• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Detox

TimeLike said:
Anyone else think the collectibles are really hard to find? They don't glow or anything like that and are sneakily placed.
This is the first I've heard about the collectibles are they like audio diaries or have no bearing on the story?

strata8

TimeLike said:
Anyone else think the collectibles are really hard to find? They don't glow or anything like that and are sneakily placed.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :p

Would probably make it so hard to get a platinum on the PS3.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Truant said:
I'm not hugely into PC gaming anymore. I have this OCD that I must run games at the maximum settings, or else I start to freak out. That's why I switched over to consoles, because there I won't have that problem, even if the console version may look worse. It's lame, I know, but that's how it is.

Metro didn't run that well (on max settings) and I want to be sure C2 runs great.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, for the same reason this is why I purchase so many multi-plats on the console rather than PC as I start to obsess over the GFX settings on the PC and I can't enjoy the game, sometimes I'd rather just have an inferior version on the console knowing that I have to just accept what I see and then I can enjoy the core mechanics of the game.

That being said though your system will play this game maxed out fine.

Fjordson

Picked it up on 360. Looks damn good, though I've barely gotten into it. Just a few multiplayer matches. Going to jump into the campaign tomorrow.

Biggzy

Don’t you just love the change of tune of some people about this game; yep it seems the people who criticised the game earlier are now having a good serving of humble pie. Although i will say the people at EA who were responsible for marketing this game need to be sacked, it’s because of them that people were criticising the game earlier.

CozMick

Banned
I'm really not seeing the "best looking game ever" from those PC shots and the demo's.

Even the pics that people are quoting have shitty textures, AF etc...

I'm hoping my copy gets here today (despatched) and it's a "seeing it in motion" type game.

strata8

CozMick said:
I'm really not seeing the "best looking game ever" from those PC shots and the demo's.

I'm hoping my copy gets here today (despatched) and it's a "seeing it in motion" type game.
You must have had a ball playing Crysis 1, then :p

V_Arnold

Biggzy said:
Don’t you just love the change of tune of some people about this game; yep it seems the people who criticised the game earlier are now having a good serving of humble pie. Although i will say the people at EA who were responsible for marketing this game need to be sacked, it’s because of them that people were criticising the game earlier.

Well, hardcore gamers gotta love screaming and shouting PREORDER CANCELLED in one moment, GOTY-CANDIDATE in another. It is how gaming works right now. We are perfect judges of the world around us, of course :)

CozMick

Banned
NotTarts said:
You must have had a ball playing Crysis 1, then :p

Played the original, thought to myself "holy shit, best looking game ever" loved it, then got off the first island area and BAM! 10-15fps.

I didn't bother upgrading :p

CozMick said:
Played the original, thought to myself "holy shit, best looking game ever" loved it, then got off the first island area and BAM! 10-15fps.

I didn't bother upgrading :p

Believe me, could be worse.

There´s a bug with some catalyst drivers in the first game, you can play without any problem just until the end of the game, and in the two last locations the framerate goes down to 5-10 and even get frozen sometimes, it´s a real pain in the ass, i was playing with everything set to high and 50-60 frames until then :p

I beat the game thanks to a combination of iron will and savestates lol

Only got to play through the first 40 minute or so last night, but I love it. Played a few TDM online and I was MUCH more impressed than I was with the demo (360). I think my best game was 5-8 though, by late evening, everyone seem to have the maps down pat at that point. lol

Cant wait to play some more though!

Biggzy

V_Arnold said:
Well, hardcore gamers gotta love screaming and shouting PREORDER CANCELLED in one moment, GOTY-CANDIDATE in another. It is how gaming works right now. We are perfect judges of the world around us, of course :)

Yeah i know but it still makes me laugh every time it happens.

Q8D3vil

anyway to change the fov without it changing while i sprint ?

Truant said:
I'm tied between the PC and 360 versions. My PC isn't shabby, but it's not exactly top modern. I'll be playing the PC version with a controller, by the way.

i7 2,4 ghz
6GB memory
GTX 295
Vista 64-bit

Anyone with similar setup?
same system
i'm getting 40-60 in extreme 1080p 3D vision on

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Metal Gear?! said:
Couldn't you just play with Mouse and Keyboard with a 360 controller in your lap?
I don't even know what to say.

CozMick said:

Uh it's the exact same as Crysis. Looks decent in most screens (spectacular in ones properly taken), but looks insanely good in motion. Most of us here who are gushing about the graphics aren't going on screens, we are going on what we have seen in motion.

