• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Lima

And now that I have finally managed to beat the boss and see the ending, I didn't get my achievement for beating it on Supersoldier.

Seriously Crytek? The same glitch that you had in Crysis 2 and never bothered to fix? And you just put it in your new game too? I'm at a loss for words.

This fucking game man...

ha_ha_ha_oh_wow6tu22.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
And now that I have finally managed to beat the boss and see the ending, I didn't get my achievement for beating it on Supersoldier.

Seriously Crytek? The same glitch that you had in Crysis 2 and never bothered to fix? And you just put it in your new game too? I'm at a loss for words.

This fucking game man...
Well, at least they seem to have finally solved the refresh rate bug on the PC. Took them long enough...

dark10x

yea you are right, I was using the intelligent color mode for it. BTW are you playing at 30 FPS locked or 60 FPS?
30 FPS locked.

Some of the effects don't look great at 60 fps and I don't have to worry about drops. Plus, I can actually use a higher resolution with downsampling for even better image quality. I'd love 60 fps but it requires a lot of sacrifices to reach it. The motion blur is good enough that 30 fps is still great looking.

Make sure you use the half v-sync option.

30 FPS locked.

Some of the effects don't look great at 60 fps and I don't have to worry about drops. Plus, I can actually use a higher resolution with downsampling for even better image quality. I'd love 60 fps but it requires a lot of sacrifices to reach it. The motion blur is good enough that 30 fps is still great looking.

Make sure you use the half v-sync option.

how do I enable the half v-sync option? thanks

edit I have an AMD card (7970)

Z3M0G

I assume this is known about?

http://kotaku.com/5986908/ah-so-thats-why-crysis-3s-first-level-is-so-bad

If you've played Crysis 3 on the PC, you've probably noticed that the first level, even on a powerful system, chugs. Badly. It gets you off on the wrong foot with the game, because you start worrying more about hardware than the experience, and that sucks.
Stick with it, though;
bizarrely, as the first level's tight corridors open up into vast expanses of a ruined New York, Crysis 3 runs a lot smoother. Which doesn't make sense, seeing as it should be the other way around.
This weird scenario has a weird solution, though: it's all to do with ropes. Yup. Ropes.
Modder MaLDoHD, who has done some very fancy work on Crysis 2, discovered that, for whatever reason, the ropes used in the level to hold up cargo containers are cutting people's framerates in half.
When the ropes are stationary, everything's fine and dandy at 60fps. If they move in the wind or are shot at, though, things can drop to under 40fps (that's the rate recorded by MaLDoHD... for me, it was much, much lower).
Strange, yes, and currently without a fix, but at least now you know it's the game's fault, and not that of your hardware.

Edit, nm, yup

Rope fix, rope fix, rope fix, please let it be a rope fix.

dark10x

how do I enable the half v-sync option? thanks

edit I have an AMD card (7970)
Ah, an AMD card. Hmmm...I'm not sure then.

There should be a way to limit the framerate from within Crysis 3 *BUT* I don't know if it will provide a consistent experience. Most software framerate limiting solutions add a lot of additional microstutter to the mix eliminating the purpose of limiting in the first place. Only the half refresh option has really delivered the consistency I'm looking for.

I seem to recall such an option being available for AMD cards using Radeon Pro but I'm not certain what it's called.

Edit - Ah, seems you've found it. Good deal. I knew it was there somewhere.

Nizz

Dude don't even start giving me that shit. The slim 360 is perfectly fine. Go and take a look around the internet. The game has sound dropouts, lots of them. The freezing is worse though. There are a whole bunch of people who can't see the ending because the game ALWAYS freezes after defeating the last boss.
I'm having similar issues on PS3. Sound cutting out, and just last night it looks like I ran into a save glitch. During the
alien cave
section, as Prophet
goes to each alien mini-tower to destroy them
as I get to a third one I died after that and when I reloaded the game I end up stuck
inside the tower I just destroyed, inside a column
with no way to get out.

Needless to say I may have to play that part through all over again. :/ That thought isn't too exciting to me since I haven't really been enjoying that level too much. As a whole, I haven't honestly been digging this game as much as the first two Crysis games.

Jackpot

Banned
Heh...

Never post on forums while in a bad mood. I've done that mistake before. You're just going to make a fool out of yourself. Like you just did.

It did read like you were trying to deflect the game's issues on to him having an "inferior" 360 sku.

reson8or

Ya that was rather confusing

I just assume he kinda transformed into some new nanosuit being since they show him cloak at the end. Also you see weird honeycomb style patterns on his face. So maybe the suit just took his human form. I did like the fact that they put him at the beach from the first game.

it is said somwehere in the last few hours that the suit has indeed evolved to a point where it can take any form it desires. and prophet of course chose his old body, and not alcatraz

The nanosuit can let him be what ever he wants to be. That's what was special about Prophet IIRC. His appearance was being rendered by the suit.

