• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Jadedx

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I went to boot up multiplayer just to see if my framerates matched the demo, and to see if SLI is working. I joined a server, and get the message "Serial code is currently in use".

Seriously?

Fucking seriously?
One of the many reasons I don't pc game. All I really need to do is buy a new graphics card.

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I went to boot up multiplayer just to see if my framerates matched the demo, and to see if SLI is working. I joined a server, and get the message "Serial code is currently in use".

Seriously?

Fucking seriously?
Several people are having that problem. One person was saying to try entering the key in all lowercase, but it could just be screwed up. :/

TheExodu5

Banned
Blizzard said:
Several people are having that problem. One person was saying to try entering the key in all lowercase, but it could just be screwed up. :/

Entering the cd key all in lower case fixed the issue.

Also, looks like SLI is not working, as of the latest NVidia drivers. I'd apply the Crysis 2 demo profiles to the game if I knew how.

My 2x GTX 570 is getting 45-60fps in Skyline (maxed settings @ 1080p), which is about half of what I was getting in the demo with SLI.

graywolf323

hmm with all this praise I might cave and buy it on Steam by the end of the week

edit: but Dragon Age 2 already has been on sale wow I dunno if Crysis 2 was $50 this would be easy but the $60 price point might keep me on the fence until a sale

AcciDante

Got it from gamefly on 360. Enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would! Looks fantastic, but the framerate isn't very good at all in big areas. Kind of annoying, but not game breaking.

TheExodu5

Banned
felipepl said:
Well... I guess that this game deserves a revised OP. BADLY.
Crytek proved almost everybody wrong.

That has yet to be determined. Come back in a month and see if the GTA IV syndrome sets in.

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Entering the cd key all in lower case fixed the issue.

Also, looks like SLI is not working, as of the latest NVidia drivers. I'd apply the Crysis 2 demo profiles to the game if I knew how.

My 2x GTX 570 is getting 45-60fps in Skyline (maxed settings @ 1080p), which is about half of what I was getting in the demo with SLI.
Good to hear, the lowercase CD key thing should probably go in the OP. Also, people had been mentioning that dual cards were messed up, so you may be out of luck there until a patch.

By the way, did Crytek ever release any patches for Crysis or Warhead on Steam? Or patches for free that could be applied to the Steam version?

TheExodu5

Banned
Scratch that about SLI...I remembered that I did a clean driver install last week. I'm hearing that using the SLI profile from NVidia or EVGA should do the trick.

If you go by the current ps3 leaderboards, a disappointing 16,000 have only logged on. The game really is solid so here's hoping most people are just playing singleplayer instead of not buying it entirely.

Oh ffs.

Got the game from Steam, installed, ran it. MyCrysis logon doesn't work in game (had same issue with the goddamn demo, was never able to logon properly), yet works fine on the site. Gave up after several attempts and skipped just so I can be able to try the goddamn game that I paid $60 for, first scene loads -- no character models are visible at all.

Come on.

Is nobody playing online on the PS3 or is the matchmaking still screwed up?

I got in fast this afternoon, but now I'm getting dumped in lobbies with 3 people in them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MickeyKnox said:
No way in hell, this is exactly what I feared it would be.
How far into it are you? The first few chapters are a lot more confined than the rest of the game, at least to the point that I've played. It gets a lot better farther in.

benzy

shinnn said:
Great game so far. Graphics are amazing. Some screens from X360 version.

I'm still amazed Crytec pulled this off on consoles. The real-time Global Illumination works wonders. Even with the framerate dips the controls and shooting remains pretty responsive too.

Mrbob

Played the first couple missions tonight on PC. Plugged in my wired 360 controller as well to play the campaign....wow. I said daaammmmn. Game looks great and plays awesome.

felipepl said:
Well... I guess that this game deserves a revised OP. BADLY.
Crytek proved almost everybody wrong.

Why are you so obsessed with the OP? Its days old. Let it be. Whether people were proven wrong or not, its freaking one post that nobody will even read after the release of the game.

Nekrono

SPEA said:
Yeah the game is terrible and runs like shit.

Wait...

I think he's talking about the expectations from Crysis 2 and Crytek after the original, which were pretty high, Crysis 2 is not it, it's not bad but it's definitely not what a lot of people expected, it is disappointing in that regard.

Tom Penny

It's weird that the frame rate is better in some areas that actually look better than the areas the frame rate wasn't as good. They only real complaint graphically I have is that in the beginning they decided to not even remotely try to use decent textures on things like door alarms. They look atrocious and stood out like a sore thumb not like they are things you can make look incredible.

LovingSteam said:
Why are you so obsessed with the OP? Its days old. Let it be. Whether people were proven wrong or not, its freaking one post that nobody will even read after the release of the game.
I agree. I think we should leave it up as a monument to hysteria and overreaction.

strata8

Tom Penny said:
It's weird that the frame rate is better in some areas that actually look better than the areas the frame rate wasn't as good. They only real complaint graphically I have is that in the beginning they decided to not even remotely try to use decent textures on things like door alarms. They look atrocious and stood out like a sore thumb not like they are things you can make look incredible.
Yeah, they did that in Crysis too. It was really annoying, especially those wooden fences.

But I am so sick of this console generation and its 256mb of RAM. It's so limiting for a game like Crysis.