CozMick

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Uh it's the exact same as Crysis. Looks decent in most screens (spectacular in ones properly taken), but looks insanely good in motion. Most of us here who are gushing about the graphics aren't going on screens, we are going on what we have seen in motion.

Really good to know, thanks :D

Still waiting on the postie (yes it's midday and no fucking post yet)

strata8

SeanR1221 said:
Anyone else oddly addicted to multiplayer? Im not sure if Im gonna get burnt out soon, but it's mostly all I played yesterday.
I kept coming back to the 360 MP demo when it was still online. Skyline was so much fun with shotguns.

So does anyone care to say how the PS3 version plays? Because if it's anything like the demo (framedrops, etc), I won't buy it. And I really want to buy it. :/

Tom Penny

eravulgaris said:
So does anyone care to say how the PS3 version plays? Because if it's anything like the demo (framedrops, etc), I won't buy it. And I really want to buy it. :/

It's fine. Framerate actually gets better after the opening couple of sections.

Anyone know why most of the time ever if you do a stealth kill it alerts the enemy? Do they just know when guys are dead?

Tom Penny said:

Anyone know why most of the time ever if you do a stealth kill it alerts the enemy? Do they just know when guys are dead?

You lose the camo for a couple of seconds, they can see you killing their partner if they are looking in your direction.

Tom Penny said:

That's because they can see you when you do it. Make sure you're completely out of sight when you do your stealth kills and you can be the Predator once again. :)

strata8

CozMick said:

Yeah, it's things like this:
2011032218254014fk10.jpg

Just with the trees and the grass and the shadows moving in the wind and the sound of waves and birds flying places and beams of sunlight dappling through the branches and-

(360 by the way, was posted earlier)

SeanR1221 said:
Anyone else oddly addicted to multiplayer? Im not sure if Im gonna get burnt out soon, but it's mostly all I played yesterday.

Extremely, can't wait for my copy to get here just so I can keep going after the demo.

Truant

Q8D3vil said:
anyway to change the fov without it changing while i sprint ?

same system
i'm getting 40-60 in extreme 1080p 3D vision on

Awesome. How does the 3D vision impact performance? In other words, what would your FPS be if you played without it?

SonnyBoy

Purchased the game on 360, got quite a bit of campaign and multi-player in yesterday. The game looks astonishing. The pop-in is noticeable but I don't give a damn. It's not THAT bad and I understand the limitations of the console.

D6AMIA6N

You guys are dicks, making me buy another new game! Can't wait to try it out, looks sick! If any of you play MP on 360 add me! GT: D6AMIA6N.

mxgt

Banned
CozMick said:

Lol, same here.

Delivers at 9-10am every day for as long as I can remember and today he decides to not show up.

:(

bee

Ikuu said:
Pretty disappointing that there's still not a pre-load from the EA Store.

tell me about it, also launch date checks are ridiculous, practically the last thing that remains to crossover to consoles

cryqcre.png

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hmm, mine isn't even appearing in my games list, guess I'll need to get in touch with EA. Hope they didn't cancel the order as I used multiple coupons.

Game doesn't to me have the wow factor of the pretty jungles of 1, but the game looks really damn good and really it runs extremely well. On the same system C2 seems to run just so much smoother overall than 1, it feels like it's a much more polished visual experience. Game seems very well optimized.

JB1981

Started the game on Vet and I think it's too hard for me. Think I'm going to drop down a difficulty level. I find that the enemies are very hard to see in this game. Looking forward to getting home tonight and playing this thing.

Q8D3vil

man, textures in crysis 2 are disappointing, i expected better :/
lighting and effects are very good though.

Truant said:
Awesome. How does the 3D vision impact performance? In other words, what would your FPS be if you played without it?
same

i will buy new gpu this week, hopefully gtx 590 is good.

Zzoram

SeanR1221 said:
So the total on the 360 leader boards is like 49,000 and someone said the PS3 has 16,000. I hope the game didn't bomb....

It's got a much meatier single player campaign than the other multiplayer focused shooters released in the past few years so maybe people are still on that?

In multiplayer, how come the vids I see nobody is wearing a nanosuit? They all look like regular soldiers.

Truant

Q8D3vil said:
man, textures in crysis 2 are disappointing, i expected better :/
lighting and effects are very good.

same

i will buy new gpu this week, hopefully gtx 590 is good.

Alright. 40-60 fps is fine with a gamepad, I guess.

Top Bottom