• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

GraveRobberX said:
Hi, I'm GraveRobberX, we haven't met before, how are you by the way?, I'm one of GAF's many trophy/achievement hunters

I feel you GraveRobber, this shit is like Skate 3 all over again........:-D

nubbe

I love Crysis and Warhead and is was so excited about Crysis 2.
It just feels so underwhelming in every aspect compared to the original games.

And Crossfire is broken

this and Dragon Age 2 suckage, my life is in a crisis! omg :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
nubbe said:
I love Crysis and Warhead and is was so excited about Crysis 2.
It just feels so underwhelming in every aspect compared to the original games.

And Crossfire is broken

this and Dragon Age 2 suckage, my life is in a crisis! omg :(
You should just avoid that EA logo for a while.

Except maybe in the case of Sims Medieval.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Well I finally managed to log in. Had to go to network and sharing center > wireless adapter settings > sharing and uncheck "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection."

How fucking random is that?

EDIT: serial code in use

I am having no luck at all.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
luka said:
Well I finally managed to log in. Had to go to network and sharing center > wireless adapter settings > sharing and uncheck "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection."

How fucking random is that?

EDIT: serial code in use

I am having no luck at all.

Just restart the game, and when u log into mycrysis at start up, reenter your key in all lower case.

JoeBoy101

zoner said:
You should just avoid that EA logo for a while.

Except maybe in the case of Sims Medieval.

Nah. I wish not, brah, but nah. This one's on Crytek. This game is hardly rushed. And honestly, DA 2 was on Bioware. I dislike EA, but responsibility needs to be assigned where it should be.

AgentOtaku said:
Got the "sys_maxfps=30" to work. Had to add it to my .exe

Thanks again Crytek for putting in there! =D

I had a helluva time getting commands to work in system.cfg until I realized it needed the '=' in the command. After that, worked like a charm.

Code:
sys_spec_full=4
sys_MaxFPS=60
sys_physics_CPU=3

es_MaxPhysDist=500

e_GIMaxDistance=100
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio=0.8
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes=1024
e_SkyUpdateRate=0.05
e_TerrainLodRatio=1
e_VegetationSpritesDistanceRatio=1.2
e_ViewDistMin=10
e_ViewDistRatio=60
e_ViewDistRatioCustom=60
e_ViewDistRatioDetail=30
e_ViewDistRatioLights=40
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation=45
e_WaterTesselationAmount=8
e_WaterTesselationAmountX=10
e_WaterTesselationAmountY=10
g_breakage_particles_limit=250
r_BeamsMaxSlices=300
r_ColorGrading=1
r_DetailDistance=20
r_MotionBlur=2
r_MotionBlurMaxViewDist=25
r_PostMSAA=0
r_RainDistMultiplier=2
r_ShowDynTexturesMaxCount=48
r_ShadowBlur=3
r_ShadowJittering=2.5
r_TexAtlasSize=2048
r_TexMaxAnisotropy=16
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize=128
r_UseEdgeAA=3
r_UseMergedPosts=3
r_UsePOM=1
r_VegetationSpritesTexRes=128
r_VSync=1
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate=0.01
r_WaterUpdateDistance=1.5
r_WaterUpdateFactor=0.01

i_mouse_accel=0 
g_skipIntro=1
cl_fov=72
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=72
r_DrawNearFoV=72
d3d9_TextureFilter=trilinear

r_PostMSAA=0
Huge huge taste preference here, one that i keep going back and forth on, set to 1 to enable the shaderAA which really boosts edge cleanliness at the cost of serious overall blur. Try it to decide which you would rather compromise on

JoeBoy101

MickeyKnox said:

r_PostMSAA=0
Huge huge taste preference here, one that i keep going back and forth on, set to 1 to enable the shaderAA which really boosts edge cleanliness at the cost of serious overall blur. Try it to decide which you would rather compromise on

Mickey, I noticed you're not using some of the sys commands that I've got in mine.

Code:
sys_spec_texture = 3
sys_spec_postprocessing = 3
sys_spec_shading = 3
sys_spec_water = 3
sys_spec_particles = 3
sys_spec_objectdetail = 3
sys_spec_shadows = 3

Just curious to the reasoning. Going to try your config here in a minute after I back mine up.

EDIT: Looks good, Mickey. Now if I could only be more motivated to play the silly thing. :-/

strata8

MickeyKnox said:

r_PostMSAA=0
I wouldn't really call it 'serious', but I guess that's more of a personal taste.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JoeBoy101 said:
Nah. I wish not, brah, but nah. This one's on Crytek. This game is hardly rushed. And honestly, DA 2 was on Bioware. I dislike EA, but responsibility needs to be assigned where it should be.

