

Can't wait to play Crysis 2 (retail) to see how it compares to Killzone 3. I see heaps of comparisons being thrown around between the two and for good reason. It seems to me both titles have tried to set a visual benchmark on consoles. One can argue all they want about game engines and tech, but in the end its the final illusion that counts. For me Killzone 3 currently stands on top of the console pile and based off the Crysis 2 MP trial it won't be dethroned by Crysis 2, but I'll reserve my final judgement for now.

I think Killzone 3 is not only a technically marvel but also an artistic one. The marriage of tech and art in Killzone 3 is nothing short of amazing in the same way God Of War 3 was. So Crysis 2 will need to have some very strong art direction to complement its good tech to compete in creating the best 'illusion' if you will. I've already complained about the blurry HUD in Crysis 2 (PS3) but in a few hours all shall be revealed.

CozMick

Banned
People actually believe this is the best looking game on consoles?

:lol :lol :lol

You guys are absolutely fucking insanely bonkers.

burgerdog

DennisK4 said:
Whats the word on DX11?
Word is buy a DX11 card so we can see your giant res pics in all of their DX11 glory.

On topic, no idea. The game looks really good in DX9. Do wish I was playing in DX11 now, though...

Dennis

Banned
lowrider007 said:
No, he's saying that the Crysis 2 on the console doesn't compare with the best console games that are already available.

Norml said:
Wat. I posted about console.

Ah, OK that makes more sense.

I haven't played Crysis 2 on console so I can't really judge how it fares agains the likes of Killzone 3.

Zenith

Banned
Why are there so many pages devoted to the PS360 comparisons? The fact that it's lasted so long shows that it's practically impossible to distinguish any difference between the two. Therefore the only deciding factors should be stuff like online and preferred gamepad. People should mislabel their pics just to fuck with the fanboys.

eso76

Stallion Free said:
C2 on PC in motion fucking decimates anything I have seen in games in the past couple years. The feeling I had during the entire first 2 levels was lol this is the UE3.9999 GDC tech demo only better and well animated.

oh, you aint seen nothing yet.
There's one chapter which really made me think of UE3.99 Billboard reflections !

Dennis

Banned
Whats happening now is that gaffers are starting to post low-quality JPEGs with compression that doesn't do the game justice.

EagleEyes

CozMick said:
People actually believe this is the best looking game on consoles?

:lol :lol :lol

You guys are absolutely fucking insanely bonkers.
I'm pretty sure most people on this forum don't take your opinion very seriously on anything outside of the playstation exclusive family.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Glad to see the game is actually great and has gotten great reviews pretty much everywhere. Also glad i got the 360 version after reading some of the version impressions. Was waiting at my door when i got home. Will play it soon.

neoism

; crysis2

sys_game_folder=GameCrysis2
sys_dll_game=CryGameCrysis2.dll
sys_user_folder=Crysis2

r_ShaderCompilerServer=192.168.14.180;192.168.14.181

log_IncludeTime = 1
sys_languages = "english,french,spanish,german,turkish,russian,polish,italian,czech,japanese,chineseT"

log_verbosity = 0

r_displayInfo = 1

sys_PakLogInvalidFileAccess=0
sys_float_exceptions=0

g_language = English

g_skipIntro 1

con_restricted 0
sys_DeactivateConsole 0

cl_fov 80
r_DrawNearFoV 90
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 90
sys_maxfps 60
r_vsync 0

r_MotionBlur 1
r_DepthOfField 1
r_Glow 1
r_GlowAnamorphicFlares 0
r_Reflections 1

r_FSAA 0
r_PostMSAA 0
r_UseEdgeAA 1
r_SSAO 0
r_UsePOM 1

e_GIIterations 32
e_GIMaxDistance 170
e_GIGlossyReflections 1
e_GIRSMSize 512
e_GISecondaryOcclusion 1
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes 768

r_DynTexMaxSize 800
r_EnvCMResolution 256
r_EnvTexResolution 512
r_ImposterRatio 1

e_WaterWaves 1
r_HDRTexFormat 1
r_Beams 1
r_pointslightshafts 1

so guys I'm using these con-fig changes is this right. I changed the system file and added stuff. The game is definitely not a PC game. I still think it looks really good. I need DX11. :/
I'm not sure if this is working. the skipintro didn't work.

mjc

Zenith said:
Why are there so many pages devoted to the PS360 comparisons? The fact that it's lasted so long shows that it's practically impossible to distinguish any difference between the two. Therefore the only deciding factors should be stuff like online and preferred gamepad. People should mislabel their pics just to fuck with the fanboys.

Because 360 fans want to hold their version of C2 over the likes of U2 and KZ3, while PS3 fans want to defend said games from C2 taking it's graphics crown. I'd just sit back and let them them mingle a bit more. Should die down in a couple days.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I guess becuase it's an FPS people will always make the comparison with KZ3 as it's the Sony's leading game atm, but personally I think Uncharted 2 is still the console king in terms of graphics, the textures in UC2 are just INSANE for a console, obviously Crysis is a more open game and is going to suffer more becuase of this but judging the game purely on it's visual merits thus far I definitely do not think that C2 is the best looking console game out atm, Metro 2033, UC2, GoW3 all look more impressive imo, I think C2 & KZ3 both try to accomplish too much and ultimately end up suffering becuase of that.

Also I never really was a fan of KZ3 graphically, I still think KZ2 trumps it in that department.

jackdoe

mjc said:
Because 360 fans want to hold their version of C2 over the likes of U2 and KZ3, while PS3 fans want to defend said games from C2 taking it's graphics crown. I'd just sit back and let them them mingle a bit more. Should die down in a couple days.
It won't, because in a couple of days, DF will release a comparison article.

But man, I'll have to see if my self control can save me from buying the game this month. Probably not, since I still have a Best Buy $10 GC and they're giving a $10 GC for a Crysis 2 purchase.

Dennis

Banned
We probably need a Crysis 2 PC Tweak Thread to help people get the maximum out of the game and also to have the info not be buried in the |OT| thread.

Maybe someone who have the game and have tweaked the config can make the thread?

I don't have the game yet.

Dennis

Banned
Heavy said:
Any other option to get lossless screens besides fraps -> convert in Irfan?
Take .bmp screenshots with FRAPS and then convert to JPEG with maximum quality in Photoshop is what I do.

I don't use Irfan so I don't know if it can do max quality?

Blizzard

Banned
Heavy said:
Any other option to get lossless screens besides fraps -> convert in Irfan?
The mistake above was posting them on imgur. I rarely complain about JPEGs, but imgur always seems to horribly molest images with compression. :/

Nizz

jackdoe said:
It won't, because in a couple of days, DF will release a comparison article.

But man, I'll have to see if my self control can save me from buying the game this month. Probably not, since I still have a Best Buy $10 GC and they're giving a $10 GC for a Crysis 2 purchase.
But by then that should be its own thread to discuss just that. Then this thread will be purely about the game, which sounds awesome.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
neoism said:
so guys I'm using these con-fig changes is this right. I changed the system file and added stuff. The game is definitely not a PC game. I still think it looks really good. I need DX11. :/
I'm not sure if this is working. the skipintro didn't work.
The FOV is going to be too wide at 90, causing it to fisheye. I adjusted mine to 75 for the demo and it looked ok.

SeanR1221

What's the best youtube video showing off the graphics on the 360 version?

My friend doesn't believe me how good this game looks.

Also, how do you do spot assists in multiplayer?

Top Bottom