Regarding the spoilers above about the ending:

They explain it when Prophet is in space that the nanomachines in his suit can change to take any form. So they changed from the 'suit' look to make him look like his human self again. He still has all the powers of the suit but the suit is what is making him look human not the meat underneath.

Thanks all, that little bit of exposition goes a long way, I overlooked it.

Much appreciated!

I'm about 3/4ths of the way though and "The Alpha Ceph!" is now the "Where are my dragons?!" of the video game world. Take it down a notch, Prophet.

dark10x

I'm about 3/4ths of the way though and "The Alpha Ceph!" is now the "Where are my dragons?!" of the video game world. Take it down a notch, Prophet.
They should have pulled Michael Ironside into the game to grumble about the Alpha Ceph for the whole game.

The last area of the game has quite a bit of this within a short period, found it rather amusing.

Can someone explain to me what was up with
Sith Lord Rasch
? Seemed to come out of no where and I still have no clue what happened.

Remmy2112

The last area of the game has quite a bit of this within a short period, found it rather amusing.

Can someone explain to me what was up with
Sith Lord Rasch
? Seemed to come out of no where and I still have no clue what happened.

My guess is
he is in a nanosuit like Prophet's which "evolved" to resemble his actual body. Rasch was alive in 1908, being part of an expedition along with Hargreave and a ancestor of Nathan Gould to the site of the Tunguska event. Gould and Rasch were seriously injured forcing Hargreave to carry them both to civilization, and together they founded the Hargreave-Rasch corporation to reverse engineer Ceph technology. Hargreave put himself into suspended animation, designing the nanosuit prototype, nanosuit 1.0 (Crysis 1 nanosuits), and finally nanosuit 2.0 (Prophet's suit). It's never really explained how Rasch got his own, nor how he evolved it, but it is the only reason I can think of for why he's still alive in 2047 when he should be around 170-200 years old.

As for the rest he was possessed by the Alpha Ceph and forced to turn on you.

KKRT00

Why hasn't DF posted their face off of this yet??! I'm pissed! What's the major differences between the 360/PS3? Is it the same as Crysis 2?

I hope, its because they are working on a special article. I also hope that they will make PC only features run-through with examples.

Because they couldn't get it to run on their shit rig despite the clear minimum requirements probably.

So I'm assuming people are having trouble running the game based on the minimum requirements posted on the box?

I hope, its because they are working on a special article. I also hope that they will make PC only features run-through with examples.

Gotcha. So from people's impressions on here, whats the main differences between the 360/PS3 versions?

reson8or

My guess is
he is in a nanosuit like Prophet's which "evolved" to resemble his actual body. Rasch was alive in 1908, being part of an expedition along with Hargreave and a ancestor of Nathan Gould to the site of the Tunguska event. Gould and Rasch were seriously injured forcing Hargreave to carry them both to civilization, and together they founded the Hargreave-Rasch corporation to reverse engineer Ceph technology. Hargreave put himself into suspended animation, designing the nanosuit prototype, nanosuit 1.0 (Crysis 1 nanosuits), and finally nanosuit 2.0 (Prophet's suit). It's never really explained how Rasch got his own, nor how he evolved it, but it is the only reason I can think of for why he's still alive in 2047 when he should be around 170-200 years old.

As for the rest he was possessed by the Alpha Ceph and forced to turn on you.

I saw it basically the same way except
I thought Rasch infused Ceph DNA into himself, no suit.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Playing this game on a controller on all vry high settings. I have to have vsynch turned off and AA set to 1x but the frame rate is very good on my i7/gtx680. It looks pretty incredible, but I really wish it didn't go out of focus when you take damage. It's such bullshit.

Pretty alright game, some weird scripting issues and atrocious story and dialogue, but the methodical pace of the gameplay is pretty fun. It's like a solid "6.5" the setting is very cool, it's just such a shame the game is so embarrassingly stupid.

Eideka

Banned
Right, I just finished it. 8.30 hours total, veteran difficulty, enough challenge to keep me interested but unfortunately this is not a masterpiece by any stretch.

A very solid game, with its fair share of highlights, enjoyable but somewhat forgettable in the end. I'm still not sure how the series has brought anything truly meaningful to the genre, the first Crysis was a landmark in my opinion and even though Crysis 2/3 are decent games they lack ambition and scale.

dark10x

24hz at 1080p was cinematic
Actually, if I switched my plasma to proper 72 Hz 3:3 pulldown mode it didn't look bad at all. Most displays don't properly support this, however, and wind up with lots of judder on top of the low framerate.