I had a helluva time getting commands to work in system.cfg until I realized it needed the '=' in the command. After that, worked like a charm.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying, it's a bad string of luck. Which sucks after Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm were pretty great

luka

Loves Robotech S1
_tetsuo_ said:
Just restart the game, and when u log into mycrysis at start up, reenter your key in all lower case.
That didn't work. What finally did it was logging in, opening multi, going back to single, then back to multi. What an ordeal this game has been. :p

Anyway I'm really enjoying the mp so far. My first round I stole some guy's rifle and sat in the lighthouse sniping people and placed second. I'm also finding nanovision to be extremely useful.
I can see myself spending a lot of time on this. :)

Truant

Got the PC version from Steam. Ran like shit.

Updated the SLI profile patch from EVGA, now it runs at 60fps locked!

For about five minutes...

Ugh. What the fuck, Crytek?

After a short while, the game drops to 50. Then 40. Then 30, and finally rests around 26.

GPU temp is roughly the same. Anyone else having these issues?

Seeing the impressions here I think I'm gonna wait for the bargain bin.

GraveRobberX said:
Hi, I'm GraveRobberX, we haven't met before, how are you by the way?, I'm one of GAF's many trophy/achievement hunters

GraveRobberX.png

I really hope you used a trophy unlocker for some of that. Pour soul.

Spookie

Always-honest said:
yeay, i got it in the mail (360 version).

But i gotta fucking work........ so it's still 6 more hours untill i can play.

I got mine too. I'm not in work! Lets boot thi-

SIGH.jpg

*sigh*

Was excited to try this game out, so I downloaded the demo off steam. First single player shooter in a long time to pique my interest, but upon opening the demo I was forced to create an account, accidentally signed up for email promotions, found out that it was a multiplayer demo, reluctantly tried to find a server to play on, zero servers found, exited the game.

I know experiences like this shouldn't impact my decision to purchase a game, but *barf*

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I really have to say that despite playing with Max settings at a higher res on my PC, those 360 screens look really fucking close to what I see. I assume the framerate isn't nearly as smooth?

Actually, having gone back to Crysis Warhead for a bit tonight, there is an overall visual letdown with the sequel. The lushness and highly textured environments really seem missing in C2. Possibly reserved for the DX11 patch? Extremely noticeable though. Crysis 1/Warhead just appear to be visually more dense and impressive.

mxgt

Banned
'This product will be available after 25/03/2011.'

Fuck you EA. I got the game today, I should be able to play it today.

NotTarts said:
I wouldn't really call it 'serious', but I guess that's more of a personal taste.
It actually really is, which sucks since the aliasing without it is bad but the clarity difference is staggering.

glaurung

Can anyone comment on why the game does not let me join MP?

Steam edition, my credentials work just fine on mycrysis.com, but the game tells me that my information is incorrect all the time.

Those 360 screens look insane. May be crazy to say, but we could be looking at a game with graphics on par with KZ2/3 here. The lighting looks spot on.

samoset

finally got the game to stop forgetting my serial code, but in turn had my rank reset.....

I'm enjoying the few multiplayer matches I've gotten into so far. The gameplay really does feel like a mix of COD and Halo which makes me wonder how vehicles would have faired in this new style that Crytek went for.
Not that any of the maps are big enough for that to matter

Brandon F said:
I really have to say that despite playing with Max settings at a higher res on my PC, those 360 screens look really fucking close to what I see. I assume the framerate isn't nearly as smooth?

By no means. I have done a careful upsize of this xbox360 screen to the resolution I play at. It looks like poo. A 6 year old directx9 graphics card could pull this off. No dedicated console hardware magic here. Hardware from 2005 can never do better than this.

QmfpG.jpg

G_Berry

Banned
Brandon F said:

Actually, having gone back to Crysis Warhead for a bit tonight, there is an overall visual letdown with the sequel. The lushness and highly textured environments really seem missing in C2. Possibly reserved for the DX11 patch? Extremely noticeable though. Crysis 1/Warhead just appear to be visually more dense and impressive.

Are you partially blind or on drugs?

nib95

Banned
G_Berry said:
Are you partially blind or on drugs?

If he's not playing on a very high res screen, I doubt he'd notice much difference. Higher resolution (1080p+) along with Hardcore/Extreme settings and obviously you start noticing a big difference fast.

samoset said:
finally got the game to stop forgetting my serial code, but in turn had my rank reset.....

