• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Zemm

The game looks so much better without a hud cluttering things up, but I need atleast some way to see my stealth/armor level :(

KKRT00

wait, you finally upgraded to a 16:9 monitor? :p

Nope, just 1280x1024 on Youtube sux ass, so i'm force to record and upload it that way :) But it will happen sooner than later :)

After seeing you vid I can't help but think : "how great is Crysis gameplay and how fun it is!".

Honestly, in what FPS can you do such technical, badass, skill related tactics and movement such as this? Ok the enemies are kinda dumb and easy to beat but you still get to do stuff and have fun. It's not like you're sniping them and they don't see you without you moving.

Its not that they are stupid, they just lack other abilities and are slow as fuck. I'm actually wondering if they are slow, because of pad controls. They should be very fast, like 3-4 time faster and they should be supported by stalkers and normal cephs and that would be challenging as hell.
But with their current skill set, they havent damaged me once and that was my first try.

Man, browsing through your channel and I bumped into your Dishonored video, I still didn't play it, but I didn't know it allowed for some Crysis-like bullshit, now I can't wait to play it! Would you recommend using k+m or controller? Do you know any more good videos? Every one I watched was boring.
I play on mouse and keyboard, for me pad is only for racing games, fighting games and something like HAWX. I just need fast control scheme and playing 1st or 3rd [those less] on pad feel to me like, You need to fight with Your controls all the time, instead of aiming and moving.
Official video with compilation of good players compiled by Arcane is awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Kf3oBu7MRY
Game is awesome, with amazing lore [i've spent like 5h just reading books and notes there], but my video was based on not using slow/stop motion skill, because it makes fights too easy :) Unfortunately jumping on 'watch' guys without slow motion is bugged sometimes and i cant always execute one hit-kill. I think that video was made on highest or almost highest difficulty level.

Ps. God, i've just noticed that there are teamspeak sounds on scorchers video lol, sorry

scitek

The game looks so much better without a hud cluttering things up, but I need atleast some way to see my stealth/armor level :(

The game is immensely better without knowing how much suit power/ammo you have left IMO. No HUD is the only way to go.

Gbraga

I play on mouse and keyboard, for me pad is only for racing games, fighting games and something like HAWX. I just need fast control scheme and playing 1st or 3rd [those less] on pad feel for me like You need to fight with Your controls all the time, instead of aiming and moving.
Official video with compilation of good players compiled by Arcane is awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Kf3oBu7MRY
Game is awesome, with amazing lore [i've spent like 5h just reading books and notes there], but my video was based on not using slow/stop motion skill, because it makes fights too easy :) Unfortunately jumping on 'watch' guys without slow motion is bugged sometimes and i cant always execute one hit-kill. I think that video was made on highest or almost highest difficulty level.

Ps. God, i've just noticed that there are teamspeak sounds on scorchers video lol, sorry

Nice, thanks!

Too bad the game punishes you for being godlike with a bad ending.

Moff

I just noticed that you can even fire a few shots witth silenced weapons witthout breaking stealth, just if you thought the game wasnt easy enough yet...

oh but you can cut down some trees in crysis 3

I still enjoy the game on my second playthrough on 3d, though. its not like you can just run through. as easy as the game is if you plan your moves and advance carefully, you need to be aware of enemies and enivorment, our you will reload a lot.

but the game is great fun, there are always so many different approaches you can take, and the new stuff like hacking and the many alien weapons are a great addition to the franchise (the scorcher weapon is so awesome)
I dont feel that bad about the big and empty levels anymore either, it just feels like a real crysis.

Gbraga

I just noticed that you can even fire a few shots witth silenced weapons witthout breaking stealth, just if you thought the game wasnt easy enough yet...

oh but you can cut down some trees in crysis 3

I still enjoy the game on my second playthrough on 3d, though. its not like you can just run through. as easy as the game is if you plan your moves and advance carefully, you need to be aware of enemies and enivorment, our you will reload a lot.

but the game is great fun, there are always so many different approaches you can take, and the new stuff like hacking and the many alien weapons are a great addition to the franchise (the scorcher weapon is so awesome)
I dont feel that bad about the big and empty levels anymore either, it just feels like a real crysis.
Is there a quick reload button?

this is by far the worst fps i have bought at full price. i really feel bad about paying $60 for this pos. i am on my mobile so i cant express myself fully, but man crytek are so overhyped. and the ai in this game is so fucking bad

Grisby

Hunter mode is pretty damn awesome. Granted it's zombies or whatever but it still feels pretty cool. Hearing the ping go off when a nanosuit dude is hunting you is pretty damn nerve wracking and reminds me of the Alien sonar.

