• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Anyone else on PC get instances of soldiers just disappearing? Had two so far where an enemy would be coming at me and they just go *poof* and appear somewhere they were prior

nib95

Banned
30SomethingGamer said:
Im debating on getting this on PC or 360. From what I heard the 360 version looks good enough and the PC has alot of issues. Maybe ill wait a month and get the PC version with the patch, what do u guys think? Also is the PS3 definitely the worst of the bunch?

PC without hesitation. Yes the 360 version looks really good (as does the PS3 version, in reality the differences between the two versions are negligible), but the problem with BOTH console versions is that they often run choppy and have unstable framerates, especially in the larger areas and when things get busy. PC version on the other hand, is exceptionally well optimised and will run beautifully on most modern or slightly older cards.

Patches will likely iron out kinks in the PC version, but don't expect performance to change in the console versions through patches. Imo anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I AM A ROBOT SUIT

I AM TALKING TO YOU

GRAWAWAWAW
It's kind of funny that there are apparently over 3700 console vars/commands you can use, but none related to the suit voice, which is apparently controlled by the sound effect volume and cannot be disabled. Maybe you can manually move the sound files or however it's set up, but then presumably you couldn't play multiplayer.

Sorry if this sounds ignorant or was already asked but...why do I only have only 4 servers with people playing on it in the PC version?
--never mind. I had it filtered to just north america.

Let me ask this: Is PC performance in line with how the demo was?

I'm sure those small MP maps didn't tax the system as much as the campaign will, but does it seem relatively in line with the demo?

I've got a Phenom II x6 1075T (3.0ghz), a Radeon HD 6970, and 8gb ram. I'm hoping to get smooth framerates on Extreme like I did in the demo.

nib95 said:
PC without hesitation. Yes the 360 version looks really good (as does the PS3 version, in reality the differences between the two versions are negligible), but the problem with BOTH console versions is that they run choppy and have unstable framerates, especially in the larger areas and when things get busy. PC version on the other hand, is exceptionally well optimised and will run beautifully on most modern or slightly older cards.

yeah im thinking of getting it on steam.

what do you think I can play settings and resolution

E8400 Overclocked to 4.0 ghz
4 gigs of PC6400 ram
260Gtx 216 core overclocked 660/1100

thanks if you have the info

nib95

Banned
LaserBuddha said:
Let me ask this: Is PC performance in line with how the demo was?

I'm sure those small MP maps didn't tax the system as much as the campaign will, but does it seem relatively in line with the demo?

I've got a Phenom II x6 1075T (3.0ghz), a Radeon HD 6970, and 8gb ram. I'm hoping to get smooth framerates on Extreme like I did in the demo.

based on what I've read on forums and seen of benchmarks, you should absolutely blitz this game. In other words, run it really well even at the highest of settings.

nib95 said:
based on what I've read on forums and seen of benchmarks, you should absolutely blitz this game. In other words, run it really well even at the highest of settings.

This is the sequel to Crysis, so I am both sad and elated at this news. Thanks.

heyf00L

anddo0 said:
sorry if this has been asked... But the PS3 forces 1080p on startup. What is the best res to play the game in?
Wut? You can't change the resolution of the console game.
If your TV supports 1080p then set your PS3 to 1080p. That's all.

Zzoram

ph33nix said:
Sorry if this sounds ignorant or was already asked but...why do I only have only 4 servers with people playing on it in the PC version?
--never mind. I had it filtered to just north america.

Only 4 servers for North America is still pathetic.

nib95

Banned
30SomethingGamer said:
yeah im thinking of getting it on steam.

what do you think I can play settings and resolution

E8400 Overclocked to 4.0 ghz
4 gigs of PC6400 ram
260Gtx 216 core overclocked 660/1100

thanks if you have the info

Based on the standard GTX 260 (yours is a better version so will probably get better results), you can play at 1080p (1920x1200) on Advanced settings (one down from max Hardcore setting and with very little difference in IQ) and get approximately 44fps average. Or at 1680x1050 at 52fps average.