Peterthumpa

LovingSteam said:
No need to overreact. I'm just so satisfied and amazed with the game, whenever the absence of DX11 or the console roots are problems for others or not, that I think that it deserved a better OP (though the current one is undeniably pretty clever).

C'mon, let's be friends and kill each other in some Crysis 2 MP mayhem.

Mrbob

The level of detail in New York city is amazing and this is DX9. I wonder what extras we will see with DX11. I can't believe how well it runs as well.

I love messing with soldiers cloaked. I feel like the Predator.

Reave

Which version, PS3 or Xbox 360, has a smoother framerate? I don't give a crap about all of the other comparisons. The game looks incredible either way -- I just want the console version that runs best.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just 2 shots of the early game:

crysis2_1.png

crysis2_2.png

No tweaks applied yet. I'm not sure how to turn use proper AA instead of the temporal AA, but it's late and I don't want to get into that yet.

Haven't had a single drop below 60fps yet, so hopefully the performance holds up. The game looks pretty good in motion, though I do find the lighting overly bloomy and the whole image does have a pretty blurry quality to it. I might try tweaking it a bit tomorrow.

~Kinggi~ said:
Game is amazing! 3 hours into Campaign now. This definitely lets you tackle enemies in different ways. Big open areas where you can wander around differently to take guys out.

Im playing on Veteran and it hasnt been too difficult. I have died a few times but it felt like my fault. The harder difficulty probably really forces you to take stealth routes.
I'm also playing on veteran and had the same sentiment when I died; that it was purely my fault. I love it. If you allow yourself to get sprayed for a few seconds in the open you're done, that's it. It really makes you tackle the objectives in all sorts of ways.

And yeah, the areas are big and open. Laughable comment from that guy who said it's as closed in and linear as KZ2. Perhaps trying to compensate for his joke OP that backfired. I mean just look at the first few areas... right when you step out into the open that entire area is there for you to wander around and then when you go to the next section through the gates it doesn't get closed off, you can go back all the way to beginning. Then when you hit the city it's just awesome. Yes, there are corridors spliced between certain sections but the best description overall would be Halo-sized levels on steroids with an added vertical aspect.

Thanks Crytek. The one multiplayer mode I'm interested in playing (Assault) is unlocked at level 18. Guess I won't be playing that at all. Awesome!

MickeyKnox said:
No way in hell, this is exactly what I feared it would be.
Wow, that's just sad. You're in the tiny minority with your opinions, to say the least.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
If you go by the current ps3 leaderboards, a disappointing 16,000 have only logged on. The game really is solid so here's hoping most people are just playing singleplayer instead of it not buying it entirely.
That's even sadder. Wtf? I hope the MP demo didn't turn people off that much. 16,000 is really bad. Are you sure that's not the max you can see?

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
I want to go back to playing but both of my controllers batteries are dead. :(

I guess that's another win for PC gaming.
You must really like it. ;) That's it, as soon as I get my trade-in money from Amazon, I'm ordering the game.

Nekrono

Neuromancer said:
Thanks Crytek. The one multiplayer mode I'm interested in playing (Assault) is unlocked at level 18. Guess I won't be playing that at all. Awesome!

Woah I didn't know multiplayer game modes were locked, especially level bound, that's retarded, the disappointment continues, at least for me.

Hopefully the SP is good.

TheExodu5

Banned
First impressions are good. I think I take back my words on the lighting being too bloomy...it ends up working really well in motion. The game feels more polished than the first Crysis, and as a result ends up looking better, even though it might not look quite as good in screenshots.

I do have issues with the default PC controls. Obviously, the mouse controls suck unless you force off acceleration through launch commands (or the config file). Crouch is a toggle, and iron-sights are not. I need to fix that.

I'm only very early on, but it seems as though you definitely have some flexibility when it comes to encounters. Things seem semi-open so far. The map size may not be as big as the original game, but I don't think it takes that much away from it.

I will say one thing though: the game is ridiculously easy thus far compared to the original. It could just be that the difficulty ramps up, but the original game definitely required you to play it smart from the very beginning.

Nekrono said:
Woah I didn't know multiplayer game modes were locked, especially level bound, that's retarded, the disappointment continues, at least for me.

Hopefully the SP is good.
Yep, they're all locked except for deathmatch and team deathmatch. Truly a WTF moment for me. Level 18 would take me forever to get so I'm just not going to bother.

Fortunately, the SP is excellent so far.

Nekrono

TheExodu5 said:
Here's what's wrong with the lighting:

http://www.thejayzone.com/pics/crysis/crysis2_3.png[img]

Are those plastic briefcases glowing with radiation or something?[/QUOTE]

I always thought the lighting in Crysis 2 was a bit too much, beautiful yes but very unrealistic and overdone, I was hoping they would tone it down a bit to get to that 'sweet spot' but now my hopes are with the mod community, although im not sure how much they can actually do with this game now.

FStop7

Banned
I was watching the GB quick look and it hit me that the opening section of the game is in Battery Park, Castle Clinton, etc. I recognized a bunch of spots from Deus Ex.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Thumbs way up so far. Combat doesn't really feel dumbed down at all (at least on the hardest difficulty) minus the inability to go prone or lean at will. At least the built in cover system compensates for the leaning mostly.

The game is also *gorgeous*, all the bitching from the demo thread feels petty and stupid now cause fuck me this is a stunner.

crysis22011-03-2222-559n6e.jpg

Top Bottom