Also, I rocked the shotgun in C2 MP but I'm finding it to be useless here. Everyone is tearing me up with automatic weapons.

x-Lundz-x

Anyone with sound stuttering on Xbox 360?

Redbox rental here. Bland story, great graphics. Godly bow

Yes my sound stutters constantly. Also I have a massive bug in my game (360) where my ammo on any type of scarab is totally fucked up. Basically my ammo counter is in red, and it tells me I have negative rounds remaining lol. Sometimes it shows me having infinite ammo with infinity symbols yet no ammo. It has been like this since the second level and its making me want to quit the game. This game was rushed and I can't believe it went through certification. My buddy has had similar ammo issues happen to him. Has this happened to anyone else?

NBtoaster

Can't say I like it as much as Crysis 2 at the moment. Main things annoying me are the mostly unreadable minimap, convoluted upgrade system, and being unable to get a good balance of performance and visuals on a 570. Hacking minigame is a bit dumb too.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Can we stop with this bullshit? Its not true.

If You really think its bad, tell us what do You except from AI more, because i cant think about one think i would add [except reaction to water ripples].

As much as I enjoyed this game even I have to say the AI isn't very good. I played on the difficulty just under super extreme hard mode or whatever it is and wow, was it easy.

On the dam level I sat in a room around a corner as each Cell guy filed in one at a time as I shot them in the head. In some other parts of the game I was able to just walk past enemies if I didn't feel like fighting.

There were definitely some cool moments but I rarely felt stressed or in danger like I did in Crysis 1 on Delta, which I played right before getting Crysis 3.

KKRT00

As much as I enjoyed this game even I have to say the AI isn't very good. I played on the difficulty just under super extreme hard mode or whatever it is and wow, was it easy.

On the dam level I sat in a room around a corner as each Cell guy filed in one at a time as I shot them in the head. In some other parts of the game I was able to just walk past enemies if I didn't feel like fighting.

There were definitely some cool moments but I rarely felt stressed or in danger like I did in Crysis 1 on Delta, which I played right before getting Crysis 3.
Now tell me that You havent done that in cloak.

R1CHO

Everything about this game screams half-assed and on-rails tech demo. Fuck it looks good though.

How is that?

I understand that if you were talking about Battlefield 3 campaign, or even about call of whatever, but here?

Yep, the game is not an open world sandbox, but on rails?

Gbraga

I'm playing in the hardest difficulty and it isn't really hard, no, but I think it's harder than Crysis 1 Delta.

It's difficult to make a game where you're so strong and have so many options to be actually hard without being cheap or taking away the fun of the sandbox combat.

I'd rather have Crysis being easy forever than streamlining it even more.

JayDub

Halo has always been my FPS fav, this now tops it.

Also, havent played SP yet, but was it explained how foliage completely took over NY? Or how the cars and buildings are so deteriorated? That takes decades if not more..

How long was this from 2?

R1CHO

Halo has always been my FPS fav, this now tops it.

Also, havent played SP yet, but was it explained how foliage completely took over NY? Or how the cars and buildings are so deteriorated? That takes decades if not more..

How long was this from 2?

Looks like 24 years.

All the games AI tends to lend itself to being abusable given the level design and the suit functions. I think that is kinda how crysis works.

It shines its best though when you have a hard time abusing the AI due to some of these constraints.

You have the freedom to act.. but the AI in combo with the level design is a challenge back at you...

Gbraga

I like the bow, specially the shock arrows, it feels really good to kill a group of people shooting the water.

Also, just played a couple of multiplayer matches, this game's MP is really fun, and the netcode seems a lot better than the beta.

