• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Nirolak said:
I think the real issue is that while people are more than willing to make thousands of posts criticizing a PC game sequel that targets the console audience, we can't get past a few pages for dedicated PC games like Dawn of War II: Retribution or Shogun II.

May be because people don't like strategies that much?

The Witcher 2 thread will move pretty nice. The first one has new posts every day because people bought the game to be ready for its sequel.

sinnergy

AgentOtaku said:
360 footage looks fucking fantastic!

GODDAMMIT I'M SOOO FUCKING HYPED

*goes to replay Crysis yet again...*

Crows are gonna be eaten.. with bucket loads.
The footage I saw and the intro.. look insane for consoles imo.

strata8

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Nice footage, but what's up with the damage? All the impressions I've seen say that it's pretty easy to die, this guy is getting shot in the face without armor mode and his energy never drops.
Easy difficulty?

DaBuddaDa

dejan said:
Look's like mini sandbox fps gameplay, if ever there was one. Hopefully it's not just an exception.
The closest thing I can think of to compare Crysis 2's level design to is Halo: Reach, but perhaps a little more complex with more obstacles and clutter.

strata8

Intro level, also on 360:
watch

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
At least we know the SP looks better. I wouldn't write off the PS3 version as such as I assume that looks better than its MP counterpart as well.

markao

Both PS3 and XBox version got their release (pirates) today, so you will probably see/hear a lot more about those two versions.

MickeyKnox said:
Honestly if it wasn't for the mentality (which drives the core game design) revealed by the lack of visual options I wouldn't give a shit if the menu settings were exactly as they are, provided I still had full access to the *.cfg files since anybody who would care enough to tweak the settings would end up doing so via autoexec because that gives you total control over the visual aspects of the game, far more so than what is available through the UI.
I asked it before in this thread, but has it been confirmed that the retail version (I know the demo) will not have cfg files that the user can edit?

DaBuddaDa

This initial docks area looks extremely wide open. Maybe not as big as a massive jungle island, but still 10x the size of a CoD map.

DaBuddaDa

markao said:
I asked it before in this thread, but has it been confirmed that the retail version (I know the demo) will not have cfg files that the user can edit?
PC retail version isn't out yet, so who knows.

eshwaaz

There seems to be a lot of negativity here, but I think this looks like it will be a lot of fun. Very excited for next week.

DaBuddaDa

eshwaaz said:
There seems to be a lot of negativity here, but I think this looks like it will be a lot of fun. Very excited for next week.
The negativity is warranted, but at least it's mostly directed towards the technical stuff and not the game itself. I'm done watching this livestream and I am sold. This is still Crysis, for those of you who liked Crysis 1 for the game aspects.

sinnergy

Backfoggen said:
Lol, the console footage looks great. They really didn't do themselves a favor releasing the MP demo.
No, but Neogaf and other forums based all their opinions on the MP footage ;)

It's Crytek we are talking about...

burgerdog

What the hell was crytek thinking when the sp(assuming it's real 360 footage and not pc with 360 pad) looks that good? I would have released a demo of that.

markao said:
Both PS3 and XBox version got their release (pirates) today, so you will probably see/hear a lot more about those two versions.

people who played the leak seemed to suggest that your config was part of your encrypted save file. i think it's safe to presume the retail version will be the same.

however, you can tweak things with command line arguments, which isn't quite as elegant but should let people adjust a handful of things that most upset them (FOV, motion blur, whatever).

DaBuddaDa said:
Crysis 1 and Warhead were no better!

Dammit yes they were!

I made a statement about this in another thread, but specifically the banter between Psycho and O'Neil in Warhead was very much undudebro. Bunch of military jargon but the delivery was very authentic. Crysis1 was only really dudebro in the beginning when the team is arrogant ...well that and when the troops show up near the end.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
burgerdog said:
What the hell was crytek thinking when the sp(assuming it's real 360 footage and not pc with 360 pad) looks that good? I would have released a demo of that.
Crysis is an SP game so they had to release an MP demo for 2 clearly.

LiquidMetal14 said:
At least we know the SP looks better. I wouldn't write off the PS3 version as such as I assume that looks better than its MP counterpart as well.

Crysis 1 MP was not nearly up to par with SP visuals and this should surprise no-one.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Crysis is an SP game so they had to release an MP demo for 2 clearly.
Crytek was trying to be the next Battlefield for consoles instead of the next Bioshock. Both are successful, but you're talking ~5-6 million in sales vs 3-4 million.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If the PS3 framerate holds up in single player I'm definitely getting this. The MP doesn't really matter to me at all.

markao

plagiarize said:
people who played the leak seemed to suggest that your config was part of your encrypted save file. i think it's safe to presume the retail version will be the same.

however, you can tweak things with command line arguments, which isn't quite as elegant but should let people adjust a handful of things that most upset them (FOV, motion blur, whatever).
Thanks, that would be seriously disappointing.

I got my hopes up after reading a answer from a dev recently; it was something like "who needs a menu if you can alter things manually", but he/she was probably revering to the command line (exe) options then :(

strata8

markao said:
Thanks, that would be seriously disappointing.

I got my hopes up after reading a answer from a dev recently; it was something like "who needs a menu if you can alter things manually", but he/she was probably revering to the command line (exe) options then :(
No, you could still use autoexec.cfg and system.cfg, but the CVARS (default configs) were stored in an Engine.pak file (basically just a regular zip file).

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Pop in has always been an issue with Crysis.

Yep. Even with custom configs and manually editing draw distance shit, I can never escape the highly noticeable pop in for C1. Really bothers me too. I'd accept turning down other settings if it meant I never saw vegetation pop in.

NotTarts said:
No, you could still use autoexec.cfg and system.cfg, but the CVARS (default configs) were stored in an Engine.pak file (basically just a regular zip file).
huh. well... i hope everyone bitching about the three presets realises this.

i'm sure someone will put together a nice little gui you can run that'll edit the ini files for people uncomfortable using notepad.

Top Bottom