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/crysis-2-benchmarks

LaserBuddha, according to BETA benchmarks, with your 6970 you'll get approximately 58fps average at 1920x1200 at the highest Hardcore settings. But that's based on the BETA, pretty sure I read somewhere that the final game is even more optimised.

http://static.techspot.com/articles-info/367/bench/1920.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's the AI like on the harder difficulties? Is it like Delta? I ran out of ammo and had to reload when I was sure I should basically have been shot dead, but the guy stopped shooting and stood there until I reloaded. Polite of him.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zzoram said:
Only 4 servers for North America is still pathetic.

Well if it's like the demo (and seeing as how it's Gamespy I'm not expecting it to change) then then regional filters are broken. There are far more then 4 servers in NA, it just doesn't read them properly.

Y2Kev said:
What's the AI like on the harder difficulties? Is it like Delta? I ran out of ammo and had to reload when I was sure I should basically have been shot dead, but the guy stopped shooting and stood there until I reloaded. Polite of him.

On Vet I have seen alot of random stupidity from the AI. The AI seems all over the place where it seems smart, and then you get some really stupid moments.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Have a Radeon 6870 and i7-950 @ 4GHZ OC'd. I'll be happy if I can get 45fps+ on highest settings (DX11 included later on) with triple buffering.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Another question, it says there are 29 weapons, but yet shows 12 when customizing your loadout. Do the others just show up as you get close to unlocking them?

So, which console commands would you guys recommend? Are there any .bat files available? I just went through the first level with default settings. Wasn't too bad. I'm playing at 1920x1080 at Hardcore and I'm getting 60-30 frames/second. This game is really great looking.

The AI is retarded. Sheesh!

JB1981

Alright so this is the first Crysis I've ever played so this is new to me but HOLY FUCKING SHIT! this is amazing. and I started out on Vet it's pretty hard so far but I'm liking the challenge.

heyf00L said:
Wut? You can't change the resolution of the console game.
If your TV supports 1080p then set your PS3 to 1080p. That's all.

Incorrect. Some games look better and usually have better framerates at 720p. Some games even select 720p if you have 1080p enabled on your PS3. You can force 720p even on an 1080p TV by simply deselecting 1080i and 1080p as accepted resolutions.

DKo5 said:
Find where the game installed (if its from Steam look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis 2) and open "system.cfg".

Put those lines at the bottom of the file, save + quit. I would recommend r_vsync 1 instead of 0, though. While you're at it, install RivaTuner so you can get D3DOverrider to enable Triple Buffering. See this thread for why:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413
Wow, thank you for this link.

Zimbardo

i'm quite impressed with the pc version.

works like a charm. i was expecting some bugs/annoyances of some kind on launch day, but things have been very smooth.

multiplayer has been perfect and single player perfect as well.

the game is incredibly well optimized, too.

running 1080p with extreme/max detail and its running like water. vsync on and it must be a constant 60fps.

the multiplayer maps are awesome, too. probably the best i've seen as far as being pretty to look at.

knitoe

Bought the PC version and it comes with serial & promo code. Where are you suppose to enter the promo code?

Kaako said:
Have a Radeon 6870 and i7-950 @ 4GHZ OC'd. I'll be happy if I can get 45fps+ on highest settings (DX11 included later on) with triple buffering.
On 2600K@4.5GHz with ATI 6970, I am getting ~45fps on Extreme 1920X1080 with AMD MLAA enable.

nib95 said:
LaserBuddha, according to BETA benchmarks, with your 6970 you'll get approximately 58fps average at 1920x1200 at the highest Hardcore settings. But that's based on the BETA, pretty sure I read somewhere that the final game is even more optimised.

Thank you for that!

Sinatar

knitoe said:
Bought the PC version and it comes with serial & promo code. Where are you suppose to enter the promo code?

On 2600K@4.5GHz with ATI 6970, I am getting ~45fps on Extreme 1920X1080 with AMD MLAA enable.

Shut off MLAA, the game is already running with Temporal AA, adding MLAA is only going to lower the framerate and make things blurrier.

knitoe

Zimbardo said:
i'm pretty sure i remember an option on the in game menu to put in the promo code and it takes you to the http://www.mycrysis.com/ website, where you put in said promo code.
Don't see it anywhere in game menu or one the website. Can someone give me more detail or point me in the right direction?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0321_el33.gif

this is pretty good. 360 version is pretty decent looking.