Still, of course, I had no intention of playing at a framerate that low when it was easy to go further.

Did You know that You could snipe CELL on the Dam at the start of the whole level? :>
The fact that you can interact completely with that part of the level (which you don't get to for a while from that point) is really damn cool even if it is kind of game breaking.

iNvid02

Right, I just finished it. 8.30 hours total, veteran difficulty, enough challenge to keep me interested but unfortunately this is not a masterpiece by any stretch.

A very solid game, with its fair share of highlights, enjoyable but somewhat forgettable in the end. I'm still not sure how the series has brought anything truly meaningful to the genre, the first Crysis was a landmark in my opinion and even though Crysis 2/3 are decent games they lack ambition and scale.

ditto, the only reason i play them is because they look spectacular, have some awesome set pieces, and of course the feeling of being a badass in a nanosuit never gets old for me.

the ending was interesting actually

Eideka

Banned
ditto, the only reason i play them is because they look spectacular, have some awesome set pieces, and of course the feeling of being a badass in a nanosuit never gets old for me.

the ending was interesting actually

That's right, I expected some much worse.

I wouldn't mind a Crysis 4 on next-gen consoles in the same vein as Crysis 3, the new hardware should allow them to craft a much more ambitious FPS, sadly Crytek are going F2P....

They could keep making SP campaigns and apply their F2P model to the multiplayer mode.

kinggroin

Banned
Actually, if I switched my plasma to proper 72 Hz 3:3 pulldown mode it didn't look bad at all. Most displays don't properly support this, however, and wind up with lots of judder on top of the low framerate.

Still, of course, I had no intention of playing at a framerate that low when it was easy to go further.

The fact that you can interact completely with that part of the level (which you don't get to for a while from that point) is really damn cool even if it is kind of game breaking.

Ha! That's hilarious you did that. I actually switched my set to 96hz (meant for 24fps film to eliminate judder), and while its was a....clean frame rate, there was massive input lag that may or may not have been caused by extra processing on my Samsung set.

scitek

That's right, I expected some much worse.

I wouldn't mind a Crysis 4 on next-gen consoles in the same vein as Crysis 3, the new hardware should allow them to craft a much more ambitious FPS, sadly Crytek are going F2P....

They could keep making SP campaigns and apply their F2P model to the multiplayer mode.

Mike Read said the Crysis franchise will continue in a recent interview, though he didn't say in what form.

Waaghals

Crytek need to polish their games more. I had various audio stutters in C3 and enemies spawning on top of me etc.

Nothing gamebreaking, but still unnecessary.
The pc version of C2 would randomly reset your nano-catalyst until they patched it, and it still isn't possible to finish Crysis 1 in DX10 mode.

dark10x

Crytek need to polish their games more. I had various audio stutters in C3 and enemies spawning on top of me etc.

Nothing gamebreaking, but still unnecessary.
The pc version of C2 would randomly reset your nano-catalyst until they patched it, and it still isn't possible to finish Crysis 1 in DX10 mode.
What do you mean it's impossible to finish Crysis in DX10?

KKRT00

At around the 0:20 mark, is the bow string reflecting in the water behind the dam o_O ?

Yeah, known bug with screen space reflections, they could prevent it by disallowing weapons You hold to reflect, but i think Crytek just take policy to make everything real-time and engine 'turn on' feature and they didnt bother to fix it by hand in C3.
I havent noticed that ingame though :)

I run this with an overclocked 7850 (to 7870 levels) 2 GB card on very high everything 1080P, with some settings set to high, get 40-50 FPS.

It is a very pretty game. But so was crysis 1 and 2. Graphically I think we're at the point of saturation and diminishing returns. As impressive as this game is, Uncharted still probably wows me more in terms of design.

Game itself is decent. I still feel Crysis 1 is where it's at.

dark10x

The finally level was completely broken in DX10 for a lot of people. I don't think that bug that caused it was ever fixed.
Interesting. I actually played through the game in DX10 last year and did not run into this.

I believe it, though, as all of their games have had strange bugs such as this.

Zemm

Finally finished this, good game. The last hour or so was pretty poor though, and they still have the worst story telling in games. Luckily I don't play the Crysis series for the story at all so it's no big deal. In the main I enjoyed it.

I would love it Crytek added a "manual" suit mode, which allowed you to control the game like C1.

And also an option to make the gun models small so they dont take up as much of the screen like C1 also.

Top Bottom