• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

strata8

That link does not work (on Firefox). External download program also does not grab it.

It must've expired (if it even worked for anyone else at all). I downloaded the video so here's a GIF for consolation:

grass.gif

Crytek's amazing AI navigation tech at work here obviously.

codhand

I dont know either. I couldnt make it all the way through that shitty game.
This looks to be more of the same rather than the promised "more like crysis 1" they like
to spew out just to get idiots like me, who believes them, interested again....only for us to see gameplay
footages like these.

It's still a boring corridor shooter but with a few more corridors to
corridor in.

this post is boring & so shitty i couldnt make it through reading it

Eideka

Banned
Same here with a 3770 and a GTX670, 40-50fps with everything maxed + 2xFSAA.

Still looks nice, but definitely shows its age sometimes. The faces still manage to impress me.

Finished five or six missions. Feels like the game is about to end soon. I don't lnow why but no matter what i try i cant like this game. Maybe its performance (frame rate) maybe the setting and the main character, i just dont know. Anyway pros and cons:

+ Outstanding graphics
+ Art design is better than the first and the second games
+ Better design of suit abilities, power kick or sprinting doesnt drains suit energy.

- Gunplay is not good enough for me (in comparision i find Killzone, Rage and MW3 s gunplay excellent to very good)
- Story sucks ( as every gamer and their dogs can guess)
- Frame rate is very low on some scenes
- Enemy animations are a little too rough.

Zeth

I'm mostly pumped for multiplayer. If the campaign turns out to be another fantastic walking simulator and screenshot resource with Maldo's help, that's a bonus!

Finished five or six missions. Feels like the game is about to end soon. I don't lnow why but no matter what i try i cant like this game. Maybe its performance (frame rate) maybe the setting and the main character, i just dont know. Anyway pros and cons:

+ Outstanding graphics
+ Better design of suit abilities, power kick or sprinting doesnt drains suit energy.

- Gunplay is not good enough for me (in comparision i find Killzone, Rage and MW3 s gunplay excellent to very good)

Console?

I'm really tempted to pick this up on 360, but I have a feeling we're going to see a GOTY edition this fall on the next gen consols that's gonna look and run a whole lot smoother.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh thank god, if you are going to nerf the shit out of the "super" sprint it shouldn't use up energy. It's too bad they didn't just patch that in C2.

Lima

I'm mostly pumped for multiplayer. If the campaign turns out to be another fantastic walking simulator and screenshot resource with Maldo's help, that's a bonus!

Kind of surprising to see people excited for the multiplayer. I couldn't give two shits about and just gonna play it for the achievements and never touch it again after.

i-Lo

If you look into the distance objects like buildings are of very low fidelity (reminded me of RAGE on consoles), there are no real time water caustics and there is quite a bit of LOD pop-ins. It also helps to have a grass block visibility. All that said however, it looks almost like a generational leap from the beta and in each frame the fidelity is mighty impressive. I am thoroughly impressed at how Psycho's skin shader make him look nearly identical to the PC version. It is better than most games out there today. My faith in Crytek's statement about them pushing this gen's consoles to their limits like no other has been restored significantly.

Prior to seeing this, if someone here had said that what I just saw less the graphical issues (pop in, draw distance etc) would be the example of next gen games, I would have, in all likelihood, believed it. But now, my expectations suddenly jumped a notch.

strafer

+ Outstanding graphics

Thank you based Crytek.

KKRT00

youtube compression. Even the PS3 version of Crysis 2 looked good in videos, then looked awful on a big hdtv. Same thing will happen here.

Youtube compression affects only image quality, but tech is the same and tech is whats mighty impressive here.

BTW some, a little downscaled, shots from Xbox 360

1921681101image16.png

1921681100image2.png

1921681100image4.png

1921681100image6.png

1921681100image12.png

Ps. I hate that new blue background on my posts.

Looks good, although lighting seems a bit drab to me in that video. I was thinking of waiting this out until next gen, but given the campaign length I am not sure I will bother. Still it is a pretty good approximation of what is on PC. I dont think people can doubt now that we will se more impressive things than this on next consoles to be honest. The game looks stunning on PC, but it still has been designed with current consoles in mind.

strata8

youtube compression. Even the PS3 version of Crysis 2 looked good in video, then looked awful on a big hdtv. Same thing will happen here.

You're right about the question mark surrounding the IQ, but your certainty about how it's really going to look awful is a bit unfounded.

Zemm

You're right about the question mark surrounding the IQ, but your certainty about how it's really going to look awful is a bit unfounded.

I saw these exact (literally) same posts the few weeks prior to Crysis 2 being released, youtube/gifs really do hide all of the IQ problems. I'm sure people will be in here after the game releases talking about how bad it looks on their PS3/maybe xbox. Just like they did with C2. I've played the beta on PS3 and it looked awful, I played C2 on PS3 and it looked awful, I highly doubt anything will change for this game.

strata8

Youtube compression affects only image quality, but tech is the same and tech is whats mighty impressive here.

BTW some a little downscaled shots from X0

Ps. I hate that new blue background on my posts.

Did you mean to say X360? Where did you find those?

strata8

Yep Xbox360, i found them reposted on one board, but dont know origins of them.

Well, colour me impressed, because the IQ really seems pretty decent.

And I mean, this shot?

I've never seen grass that dense on a PC game, much less a console game. That's just insane, and I really want to know how they're doing it.

And I mean, this shot?

I've never seen grass that dense on a PC game, much less a console game. That's just insane, and I really want to know how they're doing it.

There are scenes where the grass is much more dense in the areas that are really big.

And I mean, this shot?

The quality of the vegetation though is of noticibly lower quality than on PC.

sertopico

The only bad thing I noticed in these console videos is the total absence of dynamic shadows in interiors. It makes everything incredibly flat.

Eideka

Banned
For those who aren't following him, Arthur from Polygon.com tweeted this......

(@aegies)
Crysis 3 in-game on pc looks better than pretty much every game's prerendered cg, with the possible exception of halo 4.
(https://twitter.com/aegies/status/303020241582178304)

Halo 4 had pre-rendered videos ? I thought all cutscenes were in-game.

Performance wise Crysis 3 is shaping up to murder any single GPU, this guy has a 7970 and I can't imagine he is getting 60fps maxed out + AA.
I will be fine with 30fps with everything cranked to max and FXAA/SMAA.

Top Bottom