• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Of course they will. C3 was designed to run on old consoles, and therefore it still has many limitations that will be apparent even on the most strongest PC [number of enemies in each zone for example. their number and abilities will always be fixed bacause they need to be present in the same form on consoles].
Yet it still requires quite a bit of horsepower to run well on the PC.

Going to do a speedrun of Crysis 2 with Maldo's Mod. First time firing it up on the 670, as before I had to run it on X'fired 6950's.
Ha, i use to have dual R6950's as well and upgraded (or sidestepped) to a 670. Similar performance, no microstutter.

sp3000

Yet it still requires quite a bit of horsepower to run well on the PC.

That is only due to the graphics effects. The actual baseline of the levels in terms of physics, AI and number of enemies is still is at a lower target than Crysis 1 was.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That is only due to the graphics effects. The actual baseline of the levels in terms of physics, AI and number of enemies is still is at a lower target than Crysis 1 was.
Are you certain about that? Physics, yes, but the AI in Crysis was nothing special nor were enemies encountered in huge numbers.

sp3000

Are you certain about that? Physics, yes, but the AI in Crysis was nothing special nor were enemies encountered in huge numbers.

The AI may not have been anything special, but at least it worked unlike in Crysis 2 where it was literally the most broken AI I've seen in a while.

The enemy count was also very high in some levels. Some of the levels had over 50 enemies going after you at once, like the last part of the Relic level. It still brings down my FPS due to the sheer amount of stuff being fired at you.

Lima

The AI may not have been anything special, but at least it worked unlike in Crysis 2 where it was literally the most broken AI I've seen in a while.

Oh you mean the guys being able to spot you from 2km away while hiding in a bush?

Dacon

Banned
Fuck.

No way can my pc handle Crysis 3. Struggled with Crysis 2 on higher settings.

360 it is for me ;_;

Hypron

Whats Your config? Even Low setting will look better than 360 version.

Yep, and it runs decently well. I got around 45-50fps with everything on low and textures on high in the multiplayer beta, and my computer is pretty weak (Q6700, 3GB RAM, HD6770).

scitek

Whats Your config? Even Low setting will look better than 360 version.

And it'll run better when he gets another PC, and he won't have to pull out an Xbox 360 to play it past this fall if he gets a new console, etc. Many more positives with going PC, even if you have to play on Low.

scitek

People having serious rose-colored-lenses over Crysis 1.

People just get upset because of the ambition of the first game, and the streamlining of the series into a more formulaic shooter by comparison. You have to wonder, had Crytek kept Crysis 2 and 3 exclusive to the PC, just how much bigger and better-looking might the games have been? We could possibly have the only games to fully utilize all of the power a GTX 680 has available. On the other hand, I doubt they would've bothered with learning optimization like they had to in order to work with the consoles, so it's a little bit of a double-edged sword.

I don't own any of the games but would be interested in the Digital Deluxe edition on Origin. Though of course EU prices are thrown in my face (I don't live anywhere near the EU). Anyone ever used spotflux/other VPN to purchase from Origin?

legacyzero

Banned
where's the best PC DD deal I can get for this. I want to pre-order. It seems GMG is the only good one I can find, and that's only a $10 credit towards the next purchase.....

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
Easiest transition between titles(Crysis 2 to Crysis 3) multiplayer-wise. I was able to jump right into the beta and wreck shop; the mechanics and gameplay are nearly identical. I'm leaning more toward that being a good thing.

*This is where I'm supposed to bash Crysis 2 and over-romanticize Crysis*

Hey guys! Remember how you could run around in the Jungle in Crysis!? Man Crytek ruined Crysis 2 by making it so linear. Running through the Jungle was amazing. I just ran and ran and took in the landscape. Those side missions were amazing and I could run through the jungle to get to them. There were trees and leaves and streams and rocks. Those were the days right? It was more like a vacation then a game right! Running through the jungle... oh man... amazing.

<_<

>_>

DieH@rd

Banned
Few Maldo C2 shots recently posted on gaf:

iYYLegoZZxQ2t.png

iFfB43peYfdBO.png

62432812.jpg

:D

Sethos

Banned
Just messed around with the SDK, trying to open the Crysis 3 levels but apparently they either have a slightly modified structure or key files are missing ( Looks like the latter ) so it can't open them. Damn.

DieH@rd

Banned
WORD OF WARNING, Crysis 3 has been leaked for both Xbox 360 JTAG/RGH and PS3 CFW hacked consoles. Story spoilers are slowly coming out!!!! THREAD CAREFULLY ON THE WEB IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED.

DieH@rd

Banned
And not PC ?

How ironic.

Console discs have 100% of needed files on them, and therefore, when their ISO leaks, everyone with hacked console can start playing immediately.

PC preaload can off course be downloaded from torrent sites from the moment Origin opened the gates, but the EXE file will come out on release date.

DieH@rd

Banned
And company's keep blaming PC for the piracy. Console piracy is even bigger these days then PC.

Well, at least pool of cracked consoles is not growing. You cant buy new ps3 console now and hack it, as for x360 im not sure. Some models can, some cant.

jaaz

Maybe a stupid question, but what the hell happened to Nomad? Are they ever going to address it? Or did they and I missed it in the "cohesive" story of Crysis 2?

Top Bottom