I'm enjoying the few multiplayer matches I've gotten into so far. The gameplay really does feel like a mix of COD and Halo which makes me wonder how vehicles would have faired in this new style that Crytek went for.
Not that any of the maps are big enough for that to matter

ah one of the lucky ones, according to my states iv logged 32mins of multiplayer so far and Iv only seen the lobby, funny how the demo worked better >.<
Remaining hopeful they will sort it out though, the multi was to much fun to give up now.

G_Berry

Banned
nib95 said:
If he's not playing on a very high res screen, I doubt he'd notice much difference. Higher resolution (1080p+) along with Hardcore/Extreme settings and obviously you start noticing a big difference fast.

True. I'm playing at 1080p with Very high settings.

It shits all over those 360 screens and gives me a MAXIMUM BONER!

nib95

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
since both the 360 and pc version is running on direct x 9 is the only difference 30 fps vs 60?

No, from my understanding even then there are many differences. AA, AF, LOD, shadows, textures, quality of lighting (more god rays etc), particle effects and so on.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
terrdactycalsrock said:
since both the 360 and pc version is running on direct x 9 is the only difference 30 fps vs 60?
No. Loads better effects, resolution, AF, distance lod, etc. Still, it's obviously console optimised and isn't as good as it could be on PC. Even after the DX11 patch unless they release a higher resolutiion texture pack and other such things, which they won't. Will they even do a 64bit executable? Crysis had one...

kitch9

Banned
autobzooty said:
Was excited to try this game out, so I downloaded the demo off steam. First single player shooter in a long time to pique my interest, but upon opening the demo I was forced to create an account, accidentally signed up for email promotions, found out that it was a multiplayer demo, reluctantly tried to find a server to play on, zero servers found, exited the game.

I know experiences like this shouldn't impact my decision to purchase a game, but *barf*

Demo ended days ago.....

Ysiadmihi said:
...really? I mean, really?

Yes really. I have a powerful enough pc to run it, but I'm more comfortable with a 360 controller. So if I'm wanting to go a little out of my comfort zone I have to know that I'm buying the better version.

G_Berry

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
Yes really. I have a powerful enough pc to run it, but I'm more comfortable with a 360 controller. So if I'm wanting to go a little out of my comfort zone I have to know that I'm buying the better version.

The PC version works with a 360 pad perfectly.

Alexios

You can use controllers on PC... Are many PC gamers here not even aware of half the stuff they can do with one? Although if you regularly use a PC, not even just for gaming, I dunno how you can be uncomfortable with a mouse... I mean, you use it to point & click on everything, almost the same as shooting heads off.

Anyway, the differences have been told many times over, don't get angsty over people going "really?" when you didn't even bother researching a little bit. You got answers. Also, frame rate alone should be more than enough of a reason to go for the PC version if you can run it that well...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:

I would imagine if you have a PC powerful enough to run Crysis 2, you would know there is more different than just a better framerate. And it supports 360 pads.

Alextended said:
You can use controllers on PC... Are many PC gamers here not even aware of half the stuff they can do with one? Although if you regularly use a PC, not even just for gaming, I dunno how you can be uncomfortable with a mouse... I mean, you use it to point & click on everything, almost the same as shooting heads off.

I have played pc games before, crysis warhead, stalker, the witcher, so I know how to use a mouse a keyboard. Its just kinda nice knowing that when I get home from Gamestop today with this game that I can put it into my 360 and it'll go. Whereas if I buy the pc version I dont know how long it will take to install, whether or not I have to keep the game in, how long should I save that serial code and so on

Ysiadmihi

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
I have played pc games before, crysis warhead, stalker, the witcher, so I know how to use a mouse a keyboard. Its just kinda nice knowing that when I get home from Gamestop today with this game that I can put it into my 360 and it'll go. Whereas if I buy the pc version I dont know how long it will take to install, whether or not I have to keep the game in, how long should I save that serial code and so on

Well looks like I was right.

Alexios

Well, people say it performs a bit better with an install on 360 too, you wouldn't bother with long term benefits just to play within 5 minutes of purchase?

And, just keep the game in whether it's required or not, it won't harm anything... You can test if it's needed later when you have time (10 seconds, lols).

And what do you mean save the cd key? Do you throw manuals away after playing?

Anyway, even if frame rate was the only difference, it's more than reason enough to go for it. Barely 30 fps vs 60 (again, if you can run it that well) I mean, REALLY?

After all this I'm half expecting you to go "well I'm getting it for 360, take that PC dudes" lol. Just do what's best for you man.

Top Bottom