• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, as there a whole bunch of elements that can't be discerned from a YouTube video. We know that the framerate is OK, but there's also IQ, texture/model quality, pop in, etc, that needs to be considered.

I was looking for pop in and didn't see any. It's at least improved from Crysis 2 in that regard. IQ should be better as well. It's using a better AA method and there won't be any ghosting.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Gat damnit EA, I won't be buying the 360 version until I see some footage and you keep taking it all down.

Grisby

Have finished first 4 missions, pretty damn fun. Sexy graphics (even on 360) and rad gunplay.
Normal seems like a cakewalk and story is nonsense but otherwise.. Fun! (50% done, 3 hours in btw). Played 3 hours of multi too. Really good, 100 times better framerate than the beta. A lot of shotgun/cloakers though :(.
All around, good buy.
Shit, I feel like I'm getting back on the train. Only 3 hours and halfway through? Crysis 2 was long and good.

Might try to scrounge some gift cards or credit to get this. I want some sexy graphics on my 360.

Damn, have to wait till the 21st to play this thing. Another issue is that the Sony conference is on the same day, 21st Feb 10.00am AEST. So I will have to rush out and buy it then watch the ps4 announcement. I will probably have it installing in the background.

aegies

I'm a stealth-mode type crysis player. My final game time was 26 minutes in armor mode, 2 hours and 57 minutes in stealth, and 4 hours and 8 minutes in "power," which is the default mode.

Also I killed 213 enemies with bows. So there's that.

RoKKeR

I'm a stealth-mode type crysis player. My final game time was 26 minutes in armor mode, 2 hours and 57 minutes in stealth, and 4 hours and 8 minutes in "power," which is the default mode.

Is the level design more open than C2?

Reiko

Banned

Did the performance meet your expectations on console?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlAMuCSGOI

Uh, this looks pretty good. I hope YT's compression isn't deceiving me.
This looks way more pleasing aestethically than the garbage shown in the trailers and mp maps.
Looks pretty good graphically too. (really shows that the mp is done by a different developer...)

Was this posted? Looks like PC gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AUMLaWkRU

AAAAnd this looks like garbage again.

Why does every outdoor level look so unappealing.

I had to watch both muted though, the voice acting writing and hoorah 'mericuh dudebro bald marine crap make me want to gouge my eardrums, that british accent bald marine is even more annoying.

RoKKeR

Not paying full price for this game. That campaign length is abhorrent, especially coming off of Crysis 2 which had a pretty decent length for an FPS.

sp3000

Not paying full price for this game. That campaign length is abhorrent, especially coming off of Crysis 2 which had a pretty decent length for an FPS.

It's a complete joke.

Hope people don't support this sort of practice. 5 hours is an expansion pack. That's what Warhead was, and back then Crytek had the proper sense to charge 30.

Obviously, they think they can get away with selling an expansion pack for full price.

RoKKeR

It's a complete joke.

Hope people don't support this sort of practice. 5 hours is an expansion pack. That's what Warhead was, and back then Crytek had the proper sense to charge 30.

Obviously, they think they can get away with selling an expansion pack for full price.
I usually think you're overly critical of things, but I totally agree here. I was actually looking forward to this game but the length has absolutely killed any excitement I had. Paying $60 for a 5 hour campaign and an alright multiplayer? I'll pass.

strata8

It's a complete joke.

I wish they'd just cut out their nonsensical complex story and go with something basic like the original Crysis games. After watching the videos it seems like they spent too much time creating mini-cinematics and not enough time building new levels.

Cimenatics are expensive as hell. If they're going to add some occasionally to drive the story (like Crysis did), that's fine, but they shouldn't sacrifice game length in an attempt to create an 'experience'.

Lima

If that 5 hours are a fantastic experience then I will happily support that with my Day 1 purchase at full price. I hate long games (makes my backlog bigger than I would like)

sp3000

If that 5 hours are a fantastic experience then I will happily support that with my Day 1 purchase at full price. I hate long games (makes my backlog bigger than I would like)

I also dislike padding in games. That's not really the issue here though.

Both Crysis 1 and 2 had a 15 hour campaign, or a few hours less if you played on a lower difficulty. They were also excellent the whole way through. Crytek is capable of making a long campaign that plays well. It's just in this case they obviously don't want to.

Lima

My first playthrough of C2 on Veteran took me a little over 10 hours and it had some sections where I thought "yeah they could have cut this out and it still would have been a great shooter".

I even got most collectibles in that playthrough. C1 was longer yeah but that was due to the nature of the semi open-world approach with the levels.

Hypron

Fuckin wall hacks? Spotting through the wall? Blaaahh
That better be easy mode. All of the handholding in this video is very off-putting. They even outline where ammo is....
Jesus Crysis...ever heard of the word exploration?

Wasn't there also something like this in Crysis 2? The nano vision or some shit like that. I wouldn't know, I've never used it.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wasn't there also something like this in Crysis 2? The nano vision or some shit like that. I wouldn't know, I've never used it.

I dont know either. I couldnt make it all the way through that shitty game.
This looks to be more of the same rather than the promised "more like crysis 1" they like
to spew out just to get idiots like me, who believes them, interested again....only for us to see gameplay
footages like these.

It's still a boring corridor shooter but with a few more corridors to
corridor in.

scitek

Fuckin wall hacks? Spotting through the wall? Blaaahh
That better be easy mode. All of the handholding in this video is very off-putting. They even outline where ammo is....
Jesus Crysis...ever heard of the word exploration?

Well, I'm turning the HUD off, so none of that will be a factor.

Top Bottom