• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

To those of you having issues with the "CD key already in use error" for MP, someone else mentioned to restart the game after and try again and it seems to have worked for me. It doesn't ask me anymore. I played 3 matches just to test that out.

EviLore said:
So the SP campaign is good, huh. Blargh, okay, despite going through all the annoyance of cancelling my Steam preorder I guess I'll pick it up. I've really been wanting a graphics whore game for a while now.

Haha it's nice to see people coming around. The campaign is INSANE!

-PXG- said:
I started my second play through this morning on Veteran. Trying to be as stealthy as possible and less run 'n gun.

I'm also taking my time and explore and see how detailed everything is too.

I started mine on Veteran and have been exploring everything and taking in the views like I'm an alien from another planet. It looks that good, especially the lighting/GI which is unbelievable!!! The game also runs AWESOME! Best optimization I've ever experienced. You can tell Crytek put a TON of effort into the optimization after the stigma with the original.

Another great aspect is the sound design. TLC out the ass with this game I swear!

Stallion Free said:
If the game was designed around the MKB I would use it. It is severely obvious that it isn't. Furthermore, try the pad and pay attention to the rumble. It is immaculate.

Was wondering how I should proceed when my Steam install finishes and now I know, thanks!

smik

any classic mode impressions yet?

i haven't found any videos or anyone posting about it yet, its actually frustrating me lol

x3sphere said:
Night shots

http://i.picpar.com/bc70956a19d5990ffdb18f0a57da889329765158.jpg[/IMG]
http://i.picpar.com/2eda8ad1632af052b0c74d6fcab6058b3a79cf25.jpg[/IMG]
Is it me or do screens not do the game justice? It's the lighting and shadows and all that tech jargon... it just must be seen in motion. And they look a little blurrier than what I'm seeing while playing. I dunno what the deal is.

AgentOtaku said:
Was wondering how I should proceed when my Steam install finishes and now I know, thanks!
I'm also using the controller for the campaign. I switched between the two early on and am sticking with the 360 pad. I just find it easier and more convenient with all the buttons and tactical shit you need to adjust. No thinking involved with the controller, it all happens naturally on the fly. The subtle rumble adds to the atmosphere. It's really well done.

graywolf323 said:
so what's the general verdict on the PC version so far?
AWESOME!!!!!!

Heavy said:
Is it me or do screens not do the game justice? It's the lighting and shadows and all that tech jargon... it just must be seen in motion. And they look a little blurrier than what I'm seeing while playing. I dunno what the deal is.

Not just you. No screenshot has done the game justice. It seriously needs to be seen in motion to be truly appreciated.

Heavy said:
TLC out the ass with this game I swear!

Indeed. My jaw dropped at soo many instances within the first hour of the campaign! Dropping the extra cash on a sli setup with 2 570's has been validated. Haha. This beast gliding smoothly on a 60 in. LED is amazing.

Also: Best use of sound in a PC game in a long while. Dont know if its a true 7.1 mix, but it sure seems like.

Well done Crytek! Thanks for getting that awful taste out of my mouth (dragons age 2 pc) haha

PC version.

i just reached FDR and i'm loving it so far.

not sure how to get stereoscopic 3D working though. the menu option is greyed out even when i'm using my 3DTV. not sure how to get that working. i was able to force 3D on with the iz3d drivers but a few things went a bit funky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
shinobi602 said:
Not just you. No screenshot has done the game justice. It seriously needs to be seen in motion to be truly appreciated.
Pretty much. Opinions on the graphics are meaningless until you have seen it in motion on a PC.

vazel

Banned
jackdoe said:
Only difference here is that an "accomplished novelist" wrote the story for Crysis 2.
Guess they really are trying to go after a piece of the CoD pie. Still can't believe David Goyer wrote the crap story in blops.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a little more and the game has really hit it's stride. The first couple of chapters were a bit underwhelming, especially since they do have some performance issues on PS3, but the point I'm at now is sublime. The level design is awesome and the enemy encounters are are great. I adore the atmosphere and a lot of the quiet moments. It makes you actually feel like you have something to fight for and keeps it from being just constant action. The framerate also seems to have smoothed out quite a bit. The best part, I looked at the mission list in the Extras menu and I'm only about a 3rd of the way done after playing for longer than most recent FPS entire campaign. If the quality keeps up from here on out this might be my favorite FPS of the generation.

So when the host quits on 360 it is suppose to migrate hosts! Unsuccessful migration after 10 times! I haven't seen it work yet. Always worked on the demo

Matrix said:
Wow they modeled my dads building that he designed irl into the game. 17th State Street... Fuck so cool seeing it in the game when you first open the doors to the outside, never seen it in a game before. I was like :O and :O at the insane graphics.

246430175_de5ac2d83c.jpg

You see anywhere yet with stuff from MSG? I work right around there.

Oh the soundtrack is good so far. Yeah, I know it's most likely for free in the game files, but I'm getting the PS3 version and I'm not getting it till later tomorrow night...so I need something for the commute.

jackdoe

vazel said:
Guess they really are trying to go after a piece of the CoD pie. Still can't believe David Goyer wrote the crap story in blops.
David Goyer was responsible for all three Blade movies. It's believable.