No no no.

Crysis 3 is easy as hell. Mainly because there are so few enemies at any given time.

Maybe, but Crysis 1 is also easy as hell on Delta...

ss_lemonade

Not that I don't believe you but which level? I've beaten MP1 3 times and cannot remember any levels with water in it (Phendrana Drifts?)
There was water at the very beginning of mp1, with ripple effects. If you played the trilogy though on the wii, some effects were missing including the water ripples.

TTG

Finished the first level, playing on the ps3, the visuals were insufferable. Usually, fist person shooters work very hard at clearly defining enemies on screen, using visual cues to alert the player of their actions. Same goes with major geometry and other shit that I never noticed, until now. It combines for a nice effect, after some initial exploration, the player feels like he has a good understanding of the battle field and where the enemy forces are coming from.

That level had none of that. For starters, the monochrome color palate and a million effects made it blindingly difficult to see past about 20 feet of the camera. You can't really differentiate shapes out of the periphery or at a glance, enemies come pouring out of doors that open at seemingly random points on the map. The frame rate compounds the problem... You're left marking every enemy with that tool(nano vision?) or running around until a bad guy is almost exactly in your line of sight, or both.

Anyway, hopefully that's the end of that now that I'm in sunny NYC. It's like playing a shooter from inside a snow globe, with the lights out.

-SD-

Banned
Was there a time warp/rip in the game that sprouted and spread a few dozens of KPA soldiers from Crysis 1 all over a big and grassy daylight level?

Because, you know... that would've been cool as heck.

Moff

No no no.

Crysis 3 is easy as hell. Mainly because there are so few enemies at any given time.
are you sure about that? in most areas, IF there are enemies, there are quite many, especially after they get reinforcements. I would daresay crysis 1 had fewer, but maybe they had a tank or a jeep with a machinegun.

what makes crysis 3 so easy is that you can fire weapons out of stealth, not only the bow but also silenced weapons. but as others had said, all three crysis games where very easy, even on the hardest difficulty. the nano suit is just too strong. I dont care though as long as you cant just run through, all three games might be easy, but you need to do it right, plan your moves and advance carefully.

Gbraga

are you sure about that? in most areas, IF there are enemies, there are quite many, especially after they get reinforcements. I would daresay crysis 1 had fewer, but maybe they had a tank or a jeep with a machinegun.

what makes crysis 3 so easy is that you can fire weapons out of stealth, not only the bow but also silenced weapons. but as others had said, all three crysis games where very easy, even on the hardest difficulty. the nano suit is just too strong. I dont care though as long as you cant just run through, all three games might be easy, but you need to do it right, plan your moves and advance carefully.

I also think that there are more enemies than 1 so far, maybe they just add a whole lot more in the Post Human difficulty?

And I didn't even know that you can fire weapons while in cloak mode, I'm so used to fast switching... That's lame.

And you're also correct in the end, you can't just run and gun your way through Delta, so basically it's easy because you're playing correctly, which is ok if you ask me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished. Probably my least favourite of the four Crysis games, even though the setting had potential to be my most favourite. There's plenty of good ideas there in all areas of design, but I don't think they came together well at all.

cheezcake

Story was very lacking, dialogue was mediocre as well.

But honestly I had a lot more fun with the gameplay than I expected to have considering the reviews I've read.

Not too mention that the general art direction was great, I mean everywhere you look there just seemed to be very meticulously crafted, great looking art assets, especially in the later levels. Dem graphics just made it pop even more.

Finished. Probably my least favourite of the four Crysis games, even though the setting had potential to be my most favourite. There's plenty of good ideas there in all areas of design, but I don't think they came together well at all.

You would not put it above c2? That i find surprising... C2 seems like one of the biggest steps away from why Crysis "should" be.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You would not put it above c2? That i find surprising... C2 seems like one of the biggest steps away from why Crysis "should" be.

I'm not really judging it as a "Crysis" game but instead how much fun I had with it. All three (or four even) Crysis games do their own thing, but I had more fun overall with Crysis 2 than I did 3.

Holden

p2Ydr.gif

Top Bottom