• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Talking about leaked stuff. This screenshot from the 360 version was posted on mycrysis. I was wondering if the picture of the soldier in the computer screen is not young psycho, but that he might actually be someone else.
are we finally getting to see Nomad's face?

http://i.imgur.com/Rxn2OuR.jpg

edit: guess it is psycho

markao

Correct for day zero piracy, no for overall piracy.
And with both next gen consoles/media boxes having an internet connection requirement, I have no doubt that a Steam like activation will kill any pre release sales/piracy on both systems next gen.

@Arthur (or anyone else) what is the "NDA date" for the reviews?

scitek

Fuck. I'm regretting cancelling the preorder now.

If I don't hear about a PS4 version within the next couple months I don't think I'll be able to wait.
It's not your fault they didn't put out a proper demo and instead let that shitty beta represent the game.

eshwaaz

I'm still butthurt over the (reportedly) short campaign, but those videos look great. Looks like I may be picking up the 360 version after all.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
I'm pre-loading it on Origin at the moment.

Here's my specs for running it.

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 960(3.40GHz,4.8GT/s,8MB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit

MEMORY 12GB 1333MHz (3x4GB) Tri Channel
GRAPHICS CARD Dual 3GB AMD® Radeon™ HD 7970

HelloMeow

Colour me surprised. After the horrendous looking beta, this looks significantly better.

That's probably because it's not the multiplayer. I don't expect the multiplayer to look better than the beta.

In Crysis 2, the difference between the MP and SP wasn't as big as with this one.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm a tad bit worried about this games performance for me. The Beta test seems to run pretty decent.

i5 3570k
gigabyte 670
8GB mem

So probably on high, then?

Moff

I am waiting for the first people who finished the pirated version for more opinions about the lengtt of the game

Sullen

It was a good game and I still like it.

Wrong that it's over-romanticized? No.

Sorry dude, no matter how you want to paint it Crysis 1 was the better game. Is it the best fps of all time or anything? No, but it is still the best in the series by far.

scitek

I am waiting for the first people who finished the pirated version for more opinions about the lengtt of the game

Mike Read of Crytek said in an interview the campaign is 7-8 hrs, longer if you sneak around.

Ko: How long will you need to about the single player of Crysis 3 by to have played?

MR: That varies. We have had the single player test by some people. Every person has the potential of Nanosuit played slightly differently. The average time is about 7 to 8 hours. Do you play a little more cautious, and more disguised, of course you need even longer than 8 hours.

http://translate.google.de/translat...s&file=article&sid=1391&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Dacon

Banned
So is anyone reporting back about the AI?

The alien AI in 2 was really fun to fight but the soldiers were pretty obnoxious. They seemed telepathic sometimes on anything but noob difficulties.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So picking this up along Dead Space 3 has worked out for me on Amazon.

Had 50$ gift card, got DS 3 for 9.99. Got 20$ free credit. Getting Crysis 3 for 39.99, getting 20$ more credit, and a free Crysis 1. Will be able to snag Tomb Raider or something for 39.99. ...Prophet indeed!

scitek

Did I read earlier that pre-ordering through Origin nets you copies of both C1 and 2? I assume those are just added to your account and aren't separate keys, right?

Sethos

Banned
Did I read earlier that pre-ordering through Origin nets you copies of both C1 and 2? I assume those are just added to your account and aren't separate keys, right?

They are added to your account but I believe it was mentioned earlier, you don't get them until C3 releases, which is a terrible decision.

SoulClap

C1 and C2 if you get digital deluxe. C1 if you get the standard hunter edition.

Spazznid

I already have C1 and C2, so I'd hope they give keys, because then I'd be able to give them to a friend who is currently building a new PC...

scitek

I already have C1 and C2, so I'd hope they give keys, because then I'd be able to give them to a friend who is currently building a new PC...

Yeah I already own them, so I'd sell the keys if I could. Lol at them not adding til 3 releases. Origin sent me a $10 off coupon good toward anything in the store for my birthday, which is why I asked. Even though my birthday isn't until November.

Went GMG on this one with 7 bucks cash back (I don't use GMG that much so I chose it over 10 dollar credit). I hope I really like this game, 53 bucks for a PC game feels way too much these days.

~Kinggi~

Banned
News on this game has also been pretty quiet. EA ninjas must be hard at work. I know vids get taken down quickly and we dont have much other than that one review...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have a PC that can run crysis 2 on eg extreme, will it be about the same for crysis 3, or is it significantly more demanding?

pelican

I'm a tad bit worried about this games performance for me. The Beta test seems to run pretty decent.

i5 3570k
gigabyte 670
8GB mem

So probably on high, then?

Just tweak it and find your sweet spot. You have the same CPU as me. Have you overclocked it? Your 670 will hit 680 speeds easily too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I just played Crysis1 for the first time in a very long while.

Here's a shocker: Crysis is a 6 year old game. And boy does it feel like it. Its just.. clunky. I have a super high-end rig so it definitely looks nice. But theres a few very obvious things that feel off. First, the scale. YOU ARE TINY in this game. You're like 30 inches tall! I ran up to a pickup truck and it the bed of it was at shoulder height. After noticing this, it kinda ruined the whole sense of immersion for me. I started to notice that all the plants and ferns are GIGANTIC as well. The ENGRISH of the KPA jumped out at me tool. Something I did not notice when I played this game way back in 2008. This is possibly the worst part.

Finally, the combat is way less fun than I remember. Juggling between the different abilities is very cumbersome. I felt like a drunk trying to juggle or something. My memories of Crysis are basically me as the fucking predator phasing in and out of abilities at a rate so twitchy and hyper that to the observer I must have looked like a shape changing chameleon. In practice though you're more like an amnesiac wizard trying your damnedest to cast the right spell. Its suuuuuuuuuuuper frustrating. To top it off, theres just not enough ammo.

It's still viscerally impressive and uniquely Crysis. But not quite as monumentally amazing as I remember. Kind of a bummer.

Top Bottom