• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Can we stop with this bullshit? Its not true.

If You really think its bad, tell us what do You except from AI more, because i cant think about one think i would add [except reaction to water ripples].

It is true, I just got to the nano dome. On the bridge, I was found myself sitting right by an enemy soldier and he wasn't doing anything at all, just crouching like a moron, when I was right behind me. And in general, the AI was behaving stupidly during that firefight.

The game is fucking bad, I only bought it cause I beat Crysis 1 for the ninth time recently. What a waste of $60

Zemm

There's only one part I didn't really like so far,
the buggy chapter straight from HL2. Atleast it wasn't very long.

The game is pretty good though, I don't really understand how people can think this is worse than C2, it's a much better game for me. There needs to be more enemies in the big levels though, it's weird how huge some of these levels are but there are big stretches with no enemies. It's not like the game is doing that to build tension or whatever, it feels like there should be enemies but they aren't spawning for some reason.

scitek

There's been a lot of average to slightly-above-average games released lately. Maybe Bioshock will alleviate that. (I have no interest in Tomb Raider.)

Grisby

p2Ydr.gif
If only Weird Al was in this game.

kamspy

I've got >40 hours in Crysis 2 single player. I can basically play it once a month and never wipe the grin off my face. You can probably double that number for C1 and Warhead.

I finally got this game downloading from Origin.

How stoked should I be?

dsk1210

I've got >40 hours in Crysis 2 single player. I can basically play it once a month and never wipe the grin off my face. You can probably double that number for C1 and Warhead.

I finally got this game downloading from Origin.

How stoked should I be?

You will enjoy it man.

Its not as good as crysis 1, but much better than crysis 2 for me.

KKRT00

It is true, I just got to the nano dome. On the bridge, I was found myself sitting right by an enemy soldier and he wasn't doing anything at all, just crouching like a moron, when I was right behind me. And in general, the AI was behaving stupidly during that firefight.

The game is fucking bad, I only bought it cause I beat Crysis 1 for the ninth time recently. What a waste of $60

So You are bashing AI for one minute long scripted section [there are maybe 6-7 CELL soldiers there ...], instead of sandbox environment? Are You kidding me?

I would make video AI behaviors, but Total Biscuit preview covers that for me, basically. Just watch 10 minutes of that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIoUelM-4pk&feature=player_detailpage#t=614s

Danj

This might be a silly question, but is there any kind of demo or benchmark or something I can use to find out if this game will actually run on my PC before I go splashing out on the full version?

The only AI that's remotely competent or interesting is the Stalker AI, and even they seem to prioritize running around for no real reason over actually attacking me.

The only AI that's remotely competent or interesting is the Stalker AI, and even they seem to prioritize running around for no real reason over actually attacking me.

How is it this bad? I don't even remember Crysis 2 being this terrible in sections. I am watching people running in the opposite direction and then just stopping and standing there when I am shooting at them.

How is it this bad? I don't even remember Crysis 2 being this terrible in sections. I am watching people running in the opposite direction and then just stopping and standing there when I am shooting at them.

It was pretty bad in Crysis 2 as well, I just think it's more transparent in 3 thanks to the more open levels. In Crysis 2's opening level in the park, I pretty much always find guys not doing anything or walking in the opposite direction.

It was pretty bad in Crysis 2 as well, I just think it's more transparent in 3 thanks to the more open levels. In Crysis 2's opening level in the park, I pretty much always find guys not doing anything or walking in the opposite direction.

Thats a good point. The levels being constrained probably helped a lot in Crysis2

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I always loved the attention to detail of the guns in the crysis games.

You can literally make out the tiny text ( granted the OG screen is a 4k shot but still the detail is there ) on the iron sights saying 'Manufactured by LAND&LINDNER (c) 2028'

crysis32013-02-2212-5yjrfm.png

crysis32013-02-2212-5f4rku.png

mr_nothin

Banned

You can literally make out the tiny text ( granted the OG screen is a 4k shot but still the detail is there ) on the iron sights saying 'Manufactured by LAND&LINDNER (c) 2028'

crysis32013-02-2212-5yjrfm.png

crysis32013-02-2212-5f4rku.png

I was about to ask how the fuck did you get your IQ so high but then I saw it was a 4k shot.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Look at that fucking lighting. So goddamn impressive. Global illumination forever.

Port Crysis into this engine now.

Eideka

Banned
Those shots further cement my belief that KZ Shadow Fall is not a generational leap over that by any stretch of the imagination.

It's quite an achievement for Crytek to rival a game aimed purely at next-gen.

bitoriginal

Interested in getting this, but the one thing that annoyed me about Crysis 2 was the enemy ai. I felt like despite having a silenced sniper rifle and being miles away from my enemies, the instant I killed someone every red dot in the area instantly zoomed in on me and started shooting.

Have they improved enemy ai is this just a trademark of the cyrsis franchise?

Interested in getting this, but the one thing that annoyed me about Crysis 2 was the enemy ai. I felt like despite having a silenced sniper rifle and being miles away from my enemies, the instant I killed someone every red dot in the area instantly zoomed in on me and started shooting.

The AI is better than Crysis 2, but it still has aimbot assistance, I am playing on superhuman difficulty and they keep tossing the nades (the anti suit nade btw) right by me every fucking time

If you're cloaked while you take the shot you'll be fine. Haven't sniped without being cloaked unless having already been spotted and in actual combat so I can't tell you if it's an automatic reaction if you shoot while not cloaked.

nOoblet16

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis32013-02-2212-5yjrfm.png

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis32013-02-2212-5f4rku.png

I think it's useless to have something that minute because one, you need to have a really high resolution to even know that there's something there and two the texture themselves look out of place and don't fit well with the surface it's on. It doesn't look like it's engraved on the metal nor does it looks like it's painted on top of that surface, but I doubt it eats up any performance at all. The text on the side though are a different thing altogether.

Sethos

Banned
I think it's useless to have something that minute because one, you need to have a really high resolution to even know that there's something there and two the texture themselves look out of place and don't fit well with the surface it's on. It doesn't look like it's engraved on the metal nor does it looks like it's painted on top of that surface, but I doubt it eats up any performance at all. The text on the side though are a different thing altogether.

No, it's not useless.

nOoblet16

No, it's not useless.
Explain why then...the only way one would ever make those details out is if you play at 4k and blow up the image. Cause you're only kidding yourself if you think you can read those texts on the sights at the far end the one directly below the sights (I'm not talking about the ones on the side of the guns). In my opinion what's not noticeable doesn't needs excessive attention, as I said it's not like it'll cost any performance or anything but the whole thing about having excessive detail in places where people cannot practically appreciate it under normal circumstances is what I don't get.

Sethos

Banned
Explain why then...the only way one would ever make those details out is if you play at 4k and blow up the image. Cause you're only kidding yourself if you think you can read those texts on the sights otherwise (I'm not talking about the ones on the side of the guns)

Because I am playing at high resolutions and I enjoy those details, just because your 1080p monitor isn't cut out for doesn't mean you have to take over the enjoyment from the rest of us.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
lovely

how can you hide the menu?

Don't know if this is ubiquitous throughout the game menus but pressing escape and going in and out of menus will remove the customization overlay for a split second.

Top Bottom