DKo5 said:
Find where the game installed (if its from Steam look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis 2) and open "system.cfg".

Put those lines at the bottom of the file, save + quit. I would recommend r_vsync 1 instead of 0, though. While you're at it, install RivaTuner so you can get D3DOverrider to enable Triple Buffering. See this thread for why:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413
I've had some errors installing RivaTuner. It says that it's unsigned for the driver on my PC or something and to update the version of RivaTuner but it's the newest one straight from their website, version 2.24c. Just ignore this warning? Program starts fine.

wait nevermind, don't need RivaTuner, just D3Doverride.

knitoe said:
Don't see it anywhere in game menu or one the website. Can someone give me more detail or point me in the right direction?
In the multi-player menu click on mycrysis and then Redeem Code, then it will close the game and load up the page on mycrysis.com where you input the code. You have to have a mycrysis.com account

Sinatar said:
Shut off MLAA, the game is already running with Temporal AA, adding MLAA is only going to lower the framerate and make things blurrier.

Damn, for a moment there, I thought you can turn off the Temporal AA and use MLAA of the ATI cards. I'm really considering the 6950 card.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
knitoe said:

With those specs you should be getting 60fps. Turn off MLAA first. Do you have the GPU OC'd too? I got my 6950 OC'd to ratings that get me close to GTX 580 performance in many games.

nib95 said:
Based on the standard GTX 260 (yours is a better version so will probably get better results), you can play at 1080p (1920x1200) on Advanced settings (one down from max Hardcore setting and with very little difference in IQ) and get approximately 44fps average. Or at 1680x1050 at 52fps average.

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/crysis-2-benchmarks

http://static.techspot.com/articles-info/367/bench/1920.png

thanks im gonna get it on steam tomorrow

I'm quite enjoying this game so far, though I'm not blown away by it.

What bugs me:

-The suit never shuts up.
-Alcatraz never speaks... like, dude, you just had a symbiotic nano-suit strapped to you involuntarily, everyone is out to murder you, aliens have invaded New York, and you don't have a single thing to ask or say?
-The subtitles are odd... half the time, they're a little off and it's just odd.

Story's a little dragging but hopefully at this part I'm at it begins to pick up a little.

Zimbardo

knitoe said:

when you're in the game, choose multiplayer ...from there ...

mycrysis
redeem code

should open up their mycrysis site and provide you with a spot to enter the promo code.

JB1981

alr1ghtstart said:
0321_el33.gif

this is pretty good. 360 version is pretty decent looking.
Hahahahahahaah

This game makes me wish I had a good PC rig. It looks great on 360 but I can only imagine how it looks with less pop in and a more fluid framerate. Either way this is by far the most graphically ambitious game the 360 has ever seen.

Sinatar

It's weird that they went with a silent protagonist in this seeing as Nomad talked in the original as did Psycho in Warhead. Usually games go from silent to blabbermouth, not the other way around.

LiquidMetal14 said:
With those specs you should be getting 60fps. Turn off MLAA first. Do you have the GPU OC'd too? I got my 6950 OC'd to ratings that get me close to GTX 580 performance in many games.

On that note, do you know of any good OC tools for noobs? CCC doesn't have autoclock any more for some reason. I'd like to trust software to do the overclocking rather than hazarding my way through it, even if the results aren't as absolutely high as possible.

(I'm using a 6950 flashed into a 6970 btw)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So the SP campaign is good, huh. Blargh, okay, despite going through all the annoyance of cancelling my Steam preorder I guess I'll pick it up. I've really been wanting a graphics whore game for a while now.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sinatar said:
It's weird that they went with a silent protagonist in this seeing as Nomad talked in the original as did Psycho in Warhead. Usually games go from silent to blabbermouth, not the other way around.

And that's the way it should be. The talking protagonist in Crysis and Warhead kind of kill the immersion for me...even though it's pretty rare that they talked (at least Nomad, haven't played much of Warhead yet).

EviLore said:
So the SP campaign is good, huh. Blargh, okay, despite going through all the annoyance of cancelling my Steam preorder I guess I'll pick it up. I've really been wanting a graphics whore game for a while now.

Heh, I was feeling the same way. Still waiting for my failure of a raid to finish before I dive in.

Top Bottom