Filth

cd key is use error: the way to fix it: when you look at your cd key steam gives you you notice its all caps. so you add it with all caps.. it needs to be lower case in the game with dashes. this was the only way it worked for me.

kamspy

I"m having a blast in single player. If it takes cues from a popular shooter, it's definitely Halo and not COD. The levels I've played could be described as double wide Halo levels with about three times as much vertical play. It's not as open as Crysis 1, but it's far from a COD clone, I know, I just played Homefront and Medal of Honor.

I have to commend Crytek for launching a great looking game that runs better then expected for everyone on day 1.

Crysis was the most beautiful and ambitious FPS ever made, but Crysis 2 might be the most optimized game ever made. My 275 GTX has never rendered better graphics at anything close to the framerates I'm getting. The TAA is effective as hell. It's got plenty of downfall but I'm jaggy free. It's almost surreal looking how great the IQ is. Yes, I'm sure someone can dig out a STALKER picture with higher texture resolution, but with every element coming together in concert, I can't think of any game that looks better then Crysis 2. In my opinion it obliterates Metro 2033 ( I did only play in DX10)

I can't urge people on the fence enough. Yes it's great, yes it's worth a $10 premium. Very few games are. This is one of them.

Heavy said:
I'm also using the controller for the campaign. I switched between the two early on and am sticking with the 360 pad. I just find it easier and more convenient with all the buttons and tactical shit you need to adjust. No thinking involved with the controller, it all happens naturally on the fly. The subtle rumble adds to the atmosphere. It's really well done.

subtle rumble sounds awesome!
I usually turn it off as most titles overdo it...

Dreohboy

MOTHERFUCKING STEAM!!!!!!

Download finished and "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! Give me my damn $60 back bitch!!!!

vazel

Banned
jackdoe said:
David Goyer was responsible for all three Blade movies. It's believable.
Hey now, Blade 1 & 2 were good. They helped start the comic book movie craze. The third movie is another story...
ugh.gif

plagiarize said:
PC version.

i just reached FDR and i'm loving it so far.

not sure how to get stereoscopic 3D working though. the menu option is greyed out even when i'm using my 3DTV. not sure how to get that working. i was able to force 3D on with the iz3d drivers but a few things went a bit funky.
Not sure what to tell you. I'm able to select it without doing anything special. You're given the open to use side-by-side or interlaced. I just selected side-by-side and then did the same with my TV and I was good to go.

As I said a little earlier in the thread, I don't have Nvidia 3D Vision or 3DTV Play. I'm using a 55-inch Samsung 3D LED.

Anyone with an 8800GT playing this game? How are the framerates and at what resolution are you playing? I'm on the fence, but as I mentioned a few pages back, the original Crysis runs in the mid 20s fps at 1440x900 and I fear this game is going to run the same.

I got the demo to run in advanced at mid 30's but the single player is a whole other beast.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Lasthope106 said:
Anyone with an 8800GT playing this game? How are the framerates and at what resolution are you playing? I'm on the fence, but as I mentioned a few pages back, the original Crysis runs in the mid 20s fps at 1440x900 and I fear this game is going to run the same.

I got the demo to run in advanced at mid 30's but the single player is a whole other beast.
Single player in the final version is a lot more optimized than the demo. You should be able to run it fine. Anyone that wants this game should play it, no matter what platform.

Lasthope106 said:

Single player is running better for me than the demo did and also considerably better than Crysis did. I'm not using a 8800GT, but the game seems to be very well optimized.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Game is amazing! 3 hours into Campaign now. This definitely lets you tackle enemies in different ways. Big open areas where you can wander around differently to take guys out.

Im playing on Veteran and it hasnt been too difficult. I have died a few times but it felt like my fault. The harder difficulty probably really forces you to take stealth routes.

The Nature Roy said:
Not sure what to tell you. I'm able to select it without doing anything special. You're given the open to use side-by-side or interlaced. I just selected side-by-side and then did the same with my TV and I was good to go.

As I said a little earlier in the thread, I don't have Nvidia 3D Vision or 3DTV Play. I'm using a 55-inch Samsung 3D LED.
what graphics card do you have? and what settings / resolution are you running at?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Booted it up. Default mouse controls feel awful (even with vsync off). Going to need to find the mouse acceleration tweaks.

Well at least finally someone said something about the mouse. It's pretty disappointing that even after the complaints about the demo they still didn't change it.

vazel

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Booted it up. Default mouse controls feel awful (even with vsync off). Going to need to find the mouse acceleration tweaks.
Someone posted it in the last page. Put this in system.cfg.

i_mouse_smooth 0
i_mouse_accel 0

Crysis 2 is taking too damn long to download from Amazon. :(

TheExodu5

Banned
I went to boot up multiplayer just to see if my framerates matched the demo, and to see if SLI is working. I joined a server, and get the message "Serial code is currently in use".

Seriously?

Fucking seriously?

Nekrono

TheExodu5 said:

Sounds like you need to turn off mouse acceleration, someone posted the command a few pages back, I've yet to try the game, at least until tomorrow to know for sure.

Top Bottom